Pink Lemonade

Rooibos Tea
Hibiscus, Lemon, Lemon Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “I tried a sample of this in store and found it way too sweet. Nonetheless, the beau talked me into picking up 50 grams. We made it hot last night (I still don't really like iced tea) and it was,...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 689 tasting notes
  • “Another sipdown! I put this in the fridge at work so I'd have a treat the next day, and as a bonus the company gave us carbonated water and sanpellegrino drinks (which we'll get every week now as...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1681 tasting notes
  • “Have been drinking some tea lately but failing to log anything. Gah. Life is so busy! Looking for housing again, frantically trying to finish up thesis-related things... Anyhow, figured I'd try...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2245 tasting notes
  • “Dry Leaf Nose: Pink lemonade. Liquor: Pink colour with a slight cloudiness. Flavour: The flavour is very reminiscent of pink lemonade. A slight tartness from the lemon, but overall sweet with...” Read full tasting note
    DAVIDsTEA 174 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Think Pink

When life gives you lemons, reach for this zippy hot pink blend. One sip is enough to turn any frown upside down. Not only is it packed with rooibos, hibiscus and other good-for-you stuff, it’s also unbelievably delicious any way you drink it. Served hot, it’s a tart and tasty throat soother. On ice, it’s an addictively tangy summer refresher. And if you really want to take it to the next level, freeze it into ice cubes and blend them up with some agave and a splash of vodka. Hello, grown-up slushie.

Ingredients: Hibiscus, mango, rooibos, lemon peel, lemon myrtle, lemongrass, stevia, cornflower petals, natural and artificial lime, lemon and sugar cane flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I had to quickly run into the mall today and couldn’t resist going into David’s tea (after all who ever can!?). I had a sample of this tea iced and loved it so much I walked out with a cup. I don’t know if I would like this one as much warm but I will definitely pick this one up to have over the summer. I had a bit of agave in mine but I didn’t find it to be too sweet. I found it to have great flavours! It had a nice balance between tartness and sweetness which was really refreshing…I will definitely be stocking up on this :)

Aroma: Strong lemon with a slight sweetness
Color: Pink
Taste: Had a lot of flavor that did remind me of pink lemonade. There was the tartness from the lemon but it was balanced with sweetness.
Notes: I wasn’t expecting this tea to be as sweet, but, I think it’s the perfect amount. First sip you taste the lemon, then as you swallow, it follows down with the sweetness. Very refreshing both hot and cold. I’d consider this one as a dessert tea but it was very well done.

Thanks to BrewTEAlly Sweet for the sample.

I wasn’t expecting to like this one as much as I did. I am not a huge lover of Rooibos and I don’t sweeten my teas, so the reviews had me scared! But the smell was so so good that I decided to go for it this morning, thinking I could just dump it and brew something better :)

Yes, it is very sweet (I actually wondered if I had sweetened it in some sort of dazed black out), but the tartness cuts it enough that I really enjoyed it. I drank half of my sample hot and didn’t want t stop, but managed to drink the other half cold and I dont know which I liked more. I think I will actually need more of this!

Delicious! I added too much sugar, but I am enjoying it. I’m starting to think I like this one best really hot. It’s starting to cool and I think the hibiscus is coming out a bit more than I would have liked, but it still really good.

My hunny has saved some to make an iced tea with it tomorrow. It’s chilling in the fridge right now. I hope he enjoys it too.

So I went in to buy a iced tea travel mug and the girl over the counter said I could have a free tea of the day. I had the choice between Pink lemonade and an other one which sounded weird so I took the lemonade. After going shopping I finally took a sip of it and fell in love with it. I’m going back and buying a tin this weekend.. Great tea!

I bought a 50g bag of this in store. It smells just like pink lemonade, which I loved so I figured it would be a hit. I have only cold steeped it so far. It is delicious this way and tastes just like a glass of pink lemonade. If you enjoy pink lemonade I would recommend! Will certainly be getting a tin.

Have had it twice now, unsweetened. Once iced (I steep hot and strong then pour over ice) and it was so refreshing on a really hot day and then once hot on a cooler, rainy day and I really enjoyed it both times. Should be tasted before sweetening as it is fairly sweet on its own.

Bitter stevia aftertaste is very pronounced.

Thanks for letting me try this one, Sil!

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 6 tsp 13 OZ / 375 ML

haha least you didn’t have to buy it :)

CUT!!! Come on tea, what are you doing? You are supposed to do it just like we rehearsed (in my head). For you see it is my 100th tasting note (Yay, happy dance)…so it is kind of a big deal. I want it to be about a tea that is super delicious..and that is supposed to be you given my love for pink lemonade..but you have to work with me. Okay? Okay. Back from the top.

Take One: 2 tsp. tea, 8 oz. water, 205 degrees, 5 minutes….
-Blech, what is this?? You aren’t really convincing me of the whole “I’m a delicious pink lemonade drink me because I’m just so good” role that I had envisioned. Your stevia is just not working for me, it’s too overpowering. Wait…maybe it’s not you…perhaps it’s the scenery…let’s cool it down a bit.

Take Two: 2 tsp tea, 8 oz. water, 205 degrees, 5 minutes….this time ICED
-Much better. Looks like you are starting to get the hang of it. You start out strong with the scrumptious pink lemonade flavor that I was hoping for but your finishing notes are just sooooo stevia… sooooo not good. Why is it there to begin with? I don’t want stevia in the center of my stage! Maybe there is just too much of you…let’s try toning you down a bit.

Take Three: 1.5 tsp tea, 8 oz. water, 205 degrees, 5 minutes….
Are we shooting underwater here because you are a bit muted and watery for me. Nice job cutting down on the stevia, though..it isn’t nearly as present as it had been. Can we try amping up the cuteness, though.. I do like a sweet lemonade.

Take Four: 1.5 tsp. tea, 8 oz. water, 205 degrees, 5 minutes….with AGAVE
Okay, this I can work with. We are getting there kid, don’t give up! I’m getting the delicious tangyness and the stevia is toned down…but something isn’t quite right.. too hot again. Stage crew, change the set, please!

Take Five: 1.5 tsp. tea, 8 oz. water, 205 degrees, 5 minutes….with AGAVE..and ICED
Erf… Not enough flavor. Give me a little more pizzazz! It’s a little bland right now…Picture a hot sunny day and all you want is to cool off with a nice refreshing glass of fruity tang..now go sell those lemonade notes!
Maybe you need a costar…

Take Six: 1.5 tsp. tea, 8 oz. water, 205 degrees, 5 minutes….with AGAVE…and MILK (erm..why not? tried everything else:P)
Abort, abort!!! Bad idea.. cup going down the drain. Sorry milk.. maybe we will bring you in next season with another costar…change the main characters just like Doctor Who!

Okay, tea…. I really don’t know what to do with you now. Boss says that you must be used but I can’t figure out how to make the story work. Maybe we will change the plot. It will be about a tea that should have been really good….strives to reach its goal and improves along the way only to crash and burn at the end. Not quite the happy go lucky storyline I was thinking of…but it’ll have to work. Take the rest of the night off, kid.

aside to assistant maybe we should tell David to rethink the whole stevia thing… tea would totally have worked without it. It’s really too bad..there was great potential.
Also, be sure to thank the lovely Ost for sending this one my way! .

Cheri

I love the note. I’m sorry the tea didn’t cooperate.

Jennkay

Haha, that was a very entertaining tasting note! I was really rooting for the tea.

carol who

LOL Love the note!

Ost

Seee! You can’t leave! :O

Veronica

Congrats on 100!

Anlina

I admire your persistence. I don’t think I’d have the patience to do that many tries of a less than wonderful tea.

albertocanfly

DELETEless than a minute ago
tehehe..thank you all so much, you guys! :D Glad you enjoyed it!

Anlina I had hope for it! Plus, some people really like this tea so I wanted to figure out it’s optimal flavor… Some amazing teas taste wonderful hot and lackluster iced while others are the complete opposite. Hard to judge based on a single trial..so why not do six? :]

This isn’t bad and I don’t think I’d ever drink it anything other than iced but it’s not my favorite. There are certainly strawberry lemonade-esque tisanes I enjoy more (like the tealux angel falls mist, a mixture of some Adagio tisanes or the Teavana one).

The only benefit this has that the others don’t is the addition of rooibos. Drinkable without sweetener, but not quite as pleasant as the others.