Pink Lemonade

Rooibos Tea
Lemon, Sugar, Alcohol, Hibiscus, Medicinal, Strawberry, Pineapple, Sweet, Tart, Citrusy, Tangy, Artificial, Lemon Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “I tried a sample of this in store and found it way too sweet. Nonetheless, the beau talked me into picking up 50 grams. We made it hot last night (I still don’t really like iced tea) and it...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 709 tasting notes
  • “Another sipdown! I put this in the fridge at work so I’d have a treat the next day, and as a bonus the company gave us carbonated water and sanpellegrino drinks (which we’ll get every...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1779 tasting notes
  • “Have been drinking some tea lately but failing to log anything. Gah. Life is so busy! Looking for housing again, frantically trying to finish up thesis-related things… Anyhow, figured...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 3134 tasting notes
  • “Dry Leaf Nose: Pink lemonade. Liquor: Pink colour with a slight cloudiness. Flavour: The flavour is very reminiscent of pink lemonade. A slight tartness from the lemon, but overall sweet with a...” Read full tasting note
    DAVIDsTEA 289 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Think Pink

When life gives you lemons, reach for this zippy hot pink blend. One sip is enough to turn any frown upside down. Not only is it packed with rooibos, hibiscus and other good-for-you stuff, it’s also unbelievably delicious any way you drink it. Served hot, it’s a tart and tasty throat soother. On ice, it’s an addictively tangy summer refresher. And if you really want to take it to the next level, freeze it into ice cubes and blend them up with some agave and a splash of vodka. Hello, grown-up slushie.

Ingredients: Hibiscus, mango, rooibos, lemon peel, lemon myrtle, lemongrass, stevia, cornflower petals, natural and artificial lime, lemon and sugar cane flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I had to quickly run into the mall today and couldn’t resist going into David’s tea (after all who ever can!?). I had a sample of this tea iced and loved it so much I walked out with a cup. I don’t know if I would like this one as much warm but I will definitely pick this one up to have over the summer. I had a bit of agave in mine but I didn’t find it to be too sweet. I found it to have great flavours! It had a nice balance between tartness and sweetness which was really refreshing…I will definitely be stocking up on this :)

Thanks to BrewTEAlly Sweet for the sample.

I wasn’t expecting to like this one as much as I did. I am not a huge lover of Rooibos and I don’t sweeten my teas, so the reviews had me scared! But the smell was so so good that I decided to go for it this morning, thinking I could just dump it and brew something better :)

Yes, it is very sweet (I actually wondered if I had sweetened it in some sort of dazed black out), but the tartness cuts it enough that I really enjoyed it. I drank half of my sample hot and didn’t want t stop, but managed to drink the other half cold and I dont know which I liked more. I think I will actually need more of this!

Delicious! I added too much sugar, but I am enjoying it. I’m starting to think I like this one best really hot. It’s starting to cool and I think the hibiscus is coming out a bit more than I would have liked, but it still really good.

My hunny has saved some to make an iced tea with it tomorrow. It’s chilling in the fridge right now. I hope he enjoys it too.

So I went in to buy a iced tea travel mug and the girl over the counter said I could have a free tea of the day. I had the choice between Pink lemonade and an other one which sounded weird so I took the lemonade. After going shopping I finally took a sip of it and fell in love with it. I’m going back and buying a tin this weekend.. Great tea!

I bought a 50g bag of this in store. It smells just like pink lemonade, which I loved so I figured it would be a hit. I have only cold steeped it so far. It is delicious this way and tastes just like a glass of pink lemonade. If you enjoy pink lemonade I would recommend! Will certainly be getting a tin.

Here’s Hoping TTB!

I came home late from a long, dragging day at work (on a Friday, none the less) to find this outside my door! Hooray!!! Ironically, I had just texted my boyfriend about an hour earlier to comment on how little tea I drank today. That’s going to be quick to change now ;)

I picked out this one for no particular reason, but seeing as it’s November it’s a bit out of season. I like it…but I hate how David’s always throws sweeteners in their tea. If I wanted sweetened tea, I’d put it in myself! Because of that, it’s a little too sweet – the stevia is pretty heavy handed in my opinion, and completely knocks out any flavor besides the lemon… which I guess is what lemonade is but.. eh…

Flavors: Lemon, Sugar

#ProjectTeaWall

This is one of the samples I nabbed today for Project Tea Wall; I know exactly why this is one I’ve never “tried” and that’s because I was with a friend who ordered it once and when I tried a sip of her’s it tasted way too tart to me. So I never explored it further. Well, I’m changing that today!

Even though it’d probably be better iced, I’m drinking this one hot tonight while I munch on some Pink Lemonade flavoured popcorn at the same time. I’m getting my little sister a whole bunch of different watermelon flavoured things for Christmas ‘cause that’s her favourite food overall. So while I was downtown I got watermelon popcorn for her and a couple other weird flavours for myself. It just made sense to me that pink lemonade popcorn would be nice with pink lemonade tea.

Well, the popcorn sucks. Sure, it’s SUPER pretty looking. But the taste is actually a little medicinal lemon tasting and for some strange reason the popcorn is still buttered and salted as well – neither of those two things are flavours that taste nice next to lemonade. So; I’m gonna pass on the rest of the bowl of popcorn and hope that my roommate likes it better than I did.

But I’m not here to write about the popcorn. Lets get into the tea! Firstly, the dry leaf actually smells really good. I mean, it’s pretty much exactly like canned pink lemonade. Acidic, tangy, and with a sweet undertone. When I steeped it up though my initial fears that the tartness comes entirely from the hibiscus in the blend resurfaced though: the liquor colour is a deep hibiscus pink purple.

I’m gonna go on a limb though and say that this is one of those few times where hibiscus is an appropriate addition to convey the intended, titular flavour that the blend is going for. The tartness of the hibiscus is apparent, but it’s also a good match for sweet and sour lemon notes in the blend. And while the merging of the two seperate flavour notes, hibby and lemon, is not seamless it’s pretty smooth. Apart from that this has a sweetness to the end of the sip that extends past the natural sweetness of the lemon; gonna go on a limb and say it’s the sugar cane rather than the stevia because it’s a pleasant sweetness and when stevia really makes itself known it’s not all that pleasant.

Other major points of note…

This is a good rooibos for people who don’t generally like rooibos because it’s completely masked by the other strong flavour. Additionally, the lime is a bit noticeable in the finish of the sip but the mango is totally lost amongst everything else. I wouldn’t be completely surprised if it was more intended as a filler.

Anyway, I’m happy I gave this a real try ’cause one thing I can definitely say with confidance is that this cup did not taste medicinal which was what I expected from it. Surprisingly, as a hot tea, two thumbs up from me!

Friendly reminder that I am not currently numerically reviewing DAVIDsTEA blends because I’m currently employed by them and therefore an obvious conflict of interest exists.

Here’s Hoping TTB

The scent of the leaf and brew wasn’t really impressing me, then the sweetness of the stevia hit on my first sip, so I dumped the rest of the cup. I cannot stand stevia.

I’m not a lover of this one. It does remind me of pink lemonade but I was more tartness and I’m just not getting that here. What am I getting? Stevia. Is that in here? Because I am tasting it and it’s just not awesome.

Pink Lemonade is very overpowering and the taste changes depending on where it hits your mouth. Sometimes, you’ll get sips that are very sweet and strawberry-lemon-candy-tasting. However, most times there is a strange artificial flavor that almost seems poisonous. Because of that artificial flavor which I have experienced about 8/10 times, I don’t think I would recommend this tea. The 2/10 times where the flavor doesn’t occur, the tea is great!

Also, I have had this both hot and cold, and once again the flavor changes even more depending on the temperature. When it is hot, it tastes almost like medicine and seems very throat-soothing. I think, if anything, it is better as a cold tea, where the more fruity flavours are drawn out.

Flavors: Alcohol, Hibiscus, Medicinal, Strawberry