Pistachio Cream

Chamomile, Mulberry Leaves, Natural Creme Flavor, Pistacho
Cream, Nuts, Vanilla
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Pyroxy

• “This is a tea with a pretty distinct flavor which means you really need to be in the mood for it to truly enjoy it. When I first went about brewing the cup, I was not really that excited but...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1343 tasting notes
  • “Ok, so tea 3/5 of the new collection! I really like Mulberry Magic, so I thought I would try this out. It smells divine! I'm not a big pistachio nut (ha! see what I did there?) but I do enjoy the...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1393 tasting notes
  • “Almost done my 20g so it's about time that I actually write about this pistachio (near) perfection. I wasn't too crazy about Mulberry Magic. Something about the macadamia in there that didn't work...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 757 tasting notes
  • “I just learned the best feature of my new cheap porcelain teapot - unlike the tetsubin, I can just shove the whole works into the fridge without any worries! This afternoon I pulled out what was...” Read full tasting note
    wheezybee 242 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

A new classic
Our love affair with pistachios goes way back. In fact, archaeologists have unearthed ancient pistachio seeds and crackers almost 800,000 years old. Hey, why mess with a classic? With their sweet, creamy taste and pretty pale green colour, pistachios are definitely one of a kind. And when you blend them with super-healthy mulberry leaves, you get a blend that’s not only decadently delicious – it’s also incredibly good for you. What will they think of next?

Ingredients: Mulberry leaf, pistachios, chamomile, natural cream, macadamia and pistachio flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This was a random add on to a DavidsTea purchase from a while ago. I’m going through my cupboard and trying more teas I haven’t had in a while. When I opened the package I was surprised by how little of a pistachio/nutty sent there is. When it steeps the mulberry leaves really open up. This is a very mellow tea but I like it when I’m in the mood. I don’t get a lot of the pistachio flavor and you definitely need to like mulberry in order to enjoy this tea.

Today I opened my mailbox to find many new teas to sample courtesy of VariaTEA! Thanks, VaraiTEA!

This is the first that I am trying. This is definitely creamy! I get pistachio more on the aftertaste. It almost tastes like a mint herbal tea if you took out the mint. It has a similar base taste. Adding sugar brings out the pistachio in the aftertaste. This is interesting and I like it, but not enough to buy a huge 1lb closeout bag which is the only size they had on the David’s website. Really glad I got to try it tho since I was so curious.

VariaTEA

I am glad you enjoyed it.

Of course I had to pick this up when I saw it at David’s. I had to know how it compares with my beloved Butiki Pistachio Ice Cream. As it turns out, these two teas, while similar in concept, are radically different in execution.

I should note that this blend does not age particularly well. I bought it on Oct. 15, 2013. I quite liked it, so I kept hoarding it and only finished it on February 28, 2014. That was stupid. The tea completely changed flavor over time (and not for the better). However, I remember my initial impressions quite clearly. My rating is based on those first impressions.

Once upon a time I worked in a different office. On the way to work, there was a diner where I liked to pick up breakfast when I was feeling indulgent. They had the most fantastic pistachio muffins. These muffins tasted like bready marzipan with pistachios and green food dye. Ok, I couldn’t taste the dye. But this tea brews up the exact same color. More importantly, it tastes exactly the same. Pistachio-inflected marzipan. So tasty! Really, really wonderful. But it is to be bought in small quantities and consumed promptly. The most recent brew came out sweet and berry-like, with nary a hint of pistachio. Basically it just tasted like mulberry tea. Meh.

Another sipdown that doesn’t improve my tea count because it never made it onto the list in the first place. Oh, well.

Tea & Cards TTB

Oh gods…this may be my new favourite tea ever. It’s got lovely grassy overtones with a sweet, mellow creaminess layered in after and an-almost nutty savoury note that dances just out of reach.

I’ve no idea how this one is going to taste cool (because I’m going to drink it before it gets that far)…I have a feeling the second steep should hold up fairly well, also, so I’ll be testing that momentarily.

Seriously, though, I just can’t get over how awesome this tea is…this – if nothing else – made the whole TTB worthwhile.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
EvaGrimm

I just finished drinking Lime Gelato (also yummy) and your review is making want to place an order!

Jennkay

Yay! I enjoyed this one as well, and someone recommended Mulberry Magic (I think) as something similar to enjoy.

Pyroxy

It is so, SO good! If you’re on the fence about making an order I’d say go for it – this is my favourite tea I’ve had in months, at least. :)

And I’ll have to try Mulberry Magic – it sounds like something I’d enjoy, judging by the tasting notes…

EvaGrimm

I’ve been contemplating about buying a DavidsTEA Steeper but wanted to order a few teas as well and this sounds delicious! I’ll take a look at Mulberry Magic too. :)

I purchased this tea on a whim. Despite being allergic to tree nuts (mildly to most, quite severely to almonds) I still tough through it and can usually down half of a cup of this before I can’t stand it anymore and am forced by a mild allergy to stop.

You can definitely taste pistachio, cream, mulberry with a hint of chamomile. It is so perfectly balanced! There isn’t one flavour like over powers another, they are equally perfect in the flavour orgy that this tea is! I have only had this hot, but I’ve had it straight, with honey, with agave and as a latte and it seems to be awesome no matter how it is prepared…. If only I can drink more of it!

205 °F / 96 °C 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

Can one find a soul mate in a cup of tea? That’s how I feel about Pistachio Cream. The mulberry taste is very present, but it’s complimented nicely with the cream. You don’t really need milk. I fully recommend it.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 250 ML

very creamy and smooth, subtly nutty flavour. Must steep it for the right time however; too long=bitter and not enough=NO flavour. Got this as a gift from the fall collection, not too crazy about it so I wouldn’t buy it again but there will be no problem finishing the rest of the bag.

Aroma: Dry leaf was very strong, nutty, sweet, with a light hint of chamomile.
Liquor Color: Deep green
Liquor Flavor: Nutty, sweet, creamy. Odd balance of flavors.
Notes: Since I transfer my tea to tins, I had to double check that it was an herbal tea not an oolong. Haha, it does look a lot like an oolong. Anyway, the dry leaf smelled wonderful but when I finally brewed a cup it was good, but not amazing. I was hoping the flavor would match the smell but it didn’t this time. I’ve never had mulberry leaf so I’m guessing that was what I was tasting. It was soothing and nice to drink before bed, but for me, the flavors didn’t seem to mix just right.

I can’t seem to get this tea to taste like anything. I get hints of cream and pistachio but overall this tea is kind of blah.

Great before bed tisane! It is really creamy as the description said. Very nice taste I loved it.