Mango Lassi

Herbal Tea
Chamomile, Mango, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Orange Peel, Vanilla Bean, Vanilla Extract
Mango, Cream, Fruity
Edit tea info Last updated by Ashley

• “Wow this is soo good tonight! I steeped it for 7 minutes and added in some milk and honey..delicious! Comforting to the max! I am celebrating being done my course (part 1 of it, I might take part...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 888 tasting notes
  • “Oh! This isn't what I expected. I don't know _what_ I expected but... this is so good. It's warm and juicy and it makes me think that I'm biting into soft mangos. I haven't had mango lassi before...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1638 tasting notes
  • “So, when I had this cold brewed I didn't like it at all - and I blamed that on my general fickleness when it comes to mango/chamomile which are both key ingredients in this tisane. For that reason...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1713 tasting notes
  • “Grr, I found a pot's worth of this hiding away in the very back of the cupboard. And here I thought I was done with it. Having no patience, I dumped the whole amount in a tiny tea bag and put in...” Read full tasting note
    CrowKettle 489 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Lassi come home

If you’re a lover of Indian food, chances are you’ve had a taste of a Mango Lassi. If not, it’s time you got acquainted. It’s a deliciously creamy blend of fresh mango, yogurt and a hint of rosewater – just about the coolest, most satisfying drink around. And this rich, fruity blend is our homage to the classic. It blends sweet, succulent mango with creamy vanilla and a floral hint of honey-kissed Egyptian chamomile. Our advice? Try it as an iced latte…or blend it into your next smoothie.

Ingredients: Mango, chamomile, orange peel, vanilla bean, vanilla extract.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Dry, this smells super fruity. Steeped, it lives up to its name – mangoes! Sweet, juicy mangoes!

I’m disappointed to have used up the last of this – another desserty wonder that lives up to its name. Bravo!

I hate HATE chamomile, (my friend describes it as cat pee which is pretty bang on) Anyways, i have a hard time focusing on the chamomile in this because the mango is so ever-present and beautiful. This is amazing cold, hot, or carbonated. REALLY nice tea, very fruity, my kids adore it

Dear god this smells incredible. Both dry leaf and liquor have a wonderful sweet creamy mango aroma wafting from them. The taste is very similar, but with a not-entirely-pleasant lemony tang at the finish. There were some tiny gritty pieces that I got in some sips, which put me off until I realized there’s ACTUAL VANILLA BEAN in this blend.

An excellent nighttime tea. David better not discontinue this one anytime soon.

I’m not an herbal tea person-I like caffeine. A lot. And I dislike lemongrass and hibiscus. A lot. So finding an herbal tea that’s mango and chamomile was exciting for me because I enjoy hot tea in the evening after dinner in lieu of something sweet. I did get a strong chamomile from this tea but the mango compliments it and makes it kind of fun-it’s got a bit of spiciness to it. It went well with milk but could be very nice iced. In the end, my suggestion is to try this tea if you’re a fan of chamomile but don’t buy it based on the mango alone because you have to like the two to make it work. To me a longer steep brings out more chamomile (and I would NOT add milk at that point). Also, and this may sound strange, but I could see cooking with this tea. I think it would be great in a salad dressing or as a marinade for chicken or fish.

Fantastic tea either iced or hot. For me, the two notes I get out of it are a mango/citrus note and then a strong chamomile after taste. Not for those who dislike chamomile. Fantastic as an iced latte.

EDIT: This one makes me sick after a while. It’s a shame, but I gotta re-rate it down a bit. Too much chamomile is icky-town.

Small Big Traveling Tea Box

After reading that Skysamuri was picking some of this tea up in her pitstop in New York and finding it in the TTB, I couldn’t help but to try it!

This tea is juicy.. like biting into soft ripe mangoes as the sugar goodness drips down your face juicy. I love the notes of vanilla and orange. Yes, this tea is so good. The chamomile wasn’t too strong— in fact, I quite enjoyed it. Yum.

Edit: this tea is definitely better hot/warm. The more it cools, the more flavor it seems to lose.

Flavors: Mango

Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 1 g 2 OZ / 59 ML

When i saw someone post about this i had to try it. Had a long layover in New York so i took a train into the city and went straight to Davids tea. I was tempted to buy more then 1oz but finding out that there was chamomile in it made me wary. But like others i was pleasantly surprised that the chamomile doesn’t overpower the flavor and it really does taste similar to a mango lassi.

This was my choice for the David’s Tea iced summer refill deal today. There is a distinct creaminess or some other additional flavor that makes this tea beyond just a fruity tea and into a more “lassi” flavor. I would like to try it back to back with their other mango flavor to compare, but as a fan of all things mango, I’m happy with the taste. It’s a light orange/yellow tea and naturally sweet (I drank it without any sweetener and it still feels like dessert). Drinking it iced certainly feels like the way to go on this. The barista?brewer? working at David’s Teas recommended this flavor as a tea pop. I bet with some milk it has the potential to be even creamier.

Flavors: Cream, Fruity, Mango

I got this tea a few months ago to increase my herbal tea selection, as I have found caffeinated teas before bed isn’t such a great idea anymore. Does this mean I’m getting old? NO WAY I’LL NEVER BE OLD..(in spirit)!

Anyways, I polished off the final cup of this and I’ve decided I really like it. I’m not huuuge on chamomile teas, which this definitely is, but the chamomile adds a creaminess to the tea. I really really enjoy it. The mango flavour is surely present and with the vanilla bean pieces (which are beautiful by the way), the whole cup turns into a magical creamy mango lassi.

I haven’t tried it with milk or sugar, but I’m sure it would have been great. I guess I’ll just have to grab some more and find out for myself!

Turrahh for TEA!

’Here’s Hoping’ traveling teabox Round #2 // Tea #18
Oh man, I always forget about chamomile, especially as a nighttime decaf option. I don’t think I have more than a couple teaspoons of chamomile in my cupboard. I forget how much I like this one. I was hesitant to try this one, as I know it’s on at least one wishlist from the HH teaboxers (yes, I like to check wishlists for teaboxes.) But there is a teaspoon or two left to try! I REALLY like this one – it’s fruity, refreshing, and definitely mango. I’d say it’s almost equal parts flavor with chamomile and mango. I thought there was apple in this blend.. nope, just the chamomile. Very sweet! This is one I wouldn’t mind stocking up on, especially if I wanted a chamomile option.