Guava Cadabra

Herbal Tea
Candied Apple, Thick, Apple, Guava, Hibiscus, Mango, Apple Candy
Edit tea info Last updated by pastelstar

2 Images

• “Mmm! This is a cold brew; somewhere right around 24 hours give or take a few in either direction. And _man_ is this a cold brew done right! Seriously; this is so refreshing and thick and juicy...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1811 tasting notes
  • “This is one of the teas I picked up during the weekend sale. I dumped all 16g into my 2 litre jug and let it cold steep overnight. And my, did it EVER get strong overnight. The liquor was a dark...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 757 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown!! (218) I dumped the whole sample I bought yesterday in a water bottle and let it steep for 16 hours and is this ever sweet. I definitely get the guava and apple is also present. Mango...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1881 tasting notes
  • “This tea is yum! I do like guava and its funky pear/strawberry/kiwi like flavor - and the guava flavor comes out in this tea quite nicely. Guava Cadabra is exotic, sweet and fun - a nice iced tea!...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 1035 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Oh, Oh It’s Magic

This sweet, tropical fruit blend is seriously magical. Don’t believe us? Just ice yourself a cup and prepare to fall under its spell. First it enchants you with its pretty pink colour. Next it bewitches you with its irresistible aroma of ripe mango and guava. Then you take your first, utterly spellbinding sip. And before you know it…Guava Cabadra! You’ve completely fallen for its magic charms. Tart, sweet, exotic and refreshing, it’s the potion of choice for any sorcerer in the know.

Mango, apple, hibiscus blossoms, elderberries, guava crunchy, mango, rosehips.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This is probably going to mimic the Pink Passion fruit review but it cannot be helped. I admit I have never tried Guava before. That being said my curiosity was perked for David’s Tea’s introduction to the pretty fruit. The dry mix is almost as tropically aromatic as the brew itself. I was blown away.

Now onto the flavor itself. The guava fruit I admit adds a semi-sweet nuance to the rose hued elixir akin to perhaps a kiwi? I can imagine it being a great popsicle if frozen. The next endeavor for the company for a summer treat. A Tea popsicle, purchased for about $3? What do you all think of that? Wow, almost went on a tangent there.

But yeah, I think the tea is grand and I thank David’s for introducing me to another delicious fruit. I think they’ve really pulled me over to the tropical side of the flavor tree with their spring and summer collections. I almost fear (with happy anticipation) what they have planned for the Fall. A return of Mama’s Apple Pie? We can all wish. :) Cheers!

I stopped into David’s tea today while in town. I picked up an iced tea mug and with the purchase of that, I received a free iced tea to drink in it! That was super exciting and I picked Guava Cadabra to try. I’ve really been looking forward to trying this tea even since I saw it in the new tea menu almost 3 months ago! The smell of the dry tea is so tropical and fruity and this definitely comes through when the tea is iced. The flavour initially comes off as quite sour and it mellows into a sweetness near the end of the sip. The colour is also beautiful and very similar to that of strawberry rhubarb parfait. I look forward to drinking this all summer long (in my new mug which I also love <3)! I definitely recommend this one iced and look forward to trying it warm as well.

This is a sample from Janelle

Like others have mentioned…the taste of this has a strong resemblance to Pink Passionfruit, but without as much tart. I think I may have oversugared it, which truthfully is a bad habit, but I am leaning towards getting a bag of this soon, and trying more of…definitely iced! If nothing else I’ll have it around for when I’ve run out of Pink Passionfruit.

Guava-To my memory, never had it, so no idea how close to guava this tastes like. But…I think I saw guava at my fruit market…(I love my local fruit market, they always have some very interesting fruits and veggies!) and since I’m going up there on Friday/Saturday to pick up some peaches…(Yay! Peaches are back!lol.) Mind as well get a guava.

Having definitely broken down and acquired much of this tea, I can not say I am feeling in the least bit guilty! It has definitely become one of my absolute favourites, I loved to take it to work iced in my Timolino. The tea is sweet and fruity, but not too sweet. Even better, it can handle a long brewing time without anything awful happening. This is definitely one of my better tea aquisitions!!

Cold is the way to go. Icing it allows the fruitiness of the tea to come through in a more pronounced fashion. I personally had a hard time distinguishing this as “guava” though my dad tried it and thought the flavor was there. There’s a bit of tartness from the apple and hibiscus but it’s a true hint; generally this is a very refreshing fruit tea that is neither sweet nor tart. I don’t know that I’d buy more any time soon (I still have to try all their other teas, for one thing), but I wouldn’t object to having a cup of this.

H’ooooooh mah gawd.

Let me start off by saying I am still on my massively multisteeping organic and iced tea kick (MMSOITK), and this hit all the right spots. In the correct order.

Didn’t even bother trying it hot like I usually do. Nope. This beauty went straight on ice. And here’s the truth: its tart. Not too sour but tart. Its not overly sweet on its own, so if you want that extra bit of balance to it or its too tart solo, grab the agave (incidentally I’m also hooked on coconut agave). Myself, I put a buttload of agave in there, and it came out lovely. Fair warning, I say it goes well iced for a reason – dilution. This tea’s got a preeeetty strong flavour. Combine it with tartness and its a lot better in a pitcher than a steaming mug (though now that I think of it, it’d probably be soothing hot with honey..).

Owlie’s verdict: If you’re skeptical, try it as a tea to go – iced. If you’re adventurous, definitely go for it.

Absolutely love this tea! It is my go-to in the summer for iced-tea, and my family and friends can’t get enough of it. I leave the tea steeping in the water for hours to give it a strong taste. I don’t like a lot of sugar in my teas, and you don’t have to add any to this tea! I also have mixed this in with some homemade lemonade for a little something different.
The tea is also great hot for those days you feel like a warm cup of fruity tea.

Holy mackerel, is this another amazing tea from DAVIDs this summer. I grabbed 20g and it was gone in a flash… 4 tsp in 12 oz. boiling water, steeped three to five minutes, poured over ice… it’s pure heaven in a glass. Went to go grab a ton more yesterday with my 15% off, and they’re temporarily (yay, it’s coming back!) sold out. Oh, and leave it unsweetened… it’s freakishly sweet as-is.

Flavors: Candied Apple, Thick

Iced 5 min, 0 sec 4 tsp 32 OZ / 946 ML
TeaBrat

guava, sounds delish!

Best as an iced tea, don’t waste your tea trying to sip this hot. It is definitely a strong fruity and tart iced tea. Have tried cold and hot brewing alike but find that since the tea is so strong a quick hot brew over ice does the trick. I love the guava and mango backed by a hibiscus tang. Great summer tea!

Flavors: Apple, Guava, Hibiscus, Mango

T&C TTB Rd2

I’ve had a serious desire for tropical teas lately and this one totally fits that bill…it’s fruity and purple with hibiscus – although I know some of you heathens don’t like that sort of thing – and it takes to sweetener well.

This cup was tasty hot and cold, so I’d gladly buy more to restock once I pass on the TTB.