Sugar and Spice

Cinnamon, Clove, Cloves, Earth, Malt, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “You know that wonderful feeling you get when you've finally struck pay-dirt and figured out the perfect brewing parameters for a given tea? And then you try it again and follow the same steps and...” Read full tasting note
    keychange 451 tasting notes
  • “A break from sipdowns this morning.. It's cold, so I wanted something cozy. What I really wanted was a stove top chai with milk, but we are out of milk so I will wait til later for that. I'm...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 944 tasting notes
  • “I just had to try some of this. The words "spice cake" were being bandied about, and I love spice cake. Very clove-y, and I'm getting some phantom ginger taste. I can see why so many people...” Read full tasting note
    Rosehips 948 tasting notes
  • “Over the last couple of days, I started drinking my flavored black teas without added sweetener, and I think I started to get used to not having it. I mean, there's a sweetness to these teas...” Read full tasting note
    Tealizzy 571 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Everything nice
Some teas are great conversation starters. All you have to do is steep a cup and before you know it, people are asking “what is that wonderful smell?”, “did someone just bake a cake?” and of course, “can I have some?” This comforting black tea blend is no exception. With the warm aromas of cinnamon, cloves and vanilla, it smells and tastes like a spice cake fresh out of the oven. But consider yourself warned: you might want a little bit extra to share around…

Ingredients: Black tea, apples, cinnamon cassia, cloves, carrots, marigold petals, natural vanilla flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

So, I might be wrong, but I don’t think I’ve reviewed this one yet.

I’ve had this tea the last few mornings (with the exception of this morning) and this tea is amazing! It has been calling out to me in my cupboard ‘cause it didn’t quite fit in the holder of the bags of tea that I have, so I thought I better start drinking it up. I don’t remember all the details about this one, but it is a sweet tea that is almost like a really mild chai tea to me. I’ll have to update this one if I find it’s different, but the last few mornings, that’s what it’s really kind of tasted to me.

I love the sweet, slightly spicey taste of this one. I should have gotten more of it.
I’ve been really good and haven’t bought any tea in over a month!! I know that doesn’t sound long, but for me it feels like it has been ages.

Anyways, they don’t have anymore of the website, so I’ll just enjoy what I have. Delicious!!

A decent tea. It reminds me of Glitter and Gold a lot, with much of the same taste and scent. I think I’ll have to try this one again to be reminded of the flavor, its been a while.

I ordered this on a whim with an online sale, and I was not disappointed. Best with a bit of milk and some brown sugar, I think, but perfectly fine black, or just with a bit of milk. Not a lot of spice flavor but it’s very nice for a lightly spiced black tea. Not something I would seek out, and I’m not heartbroken that it’s been discontinued, though I do prefer it to the Glitter & Gold that replaced it.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cloves

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

This smells very much like David’s Spiced Fig. This tea has a deeper flavour than the spiced fig though, which is good because although I liked spiced fig, I found it too weak. It is also in smaller pieces and not as heavy, so the bag will last longer. The aroma reminds me of Christmastime when I was young and Grandma used to make fruitcake.

Took a try of this tea at the store, and oh my goodness I had to have some, so I bought 25 grams. Its a lot like Glitter and Gold, except with a slightly sweeter, less ‘mature’ flavour? I can’t tell which I like more. Super cozy, comforting kind of tea!

Tastes just like pumpkin pie! So great for a rainy autumn day :)Even the second steep (and the third!) is really good, and maybe even better because it brings up the spices. I must admit, I love this tea!!!

This is one of the Fall Collection teas I was so excited to try! Spice cake in a tea? Sign me up! I was sorely disappointed by this one though. It tastes like grain, the kind you feed to horses. It even smells like horse feed! I just barely got through the first cup. I made some more a few weeks ago, intent on finishing the little bit that I had. I oversteeped it and added some sugar. Definitely got more spicy heat, but the rest was much the same. This is a very flat tea that doesn’t deliver on its spice cake promises.

To be honest, if you don’t like the taste of steeped cloves, don’t buy it at all because it’s a dominant taste in that tea. The apple is weaker. Overall, though, I found it very comforting. Grab a blanket on a cold night and there you go!

Flavors: Cloves

205 °F / 96 °C

I’m not quite understanding why it’s called sugar and spice. It should be called tea and spice! That’s all there is in there basically. This tea is not the least bit sweet. Don’t get me wrong, it’s still a great tea, but the name is misleading! So anyways, this is a fantastic blend with all of those autumn spices like cinnamon and cloves. It has a nice black tea base. And that’s pretty much it! It’s a very simple tea, and the spices aren’t too strong; so if you like those spices you’ll love this tea :)

I just picked up the fall collection and this is the second one I tried. I love the flavour, there seems to be a slight burnt sugar taste, reminds me of when I was a kid roasting marshmellows.

This would be a nice one next to the fireplace with a good book.