Currant Affair

Rooibos Tea
Stewed Fruits
Edit tea info Last updated by AJ

2 Images

• “Onto caffeine free teas for the evening. I forget how nice this rooibos is until I have it again lol, very fruity and a touch of cream. The red rooibos is a good base as it adds to the rich currant...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 825 tasting notes
  • “Backlog: OMGsrsly introduced me to the awesomeness of blackcurrants last spring. Those things smell. So. Good. The aroma of this rooibos blend is up to par, but the flavour isn't quite as sweet...” Read full tasting note
    CrowKettle 450 tasting notes
  • “Wow. I LOVE black currant flavoured things and have asked Davids off and on for over a year to make a good black currant tea. When cocoberry came out I was excited and then horrendously...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 676 tasting notes
  • “Too bad that *VariaTEA* didn't like this, but I'm happy she gave it to me. I don't mind mediciny-rooibos' flavours. And I'm happy that we made it through all the Black Friday/Cyber Monday...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1413 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Our currant favourite
In 11th century Russia, it was grown as a staple in monastery gardens. In 17th century Europe, it was made into a dark and delicious syrup to soothe sore throats. And in England during World War 2, it was the country’s top source of Vitamin C. We’re talking about the deliciously nutritious blackcurrant, quite possibly our favourite super-fruit. Try it for yourself with this velvety rich tea, a sweet and fruity blend of blackcurrants, blackberry leaves and super-healthy rooibos. It’ll be an instant love affair.

Ingredients: Rooibos, sweet blackberry leaves, blackcurrant, black currant and cream flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Wonderfully fruity without being overly tart. A characteristic I dislike in a lot of herbals and Rooibos blends. You can really taste the currants. More than just a catchy name!

I adore Currant Affair. Hot, iced, you name it! This tea reminds me of candy, without that hurt-your-teeth sweetness. Yummy!

I remember when I was younger when I would have a sore throat, I would take these black currant flavored lozenges. I didn’t even know what black current was at that point. This tea triggered my “flavor memories” or what ever you like to call them.

It tastes EXACTLY like those lozenges; very medicinal, and artificial. After a few sips, it became a bit sickening to drink. There was not even a trace of the rooibos. But I could imagine that if you had a sore throat, this would help it very much..

I bought this tea because I wanted to stock my cabinet, and the free sample I had of it was rather good. I made it at home, and used less than what the package said. That being said, the tea is strong, the blackcurrant is somewhat overwhelming. Lucky for me, I do like blackcurrant, at the beginning it has a rich, berry flavour – it has a bit of a medicinal aftertaste, however. I didn’t sweeten it, but I might try that to see if it helps, but it has plenty of flavour already and definitely doesn’t require sweetener.

Boiling

I’m a little wary of rooibos blends, but since this one was a fruit-based one, I decided to go for it… and I was definitely pleasantly surprised! Definitely a unique taste.