Raspberry Nectar (organic)

Fruit Herbal Honeybush Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From DAVIDsTEA

So delicious

Looking for the ultimate fruity dessert tea? This one is light, fresh and delectable. It brings together organic raspberries, sweet honeybush, tart lemongrass and natural citrus essence for a deliciously refreshing taste experience. Plus you’ll love the golden rose colour. Try it hot or iced. Or with a dark chocolate truffle. Caffeine-free.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Well, at least I’m not alone in thinking this tastes like straight-up rooibos. That’s okay, because it is predominantly, but I get only a very little raspberry. There is some added tartness and I can sense the lemongrass but it’s more a feeling on my tongue than a flavour. Medicinal! Yikes. But, not horrendous. I finished my cup, albeit in gulps.

After a day of nothing tasting good to me, this came the closest. That said, it tastes nothing like raspberries. It’s pretty much a straight rooibos.

It’s generally mild and inoffensive. I might try this cold or mixed with lemonade. By itself, it doesn’t really stand out.

Boiling 8 min or more

Although the dry notes come out as Raspberry, the rooibos is strongly there. Once brewed it looses some of that Raspberry smell & the majority of the raspberry taste. The rooibos is again at the forefront of this tea.

I like that tea! It’s so juicy! it feels refreshing to me, because of the lemongrass I think. Love it iced, never tried it hot. But it’s leaving the permanent collection! Bouhouhouuuu :’(

Wait, I bought the Raspberry rooibos, right? checks package Yup, okay. So it wasn’t just that my cup didn’t get a solid rinse. I am tasting rooibos with like a drop of raspberry. Add triple the fruit flavours/ingredients, and this might be an awesome tea. Right now, it is way too strong of a rooibos for me.

Has a smell reminiscent of… cough drops?

When I bought this the sales ladies couldn’t agree on which was better: Green & Fruity or Raspberry Nectar. So, I bought both. I tried to like this one, I really did, but it just always seems to come out tasting medicinal and not like tea at all. I have tried it both hot and iced, and the only way I can tolerate it at all is when it is iced, but I still don’t really enjoy it. So, what am I supposed to do with the rest of the bag?

Le sigh.

It’s great mixed with goji pop for an iced tea. 3 parts raspberry nector, 1 part goji pop and taste like strawberry jam.

I’ve never had this tea hot, but I think that it’s perfect iced. Considering that its got rooibos in it, which is supposed to be a good alternative to sports drinks, this is my ‘after-workout’ go to. I usually just put double the amount of tea in a tea bag, tie it off, and let it sit in the tea pitcher overnight. That being said, the flavor is much stronger the next day, than it was when I first made it. I don’t get too much raspberry out of it, more of the rooibos flavor, but I’m ok with that. I don’t know if I’ll try this hot or not…

Iced 8 min or more

Mixed this with spearmint in hopes of a raspberry mojito….got a weird-tasting cough drop instead. I like the two separately, but I don’t think I’ll combine them again.

Uniquity

Ah, good to know. I’ve considered adding mint to it. Maybe I’ll throw it in one of my straight up berry teas and see what happens.

Is it just me or does this tea taste nothing like raspberries? I am so disappointed. :(