Pistachio Cream

Herbal Tea
Chamomile, Mulberry Leaves, Natural Creme Flavor, Natural Macadamia Flavors, Natural Pistachio Flavors, Pistacho
Cream, Nuts, Vanilla
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

• “This is a tea with a pretty distinct flavor which means you really need to be in the mood for it to truly enjoy it. When I first went about brewing the cup, I was not really that excited but...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1938 tasting notes
  • “Ok, so tea 3/5 of the new collection! I really like Mulberry Magic, so I thought I would try this out. It smells divine! I'm not a big pistachio nut (ha! see what I did there?) but I do enjoy the...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1700 tasting notes
  • “Almost done my 20g so it's about time that I actually write about this pistachio (near) perfection. I wasn't too crazy about Mulberry Magic. Something about the macadamia in there that didn't work...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 813 tasting notes
  • “I just learned the best feature of my new cheap porcelain teapot - unlike the tetsubin, I can just shove the whole works into the fridge without any worries! This afternoon I pulled out what was...” Read full tasting note
    wheezybee 251 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

A new classic
Our love affair with pistachios goes way back. In fact, archaeologists have unearthed ancient pistachio seeds and crackers almost 800,000 years old. Hey, why mess with a classic? With their sweet, creamy taste and pretty pale green colour, pistachios are definitely one of a kind. And when you blend them with super-healthy mulberry leaves, you get a blend that’s not only decadently delicious – it’s also incredibly good for you. What will they think of next?

Ingredients: Mulberry leaf, pistachios, chamomile, natural cream, macadamia and pistachio flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Aroma: Dry leaf was very strong, nutty, sweet, with a light hint of chamomile.
Liquor Color: Deep green
Liquor Flavor: Nutty, sweet, creamy. Odd balance of flavors.
Notes: Since I transfer my tea to tins, I had to double check that it was an herbal tea not an oolong. Haha, it does look a lot like an oolong. Anyway, the dry leaf smelled wonderful but when I finally brewed a cup it was good, but not amazing. I was hoping the flavor would match the smell but it didn’t this time. I’ve never had mulberry leaf so I’m guessing that was what I was tasting. It was soothing and nice to drink before bed, but for me, the flavors didn’t seem to mix just right.

I can’t seem to get this tea to taste like anything. I get hints of cream and pistachio but overall this tea is kind of blah.

Great before bed tisane! It is really creamy as the description said. Very nice taste I loved it.

Oh my land, this tea is delicious. The fact that it’s caffeine free makes it an awesome tea to drink before bed. Or at school. Or anywhere, to be honest. One of the quickest ways to my heart is to offer me a cup of this. Seriously. Anyone offering? No? Alright, I’ll just drink it all myself.

This is DELICIOUS! The pistachio flavor is strong (and perfect!) and there is definitely a creaminess to the flavor as well (how do they do it?). I steeped the leaves twice and it was delicious both times. I have a feeling that I’m going to end up buying more of this when I finish my sample… As a bonus, the tea is caffeine-free! Almost all of my caffeine-free teas are rooibos or fruit, and I’m not always in the mood for one of those in the evening. I can definitely see myself drinking this regularly in the evenings.

(Sample from silentrequiem. Thanks!)

I wanted to give all the fall teas a go before they disappear for the season, and I finally got around to trying this one. I liked it, but not as much as other nutty blends that I have tried in the past. I also was not aware of the mulberry component until after the fact, and that is not a favoured ingrdient of mine in teas. But I did enjoy the creaminess and, overall, it was a good sample.

I received this tea as a sample from my online order from DAVIDsTEA. I’ve been meaning to try it but never made the commitment.

The pistachio aroma is promising! Steeped, this smells just like pistachio muffins.

This is a very pleasant tea, comforting and simple. I’m not tasting pistachio as much as I am smelling it, however.

I was so Excited to try this tea because its base is mulberry leaves, just like my most favorite tea in the world : Mulberry Magic! The two teas have similar ingredients, so I decided to do a side-by-side taste test to see if I could taste the difference.

And indeed there is a difference. This tea is creamier and the chamomile is very subtle in the background, and that masks the mulberry leaf flavor (a little bit), which is what I like the most. I’m not saying this is a bad tea, it’s great, it really is I enjoyed it so much in fact, I will have to stock up before fall ends!

Very good tea!

Never had a pistachio in my life so I had no idea of what to expect from this tea. Loved it from the first sip!
The taste of the pistachio and even tasting the creaminess makes it a soothing drink to have anytime. Kind of forget about there being chamomile in it. Definitely a restockable tea and ordered a 100g of it. Yummy!

Well… This certainly has been interesting.

Tried a whole bunch of different teas today, reviews to follow. This one, however, simply demanded it be done first. I’m probably going to sound bonkers while I’m at it, but that’s alright. Last time I was at DT and I smelled this, I got nothing. Zip. Zilch. Nothing. Didn’t do it for me. It looked green and wrinkly, and like it would be bitter and green and earthy and disgusting and the sight of it just turned me off altogether.

Today, however… it smelled intriguing. So much so, that we ended up buying a little bag. Hm. Well I guess we’ll try it. Mama Owl stepped it straight, while I opted for a latte-style (don’t ask me why, I just went with my gut). We both steeped, sipped, and wondered. And wondered. And wondered.

Neither of us expected it to taste so GOOD. Ladies and gentleowls, the name of the tea is Pistachio Cream but don’t let it fool you. At first it tasted like warm, melted pistachio ice cream. Crazy? Nope. Gets crazier. We started picking up other notes too, like sugary bubblegum, lollipops, and all the while, pistachio frickin’ ice cream. Thats when it hit us. Of course it tastes like ice cream and candy – its a fall tea. This is the Halloween Candy tea. bells ring

I’ve been so bummed that my favourite (and regrettably seasonal) Copabanana is done for the year, but this owl thinks she found her fall/winter replacement herbal.

Oh and the chamomile? What chamomile! I tasted no chamomile in this tea!