Pink Lemonade

Rooibos Tea
Lemon, Strawberry, Sugar, Sweet, Tart, Citrusy, Tangy, Artificial, Hibiscus, Lemon Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “I tried a sample of this in store and found it way too sweet. Nonetheless, the beau talked me into picking up 50 grams. We made it hot last night (I still don’t really like iced tea) and it...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 707 tasting notes
  • “Another sipdown! I put this in the fridge at work so I’d have a treat the next day, and as a bonus the company gave us carbonated water and sanpellegrino drinks (which we’ll get every...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1774 tasting notes
  • “Have been drinking some tea lately but failing to log anything. Gah. Life is so busy! Looking for housing again, frantically trying to finish up thesis-related things… Anyhow,...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2970 tasting notes
  • “Dry Leaf Nose: Pink lemonade. Liquor: Pink colour with a slight cloudiness. Flavour: The flavour is very reminiscent of pink lemonade. A slight tartness from the lemon, but...” Read full tasting note
    DAVIDsTEA 231 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Think Pink

When life gives you lemons, reach for this zippy hot pink blend. One sip is enough to turn any frown upside down. Not only is it packed with rooibos, hibiscus and other good-for-you stuff, it’s also unbelievably delicious any way you drink it. Served hot, it’s a tart and tasty throat soother. On ice, it’s an addictively tangy summer refresher. And if you really want to take it to the next level, freeze it into ice cubes and blend them up with some agave and a splash of vodka. Hello, grown-up slushie.

Ingredients: Hibiscus, mango, rooibos, lemon peel, lemon myrtle, lemongrass, stevia, cornflower petals, natural and artificial lime, lemon and sugar cane flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I had to quickly run into the mall today and couldn’t resist going into David’s tea (after all who ever can!?). I had a sample of this tea iced and loved it so much I walked out with a cup. I don’t know if I would like this one as much warm but I will definitely pick this one up to have over the summer. I had a bit of agave in mine but I didn’t find it to be too sweet. I found it to have great flavours! It had a nice balance between tartness and sweetness which was really refreshing…I will definitely be stocking up on this :)

Thanks to BrewTEAlly Sweet for the sample.

I wasn’t expecting to like this one as much as I did. I am not a huge lover of Rooibos and I don’t sweeten my teas, so the reviews had me scared! But the smell was so so good that I decided to go for it this morning, thinking I could just dump it and brew something better :)

Yes, it is very sweet (I actually wondered if I had sweetened it in some sort of dazed black out), but the tartness cuts it enough that I really enjoyed it. I drank half of my sample hot and didn’t want t stop, but managed to drink the other half cold and I dont know which I liked more. I think I will actually need more of this!

Delicious! I added too much sugar, but I am enjoying it. I’m starting to think I like this one best really hot. It’s starting to cool and I think the hibiscus is coming out a bit more than I would have liked, but it still really good.

My hunny has saved some to make an iced tea with it tomorrow. It’s chilling in the fridge right now. I hope he enjoys it too.

So I went in to buy a iced tea travel mug and the girl over the counter said I could have a free tea of the day. I had the choice between Pink lemonade and an other one which sounded weird so I took the lemonade. After going shopping I finally took a sip of it and fell in love with it. I’m going back and buying a tin this weekend.. Great tea!

I bought a 50g bag of this in store. It smells just like pink lemonade, which I loved so I figured it would be a hit. I have only cold steeped it so far. It is delicious this way and tastes just like a glass of pink lemonade. If you enjoy pink lemonade I would recommend! Will certainly be getting a tin.

Definitely my favourite iced tea, hands down. I love the tarte but not overly citrus flavour. It is extremely refreshing. The deep pink colour makes me happy and I can drink a pitcher a day (and I often do). Addicted to this one. I steep as recommended (with twice the tea leaves) and pour over ice.

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

I made a huge pitcher of ice tea with the 50grams of Pink Lemonade I got. I think I didn’t make the concentrate strong enough because it does taste a little watered down but I can still pick up the flavours! We got lemon like no tomorrow, super tart but the sweetness that makes it ‘pink’ is also there. I picked up strawberries from this tea for some reason. Great as an iced tea though, I don’t think I could stomach it hot though.

Flavors: Lemon, Strawberry, Sugar, Sweet, Tart

Iced 5 min, 0 sec 8 tsp 34 OZ / 1000 ML

This was another tea I was expecting to love, despite the presence of rooibos. It turns out rooibos and hibiscus just don’t jive together very well on my palate. Thankfully, I only purchased a pitcher pack instead of committing to a 50-gram bag. We ended up drinking the majority of the pitcher of iced tea in combination with San Pellegrino (Aranciata or Limonata). It just wasn’t my cup of tea (pun intended).

YUM! Dry leaf smells amazing, totally pink lemonade and mesmerizing. My bag doesn’t list mango in the ingredients and I don’t taste any mango, so I’m not sure what happened there but I like it without mango. I think the sulphites might be bugging me a teeny bit so I’ll keep an eye on that.

HOT: Delicious. A strong flavour that tastes exactly like pink lemonade. Tasted exactly how it smelled, was not disappointed!

COLD: Also good. Tart and tangy!!! On the cusp of being way too over powering – I’ll use less leaf next time… I used 1.5x what I used to make it warm in a 12 oz container. And I might be crazy… but I like it better as a hot tea for some reason. That will probably change once the weather is warmer.

There’s something kind of off putting about this tea that I can’t quite place my finger on. It’s not the tartness, which I enjoyed. There’s lemon, which is fine. I’m not sure if it’s the rooibos, the hibiscus (which I don’t usually mind), or something else in this that’s putting me off. It wasn’t strictly unpleasant, but I certainly wouldn’t buy this again.

Flavors: Tart