Pistachio Cream

Chamomile, Mulberry Leaves, Natural Creme Flavor, Pistacho
Cream, Nuts, Vanilla
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Pyroxy

• “This is a tea with a pretty distinct flavor which means you really need to be in the mood for it to truly enjoy it. When I first went about brewing the cup, I was not really that excited but...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1343 tasting notes
  • “Ok, so tea 3/5 of the new collection! I really like Mulberry Magic, so I thought I would try this out. It smells divine! I'm not a big pistachio nut (ha! see what I did there?) but I do enjoy the...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1393 tasting notes
  • “Almost done my 20g so it's about time that I actually write about this pistachio (near) perfection. I wasn't too crazy about Mulberry Magic. Something about the macadamia in there that didn't work...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 757 tasting notes
  • “I just learned the best feature of my new cheap porcelain teapot - unlike the tetsubin, I can just shove the whole works into the fridge without any worries! This afternoon I pulled out what was...” Read full tasting note
    wheezybee 242 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

A new classic
Our love affair with pistachios goes way back. In fact, archaeologists have unearthed ancient pistachio seeds and crackers almost 800,000 years old. Hey, why mess with a classic? With their sweet, creamy taste and pretty pale green colour, pistachios are definitely one of a kind. And when you blend them with super-healthy mulberry leaves, you get a blend that’s not only decadently delicious – it’s also incredibly good for you. What will they think of next?

Ingredients: Mulberry leaf, pistachios, chamomile, natural cream, macadamia and pistachio flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

A friend of mine picked up a 25g bag of this while we were in the store today. I mentioned being curious to try it and she gave me a little to sample. I accidentally steeped it far too long, and there was actually quite a bit of tea in my filter so I thought the taste would be stronger.. uh, wrong. My first sip I got absolutely nothing, except a very subtle mintyness. So I thought I’d stir in a little agave, and after that I got a bit more of the nuttiness I was hoping for, but it’s still pretty bland. It does smell nice though. I still have about 3/4s of my cup left, I’ll finish it, but I’m quite glad I didn’t purchase any.

VariaTEA

I have never tried Pistachio Cream but I have had Mulberry Magic which many say is comparable to but better than Pistachio Cream. I enjoy that one so maybe test that out if you get a chance?

noyadefleur

Hm, thanks for the suggestion, I’ll look into it!

I don’t like mulberry magic, and I was hesitant in buying this but I didn’t want to be closed-minded so I got 15 grams. Which btw turned out to give me a lot damn more than I thought. This foil bag is almost full honestly.

First sip:
At first impression, I think I like this over mulberry magic. Definitely something I find more nutty and creamy than M.M.
Definitely get the pistachio in this. In M.M I couldn’t taste the macadamia nuts and I love the fact that at least this delivers what it’s described to taste like.

At first, I liked M.M and then started to slowly hate it and I hope that won’t happen with this tea because my 15 g bag of M.M is still sitting in my little corner and I’m going to try to finish it up. Now P.C seems like something I will want to drink once in while and I won’t have too much trouble finishing up this sample.

Not sure if this is a rebuy but i had no trouble finishing my cup by the time I finished writing this.

After a bit of a hiatus, I am back! I am surprised I did not drink a lot of tea during the summer, but that’s alright. So, on to the tea! I received Pistachio Cream as a sample. The dry smell is sweet and just like pistachios. I brewed this according to the instructions. It’s creamy, but a bit weak. It’s probably me wanting a bit more strong about now, but I will happily finish the rest of this cup.

I was so excited to try the Sugar and Spice tea and stock up on Pumpkin Spice that the first day the Fall Collection came out I was in the store making my purchase. Along with these teas I also decided to get a few of the other teas from the collection (aside from Mom’s Apple Pie). I was in a rush, so I didn’t really take the opportunity to do the smell test before making my purchases. While waiting for the bus, I opened up the Pistachio Cream bag to take a whiff – “Yuck!” was all I could think. To me it smelt artificial; sickly sweet. It has since been sitting in my cupboard waiting for the day I braved the taste test.

A full month later, TODAY WAS THE DAY:
I am happy to say it wasn’t a complete waste of money because the steeped version isn’t half bad. I boiled the water and steeped it by instructions. When I first took a sip, the water was still hot so you couldn’t really taste the flavours, but as it cools you can really get the taste of pistachio. It reminds me of the pistachio gelato I had in Italy. Yum. I wonder if it would be good iced with a scoop of vanilla ice cream in it? Hmm.

This smells divine dry.

It definitely tastes creamy but I’m not sure about the other flavors. They mingle a bit oddly and I’m not sure if I like it or not… Will have to try more, and ponder.

This tea smells heavenly! Buttery smell of pistachios and cream. I haven’t yet had a tea with mulberry leaves so I’m at a disadvantage reviewing this cup. I hope to soon taste the other mulberry tea from DT.

This is a very light taste, almost as delicate as a white tea. The color is a little darker than most white teas I’ve tasted. The only way to describe this tea taste is how I described the smell: buttery.

I wonder how this will taste iced…

I love this tea…just creamy and tastes like pistachio, with a hint of tangy due to the mulberry leaves. It smells good when I first start brewing, and it tastes as good as it smells.

I like Mulberry Magic a bit better (must be the macadamia nuts), but this one is good too!

Dry, this smells EXACTLY like pistachio ice cream. Steeped, it loses some of that delicious, creamy scent. The taste of the brewed tea is smooth and sweet, it has a creamy mouthfeel. It doesn’t taste overtly like pistachio ice cream, but it does have a nutty quality to it.

I used my dad’s love of pistachios to get him to try this tea. Success! He actually enjoyed it and agreed to additional tea times with me, provided I get more of this stuff.

This is definitely creamy and smooth however, I can’t say I really enjoyed the actual taste of the tea. I find that sometimes nutty teas can leave a strange aftertaste. I will probably finish the 25g pouch but can’t say that I will rush in to pick up more or even be disappointed if they don’t bring it back next year.