Mango Lassi

Herbal Tea
Chamomile, Mango, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Orange Peel, Vanilla Bean, Vanilla Extract
Citrus, Citrusy, Creamy, Mango, Orange, Sour, Floral, Vanilla, Herbs, Cream, Fruity
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

From DAVIDsTEA

Lassi come home

If you’re a lover of Indian food, chances are you’ve had a taste of a Mango Lassi. If not, it’s time you got acquainted. It’s a deliciously creamy blend of fresh mango, yogurt and a hint of rosewater – just about the coolest, most satisfying drink around. And this rich, fruity blend is our homage to the classic. It blends sweet, succulent mango with creamy vanilla and a floral hint of honey-kissed Egyptian chamomile. Our advice? Try it as an iced latte…or blend it into your next smoothie.

Ingredients: Mango, chamomile, orange peel, vanilla bean, vanilla extract.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Dry, this smells super fruity. Steeped, it lives up to its name – mangoes! Sweet, juicy mangoes!

I’m disappointed to have used up the last of this – another desserty wonder that lives up to its name. Bravo!

I hate HATE chamomile, (my friend describes it as cat pee which is pretty bang on) Anyways, i have a hard time focusing on the chamomile in this because the mango is so ever-present and beautiful. This is amazing cold, hot, or carbonated. REALLY nice tea, very fruity, my kids adore it

Dear god this smells incredible. Both dry leaf and liquor have a wonderful sweet creamy mango aroma wafting from them. The taste is very similar, but with a not-entirely-pleasant lemony tang at the finish. There were some tiny gritty pieces that I got in some sips, which put me off until I realized there’s ACTUAL VANILLA BEAN in this blend.

An excellent nighttime tea. David better not discontinue this one anytime soon.

I’m not an herbal tea person-I like caffeine. A lot. And I dislike lemongrass and hibiscus. A lot. So finding an herbal tea that’s mango and chamomile was exciting for me because I enjoy hot tea in the evening after dinner in lieu of something sweet. I did get a strong chamomile from this tea but the mango compliments it and makes it kind of fun-it’s got a bit of spiciness to it. It went well with milk but could be very nice iced. In the end, my suggestion is to try this tea if you’re a fan of chamomile but don’t buy it based on the mango alone because you have to like the two to make it work. To me a longer steep brings out more chamomile (and I would NOT add milk at that point). Also, and this may sound strange, but I could see cooking with this tea. I think it would be great in a salad dressing or as a marinade for chicken or fish.

Fantastic tea either iced or hot. For me, the two notes I get out of it are a mango/citrus note and then a strong chamomile after taste. Not for those who dislike chamomile. Fantastic as an iced latte.

EDIT: This one makes me sick after a while. It’s a shame, but I gotta re-rate it down a bit. Too much chamomile is icky-town.

Finally ordered this a couple DavidsTea orders ago, but only just now got the “chance” to try it.
People give such mixed reviews, and some people say it’s super citrusy which I can’t stand but then others say it has like tons of other good flavors so I was interested…and apparently no one has this tea that wants to swap soo I had to buy it. XD
When I opened the bag I was hit by a wave of strong citrus orange aroma that made me feel totally uneasy, but I brewed a cup of it up anyway.
I brewed this tea the same time I brewed up another since I was just doing a quick taste test before dinner.
I tried this after like ten minutes but it was still really hot so I decided to try the other one. My mouth has been like ultra sensitive lately to everything anyway, soo like it probably wasn’t all that heat hot but it sure felt that way to my tongue.
So I drank the other tea and in the middle of drinking the other tea I once again got super shaky suddenly from I guess not eating enough today…That doesn’t happen that much. But was super intense this time so I couldn’t really drink this tea. :(
The few sips I did have, I tasted some citrus, mango, the sourness of chamomile, and some creaminess which seems kinda odd. So yeah. I don’t feel like I can give this a full, legit review till I try it without my health issues getting in the way xD
But that’s my first experience with it!
Maybe tomorrow will try it again.

Flavors: Citrus, Citrusy, Creamy, Mango, Orange, Sour

I don’t know why I was so hard on this tea at first. Had it last night and got a wonderful mix of vanilla icing and juicy mango slices with a light hint of the camomile base. Still not exactly mango lassi, but I can see the resemblance. Absolutely boosting my rating here.

Flavors: Creamy, Mango, Vanilla

Boiling 6 min, 30 sec 3 tsp 19 OZ / 550 ML

I don’t like chamomile but I love mango and I had heard good things about this tea, so I decided to give it a try. Unfortunately, it didn’t work out for me. There was a nice creamy mango flavor going on, but the pungent scent of the chamomile and the bits of pollen floating in my cup completely ruined the experience. Hopefully someone else will enjoy it more than I did!

Flavors: Herbs, Mango, Vanilla

Ost

Ahh I have been wanting to try this one so bad since I’ve been drinking chamomile teas lately, but I hear that some people think it’s citrusy, did you taste much citrus??

Inkling

It didn’t taste like citrus to me at all…just mango, vanilla, and CHAMOMILE!

Ost

Really? Ahh I’ll have to pick up some of it before it goes out! D:

When I found out that this one was being pulled from shelves, I made sure I tried whatever I had left of this tea for potential stocking up purposes. This tea is definitely yummy! I had it straight and enjoyed the vanilla and mango scents very much. I can tell it would be great iced but I’m not sure if it’s tin worthy. I have very limited space and even though it’s good. I’m not too big on mangoes in tea.

Flavors: Mango, Vanilla

Boiling 5 min, 15 sec 5 tsp 15 OZ / 450 ML

I guess I missed picking some of this one up earlier (or I didn’t see the packet of it in my stash, anyhow), so grabbed a bit to try before it’s gone for good. The smell is so deliciously bang-on – creamy, tangyish mango lassi. So is the initial flavour in the sip… but then it turns into a bit too much chamomile for me, which is too bad. Maybe they’ll come out with a less-chamomiley version at some point? Ah well. Not too disappointed now that it has been discontinued, though I’m not sure if I want a bit more just to have when I want a sleepy time blend (I do still have a decent supply of Dulce & Banana though, hmmmm.)