Redberry Tonic

Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple, Berry, Fruity, Hibiscus, Lemon, Red Fruits, Rosehips, Sour, Sweet, Tart, Berries, Fruit Punch, Lemongrass, Lemon Zest, Red Apple
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

Magic elixir
Ladies and gentlemen, step right up and get a taste of our revitalizing, tantalizing, exhilarating, invigorating tonic. Put some zip in your sip with tart and tangy hibiscus, rosehips, lemongrass and immortality-boosting goji berries. But that’s not all! We’ve harnessed the power of the legendary sea buckthorn wonder-berry, prized for centuries in Chinese, Indian and Tibetan medicine. You’ve got to see it to believe it folks, so get your hands on a cup today.

Ingredients: Apple, rosehip, hibiscus, lemongrass, sea buckthorn, goji berries, natural sea buckthorn flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Sipdown!

Made a batch of this flash chilled tonight. Shared it with a friend. It’s SO delicious. Once my Passionfruit is gone, I’m refilling the tin with this!

OM NOM NOM.

OMGsrsly

I think I need more recommendations for non-caffeinated teas I can cold steep or flash chill. Anyone? :)

VariaTEA

I just tried a cold steep of Lemon Chiffon and it turned out really well. I was inspired by Sil. And I have Lime Chiffon cold steeping right now.

MissB

I’ve yet to really venture into cold-steeping, unfortunately, however I’d most definitely try Eucalyptus Grapefruit from HI, or Bamboo Pomelo from Tea Gschwendner.

OMGsrsly

I wasn’t a huge fan of the Della Terra chiffon teas, but I’ll keep them in mind for the next order I do with them. :) I have the eucalyptus grapefruit and it’s so good! I just got a sample tho. I need to do an order. And sadly I can’t do the Bamboo Pomelo due to licorice. :(

OMGsrsly

I do have a couple at Bayswater to try. Maybe I’ll go there first, then plot an HI and Tealux order for my birthday. :) Maybe TeaG as well, since I do like the Kapha.

Cavocorax

Do you do a spreadsheet OMGsrsly? Are you one of us? I just started adding a cold-steep column in so I can track which ones are good cold. That won’t help you now but in the future at least.

How soon is your birthday? If you’re ordering from HI you might want to do it sooner than later as the shipping is still a little slow.

OMGsrsly

I added a column to my spreadsheet! :) Just need to remember to keep it updated. My birthday isn’t till April. I’m pre-planning well in advance. :)

Darn, I haven’t written a note on this one of it by itself yet, and I’ve drank it a few times. This morning, I mixed 1.25 tsps of this with about 1 tsp of guayusa. It’s a Monday, so caffeine is needed..my weekend was not the best, and I feel very tired today. I also tried Grappa for the first time last night, so that might be adding to my not as chipper state this morning lol. Anyways, this tea is quite tasty on its own, tart and juicy, and with the guayusa added it retains those qualities but I guess there’s now the sweet guayusa rainforesty flavor in there. I thought it was weird at first, but it’s actually not bad. Oh, and on a sad note, my tea is barely hot, my timolino’s vacuum seal must be slowly fading..boo. Anyways, this is a nice refreshing beverage this morning. Hopefully I’ll get some energy, although I’ve been having chips and candy for breakfast, so that is maybe helping as well (don’t even ask lol).

keychange

Ugh, feeling exhausted today too. I hope your day picks up for you.

MissLena

Me too! I made some black tea for this afternoon so hopefully it helps too! I feel like the weekends don’t even help me to catch up on sleep anymore :( hpoe your day improves as well! At least we have tea, right?

Haven’t been drinking much tea lately. These antibiotics I’m on have been making me feel nauseated and the thought of anything but water doesn’t sound great.

But this is nice! I cold-steeped a whole jug of this overnight and it’s essentially sea buckthorn Kool-Aid. None of the other notes come out, like the lemongrass or apple, but nevertheless, if you like a mellow berry cocktail, try this out.

And to all the hibiscus h8rs out there, I can barely taste it in here. The berries are definitely the prominent note here. Good job, DAVIDsTEA. Another good herbal.

Anna

Ugh. Horror hibiscusi! And I hope you feel better soon.

Fjellrev

I felt the same way about hibiscus for the longest time, but cold brewing makes it better. :)

And thanks! Just silly side effects.

Amariel

IT was still too tart for me. :( Do you have a good ginger tea for your tummy?

Fjellrev

Aww, too bad the agave didn’t save it for you.

I used to have a ginger tea but it’s long gone. Maybe I’ll pick up more Organic Skinny next time I’m at DT. But good call! Luckily the meds only do that to me in the morning.

Amariel

Do you have Coco Lemon Thai? Also, any chai should help some with the spices.

Fjellrev

I haven’t tried that one but had a feeling I woudn’t care for it. But it’s ok! Because I figured it out. Take the first pill a couple hours after breakfast rather than on an empty stomach first thing in the morning. :)

So in between all the backlogged tasting notes I had a really good evening overall; Big Brother was on so I made a couple different teas and Tre and I watched while eating pie. It’s kinda nice watching with him; we often have late night conversations and sometimes we go out to eat together, but very rarely do we do other stuff together…

Except for Big Brother. That’s kinda become “our thing” or whatever; we watch every episode together and flip shit about the houseguests (we both adore Donny!). The key difference is that I am a hardcore fan and he is a casual fan, so sometimes he says things that make ZERO sense strategically, and I have to playfully remind him that he’s an idiot. But overall it’s fun times. Pie tonight was kinda gross; we bought a Saskatoon Berry pie from a local bakery but there’s no whole fruits in the pie – just this very, very thick Sasktoon Berry sludge. Tre says that means they used too much corn starch or something like that? I don’t know – it tasted good but the consistency was pretty revolting, and hard to get past.

Anyway the tea; I had this set aside for cold brewing but instead I decided to have a hot cup (even though this is not one of those fruit tisanes that says “hot tea”) and cold brew one of the samples in my sample drawer/sipdown drawer instead. And really, it wasn’t so bad actually!

It was like Fuji Apples and berries, and was sorta lemony and is definitely tasted red. As much as any one thing can taste “like a colour”, anyway. I mean, I love this cold brewed and I vaguely recall having this one hot before and not loving it (don’t feel like checking past tasting notes at the moment – I’m just going to trust my memory) but really this was nice! It was totally weird because it was simultaneously tart and not tart, and flavourful but watery, but weird in a really good way.

I don’t know – I feel like that’s how I’m best going to be able to describe it.

Flavors: Berries, Lemon, Red Apple, Red Fruits, Rosehips

Saskatoon berry pie!!!

AughhhhhhhH!!!!! Steepster ate my note. And now I haven’t got time to write another. Grrrrrrrrr.
Here’s the short version:
This is nice, I like it. May buy some more if I can clear out some herbals.
It reminds me of a dragonfruit tea I had from Tealish once. Yum. Very sweet and berry like. Not heavy on the apple which is great, as that is the first ingredient and I am not a huge fan of herbal apple blends.
This was a bit of a hodgepodge steep, as I used half hot and half cold water, since my regular vessel was being used for the oolong, and I was in a rush.
I don’t know what buckthorn tastes like and I’m not seeing any goji notes though. Well, a hint of goji in the middle and aftertaste but I may be imagining that. Who knows.
Oh and one more thing. No artificial ingredients. Wohoo!!

Cavocorax

I might have to try this one too!

Indigobloom

I think you’d like it! great for kids as well :)

Ooh… this is kind of interesting. I can taste the seabuckthorn, and this is pleasantly fruity yet tangy and different. Not just another generic herbal, which is really nice! Probably not a tea I’d keep around, but I’m very happy I picked some up.

Sipdown! (162)

So I am finishing up the small sample of this tea I have. The dry blend is always deceivingly sweet smelling and though there is some sweetness from the apple I find the tartness of the hibiscus takes over the cup. In some teas I do enjoy hibiscus but when I make this I always hope for the sweetness from the dry smell but it never delivers (which is probably why I enjoyed it with the Honeybush Mango tea). Although I enjoy the cup, this definitely won’t be missed.

Another sample from BrewTEAlly Sweet!

I hot steeped this before work but then slapped it in the fridge with some sugar and ice to drink later chilled. It is very drinkable, but reminds me of fruit punch or Kool aid, HA! :)

I cold steeped this one over night last night and had it for lunch today. I have to say this was a really pretty color and was really neat to watch it steep. The color bleeding into the water. The smell reminded me of a citrusy fruit punch. The flavor the same with a touch of tart. I really enjoyed this one. So far DAVIDsTEA has not let me down:D I’m loving having summer as an excuse to make all these iced teas everyday:D I wish the flavors were stronger, but some how I just can not get the hang of steeping in boiling water and then turning it into iced tea. I never get it right. :/ It always tastes funky. Any tips?

caile

Maybe not so helpful as I’m not good at measuring, but what I often do for these fruity ones is brew strong in boiled water (maybe double or triple strength) and if I want a glass then, will pour over ice after 8-10 minutes or so. I then fill the container with cold water for steeping longer in the fridge to have later.

Dexter

If you are finding the flavors not strong enough when you cold steep, but are enjoying them when the tea is hot brewed, I would just hot brew and then let cool. I can never get the correct ratio of leaf to water to ice, when I hot steep and then pour over ice. I just hot brew as normal, then let it cool to room temp on the counter, then put it in the fridge. I will often brew multiple steeps and just dump them together, let it cool, put it in the fridge. I know this doesn’t work if you want iced tea NOW, but it is quicker then cold steeping.
If you are finding the teas lacking when cold steeping, I think you need more leaf. I usually use 1.5 times as much leaf when I cold steep as when I hot brew. If I normally use 1 tsp/cup hot brew, I would use 1.5/cup to cold steep.
I think it depends on the tea. Some teas are AMAZING cold steeped, other I prefer to hot steep and let cool.
This is just how I do it, hope you find some thing that works for you.

BrewTEAlly Sweet

Caile so you brew it stronger then usual and pour it over ice and then you re steep the leaves as a cold brew? did I get that right?
Dexter3567 Thanks that helps alot. I will have to try that and compare the flavors with some of the ones I have already cold steeped. I like the idea of mixing the different brews:) thank you for all the advice:)

caile

Yes, but for fruit tisanes only. I do what Dexter3657 does also, by mixing together several hot steeps brewed normally, letting cool then putting in the fridge.

Dry Leaf Nose: Fruity with a very fresh aroma.

Liquor: Red clear liquor, very bright red.

Flavour: No cloying sweetness here, here just a fresh and fruity sweetness that passes from the palate quickly and leaves the mouth refreshed and wanting more. The sea buckthorn brings its own distinct character which is lively and acidic.