Guava Cadabra

Herbal Tea
Fruity, Tart, Fruit Punch, Guava, Mango, Hibiscus, Sweet, Tropical, Peach, Apple, Berries, Sugarcane, Candied Apple, Thick, Floral, Apple Candy
Edit tea info Last updated by pastelstar

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

Oh, Oh It’s Magic

This sweet, tropical fruit blend is seriously magical. Don’t believe us? Just ice yourself a cup and prepare to fall under its spell. First it enchants you with its pretty pink colour. Next it bewitches you with its irresistible aroma of ripe mango and guava. Then you take your first, utterly spellbinding sip. And before you know it…Guava Cabadra! You’ve completely fallen for its magic charms. Tart, sweet, exotic and refreshing, it’s the potion of choice for any sorcerer in the know.

Mango, apple, hibiscus blossoms, elderberries, guava crunchy, mango, rosehips.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This is probably going to mimic the Pink Passion fruit review but it cannot be helped. I admit I have never tried Guava before. That being said my curiosity was perked for David’s Tea’s introduction to the pretty fruit. The dry mix is almost as tropically aromatic as the brew itself. I was blown away.

Now onto the flavor itself. The guava fruit I admit adds a semi-sweet nuance to the rose hued elixir akin to perhaps a kiwi? I can imagine it being a great popsicle if frozen. The next endeavor for the company for a summer treat. A Tea popsicle, purchased for about $3? What do you all think of that? Wow, almost went on a tangent there.

But yeah, I think the tea is grand and I thank David’s for introducing me to another delicious fruit. I think they’ve really pulled me over to the tropical side of the flavor tree with their spring and summer collections. I almost fear (with happy anticipation) what they have planned for the Fall. A return of Mama’s Apple Pie? We can all wish. :) Cheers!

I stopped into David’s tea today while in town. I picked up an iced tea mug and with the purchase of that, I received a free iced tea to drink in it! That was super exciting and I picked Guava Cadabra to try. I’ve really been looking forward to trying this tea even since I saw it in the new tea menu almost 3 months ago! The smell of the dry tea is so tropical and fruity and this definitely comes through when the tea is iced. The flavour initially comes off as quite sour and it mellows into a sweetness near the end of the sip. The colour is also beautiful and very similar to that of strawberry rhubarb parfait. I look forward to drinking this all summer long (in my new mug which I also love

This is a sample from Janelle

Like others have mentioned…the taste of this has a strong resemblance to Pink Passionfruit, but without as much tart. I think I may have oversugared it, which truthfully is a bad habit, but I am leaning towards getting a bag of this soon, and trying more of…definitely iced! If nothing else I’ll have it around for when I’ve run out of Pink Passionfruit.

Guava-To my memory, never had it, so no idea how close to guava this tastes like. But…I think I saw guava at my fruit market…(I love my local fruit market, they always have some very interesting fruits and veggies!) and since I’m going up there on Friday/Saturday to pick up some peaches…(Yay! Peaches are back!lol.) Mind as well get a guava.

I think I need to adjust my rating for this tea. It is just not a tea that I am as crazy about as I once was! I find it is really good with a light brew, but too much and the flavour gets overpowering and not in a good way. In good news, I brewed some up last night and, with just a bit of tea bits to steep for the night, the result is a nice, light, fruity blend.

Cold is the way to go. Icing it allows the fruitiness of the tea to come through in a more pronounced fashion. I personally had a hard time distinguishing this as “guava” though my dad tried it and thought the flavor was there. There’s a bit of tartness from the apple and hibiscus but it’s a true hint; generally this is a very refreshing fruit tea that is neither sweet nor tart. I don’t know that I’d buy more any time soon (I still have to try all their other teas, for one thing), but I wouldn’t object to having a cup of this.

H’ooooooh mah gawd.

Let me start off by saying I am still on my massively multisteeping organic and iced tea kick (MMSOITK), and this hit all the right spots. In the correct order.

Didn’t even bother trying it hot like I usually do. Nope. This beauty went straight on ice. And here’s the truth: its tart. Not too sour but tart. Its not overly sweet on its own, so if you want that extra bit of balance to it or its too tart solo, grab the agave (incidentally I’m also hooked on coconut agave). Myself, I put a buttload of agave in there, and it came out lovely. Fair warning, I say it goes well iced for a reason – dilution. This tea’s got a preeeetty strong flavour. Combine it with tartness and its a lot better in a pitcher than a steaming mug (though now that I think of it, it’d probably be soothing hot with honey..).

Owlie’s verdict: If you’re skeptical, try it as a tea to go – iced. If you’re adventurous, definitely go for it.

I was talking to someone on steepster about this tea (can’t remember who). This tea has been around for a while but has never interested me before, but whoever I was talking to said it’s not too tart so I decided to give it a try :).

I bought 25 grams of this tea, and used it in it’s entirety, along with what was left of Nettle Greek Mountain from Steeped Tea in 2L of near boiling water (that’s the second FULL tin of weaker herbal teas I’ve used up by mixing it in with fruit teas :) ). I steeped it for 6min, pulled the filter out, poured myself a half glass and popped that in the freezer to cool down quickly. It was cold enough for my liking within 45min – the rest of the pitcher is still fairly hot in the fridge :).

Overall the tea is only slightly tart with a nice fruity taste (mango with what I assume to be guava?). Not bad, especially for a hibiscus tea. I may purchase again, but with the exception of an order I made today to DAVID’s (which was mostly for another iced tea pitcher- i only bought 150 grams total of ONLY fruit teas!) I’ve decided to take a break from buying for DAVID’s teas to try different kinds (I’m thinking of trying different bagged fruit teas to cut my spending down (I’ve bought hundreds of dollars in loose leaf teas over the last 2 months…yikes)).

Flavors: Fruity, Tart

Iced 6 min, 0 sec 26 g 68 OZ / 2000 ML

Gah the heat just won’t let up here and I’m going through what feels like a pitcher of iced tea every day.

The colour of the tea is a vivid pink, not unlike some types of guava, though the ones that you can get in the grocery store around here are all the white-fleshed kind (and pretty bland). I’ve actually eaten fresh, ripe guavas when I was in Belize so I know what they’re supposed to taste like and this is actually a fair approximation, though it’s tarter than it should be and leans a bit more towards green apple notes. I could have done with less hibiscus but other than that it’s good.

Iced

I’ve had this one many times and I hope they will keep selling this one. I used to use sweetener but I’ve stopped recently (all together, not just with this “tea”) and it doesn’t need it either xD I’ve only had this iced using the cold-steep method.

Wait.. This wasn’t a capri sun? I loved this tea so much. I made this in my ice tea pitcher but steeped it for 30 minutes. No sweetener needed, this tea was so fruity and flavourful. Loved it to the very end.

Flavors: Fruit Punch, Fruity, Guava