Mango Lassi

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA
Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 3 g 8 oz / 236 ml

• “Wow this is soo good tonight! I steeped it for 7 minutes and added in some milk and honey..delicious! Comforting to the max! I am celebrating being done my course (part 1 of it, I might take part...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 820 tasting notes
  • “Oh! This isn't what I expected. I don't know _what_ I expected but... this is so good. It's warm and juicy and it makes me think that I'm biting into soft mangos. I haven't had mango lassi before...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1392 tasting notes
  • “So, when I had this cold brewed I didn't like it at all - and I blamed that on my general fickleness when it comes to mango/chamomile which are both key ingredients in this tisane. For that reason...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1172 tasting notes
  • “Grr, I found a pot's worth of this hiding away in the very back of the cupboard. And here I thought I was done with it. Having no patience, I dumped the whole amount in a tiny tea bag and put in...” Read full tasting note
    CrowKettle 447 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Lassi come home

If you’re a lover of Indian food, chances are you’ve had a taste of a Mango Lassi. If not, it’s time you got acquainted. It’s a deliciously creamy blend of fresh mango, yogurt and a hint of rosewater – just about the coolest, most satisfying drink around. And this rich, fruity blend is our homage to the classic. It blends sweet, succulent mango with creamy vanilla and a floral hint of honey-kissed Egyptian chamomile. Our advice? Try it as an iced latte…or blend it into your next smoothie.

Ingredients: Mango, chamomile, orange peel, vanilla bean, vanilla extract.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Dry, this smells super fruity. Steeped, it lives up to its name – mangoes! Sweet, juicy mangoes!

I’m disappointed to have used up the last of this – another desserty wonder that lives up to its name. Bravo!

I hate HATE chamomile, (my friend describes it as cat pee which is pretty bang on) Anyways, i have a hard time focusing on the chamomile in this because the mango is so ever-present and beautiful. This is amazing cold, hot, or carbonated. REALLY nice tea, very fruity, my kids adore it

Dear god this smells incredible. Both dry leaf and liquor have a wonderful sweet creamy mango aroma wafting from them. The taste is very similar, but with a not-entirely-pleasant lemony tang at the finish. There were some tiny gritty pieces that I got in some sips, which put me off until I realized there’s ACTUAL VANILLA BEAN in this blend.

An excellent nighttime tea. David better not discontinue this one anytime soon.

I’m not an herbal tea person-I like caffeine. A lot. And I dislike lemongrass and hibiscus. A lot. So finding an herbal tea that’s mango and chamomile was exciting for me because I enjoy hot tea in the evening after dinner in lieu of something sweet. I did get a strong chamomile from this tea but the mango compliments it and makes it kind of fun-it’s got a bit of spiciness to it. It went well with milk but could be very nice iced. In the end, my suggestion is to try this tea if you’re a fan of chamomile but don’t buy it based on the mango alone because you have to like the two to make it work. To me a longer steep brings out more chamomile (and I would NOT add milk at that point). Also, and this may sound strange, but I could see cooking with this tea. I think it would be great in a salad dressing or as a marinade for chicken or fish.

Fantastic tea either iced or hot. For me, the two notes I get out of it are a mango/citrus note and then a strong chamomile after taste. Not for those who dislike chamomile. Fantastic as an iced latte.

I am normally a fan of David’s Tea. This might be the worst tea I have tried since being introduced to loose tea. Right out of the bag the pungent smell made me gag, but some of the reviews seemed positive, so I decided to give it a shot anyway.

Bad Idea. Add flowery teas to the list of flavors I can’t handle. That being said, if a flower-flavored mango tea sounds appealing to you, then THIS is your tea. Look no further. I would happily send this as a swap.

As for me and my tastebuds? No thank-you.

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Second time I’ve had this. I’m really trying to decide if I love it or not. I’m really not sure.

The camomile seems to be the most predominate flavour I’ve found so far. it’s got a bit of mango, but I find it hides behind the camomile. I use to drink straight camomile tea, but I got out of that. I started to realize that I didn’t like it the same anymore after a bit. So, to drink it now, is kind of weird for me. I haven’t had it in years.

So, I do wish the mango was stronger, but I’m okay with it. Either way… I don’t think I’d get this one again. I have quite a bit of it still so I’ll be good for a while.

Coldbrewed. This is…okay. Just okay. It’s juicy enough and I loved the first sip, but as the cup goes on, it’s less and less tasty. It’s got a weird taste to it that I’m going to assume is the chamomile, as I’m not overly familiar with it. My next cup will be a sipdown and that is more than okay with me.

VariaTEA

I also had an issue with the chamomile in this. It got to a point where even the smell was off putting.

DaisyChubb

Yep I have to agree with the chamomile in this one! Reminds me of the old dulce & banana but without the strong banana flavour it’s just offputting haha – finishing the bag will be a struggle! The struggle is real!

Cattibrie

Thanks for the info. This is now off my list to try. Chamomile is just not a flavour I like.

Roswell Strange

I struggled with this one too.

aisling of tea

Well, I just dumped the rest of my bag into my mason jar to steep for tomorrow, so yay for getting rid of it. I find that I’m more willing to drink a tea if it’s coldbrewed because I made myself get used to drinking massive amounts of cold water when I was working. And this way it’s done and Future Rita’s problem, because I hate to waste tea, so I’ll drink it and curse Past Rita the whole time XD

DaisyChubb

oo good idea! maybe it’ll mellow out a bit coldbrewed, think I’ll follow your lead for the rest of my bag too

aisling of tea

Good luck to you!!

I love how whenever I want to have a massive tea drinking day, it never happens.
I gotta start buckling down on my caffeine intake.
Did you know that I’m on doctor’s orders to cut caffeinated tea out of my life because I have… heart problems? Hhaha I’m terrible and I don’t listen. I told my doctor that I LOVE tea and I can’t just cut it out so he’s like “Just limit it to one cup of black tea a week but that’s it. Only stick to herbals” and look at where I’m at now haha.

Soooo I’m going to stop drinking my caffeinated teas starting at 7pm and go on with my herbals. Out of the 120 teas I have, I only own about 10 caffiene-free teas, which is actually quite sad. Than you shmiracles for sending this tea my way! Actually, I think it was supposed to be some sort of surprise, but I texted her a couple days ago about DAVIDs Spring Collection and she was all By the way, I sent you teas and things and I was all WOW OKAY. A lot of my teas are either sipdowns, or I’ve already given them to her so yeah. Gotta wait a while till I get more new teas hehe :)

Can I just buy like ten pounds of this tea and throw it in my bathtub, please. Dude. I just wanna bathe in this tea because it SMELLS SO GOOD. Nice and fruity and lovely and THE MANGO. I’ve never had tea with mango in it and I’m quite excited! I’m Filipino so I kinda have to love mango! I visited the Philippines a while back and I’d have one or two mangoes a day because.. dude. Philippine mangoes are like 5000% better than the ones we sell in America okay.

The tea itself is actually really nice! It would have done better with either less or no chamomile at all, though. Chamomile is good! But it definitely overpowers the tartness of the mango I JUST WANT MORE TART. It has a bit of a bite which I love because MANGO.

I’m probably going to see how this does as a cold brew. I’ll set it up tonight and grab it in the morning before class :)

Boiling 5 min, 15 sec 3 g 8 OZ / 236 ML
Hello.Kiki

hmmm, a tea bath, lol I’m sure there’s fancy soap somewhere that is tea infused!

jump62359

Dude. I’ve seen those before and I wanna try it!
One night, I was just annoyed with everything so I decided to throw my used tealeaves into a bucket and poured warm water over it and soaked my feet to relax a bit. Don’t know if it was just me, but my feet definitely came out super soft :)

Hello.Kiki

I think LUSH might make a face mask with white tea in it! Now I kinda want to find out… :D

I have this one a few times. First time it tasted a bit weird. Now it’s really starting to grow on me. I don’t like a plain chamomile tea and so for all the chamomile teas I’ve had this one would be the best. The sweet juicy mango blends well with the chamomile

205 °F / 96 °C