Guava Cadabra

Herbal Tea
Apple, Guava, Hibiscus, Mango
Edit tea info Last updated by pastelstar

2 Images

• “Mmm! This is a cold brew; somewhere right around 24 hours give or take a few in either direction. And _man_ is this a cold brew done right! Seriously; this is so refreshing and thick and juicy...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1713 tasting notes
  • “This is one of the teas I picked up during the weekend sale. I dumped all 16g into my 2 litre jug and let it cold steep overnight. And my, did it EVER get strong overnight. The liquor was a dark...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 757 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown!! (218) I dumped the whole sample I bought yesterday in a water bottle and let it steep for 16 hours and is this ever sweet. I definitely get the guava and apple is also present. Mango...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1848 tasting notes
  • “This tea is yum! I do like guava and its funky pear/strawberry/kiwi like flavor - and the guava flavor comes out in this tea quite nicely. Guava Cadabra is exotic, sweet and fun - a nice iced tea!...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 1018 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Oh, Oh It’s Magic

This sweet, tropical fruit blend is seriously magical. Don’t believe us? Just ice yourself a cup and prepare to fall under its spell. First it enchants you with its pretty pink colour. Next it bewitches you with its irresistible aroma of ripe mango and guava. Then you take your first, utterly spellbinding sip. And before you know it…Guava Cabadra! You’ve completely fallen for its magic charms. Tart, sweet, exotic and refreshing, it’s the potion of choice for any sorcerer in the know.

Mango, apple, hibiscus blossoms, elderberries, guava crunchy, mango, rosehips.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Backlog from last night:

I made this iced in my iced-tea pitcher, but I think I may have added too much water, as the resultant brew needs a lot of sweetener to avoid tasting weak. However, it’s a lovely rosy shade of pink. It tastes quite tart, and the smell is lovely and juicy. I just wish I hadn’t been so generous with the water and the ice. I guess I’ll have to add a lot of sugar to bring it up to snuff.

Oh, also, this is a sipdown, since I just used a sample pack to make the pitcher.

This is one that I didn’t pick up (and wouldn’t have, just because it is so heavy) but the beau has it at work from one of his co-workers and has been adamant that I try it. It’s been sitting on the table for a couple weeks so I finally thought to bring it with me to work and try it out. It is jam packed with what look like fruit pieces and smells yummy, almost like fuzzy peaches (the candy). Sweet, with a hint of tart.

I don’t know much (or anything) about guava so this is a bit of a shot in the dark but the taste is interesting and not quite like other fruit based herbals I’ve had. I honestly expected it to taste of bubble gum as I seem to find many of Davids blends in the last couple years to be bubble gum-y. Instead it reminds me of hot cider but more tart. Maybe hot cider with cranberry or another tart addition. It doesn’t seem to meld together as perfectly as cider, it’s more of a 1-sweet, 2-tart punch. Hot, it’s pretty darn enjoyable. As it gradually cools the flavours come together better and seem more cohesive. It doesn’t taste like hot juice but it is quite sweet.

I’m liking this more at warm than hot, and if I were an iced tea person, I imagine it would be best that way. As it is, this was pretty nice. Not necessarily guava (I get a lot of apple and mango with a bit of rose hips) but quite nice. No bubble gum either, which is awesome.

For Mother’s Day I decided I would get my mom an iced tea pitcher from David’s (one of their new ones they released as part of their “summer collection of stuff”), and 5 of the pitcher packs. I had decided on 4 of the 5, and was flip-flopping between two others for the fifth. I decided the only way to decide on #5 would be to order a cup of this iced to try, and then decide if it’s good enough for a jug.

And holy sweet jeebus. This tea steeps up to be DARK RED. Almost blood red. This made me nervous…I was expecting a giant cup of hibiscus. I actually almost would have thought they made me the wrong tea if I didn’t see the scoops go into the steeper myself. Guava is a light pink or even white! Not dark red! Oh, boy…what did I get myself into?!

The taste? Heaven. Not quite guava. I’m obsessed with guava. I probably eat 4 or 5 guavas a day when I’m in tropical countries where they actually grow. I also drink guava juice (as in, take a guava and put it in a blender with water and drink what comes out) on a regular basis. I. Love. Guava. This had the hints of the fruit, and at the point? That makes me happy. I’ve tried dried guava before and it was an abomination of fruit (yuck). This tea is…tasty. I really like it. I would definitely drink it again. We’ll have to wait and see what my mom’s opinion is. Sometimes we have the same taste in tea, other times…not so much. lol.

Verdict: would definitely buy some of this for myself!

I love brewing this fruity tea with hot water and then chilling it over ice. It is light and refreshing and perfect for summer. Sweeten with honey or agave and the fruity tones of mango and guava are really accentuated. It brews a deep pink tone making it super summery. Definitely one of my favorite iced teas!

I am not really a fan of this tea. The scent reminds me of tropical gum, sort of like the Fruit Stripes gum with the zebra on the front from the 90s. However, the after taste is pretty tart. I am not a fan of hibiscus, and it certainly takes over this tea. I like the fruity aspect when you first take a sip, so I might want to try some other fruity teas now. But I will probably not be making this tea again.

Last of the giant jug I made for the weekend and it is so yummy. It’s really hitting the spot today after I woke up from a five hour nap. Arg, self, get it together and stop sleeping so much!

Light, juicy, and refreshing. Rethinking my decision to put it in the sipdown pile.

I got a tiny bit of this the last time I was at DAVIDsTEA. I have a terrible habit of ordering teas online thinking I’ll love them, and then not enjoying more than three cups worth of them. So, every time I get to a DAVIDs store … I go a little nuts on samples. This way, I can try the teas I’ve been eyeing without getting too much of one I won’t drink. Guava Cadabra was one such sample.

I used up the entirety of the 0.25oz pouch to make up a big mug of this. I had it hot first, and did a cold brew on the leftover leaves. The first steep was a really dark purple and it tasted like … FRUIT! Non-descript fruit with the guava kind of drying out the sip. Very enjoyable. I’m looking forward to trying my cold brew of this later today.

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Me: Did you try any of the iced tea I made you?
Jon: Yeah, I had some with lunch
Me: aaaaand? what did you think?
Jon: idk, it was good
Me: yeah, but what flavors did you notice?
Jon: hmm, delicious ones?
Me:….
Jon:….
Me:….
Jon:… fruity ones?
Me: Well at least you enjoyed it.

Iced 8 min or more 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML
Cheri

I’ve asked my husband to try teas and gotten similar responses. “It tastes good.” “……”

keychange

Haha mr. keychange is similar! I’ll be like sooo what did you notice?! and he’ll be like ummm, tea? kind of sweet, I guess? hahaha!

Hello.Kiki

well, at least we aren’t alone in the “tea description” predicament with significant others lol

Roswell Strange

Hey may not be my significant other, but Tre is the exact same way!

This tea tasted very tart and turned a lovely shade of pink. I found it enjoyable and would probably try it again. The only thing I don’t really like about this tea is that it is very heavy and 50g only got me about 6 cups of tea.

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 3 OZ / 100 ML