Mint To Be (Organic)

Black Tea Leaves, Coconut, Cornflower Petals, Natural Flavours, Peppermint
Cream, Mint, Coconut, Peppermint, Nutty, Tannin, Vanilla, Chocolate, Caramel, Corn Husk, Flowers, Honey, Pine
Medium
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by De

2 Images

• “The moment of truth...this tea is not how I remembered it. Not drastically different but not the same either. I recalled this being a York peppermint patty. Instead there is a stronger dark...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1962 tasting notes
  • “This I just had to try ASAP. For one, I'm a coconut whore, and secondly, I love mint. So theoretically, this should be a win, right? The dry leaf is mostly pepperminty, kind of like an After...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 826 tasting notes
  • “ The dry leaf for this tea smells so, so good. It smells like everything i'd hoped Santa's secret would smell like but didn't. I found Santa's secret to taste like a very generic, mint black tea. I...” Read full tasting note
    keychange 451 tasting notes
  • “I tried this as a sample when it had no name, but thought I would order a bag to try again and form a real opinion. Firstly, good lord has my steeping skills improved since I first brewed this up!...” Read full tasting note
    mewakeling 505 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

It’s no secret that some of our best ideas come from our customers. So when you guys asked David for a minty black tea, he knew he had to deliver. He took a rich base of black tea and cool peppermint, and added a creamy hint of coconut. To top it all off, he asked our customers to help him name it. We got tons of amazing name ideas, then everyone voted for their fave. We hope you all love the result as much as we do. Trust us – you and this tea are simply mint to be together.

Ingredients: organic black tea, peppermint, blue cornflower petals, coconut flakes. With natural flavouring.

Allergens: coconut

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I have drunk so many new teas in the last few days but I haven’t had time to log them… Oh well, I’ll do it next time, when it’s my second try!

This one is my first try . The smell of the dry leaf was not as nice as I expected, but I like the smell of the brewed tea. Both this smell and the taste remind me of Santa’s Secret, which is one of my favorite, probably because the coconut makes it very creamy and the peppermint is quite strong with a nice black base. I like it a lot, but since I have a 100g tin of Santa’s Secret I won’t need to buy any more soon :)

The new tea pages demand that I update them. Anyway, this was good – not amazing, not out of this world, not new and daring, but good. It reminded me of the creamy mint taste of my long-discontinued favourite Opposites Attract. Solid mint black tea. Left my tongue a little tingly.

I’m excited to say that this was the 130th tea I’ve tried from David’s Tea! I’m also excited to say that it was a really enjoyable cup of tea! Like other reviews have mentioned, the peppermint is definitely more overpowering than the coconut. The coconut makes the blend more creamy than a simple peppermint blend (it really makes it taste like the centre of a peppermint patty). This was a smooth blend and was really easy to drink (even later in the day). The dry leaves smell almost entirely of peppermint- which would be expected after seeing the ratio of peppermint to black tea and coconut in the blend. The taste is really true to the smell so if you like the way it smells you would probably also enjoy the taste. I will have no problem finishing the 20g sample I bought yesterday and will pick up a bit more to have on hand once that’s done. Overall really enjoyable.

Forget it. Keeps deleting my note.
I prefer white chocolate frost and read my lips.
Totally frustrated by this ridiculously counter intuitive rating scheme that doesn’t work like it used to on my tablet.
Phooey!

Yup. Minty.

I got this iced when it was the tea of the day sometime in August, and it was nice. If you like mint. I’m not a huge mint fan, so this was just kind of generically minty to me. I suppose I can recall there being some sort of creaminess underneath, and I definitely noticed the caffeine later – oops, should have checked for that before getting it in the evening. Bah! Who needs sleep? Anyhow, it was refreshing and clean tasting and was the right thing to combat the heat of the day, but I don’t know that I would buy any, especially given that most people expect mint “tea” to be tea-free, heh.

If you love mint and want a bit of a caffeine pick-me-up, too, this is your dude right here.

Flavors: Cream, Mint

Iced

My last cup of this. And what a way to go out! Smooth, creamy, sweet. As always, it reminds me a bit of Cocomint Cream, without the sour bite that that blend sometimes brought in to play. Yum. I might have to get some more of this.

So I just tried this tea.

I think it’s one of my favourite teas from this company. It’s organic, so unlike a lot of other teas from David’s Tea it’s sweet without having the occasional artificial tint.

It has peppermint, black tea, cornflowers and coconut. It’s got this really cool, minty, fresh, creamy sweetness. It feels like quite a well-balanced tea. It smells really strong and sweet – it was almost overwhelming when I had a look at the loose-leaf mixture.

But don’t worry – it has a really lovely flavour. I didn’t put any honey or sugar in it – it was sweet enough, but feel free to experiment. I didn’t put any milk in it because of the mint base, but there’s that option too.

This is a welcome addition to my cupboard, and I was pleasantly surprised by this tea.

Flavors: Coconut, Cream, Mint, Peppermint

This was a surprisingly delicious iced flavor on tap today at the David’s Tea Store. Both mint and cream have strong forward flavors, with the coconut being slightly subdued. The mint is a cold mint, like peppermint, which lends to it being tasty when brewed cold. The coconut adds a nutty and oddly buttery flavor to the end of the sip, but the aftertaste is still pleasant cream/mint with some black tea tannins. I bet when this is hot or with some milk and sugar it would be like its own dessert. As usual, David’s Tea flavors are very sweet, even without any additions. This was an excellent break from their fruity/carnival madness happening so far this summer. I love a more classic black tea now and then.

UPDATE: A big bag (250g? I think) is on sale on the David’s Tea website so I ordered up this blend to have in my cupboard at home. Excited :)

Flavors: Coconut, Cream, Mint, Nutty, Peppermint, Tannin, Vanilla

Every time I drink this I like it more and more. How can a tea be so creamy with no milk or cream in it? I just wish the peppermint was just a bit less intense – it borders on overwhelming the other notes in the tea.

A little sad to see so many folks who just aren’t in to this tea!

I love Mint to Be. I love the tingling feeling mint leaves in my mouth, and how refreshing it feels going down. I especially love the caramel/butterscotch/Werther’s candy taste this tea has! Honestly, that butterscotchy taste is a better selling point to me than the mint – I suppose it just didn’t make as good of a pun as “Mint to Be” did. I definitely can’t tell what the coconut is supposed to be doing in here, however. Perhaps it adds to the creamyness?

Flavors: Caramel