Mango Lassi

Herbal Tea
Chamomile, Mango, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Orange Peel, Vanilla Bean, Vanilla Extract
Creamy, Floral, Mango, Cream, Fruity
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

• “Wow this is soo good tonight! I steeped it for 7 minutes and added in some milk and honey..delicious! Comforting to the max! I am celebrating being done my course (part 1 of it, I might take part...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 944 tasting notes
  • “Oh! This isn't what I expected. I don't know _what_ I expected but... this is so good. It's warm and juicy and it makes me think that I'm biting into soft mangos. I haven't had mango lassi before...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1700 tasting notes
  • “So, when I had this cold brewed I didn't like it at all - and I blamed that on my general fickleness when it comes to mango/chamomile which are both key ingredients in this tisane. For that reason...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 2067 tasting notes
  • “Grr, I found a pot's worth of this hiding away in the very back of the cupboard. And here I thought I was done with it. Having no patience, I dumped the whole amount in a tiny tea bag and put in...” Read full tasting note
    CrowKettle 506 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Lassi come home

If you’re a lover of Indian food, chances are you’ve had a taste of a Mango Lassi. If not, it’s time you got acquainted. It’s a deliciously creamy blend of fresh mango, yogurt and a hint of rosewater – just about the coolest, most satisfying drink around. And this rich, fruity blend is our homage to the classic. It blends sweet, succulent mango with creamy vanilla and a floral hint of honey-kissed Egyptian chamomile. Our advice? Try it as an iced latte…or blend it into your next smoothie.

Ingredients: Mango, chamomile, orange peel, vanilla bean, vanilla extract.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I have this one a few times. First time it tasted a bit weird. Now it’s really starting to grow on me. I don’t like a plain chamomile tea and so for all the chamomile teas I’ve had this one would be the best. The sweet juicy mango blends well with the chamomile

205 °F / 96 °C

I am not a huge fan of chamomile. I don’t actively dislike it, but I would never reach for it. But Mango Lassi seems to take all the good parts of chamolmile, and add something special. I really like this tea. The flavor is predominantly chamomile, but with a soft sweet background, almost like candy.
It makes for a sweet tasty combination.

Surprisingly the mango is not at all prominent!

Boiling 1 tsp

Aroma: Creamy mango/vanilla
Liquor Color: Light orange-yellow
Liquor Flavor: Mango, vanilla, sweet, juicy, underlying chamomile flavor
Notes: It definitely tasted like a sweet creamy mango. Taste was pretty dead on. I’ve yet to try this cold but I think it would be better suited for a cold brew. Out of all the David’s teas I’ve tried this one is pretty good. Nice that it’s caffeine free so I can drink it before bed.

This smells incredible dry and tastes super yummy steeped with just a hint of sugar.

Will buy again!!!

The first time I had this tea, I sweetened it slightly. The most prominent flavor and scent to me was chamomile. After the chamomile, there was a strong citrus taste and vanilla last. The finish seemed to have more mango. I would have said that this tea would definitely not be a re-buy for me.

The second time I made it, I sweetened and also added milk. This totally changed the tea for me. The milk brought out the creaminess and toned down the chamomile and citrus- which is just what I wanted! I will re-buy!!

There is the perfect amount of sweetness from the mango, I think the chamomile helps to balance out all the fruity flavours, so that they aren’t so overpowering or too sweet. It also seems to bit a bit creamy; I love creamy teas! It is not particularly weak or strong, great as an iced tea, and hot as well. It’s so refreshing and really hits the spot when you’re thirsty :)

I also like this tea because doesn’t get too sweet or tangy if you let it steep for too long. It just stays the same (probably because it is an herbal infusion); it could probably steep all day!

Weird smelling tea, good smelling but weird. I know that doesn’t make sense but oh well lool. But I feel the same way about it’s taste. It’s creamy and great iced with milk and sugar. I tried putting it in my smoothie instead of milk and it’s really good that way. It’s an odd yet exceptional tea.

This is on par with Mango Madness for me, I think! Tried it hot as a TTG today (for being the last day of summer it was damn cold out!) and mmmmm. I rather enjoyed it! I don’t like a lot of fruit-based teas hot but I think that when it’s finally time to retire the iced teas for another season I’ll go and pick some of this to get my fruit fix. I’m starting to get a thing for teas infused with vanilla, so this will also work on that front.

I love Mango Lassi in Indian Restaurants (tip: get them to put a shot or two of white rum in it ;)) but that combo of sweet and creamy isn’t so great on the calorie front. So, I was anxious to get this home and try it out.

Conclusion: Yeah pretty good. It’s as close to “creamy” as a non-creamed tea can get which I guess is down to the vanilla bean addition. The mango taste is good though I’d prefer stronger if possible, some may disagree on that balance though.

I tried making another pot with the same tea and while obviously not as strong it held up well. Good value.

I’ll drink again but as it’s a herbal rather than a real tea I would do so sparingly.