Pistachio Cream

Herbal Tea
Chamomile, Mulberry Leaves, Natural Creme Flavor, Natural Macadamia Flavors, Natural Pistachio Flavors, Pistacho
Cream, Nuts, Vanilla
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

• “This is a tea with a pretty distinct flavor which means you really need to be in the mood for it to truly enjoy it. When I first went about brewing the cup, I was not really that excited but...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2005 tasting notes
  • “Ok, so tea 3/5 of the new collection! I really like Mulberry Magic, so I thought I would try this out. It smells divine! I'm not a big pistachio nut (ha! see what I did there?) but I do enjoy the...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1700 tasting notes
  • “Almost done my 20g so it's about time that I actually write about this pistachio (near) perfection. I wasn't too crazy about Mulberry Magic. Something about the macadamia in there that didn't work...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 848 tasting notes
  • “I just learned the best feature of my new cheap porcelain teapot - unlike the tetsubin, I can just shove the whole works into the fridge without any worries! This afternoon I pulled out what was...” Read full tasting note
    wheezybee 253 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

A new classic
Our love affair with pistachios goes way back. In fact, archaeologists have unearthed ancient pistachio seeds and crackers almost 800,000 years old. Hey, why mess with a classic? With their sweet, creamy taste and pretty pale green colour, pistachios are definitely one of a kind. And when you blend them with super-healthy mulberry leaves, you get a blend that’s not only decadently delicious – it’s also incredibly good for you. What will they think of next?

Ingredients: Mulberry leaf, pistachios, chamomile, natural cream, macadamia and pistachio flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Can one find a soul mate in a cup of tea? That’s how I feel about Pistachio Cream. The mulberry taste is very present, but it’s complimented nicely with the cream. You don’t really need milk. I fully recommend it.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 250 ML

very creamy and smooth, subtly nutty flavour. Must steep it for the right time however; too long=bitter and not enough=NO flavour. Got this as a gift from the fall collection, not too crazy about it so I wouldn’t buy it again but there will be no problem finishing the rest of the bag.

Aroma: Dry leaf was very strong, nutty, sweet, with a light hint of chamomile.
Liquor Color: Deep green
Liquor Flavor: Nutty, sweet, creamy. Odd balance of flavors.
Notes: Since I transfer my tea to tins, I had to double check that it was an herbal tea not an oolong. Haha, it does look a lot like an oolong. Anyway, the dry leaf smelled wonderful but when I finally brewed a cup it was good, but not amazing. I was hoping the flavor would match the smell but it didn’t this time. I’ve never had mulberry leaf so I’m guessing that was what I was tasting. It was soothing and nice to drink before bed, but for me, the flavors didn’t seem to mix just right.

I can’t seem to get this tea to taste like anything. I get hints of cream and pistachio but overall this tea is kind of blah.

Great before bed tisane! It is really creamy as the description said. Very nice taste I loved it.

Oh my land, this tea is delicious. The fact that it’s caffeine free makes it an awesome tea to drink before bed. Or at school. Or anywhere, to be honest. One of the quickest ways to my heart is to offer me a cup of this. Seriously. Anyone offering? No? Alright, I’ll just drink it all myself.

This is DELICIOUS! The pistachio flavor is strong (and perfect!) and there is definitely a creaminess to the flavor as well (how do they do it?). I steeped the leaves twice and it was delicious both times. I have a feeling that I’m going to end up buying more of this when I finish my sample… As a bonus, the tea is caffeine-free! Almost all of my caffeine-free teas are rooibos or fruit, and I’m not always in the mood for one of those in the evening. I can definitely see myself drinking this regularly in the evenings.

(Sample from silentrequiem. Thanks!)

I wanted to give all the fall teas a go before they disappear for the season, and I finally got around to trying this one. I liked it, but not as much as other nutty blends that I have tried in the past. I also was not aware of the mulberry component until after the fact, and that is not a favoured ingrdient of mine in teas. But I did enjoy the creaminess and, overall, it was a good sample.

I received this tea as a sample from my online order from DAVIDsTEA. I’ve been meaning to try it but never made the commitment.

The pistachio aroma is promising! Steeped, this smells just like pistachio muffins.

This is a very pleasant tea, comforting and simple. I’m not tasting pistachio as much as I am smelling it, however.

I was so Excited to try this tea because its base is mulberry leaves, just like my most favorite tea in the world : Mulberry Magic! The two teas have similar ingredients, so I decided to do a side-by-side taste test to see if I could taste the difference.

And indeed there is a difference. This tea is creamier and the chamomile is very subtle in the background, and that masks the mulberry leaf flavor (a little bit), which is what I like the most. I’m not saying this is a bad tea, it’s great, it really is I enjoyed it so much in fact, I will have to stock up before fall ends!