Mango Lassi

Herbal Tea
Chamomile, Mango, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Orange Peel, Vanilla Bean, Vanilla Extract
Herbs, Mango, Vanilla, Creamy, Floral, Cream, Fruity
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

• “Wow this is soo good tonight! I steeped it for 7 minutes and added in some milk and honey..delicious! Comforting to the max! I am celebrating being done my course (part 1 of it, I might take part...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 989 tasting notes
  • “Oh! This isn't what I expected. I don't know _what_ I expected but... this is so good. It's warm and juicy and it makes me think that I'm biting into soft mangos. I haven't had mango lassi before...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1700 tasting notes
  • “So, when I had this cold brewed I didn't like it at all - and I blamed that on my general fickleness when it comes to mango/chamomile which are both key ingredients in this tisane. For that reason...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 2265 tasting notes
  • “Grr, I found a pot's worth of this hiding away in the very back of the cupboard. And here I thought I was done with it. Having no patience, I dumped the whole amount in a tiny tea bag and put in...” Read full tasting note
    CrowKettle 508 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Lassi come home

If you’re a lover of Indian food, chances are you’ve had a taste of a Mango Lassi. If not, it’s time you got acquainted. It’s a deliciously creamy blend of fresh mango, yogurt and a hint of rosewater – just about the coolest, most satisfying drink around. And this rich, fruity blend is our homage to the classic. It blends sweet, succulent mango with creamy vanilla and a floral hint of honey-kissed Egyptian chamomile. Our advice? Try it as an iced latte…or blend it into your next smoothie.

Ingredients: Mango, chamomile, orange peel, vanilla bean, vanilla extract.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Second time I’ve had this. I’m really trying to decide if I love it or not. I’m really not sure.

The camomile seems to be the most predominate flavour I’ve found so far. it’s got a bit of mango, but I find it hides behind the camomile. I use to drink straight camomile tea, but I got out of that. I started to realize that I didn’t like it the same anymore after a bit. So, to drink it now, is kind of weird for me. I haven’t had it in years.

So, I do wish the mango was stronger, but I’m okay with it. Either way… I don’t think I’d get this one again. I have quite a bit of it still so I’ll be good for a while.

Coldbrewed. This is…okay. Just okay. It’s juicy enough and I loved the first sip, but as the cup goes on, it’s less and less tasty. It’s got a weird taste to it that I’m going to assume is the chamomile, as I’m not overly familiar with it. My next cup will be a sipdown and that is more than okay with me.

VariaTEA

I also had an issue with the chamomile in this. It got to a point where even the smell was off putting.

DaisyChubb

Yep I have to agree with the chamomile in this one! Reminds me of the old dulce & banana but without the strong banana flavour it’s just offputting haha – finishing the bag will be a struggle! The struggle is real!

Cattibrie

Thanks for the info. This is now off my list to try. Chamomile is just not a flavour I like.

Roswell Strange

I struggled with this one too.

aisling of tea

Well, I just dumped the rest of my bag into my mason jar to steep for tomorrow, so yay for getting rid of it. I find that I’m more willing to drink a tea if it’s coldbrewed because I made myself get used to drinking massive amounts of cold water when I was working. And this way it’s done and Future Rita’s problem, because I hate to waste tea, so I’ll drink it and curse Past Rita the whole time XD

DaisyChubb

oo good idea! maybe it’ll mellow out a bit coldbrewed, think I’ll follow your lead for the rest of my bag too

aisling of tea

Good luck to you!!

I love how whenever I want to have a massive tea drinking day, it never happens.
I gotta start buckling down on my caffeine intake.
Did you know that I’m on doctor’s orders to cut caffeinated tea out of my life because I have… heart problems? Hhaha I’m terrible and I don’t listen. I told my doctor that I LOVE tea and I can’t just cut it out so he’s like “Just limit it to one cup of black tea a week but that’s it. Only stick to herbals” and look at where I’m at now haha.

Soooo I’m going to stop drinking my caffeinated teas starting at 7pm and go on with my herbals. Out of the 120 teas I have, I only own about 10 caffiene-free teas, which is actually quite sad. Than you shmiracles for sending this tea my way! Actually, I think it was supposed to be some sort of surprise, but I texted her a couple days ago about DAVIDs Spring Collection and she was all By the way, I sent you teas and things and I was all WOW OKAY. A lot of my teas are either sipdowns, or I’ve already given them to her so yeah. Gotta wait a while till I get more new teas hehe :)

Can I just buy like ten pounds of this tea and throw it in my bathtub, please. Dude. I just wanna bathe in this tea because it SMELLS SO GOOD. Nice and fruity and lovely and THE MANGO. I’ve never had tea with mango in it and I’m quite excited! I’m Filipino so I kinda have to love mango! I visited the Philippines a while back and I’d have one or two mangoes a day because.. dude. Philippine mangoes are like 5000% better than the ones we sell in America okay.

The tea itself is actually really nice! It would have done better with either less or no chamomile at all, though. Chamomile is good! But it definitely overpowers the tartness of the mango I JUST WANT MORE TART. It has a bit of a bite which I love because MANGO.

I’m probably going to see how this does as a cold brew. I’ll set it up tonight and grab it in the morning before class :)

Boiling 5 min, 15 sec 3 g 8 OZ / 236 ML
Hello.Kiki

hmmm, a tea bath, lol I’m sure there’s fancy soap somewhere that is tea infused!

jump62359

Dude. I’ve seen those before and I wanna try it!
One night, I was just annoyed with everything so I decided to throw my used tealeaves into a bucket and poured warm water over it and soaked my feet to relax a bit. Don’t know if it was just me, but my feet definitely came out super soft :)

Hello.Kiki

I think LUSH might make a face mask with white tea in it! Now I kinda want to find out… :D

I have this one a few times. First time it tasted a bit weird. Now it’s really starting to grow on me. I don’t like a plain chamomile tea and so for all the chamomile teas I’ve had this one would be the best. The sweet juicy mango blends well with the chamomile

205 °F / 96 °C

I am not a huge fan of chamomile. I don’t actively dislike it, but I would never reach for it. But Mango Lassi seems to take all the good parts of chamolmile, and add something special. I really like this tea. The flavor is predominantly chamomile, but with a soft sweet background, almost like candy.
It makes for a sweet tasty combination.

Surprisingly the mango is not at all prominent!

Boiling 1 tsp

Aroma: Creamy mango/vanilla
Liquor Color: Light orange-yellow
Liquor Flavor: Mango, vanilla, sweet, juicy, underlying chamomile flavor
Notes: It definitely tasted like a sweet creamy mango. Taste was pretty dead on. I’ve yet to try this cold but I think it would be better suited for a cold brew. Out of all the David’s teas I’ve tried this one is pretty good. Nice that it’s caffeine free so I can drink it before bed.

This smells incredible dry and tastes super yummy steeped with just a hint of sugar.

Will buy again!!!

The first time I had this tea, I sweetened it slightly. The most prominent flavor and scent to me was chamomile. After the chamomile, there was a strong citrus taste and vanilla last. The finish seemed to have more mango. I would have said that this tea would definitely not be a re-buy for me.

The second time I made it, I sweetened and also added milk. This totally changed the tea for me. The milk brought out the creaminess and toned down the chamomile and citrus- which is just what I wanted! I will re-buy!!

There is the perfect amount of sweetness from the mango, I think the chamomile helps to balance out all the fruity flavours, so that they aren’t so overpowering or too sweet. It also seems to bit a bit creamy; I love creamy teas! It is not particularly weak or strong, great as an iced tea, and hot as well. It’s so refreshing and really hits the spot when you’re thirsty :)

I also like this tea because doesn’t get too sweet or tangy if you let it steep for too long. It just stays the same (probably because it is an herbal infusion); it could probably steep all day!

Weird smelling tea, good smelling but weird. I know that doesn’t make sense but oh well lool. But I feel the same way about it’s taste. It’s creamy and great iced with milk and sugar. I tried putting it in my smoothie instead of milk and it’s really good that way. It’s an odd yet exceptional tea.