Pink Lemonade

Rooibos Tea
Hibiscus, Lemon, Pineapple, Sweet, Tart, Strawberry, Sugar, Citrusy, Tangy, Artificial, Lemon Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “I tried a sample of this in store and found it way too sweet. Nonetheless, the beau talked me into picking up 50 grams. We made it hot last night (I still don’t really like iced tea) and it...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 707 tasting notes
  • “Another sipdown! I put this in the fridge at work so I’d have a treat the next day, and as a bonus the company gave us carbonated water and sanpellegrino drinks (which we’ll get every...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1774 tasting notes
  • “Have been drinking some tea lately but failing to log anything. Gah. Life is so busy! Looking for housing again, frantically trying to finish up thesis-related things… Anyhow, figured...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 3034 tasting notes
  • “Dry Leaf Nose: Pink lemonade. Liquor: Pink colour with a slight cloudiness. Flavour: The flavour is very reminiscent of pink lemonade. A slight tartness from the lemon, but overall sweet with a...” Read full tasting note
    DAVIDsTEA 256 tasting notes

Think Pink

When life gives you lemons, reach for this zippy hot pink blend. One sip is enough to turn any frown upside down. Not only is it packed with rooibos, hibiscus and other good-for-you stuff, it’s also unbelievably delicious any way you drink it. Served hot, it’s a tart and tasty throat soother. On ice, it’s an addictively tangy summer refresher. And if you really want to take it to the next level, freeze it into ice cubes and blend them up with some agave and a splash of vodka. Hello, grown-up slushie.

Ingredients: Hibiscus, mango, rooibos, lemon peel, lemon myrtle, lemongrass, stevia, cornflower petals, natural and artificial lime, lemon and sugar cane flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This isn’t bad and I don’t think I’d ever drink it anything other than iced but it’s not my favorite. There are certainly strawberry lemonade-esque tisanes I enjoy more (like the tealux angel falls mist, a mixture of some Adagio tisanes or the Teavana one).

The only benefit this has that the others don’t is the addition of rooibos. Drinkable without sweetener, but not quite as pleasant as the others.

Hands down one of my favourite teas on a hot summer day. It tastes good both hot and cold. I also found that it had the right amount of tang and zest for a lemonade tea.

Flavors: Hibiscus, Lemon, Lemon Zest

gross. since i was in a davids, i picked up this one to try as a cold brew. STEVIA I HATE YOU! that’s right…give me the stupid sprinkles in cherry snow cone over the stevia in this one because it’s all that i can taste. Smells like pink lemonade, first sip is really nice and then…….
ZOMG ATTACK OF THE STEVIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Final Count: 175 ’Cause well cherry snow cone will be in there until tomorrow. :)

Iced 8 min or more

Yeah, I was not a fan of this. Not at all. I’d rather have the super SUPER sweet cotton candy. And I prefer root beer.

this one is nasty…

It makes me sad because I really want the rainbow tin this comes in, but I know I would hate the tea.

It’s a good thing I love sweets, because I sweetened this before I realized that it’s already sweetened. And got thing that I like my lemonade extra sweet! This was sweet and lemony with out that sort of dry mouth and thick coated feeling in my throat that I get from real lemonade (is that normal, do other people get that?). So this is better than the real thing for me. And the rooibos adds a little bit of depth and complexity to it that I liked!
Thanks Ost for the sample!

Iced 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 1 OZ / 29 ML

First sip. I can barely write this tasting note over the sound of my taste buds screaming “ohgodohgodohgod getitoffmegetitoffmegetitoffme”. There is this terrible chemical aftertaste. Also, disclaimer, I don’t like lemonade to begin with but I promised Virginia I’d try this. There’s no way I’m drinking the rest of this.

Boiling 4 min, 45 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Awe, too bad! I have this on my list to try.

I have a good-sized sample left and you are more than welcome to it. PM me if you’d like me to pop it in the mail to you.

LOL omg this made me laugh so hard! Sorry girl. Now we are even I guess lolll But I’m happy you liked a couple of the rooiboses I sent :)

I made this iced, and added too much honey to the mix to try and offset the fake stevia sweetness. Instead, it just made this worse. Also, the lemon myrtle is really, really apparent.

Brews up a lovely rosy peachy colour, but that’s about the only thing I like about it. Glad that this is a sipdown based off of purchasing a single pack.

This is so perfect for warm weather. It’s a pretty dark pink shade, from the hibiscus, and the lemon flavor is really lovely and strong. I drank this hot, but I can already tell it will be excellent as a cold brew.

I do wonder why David’s uses artificial flavorings. Artificial lime? Really? Because the real thing is SOOOOO hard to come by?

I really enjoyed this tea, but I am on the lookout for something similar without the artificial flavors.

OMG! I’ve been trying to pass my bag of Pink Lemonade to someone for ages! And now that I have kind of pushed it onto someone else, I see this! Life, why you so funny.

LOL! Your comment made me giggle. Tea pusher!

OMG the someone it was pushed on was me, wasn’t it? LOL

NO! Well yes, a bit of it. But then I pushed it onto another user as well! I’m sending her the rest of the bag. But it could be you if you don’t stop! xD

Ha! I’m interested to try this even though I think it will not be thing

Try it as a cold brew! I liked it hot, but I really think it will make an awesome cold tea!

I should know by now that these blends have something in them that I’m allergic to (even though the ingredient listing for this one seems shocking accurate and thorough on here). Regardless, I made up another 2L batch of this iced for the kidlets, and wanted to try it as my teenage daughter said, “This is my favorite so far, Mommy!” Funny, as we had this the other day, however I only steeped it hot for 4 minutes then prior to icing, whereas today it steeped for a good 15 minutes hot before icing.

It’s tart, even sweetened. I get more lemon-hibiscus than lemonade, but I get why my daughter likes it. While it’s infinitely better than the last time I had it, it’s still something I’ll shy away from. It’s also convincing me I just need to buy a boatload of TeaGschwendner’s Bamboo Pomelo and drink that iced all summer.

Preparation: 8 tsp tea in 4 cups of 200F water for 15 minutes, then with two cups of ice added and four teaspoons of Swerve.

Flavors: Lemon Zest

Iced 8 tsp 32 OZ / 946 ML

Looks like you really have to watch Davids.. they should be better about labeling what’s in their teas. Too many people have some kind of an allergy these days.
My husband really liked the Bamboo Pomelo too!

I bought a tea from them recently and the ingredients list on the tea itself lists less than the tea on the website. I emailed asking which was correct, but haven’t heard back.

I wouldn’t hold your breath; few of the staff even know what’s what when I’ve pressed them for specific “flavors” that get listed. I should know better, I’m far from the first to get burned with them, so I just avoid them for the most part these days.

VERY sweet, not mentioning the fact that I added rock sugar, not knowing it was already sweetened. Made it iced, I like the idea behind the tea, but it wasn’t very good. I’ll still give it another chance as I find it tastes of pink lemonade en masse, which I love. Next time, no sugar.

It might be minus thirty, still… But I am onto spring and spring teas. I love this tea cold steeped, enough to have refilled my tin for this spring. It and pink passionfruit are my staple teas to drink at cold at work.