Guava Cadabra

Herbal Tea
Fruit Punch, Fruity, Guava, Mango, Hibiscus, Sweet, Tropical, Peach, Apple, Tart, Berries, Sugarcane, Candied Apple, Thick, Floral, Apple Candy
Edit tea info Last updated by pastelstar

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

Oh, Oh It’s Magic

This sweet, tropical fruit blend is seriously magical. Don’t believe us? Just ice yourself a cup and prepare to fall under its spell. First it enchants you with its pretty pink colour. Next it bewitches you with its irresistible aroma of ripe mango and guava. Then you take your first, utterly spellbinding sip. And before you know it…Guava Cabadra! You’ve completely fallen for its magic charms. Tart, sweet, exotic and refreshing, it’s the potion of choice for any sorcerer in the know.

Mango, apple, hibiscus blossoms, elderberries, guava crunchy, mango, rosehips.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This is probably going to mimic the Pink Passion fruit review but it cannot be helped. I admit I have never tried Guava before. That being said my curiosity was perked for David’s Tea’s introduction to the pretty fruit. The dry mix is almost as tropically aromatic as the brew itself. I was blown away.

Now onto the flavor itself. The guava fruit I admit adds a semi-sweet nuance to the rose hued elixir akin to perhaps a kiwi? I can imagine it being a great popsicle if frozen. The next endeavor for the company for a summer treat. A Tea popsicle, purchased for about $3? What do you all think of that? Wow, almost went on a tangent there.

But yeah, I think the tea is grand and I thank David’s for introducing me to another delicious fruit. I think they’ve really pulled me over to the tropical side of the flavor tree with their spring and summer collections. I almost fear (with happy anticipation) what they have planned for the Fall. A return of Mama’s Apple Pie? We can all wish. :) Cheers!

I stopped into David’s tea today while in town. I picked up an iced tea mug and with the purchase of that, I received a free iced tea to drink in it! That was super exciting and I picked Guava Cadabra to try. I’ve really been looking forward to trying this tea even since I saw it in the new tea menu almost 3 months ago! The smell of the dry tea is so tropical and fruity and this definitely comes through when the tea is iced. The flavour initially comes off as quite sour and it mellows into a sweetness near the end of the sip. The colour is also beautiful and very similar to that of strawberry rhubarb parfait. I look forward to drinking this all summer long (in my new mug which I also love

This is a sample from Janelle

Like others have mentioned…the taste of this has a strong resemblance to Pink Passionfruit, but without as much tart. I think I may have oversugared it, which truthfully is a bad habit, but I am leaning towards getting a bag of this soon, and trying more of…definitely iced! If nothing else I’ll have it around for when I’ve run out of Pink Passionfruit.

Guava-To my memory, never had it, so no idea how close to guava this tastes like. But…I think I saw guava at my fruit market…(I love my local fruit market, they always have some very interesting fruits and veggies!) and since I’m going up there on Friday/Saturday to pick up some peaches…(Yay! Peaches are back!lol.) Mind as well get a guava.

I think I need to adjust my rating for this tea. It is just not a tea that I am as crazy about as I once was! I find it is really good with a light brew, but too much and the flavour gets overpowering and not in a good way. In good news, I brewed some up last night and, with just a bit of tea bits to steep for the night, the result is a nice, light, fruity blend.

Cold is the way to go. Icing it allows the fruitiness of the tea to come through in a more pronounced fashion. I personally had a hard time distinguishing this as “guava” though my dad tried it and thought the flavor was there. There’s a bit of tartness from the apple and hibiscus but it’s a true hint; generally this is a very refreshing fruit tea that is neither sweet nor tart. I don’t know that I’d buy more any time soon (I still have to try all their other teas, for one thing), but I wouldn’t object to having a cup of this.

H’ooooooh mah gawd.

Let me start off by saying I am still on my massively multisteeping organic and iced tea kick (MMSOITK), and this hit all the right spots. In the correct order.

Didn’t even bother trying it hot like I usually do. Nope. This beauty went straight on ice. And here’s the truth: its tart. Not too sour but tart. Its not overly sweet on its own, so if you want that extra bit of balance to it or its too tart solo, grab the agave (incidentally I’m also hooked on coconut agave). Myself, I put a buttload of agave in there, and it came out lovely. Fair warning, I say it goes well iced for a reason – dilution. This tea’s got a preeeetty strong flavour. Combine it with tartness and its a lot better in a pitcher than a steaming mug (though now that I think of it, it’d probably be soothing hot with honey..).

Owlie’s verdict: If you’re skeptical, try it as a tea to go – iced. If you’re adventurous, definitely go for it.

Wait.. This wasn’t a capri sun? I loved this tea so much. I made this in my ice tea pitcher but steeped it for 30 minutes. No sweetener needed, this tea was so fruity and flavourful. Loved it to the very end.

Flavors: Fruit Punch, Fruity, Guava

Iced 8 min or more 8 tsp

I got this tea in the caffiene free iced tea collection! I love those little tins. They’re the perfect size for sampling! (This is how I discovered my love of coconut ice and hard candy!)
I was really excited when I saw guava cadabra in this collection. I have a friend who had had it and loved it, so I had been meaning to try it for a while. I guess I just forgot about it every time I went in!

I don’t know how I feel about this. It isn’t bad at all. It also isn’t wonderful. I had this tea iced. I really like the flavors of the mango and guava (I have never had guava before this) that come through. The tea brews very strong, which I also enjoy. There is something about it though that makes it seem kind of one-dimensional. It might be due to the sweetness of it? There is just one layer of flavor…I’m not sure how to describe it. It seems as though others understand though, a few other reviewers have said similar things.

So would I drink this again? Yes. Will I buy it to keep in my cupboard? No.
Its not bad, but there are others that I prefer!

Flavors: Fruity, Guava, Mango

I had this one in my cupboard for quite some time before trying it. I tried it iced. It was pretty good, but I wasn’t blown away by it initially. I went to get a second brew out of the leaves and the scent given off by the leaves was very pleasant and familiar. So, I think I really like this one, but just had to get used to it. It may become a regular in my iced tea rotation. Makes a great iced tea. If you haven’t tried it, you definitely should.

Hmm…this is better than I remember, but still not as perfect as I had hoped. I just brewed this hot and poured over ice as I didn’t have time for a cold brew. There’s a strong, juicy mango flavour, frozen peach notes, and just an overall tropical feel. Definitely very refreshing for a hot day.

Flavors: Fruity, Mango, Peach, Tropical