Mango Lassi

Herbal Tea
Chamomile, Mango, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Orange Peel, Vanilla Bean, Vanilla Extract
Herbs, Mango, Vanilla, Creamy, Floral, Cream, Fruity
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

• “Wow this is soo good tonight! I steeped it for 7 minutes and added in some milk and honey..delicious! Comforting to the max! I am celebrating being done my course (part 1 of it, I might take part...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 988 tasting notes
  • “Oh! This isn't what I expected. I don't know _what_ I expected but... this is so good. It's warm and juicy and it makes me think that I'm biting into soft mangos. I haven't had mango lassi before...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1700 tasting notes
  • “So, when I had this cold brewed I didn't like it at all - and I blamed that on my general fickleness when it comes to mango/chamomile which are both key ingredients in this tisane. For that reason...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 2260 tasting notes
  • “Grr, I found a pot's worth of this hiding away in the very back of the cupboard. And here I thought I was done with it. Having no patience, I dumped the whole amount in a tiny tea bag and put in...” Read full tasting note
    CrowKettle 507 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Lassi come home

If you’re a lover of Indian food, chances are you’ve had a taste of a Mango Lassi. If not, it’s time you got acquainted. It’s a deliciously creamy blend of fresh mango, yogurt and a hint of rosewater – just about the coolest, most satisfying drink around. And this rich, fruity blend is our homage to the classic. It blends sweet, succulent mango with creamy vanilla and a floral hint of honey-kissed Egyptian chamomile. Our advice? Try it as an iced latte…or blend it into your next smoothie.

Ingredients: Mango, chamomile, orange peel, vanilla bean, vanilla extract.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Dry, this smells super fruity. Steeped, it lives up to its name – mangoes! Sweet, juicy mangoes!

I’m disappointed to have used up the last of this – another desserty wonder that lives up to its name. Bravo!

I hate HATE chamomile, (my friend describes it as cat pee which is pretty bang on) Anyways, i have a hard time focusing on the chamomile in this because the mango is so ever-present and beautiful. This is amazing cold, hot, or carbonated. REALLY nice tea, very fruity, my kids adore it

Dear god this smells incredible. Both dry leaf and liquor have a wonderful sweet creamy mango aroma wafting from them. The taste is very similar, but with a not-entirely-pleasant lemony tang at the finish. There were some tiny gritty pieces that I got in some sips, which put me off until I realized there’s ACTUAL VANILLA BEAN in this blend.

An excellent nighttime tea. David better not discontinue this one anytime soon.

I’m not an herbal tea person-I like caffeine. A lot. And I dislike lemongrass and hibiscus. A lot. So finding an herbal tea that’s mango and chamomile was exciting for me because I enjoy hot tea in the evening after dinner in lieu of something sweet. I did get a strong chamomile from this tea but the mango compliments it and makes it kind of fun-it’s got a bit of spiciness to it. It went well with milk but could be very nice iced. In the end, my suggestion is to try this tea if you’re a fan of chamomile but don’t buy it based on the mango alone because you have to like the two to make it work. To me a longer steep brings out more chamomile (and I would NOT add milk at that point). Also, and this may sound strange, but I could see cooking with this tea. I think it would be great in a salad dressing or as a marinade for chicken or fish.

Fantastic tea either iced or hot. For me, the two notes I get out of it are a mango/citrus note and then a strong chamomile after taste. Not for those who dislike chamomile. Fantastic as an iced latte.

EDIT: This one makes me sick after a while. It’s a shame, but I gotta re-rate it down a bit. Too much chamomile is icky-town.

I don’t like chamomile but I love mango and I had heard good things about this tea, so I decided to give it a try. Unfortunately, it didn’t work out for me. There was a nice creamy mango flavor going on, but the pungent scent of the chamomile and the bits of pollen floating in my cup completely ruined the experience. Hopefully someone else will enjoy it more than I did!

Flavors: Herbs, Mango, Vanilla

Ost

Ahh I have been wanting to try this one so bad since I’ve been drinking chamomile teas lately, but I hear that some people think it’s citrusy, did you taste much citrus??

Inkling

It didn’t taste like citrus to me at all…just mango, vanilla, and CHAMOMILE!

Ost

Really? Ahh I’ll have to pick up some of it before it goes out! D:

When I found out that this one was being pulled from shelves, I made sure I tried whatever I had left of this tea for potential stocking up purposes. This tea is definitely yummy! I had it straight and enjoyed the vanilla and mango scents very much. I can tell it would be great iced but I’m not sure if it’s tin worthy. I have very limited space and even though it’s good. I’m not too big on mangoes in tea.

Flavors: Mango, Vanilla

Boiling 5 min, 15 sec 5 tsp 15 OZ / 450 ML

I guess I missed picking some of this one up earlier (or I didn’t see the packet of it in my stash, anyhow), so grabbed a bit to try before it’s gone for good. The smell is so deliciously bang-on – creamy, tangyish mango lassi. So is the initial flavour in the sip… but then it turns into a bit too much chamomile for me, which is too bad. Maybe they’ll come out with a less-chamomiley version at some point? Ah well. Not too disappointed now that it has been discontinued, though I’m not sure if I want a bit more just to have when I want a sleepy time blend (I do still have a decent supply of Dulce & Banana though, hmmmm.)

It’s been a while since I’ve had this tea, but I remember really liking it. I like actual mango lassi, and all the ingredients in this should be delicious.

The dry leaf smells like mango and chamomile, with a hint of coolness that makes me think mint. I’m actually not a fan of the smell of dried chamomile. Something about it makes me think of cat pee on flowers. So, I’m not digging the fragrance of this, but that is entirely due to the chamomile, and in the moments where I can get away from that association, it’s actually okay.

Steeped, the smell is much better. Lots of chamomile still, but mellowed enough to not be offensive. I’m getting some slight sourness that I’m not a huge fan of, but there’s chamomile, mango and creaminess, which is pretty much everything I was looking for in this. Kind of thick ad very relaxing.

Flavors: Creamy, Floral, Mango

sweetea

I wish this one wasn’t so tart. On the whole I love it, but there are some gripes.

albertocanfly

“cat pee on flowers” hahaha…oh man:P

Starfevre

I really really hope that I can forget that sentence before I have chamomile next.

Anlina

Sorry! I hope I haven’t ruined chamomile for anyone.

These ingredients seem to be a bit of an odd combination but I was drawn to it because it had mango in it but no hibiscus (ick). Also I’ve been on the look-out for more herbal/decaffeinated teas as my supply of those is getting low (and yet my tea cupboard is still overflowing).

I’ve always liked the flavour of chamomile – good quality stuff has a herbal apple/pineapple flavour to it and here it mixes well with the fruity mango flavours. It’s a very smooth blend with a rich, creamy undertone.

I only purchased a small amount as a tester but I’ll definitely replenish it when I’m done.

Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML