Mango Lassi

Herbal Tea
Chamomile, Mango, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Orange Peel, Vanilla Bean, Vanilla Extract
Mango, Vanilla, Creamy, Floral, Cream, Fruity
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

• “Wow this is soo good tonight! I steeped it for 7 minutes and added in some milk and honey..delicious! Comforting to the max! I am celebrating being done my course (part 1 of it, I might take part...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 969 tasting notes
  • “Oh! This isn't what I expected. I don't know _what_ I expected but... this is so good. It's warm and juicy and it makes me think that I'm biting into soft mangos. I haven't had mango lassi before...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1700 tasting notes
  • “So, when I had this cold brewed I didn't like it at all - and I blamed that on my general fickleness when it comes to mango/chamomile which are both key ingredients in this tisane. For that reason...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 2179 tasting notes
  • “Grr, I found a pot's worth of this hiding away in the very back of the cupboard. And here I thought I was done with it. Having no patience, I dumped the whole amount in a tiny tea bag and put in...” Read full tasting note
    CrowKettle 507 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Lassi come home

If you’re a lover of Indian food, chances are you’ve had a taste of a Mango Lassi. If not, it’s time you got acquainted. It’s a deliciously creamy blend of fresh mango, yogurt and a hint of rosewater – just about the coolest, most satisfying drink around. And this rich, fruity blend is our homage to the classic. It blends sweet, succulent mango with creamy vanilla and a floral hint of honey-kissed Egyptian chamomile. Our advice? Try it as an iced latte…or blend it into your next smoothie.

Ingredients: Mango, chamomile, orange peel, vanilla bean, vanilla extract.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

When i saw someone post about this i had to try it. Had a long layover in New York so i took a train into the city and went straight to Davids tea. I was tempted to buy more then 1oz but finding out that there was chamomile in it made me wary. But like others i was pleasantly surprised that the chamomile doesn’t overpower the flavor and it really does taste similar to a mango lassi.

This was my choice for the David’s Tea iced summer refill deal today. There is a distinct creaminess or some other additional flavor that makes this tea beyond just a fruity tea and into a more “lassi” flavor. I would like to try it back to back with their other mango flavor to compare, but as a fan of all things mango, I’m happy with the taste. It’s a light orange/yellow tea and naturally sweet (I drank it without any sweetener and it still feels like dessert). Drinking it iced certainly feels like the way to go on this. The barista?brewer? working at David’s Teas recommended this flavor as a tea pop. I bet with some milk it has the potential to be even creamier.

Flavors: Cream, Fruity, Mango

I got this tea a few months ago to increase my herbal tea selection, as I have found caffeinated teas before bed isn’t such a great idea anymore. Does this mean I’m getting old? NO WAY I’LL NEVER BE OLD..(in spirit)!

Anyways, I polished off the final cup of this and I’ve decided I really like it. I’m not huuuge on chamomile teas, which this definitely is, but the chamomile adds a creaminess to the tea. I really really enjoy it. The mango flavour is surely present and with the vanilla bean pieces (which are beautiful by the way), the whole cup turns into a magical creamy mango lassi.

I haven’t tried it with milk or sugar, but I’m sure it would have been great. I guess I’ll just have to grab some more and find out for myself!

Turrahh for TEA!

’Here’s Hoping’ traveling teabox Round #2 // Tea #18
Oh man, I always forget about chamomile, especially as a nighttime decaf option. I don’t think I have more than a couple teaspoons of chamomile in my cupboard. I forget how much I like this one. I was hesitant to try this one, as I know it’s on at least one wishlist from the HH teaboxers (yes, I like to check wishlists for teaboxes.) But there is a teaspoon or two left to try! I REALLY like this one – it’s fruity, refreshing, and definitely mango. I’d say it’s almost equal parts flavor with chamomile and mango. I thought there was apple in this blend.. nope, just the chamomile. Very sweet! This is one I wouldn’t mind stocking up on, especially if I wanted a chamomile option.

I brewed this tea this morning. So relaxing. I love chamomile tea and this one is so good. It tastes creamy and a little fruity. I added a little Splenda, but this tea is pretty flavorful on its own.

Flavors: Mango

I received a sample of this from bluebelle in our swap. Thank you!

I love Mango Lassi. We walk into my favorite Indian restaurant in town and I immediately order one of these wonderful drinks. I might have had it in my head that this was going to be as thick and juicy as that drink. This wasn’t for me. I can taste the chamomile and the mango/creaminess that I was anticipating wasn’t there. I am glad I got to try this one, but it is not for me.

From the Here’s hoping Traveling Tea Box

I like the mix of mango, vanilla, and chamomile in this tea. It’s juicy and really relaxing. I can see this being excellent as a cold brew, but it’s also nice as a warm before bed tea.

Let me start by saying that I’m actually a fan of this tea… minus one caveat; the smell. The good news is that the smell goes away completely IF you add creamer. With sweetener and creamer, it tastes like juicy mango with sweet cream. It’s a Mango Lassi without the tart bite (sourness) that comes with yogurt.

Ok, so I was reluctant to post what I think this smells like, but I feel that I should add it in case someone orders it and is really disappointed… (IMO) it smells like cat spray. There, I said it. Just add creamer before you try it for a better first impression.

Suziqzer

Hubby and I find we have that same reaction to a lot of peach scented things… So glad we agree not to bring any of them into our home. I’m afraid I might not have been as patient with the tea as you were in trying creamer to see if that helped. Glad it worked for you, sounds like it made it enjoyable.

I’m afraid I’ve been a little fearful of peach & mango teas for he same reason, but so far I have been pleasantly surprised.

I am normally a fan of David’s Tea. This might be the worst tea I have tried since being introduced to loose tea. Right out of the bag the pungent smell made me gag, but some of the reviews seemed positive, so I decided to give it a shot anyway.

Bad Idea. Add flowery teas to the list of flavors I can’t handle. That being said, if a flower-flavored mango tea sounds appealing to you, then THIS is your tea. Look no further. I would happily send this as a swap.

As for me and my tastebuds? No thank-you.

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Second time I’ve had this. I’m really trying to decide if I love it or not. I’m really not sure.

The camomile seems to be the most predominate flavour I’ve found so far. it’s got a bit of mango, but I find it hides behind the camomile. I use to drink straight camomile tea, but I got out of that. I started to realize that I didn’t like it the same anymore after a bit. So, to drink it now, is kind of weird for me. I haven’t had it in years.

So, I do wish the mango was stronger, but I’m okay with it. Either way… I don’t think I’d get this one again. I have quite a bit of it still so I’ll be good for a while.