Cocoberry

Black Yerba maté Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “So, am I the only DAVIDsTEA fangirl who rushed off to DT today to look at the new stuff? I even popped online last night to see the new stuff in advance! I ended up trading a brand new perfect mug...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1638 tasting notes
  • “Maybe it's a good thing I waited to have this twice before writing a note because the first time was too much on the mate flavour, for which I don't particularly care. I was a little annoyed in the...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 757 tasting notes
  • “This might be a new record, 12 ingredients AND natural and artificial flavouring. It does include black currants though which I adore so I am giving it the old college try. Initially, the aroma is...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 682 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown #27 I bought this tea for my husband because he really loves coffee but is trying to drink more tea instead. I love trying new things, so even though I was pretty sure a tea with coffee...” Read full tasting note
    CHAroma 509 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Jungle fever
Want to take a walk on the wild side? Try this intriguingly rich black tea. It’s laced with all kinds of delicious jungle treasures, from dark coffee beans and energizing yerba maté to tart hibiscus, fruity mango and super-healthy açaipowder. Plus there’s the sweet, rich taste of lucuma, a delicious Peruvian fruit known as “Gold of the Incas.” Aside from its ancient healing powers and health benefits, lucuma is also an amazing maple-like sweetener that’s naturallylow in sugar. Sweet.

Ingredients: Black Tea, black currant, mango, barberry, coffee bean, juniper berry, hibiscus, roasted yerba mate, lucuma powder, acerola powder, baobab fruit powder, acai powder, coffee flavor, natural strawberry flavor, natural and artificial plum, sugar cane and cherry flavour.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Got a sample of this in a recent order and thought I would give it a shot. My friend is absolutely raving about this tea, thinks it is fantastic, so I wanted to give it a fair shot. I went in knowing I am really not a coffee fan and I am iffy on mate, but intrigued by all that this tea promised. I brewed it up and tossed in a pinch of sugar just to be safe then let it cool a bit… and might have forgotten about it. No worries though, I managed to catch it as close to the perfect drinking temp. I took my first sip and thought okay, this is drinkable. Not my fave by far, but definitely not a bad blend. I am not and never will be a fan of coffee, so I was not destined to love having it in my tea. That being said, the tea was well blended and I think it was an interesting idea, just not for me!

Wow, this is a very “dirty” tea… reminds me of Bamboozled which I really enjoy. Probably from all the powders added to it. The water is a dark amber color.

I can’t tell if it smells more like coffee or berry/cherries. Or maybe chocolate covered cherries. Haha!

Ok first thought on first sip: underwhelming. I would have thought for the amount of ingredients in the tea there would have been a little more substance to it. I’m adding some rock sugar in to see if it brings anything out. I just dumped out a cup of black tea earlier this morning so at least it’s not as bad as that one!

Still not really getting anything. It’s like a watered down fruity coffee, or at least what I’d imagine coffee would morph into in a tea version. I’ll finish the cup, but I probably wouldn’t buy it again. I’ll try this iced next time.

Sipdown (384/367)

Wifey and I decided to go through our stash of tea and put together a sipdown box to get rid of the stuff we never reach for anyway. Then, of course, we wanted to drink ALL THE TEA, so I opted to have the last cup of this hot. She decided to gongfu a lovely Golden Fleece from Verdant. I feel I chose poorly.

This tastes like those cheap truffles you see at Christmas with bad chocolate and too-sweet fruit filling. With some coffee thrown in because why the hell not?

Uuuuugh. This has way, way too much going on and none of it is good.

It smells good, almost like a chocolate covered strawberry, I am new to tea, but I just don’t know…coffee…and fruity….I like both…but together? Eck.

I only had this because I brought the Fall Tea Collection.

Either way it found a new home.

My least favourite David’s Tea so far. I had a sample of it and really did not enjoy it, alas! Coffee beans were a minus for me and the flavour seemed too sweet and artificial like “red-flavored” candy.

This is one of the fall collection teas I was most excited to try. I loved Coffee Pu’erh and thought that the combination of coffee beans and tea could only be improved by chocolate and fruit. Well …

Dry, this tea smells like chocolate covered cherries – mouthwateringly delicious. I added 1.5tsp to my Perfect Mug and brewed it for five minutes, as per the directions on the package. I added sugar to sweeten things up, remembering the odd sour taste I had gotten the first time I tried this tea.

Steeped, this smells like horse feed. I don’t get fruit or coffee at all. The taste isn’t horrible – this is drinkable tea – it’s vaguely fruity and the chocolate/coffee bean mix gives it a dusky quality,
but it leaves an unpleasant, bitter aftertaste in my mouth.

Overall, I’m just not enjoying this one. Looking forward to using up what I have so I can try out some teas from Butiki.

I’m a pretty big fan of DavidsTea. I recently recieved my first order from online, and everything I purchased was great! However, the three sample teas included cocoberry, which was quite unpleasant, to say the least. The smell immediately reminded me of medicine, or Monster energy drinks, which is far from what I look for in a tea! The taste wasn’t quite so strong as the smell, but it certainly lingered. There was nothing particularly pleasant about drinking this tea and it gave me a headache.
That said, if Monster is your thing, you’ll probably enjoy this.

I walked into DAVIDsTEA after school and they were handing out samples of these. The first sip kind of tasted like cough medicine at first but then i could taste a strong mate flavour. Don’t think I will be purchasing this one in the future.

First sip:
I didn’t think this would taste coffeeish more than fruity, but it does. Tastes like a lighter version of coffee puerh.

I put it in to steep for a little longer just to see if more of the fruitiness will come out. After doing so, I can kinda taste the tartness of the hibiscus. But to me it’s just a lighter version of coffee puerh. Which I don’t mind, it’s just not as amazing as it should be with this amount of ingredients

I decided to try this just so say that I did – I am really not a coffee fan, but they were sampling this at my local DT. Thankfully my sample was small enough that only a hint of the coffee flavour came through, but it was enough to wrinkle my nose nonetheless.