Guava Cadabra

Herbal Tea
Mango, Pineapple, Sweet, Tropical, Artificial, Guava, Fruity, Tart, Fruit Punch, Hibiscus, Peach, Apple, Berries, Sugarcane, Candied Apple, Thick, Floral, Apple Candy
Edit tea info Last updated by pastelstar

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

Oh, Oh It’s Magic

This sweet, tropical fruit blend is seriously magical. Don’t believe us? Just ice yourself a cup and prepare to fall under its spell. First it enchants you with its pretty pink colour. Next it bewitches you with its irresistible aroma of ripe mango and guava. Then you take your first, utterly spellbinding sip. And before you know it…Guava Cabadra! You’ve completely fallen for its magic charms. Tart, sweet, exotic and refreshing, it’s the potion of choice for any sorcerer in the know.

Mango, apple, hibiscus blossoms, elderberries, guava crunchy, mango, rosehips.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

WOW! First steep: strong fruity, sweet (didn’t turn sour even when boiling!). Does taste like a mash of all of those fruits – guava and other tropicals + apple.

Second steep: fruity water, moderate.

I bet this could go for a third if set on a 30 min boil…

Flavors: Guava

Boiling 6 min, 15 sec 3 tsp 9 OZ / 266 ML

I was talking to someone on steepster about this tea (can’t remember who). This tea has been around for a while but has never interested me before, but whoever I was talking to said it’s not too tart so I decided to give it a try :).

I bought 25 grams of this tea, and used it in it’s entirety, along with what was left of Nettle Greek Mountain from Steeped Tea in 2L of near boiling water (that’s the second FULL tin of weaker herbal teas I’ve used up by mixing it in with fruit teas :) ). I steeped it for 6min, pulled the filter out, poured myself a half glass and popped that in the freezer to cool down quickly. It was cold enough for my liking within 45min – the rest of the pitcher is still fairly hot in the fridge :).

Overall the tea is only slightly tart with a nice fruity taste (mango with what I assume to be guava?). Not bad, especially for a hibiscus tea. I may purchase again, but with the exception of an order I made today to DAVID’s (which was mostly for another iced tea pitcher- i only bought 150 grams total of ONLY fruit teas!) I’ve decided to take a break from buying for DAVID’s teas to try different kinds (I’m thinking of trying different bagged fruit teas to cut my spending down (I’ve bought hundreds of dollars in loose leaf teas over the last 2 months…yikes)).

Flavors: Fruity, Tart

Iced 6 min, 0 sec 26 g 68 OZ / 2000 ML

Gah the heat just won’t let up here and I’m going through what feels like a pitcher of iced tea every day.

The colour of the tea is a vivid pink, not unlike some types of guava, though the ones that you can get in the grocery store around here are all the white-fleshed kind (and pretty bland). I’ve actually eaten fresh, ripe guavas when I was in Belize so I know what they’re supposed to taste like and this is actually a fair approximation, though it’s tarter than it should be and leans a bit more towards green apple notes. I could have done with less hibiscus but other than that it’s good.

Iced

I’ve had this one many times and I hope they will keep selling this one. I used to use sweetener but I’ve stopped recently (all together, not just with this “tea”) and it doesn’t need it either xD I’ve only had this iced using the cold-steep method.

Wait.. This wasn’t a capri sun? I loved this tea so much. I made this in my ice tea pitcher but steeped it for 30 minutes. No sweetener needed, this tea was so fruity and flavourful. Loved it to the very end.

Flavors: Fruit Punch, Fruity, Guava

Iced 8 min or more 8 tsp

Guava Gadabra + Melon Drop

I steeped this combo in my travel mug this morning to enjoy over ice at the office. I let it steep for a good 2+ hours while I was commuting and completing a few of my morning tasks at work.

Fruity, sweet, tropical, juicy…delicious.

TheKesser

This sounds amazing!

apieceofquiche

Truth be told, it made my morning.

I got this tea in the caffiene free iced tea collection! I love those little tins. They’re the perfect size for sampling! (This is how I discovered my love of coconut ice and hard candy!)
I was really excited when I saw guava cadabra in this collection. I have a friend who had had it and loved it, so I had been meaning to try it for a while. I guess I just forgot about it every time I went in!

I don’t know how I feel about this. It isn’t bad at all. It also isn’t wonderful. I had this tea iced. I really like the flavors of the mango and guava (I have never had guava before this) that come through. The tea brews very strong, which I also enjoy. There is something about it though that makes it seem kind of one-dimensional. It might be due to the sweetness of it? There is just one layer of flavor…I’m not sure how to describe it. It seems as though others understand though, a few other reviewers have said similar things.

So would I drink this again? Yes. Will I buy it to keep in my cupboard? No.
Its not bad, but there are others that I prefer!

Flavors: Fruity, Guava, Mango

I had this one in my cupboard for quite some time before trying it. I tried it iced. It was pretty good, but I wasn’t blown away by it initially. I went to get a second brew out of the leaves and the scent given off by the leaves was very pleasant and familiar. So, I think I really like this one, but just had to get used to it. It may become a regular in my iced tea rotation. Makes a great iced tea. If you haven’t tried it, you definitely should.

Hmm…this is better than I remember, but still not as perfect as I had hoped. I just brewed this hot and poured over ice as I didn’t have time for a cold brew. There’s a strong, juicy mango flavour, frozen peach notes, and just an overall tropical feel. Definitely very refreshing for a hot day.

Flavors: Fruity, Mango, Peach, Tropical

Iced 4 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 8 OZ / 250 ML

I made an iced tea out of this one, but honestly, the hibiscus really ruins this one for me. I ended up not finishing my iced tea.

So, I gave this one to my mom. She doesn’t mind hibiscus, so hopefully she’ll enjoy.