Pink Lemonade

Rooibos Tea
Hibiscus, Lemon, Pineapple, Sweet, Tart, Strawberry, Sugar, Citrusy, Tangy, Artificial, Lemon Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “I tried a sample of this in store and found it way too sweet. Nonetheless, the beau talked me into picking up 50 grams. We made it hot last night (I still don’t really like iced tea) and it...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 707 tasting notes
  • “Another sipdown! I put this in the fridge at work so I’d have a treat the next day, and as a bonus the company gave us carbonated water and sanpellegrino drinks (which we’ll get every...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1774 tasting notes
  • “Have been drinking some tea lately but failing to log anything. Gah. Life is so busy! Looking for housing again, frantically trying to finish up thesis-related things… Anyhow, figured...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 3051 tasting notes
  • “Dry Leaf Nose: Pink lemonade. Liquor: Pink colour with a slight cloudiness. Flavour: The flavour is very reminiscent of pink lemonade. A slight tartness from the lemon, but overall sweet with a...” Read full tasting note
    DAVIDsTEA 265 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Think Pink

When life gives you lemons, reach for this zippy hot pink blend. One sip is enough to turn any frown upside down. Not only is it packed with rooibos, hibiscus and other good-for-you stuff, it’s also unbelievably delicious any way you drink it. Served hot, it’s a tart and tasty throat soother. On ice, it’s an addictively tangy summer refresher. And if you really want to take it to the next level, freeze it into ice cubes and blend them up with some agave and a splash of vodka. Hello, grown-up slushie.

Ingredients: Hibiscus, mango, rooibos, lemon peel, lemon myrtle, lemongrass, stevia, cornflower petals, natural and artificial lime, lemon and sugar cane flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

YUM! Dry leaf smells amazing, totally pink lemonade and mesmerizing. My bag doesn’t list mango in the ingredients and I don’t taste any mango, so I’m not sure what happened there but I like it without mango. I think the sulphites might be bugging me a teeny bit so I’ll keep an eye on that.

HOT: Delicious. A strong flavour that tastes exactly like pink lemonade. Tasted exactly how it smelled, was not disappointed!

COLD: Also good. Tart and tangy!!! On the cusp of being way too over powering – I’ll use less leaf next time… I used 1.5x what I used to make it warm in a 12 oz container. And I might be crazy… but I like it better as a hot tea for some reason. That will probably change once the weather is warmer.

There’s something kind of off putting about this tea that I can’t quite place my finger on. It’s not the tartness, which I enjoyed. There’s lemon, which is fine. I’m not sure if it’s the rooibos, the hibiscus (which I don’t usually mind), or something else in this that’s putting me off. It wasn’t strictly unpleasant, but I certainly wouldn’t buy this again.

Flavors: Tart

Iced 2 tsp 17 OZ / 500 ML

I really enjoy this tea, but I find it a bit tart for an iced tea. I added a small amount of splenda and it has lessened the tartness without masking the flavour. I really need to pick up some liquid stevia drops for future iced tea sweetenings.

Flavors: Lemon, Tart

Iced 8 min or more
Fay

I’m hoping to have this tomorrow morning. I’ll keep in mind I might need to add some agave.

Lisa Elizabeth

I don’t mind one cup of cold or hot tart tea, but when it’s a full pitcher, it’s a bit hard on my stomach.

My other go-to tea. I absolutely LOVE this tea. Hot or cold! I don’t find it as sweet as others have said, I love the tartness of it.

If you’ve got kids, I highly recommend this tea. My 2-year-old mostly drinks water and milk but sometimes he wants something sweet. We used to give him a few drops of that concentrated goo stuff (Dasani make one, as do Kool Aid) in his water to flavour it and his favourite variety was pink lemonade but the sorbates in that stuff – SORRY IF THIS IS TMI – gave him the runs.

So I found this pink lemonade rooibos from David’s to be the perfect replacement for the chemical filled juice products. He loves it cold brewed and poured into his sippy cup! I imagine lots of children would like this. You could even pour a little soda water in there to make it fizz. It’s so sweet and tangy. My husband also loves this as an iced tea. I prefer it hot, especially when I have a cold as it’s super soothing. The colour is beautiful too!

This was one of my very first tea purchases and I still like it quite a bit. It’s a really nice lemon tea when I’m sick – add a bit of honey and you’ve got a nice bright lemon tea to make you feel a little better – strong enough to be tasted even when sick but not to strong that you can’t enjoy it any other time too!

I don’t know if I got tired of this tea, but I’m not enjoying it the way I once was…

Flavors: Lemon, Sweet, Tart

Boiling 4 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

The smell from this tea is strong to the point that it kind of hurts your nose and can be smelled from across the room. I found drinking this hot to be a little wierd, because of the strong lemon taste and smell. I enjoyed it most iced poured over frozen raspberries to make a sort of raspberry lemondade iced tea. Over all I would not buy again, since I only sorta enjoyed it iced and found the aroma to be overly artificial.

Flavors: Artificial, Hibiscus, Lemon

Have had it twice now, unsweetened. Once iced (I steep hot and strong then pour over ice) and it was so refreshing on a really hot day and then once hot on a cooler, rainy day and I really enjoyed it both times. Should be tasted before sweetening as it is fairly sweet on its own.

Bitter stevia aftertaste is very pronounced.

Thanks for letting me try this one, Sil!

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 6 tsp 13 OZ / 375 ML

haha least you didn’t have to buy it :)