Guava Cadabra

Herbal Tea
Artificial, Guava, Fruity, Tart, Fruit Punch, Mango, Hibiscus, Sweet, Tropical, Peach, Apple, Berries, Sugarcane, Candied Apple, Thick, Floral, Apple Candy
Edit tea info Last updated by pastelstar

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

Oh, Oh It’s Magic

This sweet, tropical fruit blend is seriously magical. Don’t believe us? Just ice yourself a cup and prepare to fall under its spell. First it enchants you with its pretty pink colour. Next it bewitches you with its irresistible aroma of ripe mango and guava. Then you take your first, utterly spellbinding sip. And before you know it…Guava Cabadra! You’ve completely fallen for its magic charms. Tart, sweet, exotic and refreshing, it’s the potion of choice for any sorcerer in the know.

Mango, apple, hibiscus blossoms, elderberries, guava crunchy, mango, rosehips.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This is probably going to mimic the Pink Passion fruit review but it cannot be helped. I admit I have never tried Guava before. That being said my curiosity was perked for David’s Tea’s introduction to the pretty fruit. The dry mix is almost as tropically aromatic as the brew itself. I was blown away.

Now onto the flavor itself. The guava fruit I admit adds a semi-sweet nuance to the rose hued elixir akin to perhaps a kiwi? I can imagine it being a great popsicle if frozen. The next endeavor for the company for a summer treat. A Tea popsicle, purchased for about $3? What do you all think of that? Wow, almost went on a tangent there.

But yeah, I think the tea is grand and I thank David’s for introducing me to another delicious fruit. I think they’ve really pulled me over to the tropical side of the flavor tree with their spring and summer collections. I almost fear (with happy anticipation) what they have planned for the Fall. A return of Mama’s Apple Pie? We can all wish. :) Cheers!

I stopped into David’s tea today while in town. I picked up an iced tea mug and with the purchase of that, I received a free iced tea to drink in it! That was super exciting and I picked Guava Cadabra to try. I’ve really been looking forward to trying this tea even since I saw it in the new tea menu almost 3 months ago! The smell of the dry tea is so tropical and fruity and this definitely comes through when the tea is iced. The flavour initially comes off as quite sour and it mellows into a sweetness near the end of the sip. The colour is also beautiful and very similar to that of strawberry rhubarb parfait. I look forward to drinking this all summer long (in my new mug which I also love

This is a sample from Janelle

Like others have mentioned…the taste of this has a strong resemblance to Pink Passionfruit, but without as much tart. I think I may have oversugared it, which truthfully is a bad habit, but I am leaning towards getting a bag of this soon, and trying more of…definitely iced! If nothing else I’ll have it around for when I’ve run out of Pink Passionfruit.

Guava-To my memory, never had it, so no idea how close to guava this tastes like. But…I think I saw guava at my fruit market…(I love my local fruit market, they always have some very interesting fruits and veggies!) and since I’m going up there on Friday/Saturday to pick up some peaches…(Yay! Peaches are back!lol.) Mind as well get a guava.

I think I need to adjust my rating for this tea. It is just not a tea that I am as crazy about as I once was! I find it is really good with a light brew, but too much and the flavour gets overpowering and not in a good way. In good news, I brewed some up last night and, with just a bit of tea bits to steep for the night, the result is a nice, light, fruity blend.

Cold is the way to go. Icing it allows the fruitiness of the tea to come through in a more pronounced fashion. I personally had a hard time distinguishing this as “guava” though my dad tried it and thought the flavor was there. There’s a bit of tartness from the apple and hibiscus but it’s a true hint; generally this is a very refreshing fruit tea that is neither sweet nor tart. I don’t know that I’d buy more any time soon (I still have to try all their other teas, for one thing), but I wouldn’t object to having a cup of this.

H’ooooooh mah gawd.

Let me start off by saying I am still on my massively multisteeping organic and iced tea kick (MMSOITK), and this hit all the right spots. In the correct order.

Didn’t even bother trying it hot like I usually do. Nope. This beauty went straight on ice. And here’s the truth: its tart. Not too sour but tart. Its not overly sweet on its own, so if you want that extra bit of balance to it or its too tart solo, grab the agave (incidentally I’m also hooked on coconut agave). Myself, I put a buttload of agave in there, and it came out lovely. Fair warning, I say it goes well iced for a reason – dilution. This tea’s got a preeeetty strong flavour. Combine it with tartness and its a lot better in a pitcher than a steaming mug (though now that I think of it, it’d probably be soothing hot with honey..).

Owlie’s verdict: If you’re skeptical, try it as a tea to go – iced. If you’re adventurous, definitely go for it.

Great flavor on this one. The Guava is one of the most unique flavors I have tired in a tea. Its perfect hot or cold. It is expensive compared to some of the other types but It is very good.

Boiling 8 min or more

I couldn’t finish the cup I made. Such a gross, strong artificial taste.

Flavors: Artificial

Ok, I am done reviewing all the teas I’ve tried in the past before finding out about this awesome site. So I open a pack of this tea and I LOVE the smell-so fruity. I also love it iced.

WOW! First steep: strong fruity, sweet (didn’t turn sour even when boiling!). Does taste like a mash of all of those fruits – guava and other tropicals + apple.

Second steep: fruity water, moderate.

I bet this could go for a third if set on a 30 min boil…

Flavors: Guava