Pink Lemonade

Rooibos Tea
Alcohol, Hibiscus, Medicinal, Strawberry, Lemon, Pineapple, Sweet, Tart, Sugar, Citrusy, Tangy, Artificial, Lemon Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “I tried a sample of this in store and found it way too sweet. Nonetheless, the beau talked me into picking up 50 grams. We made it hot last night (I still don’t really like iced tea) and it...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 709 tasting notes
  • “Another sipdown! I put this in the fridge at work so I’d have a treat the next day, and as a bonus the company gave us carbonated water and sanpellegrino drinks (which we’ll get every...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1774 tasting notes
  • “Have been drinking some tea lately but failing to log anything. Gah. Life is so busy! Looking for housing again, frantically trying to finish up thesis-related things… Anyhow, figured...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 3132 tasting notes
  • “Dry Leaf Nose: Pink lemonade. Liquor: Pink colour with a slight cloudiness. Flavour: The flavour is very reminiscent of pink lemonade. A slight tartness from the lemon, but overall sweet with a...” Read full tasting note
    DAVIDsTEA 289 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Think Pink

When life gives you lemons, reach for this zippy hot pink blend. One sip is enough to turn any frown upside down. Not only is it packed with rooibos, hibiscus and other good-for-you stuff, it’s also unbelievably delicious any way you drink it. Served hot, it’s a tart and tasty throat soother. On ice, it’s an addictively tangy summer refresher. And if you really want to take it to the next level, freeze it into ice cubes and blend them up with some agave and a splash of vodka. Hello, grown-up slushie.

Ingredients: Hibiscus, mango, rooibos, lemon peel, lemon myrtle, lemongrass, stevia, cornflower petals, natural and artificial lime, lemon and sugar cane flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

2089 tasting notes

Here’s Hoping Traveling Teabox – Round #5 – Tea #25
Well, this is about as tart as I thought it would be! Yowzas. Hibiscus and lemon is a deadly combination! I’d say it was the tea that could most taste like lemonade though. Nothing compares to an actual cup of lemonade, but at least this bright red cup didn’t have the sugar. I should have added some though. I wish tea companies wouldn’t add stevia to their teas (especially as they tend to go bad in a tea blend, probably faster than other ingredients). The tea drinker will either add sugar or they won’t. The lemon flavor has hints of lemon rind though, which is a little odd. Otherwise, it’s just fully tart hibiscus and tart lemon from all these lemony ingredients.

Very tart, tangy and sour. Also astringent.

Mmm! I’m catching up with a lot of tea reviews today!

This tea is quite tasty. Very nice for the summer! I like how fruity it is – quite refreshing! The only problem I have with this tea is that if the tea is left in too long, the hibiscus begins to take over and become very tart/bitter. I just pay attention to how strong I make it and I can usually avoid this issue!

Overall, this tea is really yummy and quite a bit sweeter than I expected. I like it, but I don’t think I need a permanent stock of it. I’ll definitely drink it again, but there are other teas that I enjoy more iced!

Flavors: Hibiscus, Lemon, Pineapple, Sweet, Tart

Definitely my favourite iced tea, hands down. I love the tarte but not overly citrus flavour. It is extremely refreshing. The deep pink colour makes me happy and I can drink a pitcher a day (and I often do). Addicted to this one. I steep as recommended (with twice the tea leaves) and pour over ice.

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

I made a huge pitcher of ice tea with the 50grams of Pink Lemonade I got. I think I didn’t make the concentrate strong enough because it does taste a little watered down but I can still pick up the flavours! We got lemon like no tomorrow, super tart but the sweetness that makes it ‘pink’ is also there. I picked up strawberries from this tea for some reason. Great as an iced tea though, I don’t think I could stomach it hot though.

Flavors: Lemon, Strawberry, Sugar, Sweet, Tart

Iced 5 min, 0 sec 8 tsp 34 OZ / 1000 ML

This was another tea I was expecting to love, despite the presence of rooibos. It turns out rooibos and hibiscus just don’t jive together very well on my palate. Thankfully, I only purchased a pitcher pack instead of committing to a 50-gram bag. We ended up drinking the majority of the pitcher of iced tea in combination with San Pellegrino (Aranciata or Limonata). It just wasn’t my cup of tea (pun intended).

YUM! Dry leaf smells amazing, totally pink lemonade and mesmerizing. My bag doesn’t list mango in the ingredients and I don’t taste any mango, so I’m not sure what happened there but I like it without mango. I think the sulphites might be bugging me a teeny bit so I’ll keep an eye on that.

HOT: Delicious. A strong flavour that tastes exactly like pink lemonade. Tasted exactly how it smelled, was not disappointed!

COLD: Also good. Tart and tangy!!! On the cusp of being way too over powering – I’ll use less leaf next time… I used 1.5x what I used to make it warm in a 12 oz container. And I might be crazy… but I like it better as a hot tea for some reason. That will probably change once the weather is warmer.

There’s something kind of off putting about this tea that I can’t quite place my finger on. It’s not the tartness, which I enjoyed. There’s lemon, which is fine. I’m not sure if it’s the rooibos, the hibiscus (which I don’t usually mind), or something else in this that’s putting me off. It wasn’t strictly unpleasant, but I certainly wouldn’t buy this again.

Flavors: Tart

Iced 2 tsp 17 OZ / 500 ML

I really enjoy this tea, but I find it a bit tart for an iced tea. I added a small amount of splenda and it has lessened the tartness without masking the flavour. I really need to pick up some liquid stevia drops for future iced tea sweetenings.

Flavors: Lemon, Tart

Iced 8 min or more
Fay

I’m hoping to have this tomorrow morning. I’ll keep in mind I might need to add some agave.

Lisa Elizabeth

I don’t mind one cup of cold or hot tart tea, but when it’s a full pitcher, it’s a bit hard on my stomach.