Guava Cadabra

Herbal Tea
Apple, Guava, Mango, Sweet, Tart, Tropical, Berries, Hibiscus, Sugarcane, Fruity, Candied Apple, Thick, Floral, Apple Candy
Edit tea info Last updated by pastelstar

2 Images

• “Mmm! This is a cold brew; somewhere right around 24 hours give or take a few in either direction. And _man_ is this a cold brew done right! Seriously; this is so refreshing and thick and juicy...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 2282 tasting notes
  • “This is one of the teas I picked up during the weekend sale. I dumped all 16g into my 2 litre jug and let it cold steep overnight. And my, did it EVER get strong overnight. The liquor was a dark...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 937 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown!! (218) I dumped the whole sample I bought yesterday in a water bottle and let it steep for 16 hours and is this ever sweet. I definitely get the guava and apple is also present. Mango...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2087 tasting notes
  • “This tea is yum! I do like guava and its funky pear/strawberry/kiwi like flavor - and the guava flavor comes out in this tea quite nicely. Guava Cadabra is exotic, sweet and fun - a nice iced tea!...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 1075 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Oh, Oh It’s Magic

This sweet, tropical fruit blend is seriously magical. Don’t believe us? Just ice yourself a cup and prepare to fall under its spell. First it enchants you with its pretty pink colour. Next it bewitches you with its irresistible aroma of ripe mango and guava. Then you take your first, utterly spellbinding sip. And before you know it…Guava Cabadra! You’ve completely fallen for its magic charms. Tart, sweet, exotic and refreshing, it’s the potion of choice for any sorcerer in the know.

Mango, apple, hibiscus blossoms, elderberries, guava crunchy, mango, rosehips.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Absolutely love this tea! It is my go-to in the summer for iced-tea, and my family and friends can’t get enough of it. I leave the tea steeping in the water for hours to give it a strong taste. I don’t like a lot of sugar in my teas, and you don’t have to add any to this tea! I also have mixed this in with some homemade lemonade for a little something different.
The tea is also great hot for those days you feel like a warm cup of fruity tea.

Holy mackerel, is this another amazing tea from DAVIDs this summer. I grabbed 20g and it was gone in a flash… 4 tsp in 12 oz. boiling water, steeped three to five minutes, poured over ice… it’s pure heaven in a glass. Went to go grab a ton more yesterday with my 15% off, and they’re temporarily (yay, it’s coming back!) sold out. Oh, and leave it unsweetened… it’s freakishly sweet as-is.

Flavors: Candied Apple, Thick

Iced 5 min, 0 sec 4 tsp 32 OZ / 946 ML
TeaBrat

guava, sounds delish!

Best as an iced tea, don’t waste your tea trying to sip this hot. It is definitely a strong fruity and tart iced tea. Have tried cold and hot brewing alike but find that since the tea is so strong a quick hot brew over ice does the trick. I love the guava and mango backed by a hibiscus tang. Great summer tea!

Flavors: Apple, Guava, Hibiscus, Mango

T&C TTB Rd2

I’ve had a serious desire for tropical teas lately and this one totally fits that bill…it’s fruity and purple with hibiscus – although I know some of you heathens don’t like that sort of thing – and it takes to sweetener well.

This cup was tasty hot and cold, so I’d gladly buy more to restock once I pass on the TTB.

After having the wild colored guava in Hawai’i I had to try this. It would be kinda cool if that pink color would stay so you could see it in the dry pieces. The water is a lovely royal red. My first sip in the first 4 mins was better then the second at 7ish mins. I fear this tea is somewhat ruined by tye hibiscus. I’m going to try to dig it out for the next cup. Minus the hibiscus it’s a lovely tea. I knew I’d like it the moment i opened the bag and smelled guava.

On a side note, I am drinking this while enjoying a Godiva cake truffle chocolate flight. So nummy.

8 min or more 1 tsp

Now this is more like it, Davids Tea. This is a tisane I can get behind. Many chunks of fruit? Check. Pretty pink brew? Check. Bright fruity flavor? Check. It reminds me of a fruit punch fruit snack in the best possible way. Not surprisingly, it has a strong guava profile (strong enough to handle the hibiscus and the rose hips) with some apple detail. Mmm mmm good. Thank you Virginia for introducing me to so many great fruity tisanes that I NEED for the summer :-).

Flavors: Apple, Guava, Hibiscus

carol who

Great name!

Backlog from last night:

I made this iced in my iced-tea pitcher, but I think I may have added too much water, as the resultant brew needs a lot of sweetener to avoid tasting weak. However, it’s a lovely rosy shade of pink. It tastes quite tart, and the smell is lovely and juicy. I just wish I hadn’t been so generous with the water and the ice. I guess I’ll have to add a lot of sugar to bring it up to snuff.

Oh, also, this is a sipdown, since I just used a sample pack to make the pitcher.

This is one that I didn’t pick up (and wouldn’t have, just because it is so heavy) but the beau has it at work from one of his co-workers and has been adamant that I try it. It’s been sitting on the table for a couple weeks so I finally thought to bring it with me to work and try it out. It is jam packed with what look like fruit pieces and smells yummy, almost like fuzzy peaches (the candy). Sweet, with a hint of tart.

I don’t know much (or anything) about guava so this is a bit of a shot in the dark but the taste is interesting and not quite like other fruit based herbals I’ve had. I honestly expected it to taste of bubble gum as I seem to find many of Davids blends in the last couple years to be bubble gum-y. Instead it reminds me of hot cider but more tart. Maybe hot cider with cranberry or another tart addition. It doesn’t seem to meld together as perfectly as cider, it’s more of a 1-sweet, 2-tart punch. Hot, it’s pretty darn enjoyable. As it gradually cools the flavours come together better and seem more cohesive. It doesn’t taste like hot juice but it is quite sweet.

I’m liking this more at warm than hot, and if I were an iced tea person, I imagine it would be best that way. As it is, this was pretty nice. Not necessarily guava (I get a lot of apple and mango with a bit of rose hips) but quite nice. No bubble gum either, which is awesome.

For Mother’s Day I decided I would get my mom an iced tea pitcher from David’s (one of their new ones they released as part of their “summer collection of stuff”), and 5 of the pitcher packs. I had decided on 4 of the 5, and was flip-flopping between two others for the fifth. I decided the only way to decide on #5 would be to order a cup of this iced to try, and then decide if it’s good enough for a jug.

And holy sweet jeebus. This tea steeps up to be DARK RED. Almost blood red. This made me nervous…I was expecting a giant cup of hibiscus. I actually almost would have thought they made me the wrong tea if I didn’t see the scoops go into the steeper myself. Guava is a light pink or even white! Not dark red! Oh, boy…what did I get myself into?!

The taste? Heaven. Not quite guava. I’m obsessed with guava. I probably eat 4 or 5 guavas a day when I’m in tropical countries where they actually grow. I also drink guava juice (as in, take a guava and put it in a blender with water and drink what comes out) on a regular basis. I. Love. Guava. This had the hints of the fruit, and at the point? That makes me happy. I’ve tried dried guava before and it was an abomination of fruit (yuck). This tea is…tasty. I really like it. I would definitely drink it again. We’ll have to wait and see what my mom’s opinion is. Sometimes we have the same taste in tea, other times…not so much. lol.

Verdict: would definitely buy some of this for myself!

I love brewing this fruity tea with hot water and then chilling it over ice. It is light and refreshing and perfect for summer. Sweeten with honey or agave and the fruity tones of mango and guava are really accentuated. It brews a deep pink tone making it super summery. Definitely one of my favorite iced teas!