Pink Lemonade

Rooibos Tea
Hibiscus, Lemon, Pineapple, Sweet, Tart, Strawberry, Sugar, Citrusy, Tangy, Artificial, Lemon Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “I tried a sample of this in store and found it way too sweet. Nonetheless, the beau talked me into picking up 50 grams. We made it hot last night (I still don’t really like iced tea) and it...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 707 tasting notes
  • “Another sipdown! I put this in the fridge at work so I’d have a treat the next day, and as a bonus the company gave us carbonated water and sanpellegrino drinks (which we’ll get every...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1774 tasting notes
  • “Have been drinking some tea lately but failing to log anything. Gah. Life is so busy! Looking for housing again, frantically trying to finish up thesis-related things… Anyhow, figured...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 3034 tasting notes
  • “Dry Leaf Nose: Pink lemonade. Liquor: Pink colour with a slight cloudiness. Flavour: The flavour is very reminiscent of pink lemonade. A slight tartness from the lemon, but overall sweet with a...” Read full tasting note
    DAVIDsTEA 255 tasting notes

Think Pink

When life gives you lemons, reach for this zippy hot pink blend. One sip is enough to turn any frown upside down. Not only is it packed with rooibos, hibiscus and other good-for-you stuff, it’s also unbelievably delicious any way you drink it. Served hot, it’s a tart and tasty throat soother. On ice, it’s an addictively tangy summer refresher. And if you really want to take it to the next level, freeze it into ice cubes and blend them up with some agave and a splash of vodka. Hello, grown-up slushie.

Ingredients: Hibiscus, mango, rooibos, lemon peel, lemon myrtle, lemongrass, stevia, cornflower petals, natural and artificial lime, lemon and sugar cane flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

There’s something kind of off putting about this tea that I can’t quite place my finger on. It’s not the tartness, which I enjoyed. There’s lemon, which is fine. I’m not sure if it’s the rooibos, the hibiscus (which I don’t usually mind), or something else in this that’s putting me off. It wasn’t strictly unpleasant, but I certainly wouldn’t buy this again.

Flavors: Tart

Iced 2 tsp 17 OZ / 500 ML

I really enjoy this tea, but I find it a bit tart for an iced tea. I added a small amount of splenda and it has lessened the tartness without masking the flavour. I really need to pick up some liquid stevia drops for future iced tea sweetenings.

Flavors: Lemon, Tart

Iced 8 min or more

I’m hoping to have this tomorrow morning. I’ll keep in mind I might need to add some agave.

Lisa Elizabeth

I don’t mind one cup of cold or hot tart tea, but when it’s a full pitcher, it’s a bit hard on my stomach.

My other go-to tea. I absolutely LOVE this tea. Hot or cold! I don’t find it as sweet as others have said, I love the tartness of it.

If you’ve got kids, I highly recommend this tea. My 2-year-old mostly drinks water and milk but sometimes he wants something sweet. We used to give him a few drops of that concentrated goo stuff (Dasani make one, as do Kool Aid) in his water to flavour it and his favourite variety was pink lemonade but the sorbates in that stuff – SORRY IF THIS IS TMI – gave him the runs.

So I found this pink lemonade rooibos from David’s to be the perfect replacement for the chemical filled juice products. He loves it cold brewed and poured into his sippy cup! I imagine lots of children would like this. You could even pour a little soda water in there to make it fizz. It’s so sweet and tangy. My husband also loves this as an iced tea. I prefer it hot, especially when I have a cold as it’s super soothing. The colour is beautiful too!

This was one of my very first tea purchases and I still like it quite a bit. It’s a really nice lemon tea when I’m sick – add a bit of honey and you’ve got a nice bright lemon tea to make you feel a little better – strong enough to be tasted even when sick but not to strong that you can’t enjoy it any other time too!

I don’t know if I got tired of this tea, but I’m not enjoying it the way I once was…

Flavors: Lemon, Sweet, Tart

Boiling 4 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

The smell from this tea is strong to the point that it kind of hurts your nose and can be smelled from across the room. I found drinking this hot to be a little wierd, because of the strong lemon taste and smell. I enjoyed it most iced poured over frozen raspberries to make a sort of raspberry lemondade iced tea. Over all I would not buy again, since I only sorta enjoyed it iced and found the aroma to be overly artificial.

Flavors: Artificial, Hibiscus, Lemon

Have had it twice now, unsweetened. Once iced (I steep hot and strong then pour over ice) and it was so refreshing on a really hot day and then once hot on a cooler, rainy day and I really enjoyed it both times. Should be tasted before sweetening as it is fairly sweet on its own.

Bitter stevia aftertaste is very pronounced.

Thanks for letting me try this one, Sil!

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 6 tsp 13 OZ / 375 ML

haha least you didn’t have to buy it :)

CUT!!! Come on tea, what are you doing? You are supposed to do it just like we rehearsed (in my head). For you see it is my 100th tasting note (Yay, happy dance)…so it is kind of a big deal. I want it to be about a tea that is super delicious..and that is supposed to be you given my love for pink lemonade..but you have to work with me. Okay? Okay. Back from the top.

Take One: 2 tsp. tea, 8 oz. water, 205 degrees, 5 minutes….
-Blech, what is this?? You aren’t really convincing me of the whole “I’m a delicious pink lemonade drink me because I’m just so good” role that I had envisioned. Your stevia is just not working for me, it’s too overpowering. Wait…maybe it’s not you…perhaps it’s the scenery…let’s cool it down a bit.

Take Two: 2 tsp tea, 8 oz. water, 205 degrees, 5 minutes….this time ICED
-Much better. Looks like you are starting to get the hang of it. You start out strong with the scrumptious pink lemonade flavor that I was hoping for but your finishing notes are just sooooo stevia… sooooo not good. Why is it there to begin with? I don’t want stevia in the center of my stage! Maybe there is just too much of you…let’s try toning you down a bit.

Take Three: 1.5 tsp tea, 8 oz. water, 205 degrees, 5 minutes….
Are we shooting underwater here because you are a bit muted and watery for me. Nice job cutting down on the stevia, isn’t nearly as present as it had been. Can we try amping up the cuteness, though.. I do like a sweet lemonade.

Take Four: 1.5 tsp. tea, 8 oz. water, 205 degrees, 5 minutes….with AGAVE
Okay, this I can work with. We are getting there kid, don’t give up! I’m getting the delicious tangyness and the stevia is toned down…but something isn’t quite right.. too hot again. Stage crew, change the set, please!

Take Five: 1.5 tsp. tea, 8 oz. water, 205 degrees, 5 minutes….with AGAVE..and ICED
Erf… Not enough flavor. Give me a little more pizzazz! It’s a little bland right now…Picture a hot sunny day and all you want is to cool off with a nice refreshing glass of fruity go sell those lemonade notes!
Maybe you need a costar…

Take Six: 1.5 tsp. tea, 8 oz. water, 205 degrees, 5 minutes….with AGAVE…and MILK (erm..why not? tried everything else:P)
Abort, abort!!! Bad idea.. cup going down the drain. Sorry milk.. maybe we will bring you in next season with another costar…change the main characters just like Doctor Who!

Okay, tea…. I really don’t know what to do with you now. Boss says that you must be used but I can’t figure out how to make the story work. Maybe we will change the plot. It will be about a tea that should have been really good….strives to reach its goal and improves along the way only to crash and burn at the end. Not quite the happy go lucky storyline I was thinking of…but it’ll have to work. Take the rest of the night off, kid.

aside to assistant maybe we should tell David to rethink the whole stevia thing… tea would totally have worked without it. It’s really too bad..there was great potential.
Also, be sure to thank the lovely Ost for sending this one my way! .

I love the note. I’m sorry the tea didn’t cooperate.

Haha, that was a very entertaining tasting note! I was really rooting for the tea.

carol who

LOL Love the note!

Seee! You can’t leave! :O

Congrats on 100!

I admire your persistence. I don’t think I’d have the patience to do that many tries of a less than wonderful tea.

DELETEless than a minute ago
tehehe..thank you all so much, you guys! :D Glad you enjoyed it!

Anlina I had hope for it! Plus, some people really like this tea so I wanted to figure out it’s optimal flavor… Some amazing teas taste wonderful hot and lackluster iced while others are the complete opposite. Hard to judge based on a single why not do six? :]