The Perfect Tea Mug, 12 oz (Glass)

Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by True Foodie At Heart

From DAVIDsTEA

So what makes this mug so perfect? Well, aside from being the perfect size and shape, it comes with a fine, stainless steel infuser that fits right into it. Plus it has a lid, the ultimate tea-steeping accessory. Lids keep all the aroma and heat in the cup, for an even better tea experience. And when you’re done steeping, just use the lid as a little plate for the infuser – how perfect is that? Dishwasher safe. Microwave safe, except for metal infuser. (capacity: 12oz/380mL)

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I love this. It’s the perfect size for at work. It works perfectly and the mesh basket is really is fine, which I like. No floating baby leaves in my tea!

The only thing that I wish were different is that I wish the glass were a bit heavier. It just feel so delicate in the hand. The box says that it’s dishwasher and microwave safe, but I’m nervous because of the light weight of the glass. I’ll surely use only the top rack in the dishwasher, or just hand wash it.

Stephanie

I had one of these…it was great until I broke it! :(

True Foodie At Heart

Awe, that sucks! I had a feeling that it’s delicate. How did you break it?

Stephanie

Oh, I don’t remember…it was months ago. At least I still have the nice metal steeper! :)

I ordered two of these (yay, two for $30 sale!) last week and was so excited when these arrived! My fiance told me that they hadn’t been delivered when I asked, but I came home to find a DAVIDsTEA box with a smiley face on it in our dining room. Silly prankster.

Anyway, I got one of the clear Perfect Mugs and one from the fall collection. The one from the fall collection is definitely my favorite -glass feels thick and sturdy. The clear Perfect Mug is made from very thin glass. It feels like a beaker you’d find in a Chemistry classroom. I’m really worried I’m going to smash it, and regret not buying two of the fall collection mugs because those seem to be sturdier.

So far though, that’s my only complaint. These mugs are genius! I love how easy the infuser baskets are to clean, and the micro holes mean my tea doesn’t escape while brewing! The mug is a good size, even if I had to add more loose leaf than I normally would to get the desired flavor. All in all, this is one gadget I look forward to getting more of.

Meh, these are too small. I need 16 ounces for size. They look big, but they are just not. Sadly.