Mint To Be (Organic)

Black Tea Leaves, Coconut, Cornflower Petals, Natural Flavours, Peppermint
Coconut, Peppermint, Butterscotch, Caramel, Chocolate, Dark Chocolate, Mint, Cream, Nutty, Tannin, Vanilla, Corn Husk, Flowers, Honey, Pine
Medium
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by De

2 Images

• “The moment of truth...this tea is not how I remembered it. Not drastically different but not the same either. I recalled this being a York peppermint patty. Instead there is a stronger dark...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2155 tasting notes
  • “This I just had to try ASAP. For one, I'm a coconut whore, and secondly, I love mint. So theoretically, this should be a win, right? The dry leaf is mostly pepperminty, kind of like an After...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 966 tasting notes
  • “ The dry leaf for this tea smells so, so good. It smells like everything i'd hoped Santa's secret would smell like but didn't. I found Santa's secret to taste like a very generic, mint black tea. I...” Read full tasting note
    keychange 451 tasting notes
  • “I tried this as a sample when it had no name, but thought I would order a bag to try again and form a real opinion. Firstly, good lord has my steeping skills improved since I first brewed this up!...” Read full tasting note
    mewakeling 506 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

It’s no secret that some of our best ideas come from our customers. So when you guys asked David for a minty black tea, he knew he had to deliver. He took a rich base of black tea and cool peppermint, and added a creamy hint of coconut. To top it all off, he asked our customers to help him name it. We got tons of amazing name ideas, then everyone voted for their fave. We hope you all love the result as much as we do. Trust us – you and this tea are simply mint to be together.

Ingredients: organic black tea, peppermint, blue cornflower petals, coconut flakes. With natural flavouring.

Allergens: coconut

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I have drunk so many new teas in the last few days but I haven’t had time to log them… Oh well, I’ll do it next time, when it’s my second try!

This one is my first try . The smell of the dry leaf was not as nice as I expected, but I like the smell of the brewed tea. Both this smell and the taste remind me of Santa’s Secret, which is one of my favorite, probably because the coconut makes it very creamy and the peppermint is quite strong with a nice black base. I like it a lot, but since I have a 100g tin of Santa’s Secret I won’t need to buy any more soon :)

The new tea pages demand that I update them. Anyway, this was good – not amazing, not out of this world, not new and daring, but good. It reminded me of the creamy mint taste of my long-discontinued favourite Opposites Attract. Solid mint black tea. Left my tongue a little tingly.

I’m excited to say that this was the 130th tea I’ve tried from David’s Tea! I’m also excited to say that it was a really enjoyable cup of tea! Like other reviews have mentioned, the peppermint is definitely more overpowering than the coconut. The coconut makes the blend more creamy than a simple peppermint blend (it really makes it taste like the centre of a peppermint patty). This was a smooth blend and was really easy to drink (even later in the day). The dry leaves smell almost entirely of peppermint- which would be expected after seeing the ratio of peppermint to black tea and coconut in the blend. The taste is really true to the smell so if you like the way it smells you would probably also enjoy the taste. I will have no problem finishing the 20g sample I bought yesterday and will pick up a bit more to have on hand once that’s done. Overall really enjoyable.

Forget it. Keeps deleting my note.
I prefer white chocolate frost and read my lips.
Totally frustrated by this ridiculously counter intuitive rating scheme that doesn’t work like it used to on my tablet.
Phooey!

A decent tea.. usually not a fan of mint teas but this one was not overly minty and had a nice coconut undertone

Flavors: Coconut, Peppermint

200 °F / 93 °C
Chris Coppens

Sounds good, I would definitely like to try it sometime!

I love mint teas. I find them very comforting. When I got this in my 12 Days of Tea from DAVIDsTEA I was excited to try it. Then I got really confused. I had two tins of Mint to Be in the collection, but I was missing Cream of Earl Grey. Dry, the two look similar, so it was kind of hard to differentiate between the two in such small containers and I couldn’t tell if they were the same or if CoEG was placed in the wrong tin. It was kind of a hassle and I thought I had it figured out the other day when I wanted to have a minty tea….except it was CoEG. I can’t win! Today I decided I’d try this one, which is now clearly Mint to Be.

I don’t really smell mint in this dry tea. I don’t know what it smells like. To me, it smells similar to CoEG, but that could just be because of the confusion with the two tins (haha). I didn’t smell much mint or coconut really, so I wasn’t sure what to expect.

I made this as a hot tea. When I make my teas hot, the tea bag stays in for a long time. I’m not into timing my tea and taking the water temperature…too much work for me. Plus, I like my tea really strong.

I don’t understand this tea at all. It isn’t awful. I don’t taste mint until after I have taken a sip…its more of an aftertaste to me. Also, I find this tea kind of chocolatey, and I’m not a huge fan of chocolate flavored things that aren’t chocolates. I don’t taste coconut at all. Also, it kind of tasted like caramel to me. I was expecting this to be a lot mintier than it is, so I was kind of disappointed.

I’ve seen that a lot of people have compared it to Read My Lips and Santa’s Secret. I’ve never had Read My Lips, but Santa’s Secret is one of my favorites. If I had to choose between Santa’s Secret and Mint to Be, I’d pick Santa’s Secret in a heartbeat. It is mintier and creamier. Mint to Be just isn’t living up to my expectations.

Flavors: Butterscotch, Caramel, Chocolate, Dark Chocolate, Mint

I got a sampler of this tea in a Christmas set purchased in November 2014 at the Grande Prairie, AB Davidstea. It’s lovely, but next time I will definitely steep it longer.

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

I’ve tried this tea before and liked it more. This time it seems not quite so minty or something. It wasn’t what I expected.

Flavors: Mint

Yup. Minty.

I got this iced when it was the tea of the day sometime in August, and it was nice. If you like mint. I’m not a huge mint fan, so this was just kind of generically minty to me. I suppose I can recall there being some sort of creaminess underneath, and I definitely noticed the caffeine later – oops, should have checked for that before getting it in the evening. Bah! Who needs sleep? Anyhow, it was refreshing and clean tasting and was the right thing to combat the heat of the day, but I don’t know that I would buy any, especially given that most people expect mint “tea” to be tea-free, heh.

If you love mint and want a bit of a caffeine pick-me-up, too, this is your dude right here.

Flavors: Cream, Mint

Iced

My last cup of this. And what a way to go out! Smooth, creamy, sweet. As always, it reminds me a bit of Cocomint Cream, without the sour bite that that blend sometimes brought in to play. Yum. I might have to get some more of this.