Pink Lemonade

Rooibos Tea
Artificial, Hibiscus, Lemon, Lemon Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “I tried a sample of this in store and found it way too sweet. Nonetheless, the beau talked me into picking up 50 grams. We made it hot last night (I still don't really like iced tea) and it was,...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 699 tasting notes
  • “Another sipdown! I put this in the fridge at work so I'd have a treat the next day, and as a bonus the company gave us carbonated water and sanpellegrino drinks (which we'll get every week now as...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1700 tasting notes
  • “Have been drinking some tea lately but failing to log anything. Gah. Life is so busy! Looking for housing again, frantically trying to finish up thesis-related things... Anyhow, figured I'd try...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2515 tasting notes
  • “Dry Leaf Nose: Pink lemonade. Liquor: Pink colour with a slight cloudiness. Flavour: The flavour is very reminiscent of pink lemonade. A slight tartness from the lemon, but overall sweet with...” Read full tasting note
    DAVIDsTEA 187 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Think Pink

When life gives you lemons, reach for this zippy hot pink blend. One sip is enough to turn any frown upside down. Not only is it packed with rooibos, hibiscus and other good-for-you stuff, it’s also unbelievably delicious any way you drink it. Served hot, it’s a tart and tasty throat soother. On ice, it’s an addictively tangy summer refresher. And if you really want to take it to the next level, freeze it into ice cubes and blend them up with some agave and a splash of vodka. Hello, grown-up slushie.

Ingredients: Hibiscus, mango, rooibos, lemon peel, lemon myrtle, lemongrass, stevia, cornflower petals, natural and artificial lime, lemon and sugar cane flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I bought this one because my fiance LOVES pink lemonade. I’m trying to get him away from buying the pink lemonade mix or those super-sugared bottled versions and, voila!, found a tea replacement!

I cold-brewed this one overnight and used 1.5tsp per 8oz (instead of the recommended 1.25tsp); I got a very light pink tea that had a light fruity lemonade taste to it. Without sugar, it’s got a sour tang that builds as you drink it. According to my fiance, it’s spot on pink lemonade and only needs a tiny bit of sugar to make it perfect.

A definite reorder once we use up the 2oz we have! I’ll make a tea lover out of that guy yet!

Iced 8 min or more 4 tsp 21 OZ / 621 ML

This is one of the first teas I’ve gotten from Davids. I adore it! There is an aftertaste thåt is a little tin-ish but I don’t mind. It tastes exactly like pink lemonade! I drink it hot or cold, and my friends love it too. It turns a very pretty pink when steeped which is a bonus. I just wish it wasn’t pre-sweetened with the stevia. I would enjoy it much more if I could pick the sweetness on my own.

1 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I drank this tea hot and I didn’t like it, it was to acid, maybe it could be better served on ice.

Day 17 of my do-it-yourself scavenger hunt advent calendar!

Smelling this one out of the package I fell in love instantly. I figured if it tasted anything like it smells this will be one of my new favourites. And I wasn’t disappointed. This tea was VERY sweet, but I kind of liked that. Normally I’m not a sweet tea kind of person but because this is pink lemonade I can deal with it. It reminds me a lot of the Kool Aid blue lemonade (which is actually berry lemonade, so just a blue version of pink lemonade) which is by far my favourite kind of Kool Aid. I definitely have to try this one iced. Might be my new favourite cold beverage!

Verdict: Will definitely buy. If they discontinue this one I’ll be sad panda.

I thought that it would taste strong, and (*warning I’m about to make up a word) overpower-ingly tangy. Actually, it was surprisingly sweet and only a little bit tangy!

The person in the store made it really concentrated, and my mom was complaining that her tea pop was too weak. So I tried her tea pop and it actually had less flavor than my regular iced tea. I guess that makes sense…

So overall, it tastes exactly like lemonade! It’s delicious, sweet but not too sweet, and has just the right amount of tangy-ness :) This will definitely the perfect tea to quench your thirst on a hot summer day!

I have tons of mixed feelings about this one because it is simply SO SWEET. I don’t mind excessively sweet teas in the least, in fact I’m generally drawn to them, but the aftertaste on this is like Hallowe’en gum and whatever tangy flavour there is gets completely absorbed by the overbearing sweetness.

That said, it’s pretty good as a pop and my little brother doesn’t mind when I make it for him. And for some reason, I keep coming back to it.

This is certainly meant for iced. Do not steep it hot, EVER. This tea is certainly meant to be iced or tea popped.

Here’s how I do it.

I steep it like crazy as shown in the preparation details, then I’d put a lot of ice in the cup. So in the cup, half full of the tea, and full cup of ice. Which makes for a perfect summer drink.

Cheers Everyone.

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

This is my new favorite tea and I love everything about it. The color, the level of sweetness, the taste, the look of it. It is amazing as an iced tea and I wonder what I was drinking before I tried it.

Boiling 8 min or more

I didn’t realize this had stevia in it. This is a really sweet, somewhat punchy lemonade flavor tea. I don’t really mind sweet lemonade, but I’m just not a fan of how stevia tastes. To me it’s a very distinctive flavor all on its own, and I think it just didn’t blend in here. It’s all I was thinking about when I was drinking this (iced).