Mint To Be (Organic)

Black Tea Leaves, Coconut, Cornflower Petals, Natural Flavours, Peppermint
Mint, Cream, Coconut, Peppermint, Nutty, Tannin, Vanilla, Chocolate, Caramel, Corn Husk, Flowers, Honey, Pine
Medium
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by De

2 Images

• “The moment of truth...this tea is not how I remembered it. Not drastically different but not the same either. I recalled this being a York peppermint patty. Instead there is a stronger dark...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2005 tasting notes
  • “This I just had to try ASAP. For one, I'm a coconut whore, and secondly, I love mint. So theoretically, this should be a win, right? The dry leaf is mostly pepperminty, kind of like an After...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 848 tasting notes
  • “ The dry leaf for this tea smells so, so good. It smells like everything i'd hoped Santa's secret would smell like but didn't. I found Santa's secret to taste like a very generic, mint black tea. I...” Read full tasting note
    keychange 451 tasting notes
  • “I tried this as a sample when it had no name, but thought I would order a bag to try again and form a real opinion. Firstly, good lord has my steeping skills improved since I first brewed this up!...” Read full tasting note
    mewakeling 506 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

It’s no secret that some of our best ideas come from our customers. So when you guys asked David for a minty black tea, he knew he had to deliver. He took a rich base of black tea and cool peppermint, and added a creamy hint of coconut. To top it all off, he asked our customers to help him name it. We got tons of amazing name ideas, then everyone voted for their fave. We hope you all love the result as much as we do. Trust us – you and this tea are simply mint to be together.

Ingredients: organic black tea, peppermint, blue cornflower petals, coconut flakes. With natural flavouring.

Allergens: coconut

About DAVIDsTEA View company

A little sad to see so many folks who just aren’t in to this tea!

I love Mint to Be. I love the tingling feeling mint leaves in my mouth, and how refreshing it feels going down. I especially love the caramel/butterscotch/Werther’s candy taste this tea has! Honestly, that butterscotchy taste is a better selling point to me than the mint – I suppose it just didn’t make as good of a pun as “Mint to Be” did. I definitely can’t tell what the coconut is supposed to be doing in here, however. Perhaps it adds to the creamyness?

Flavors: Caramel

From TTTTB: This is good! I am partial to mint as peppermint is something that started me in on tea :). It pairs nicely with the black tea in it. I may add this to a future DavidsTea order.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML
Gabriela

I love this tea. I agree, mint does it for me.

For a product marketed as a consumers-choice experiment, I was honestly expecting this tea to be a messy combination of flavours without any balance or harmony whose taste would reflect its lack of care or craftsmanship. I took a cup home once it was named and was blown away. True to a black tea, it carries a dominant base backing coconut and cane sugar flavours on the nose and tongue, but finishes with a 50/50 balanced, simple yet prominent mint that dances all the way down your throat to cool the belly. Appeals to both the seasoned, former-coffee drinker with a heavier palette (that’s me) and the tea newbie looking for strong flavours that are familiar and easy to identify. A fan favourite, and therefore an obvious consumers’ choice. Well done David!

Flavors: Caramel, Corn Husk, Flowers, Honey, Pine

I’ve only got 2 black tea samples left to try and of the two this is the one that called to me more. I was really interested in seeing how it stacked up to Santa’s Secret and Read my Lips (both of which I love for different reasons.) But I have to say that first sniff really didn’t draw me in like I was hoping… the peppermint was very strong and almost harsh in it’s scent, while the coconut (I think) was giving it an odd tang that didn’t quite sit well for me. Deep underneath I found a few chocolate notes too but aside from that I didn’t get a lot from the black tea.

The brewed tea was a clear medium brown and I found that the peppermint basically took over the scent profile. At one point I got a hint of chocolate from the black tea and there’s a touch of creamy coconut way at the “bottom” but you really have to “look” for it to find it.

Flavor wise; lots of peppermint (which is great I love mint) but it’s a bit harsher than some of the other peppermints that I’ve had from DT, just not as smooth. I don’t really get much from the corn flowers and the coconut is a bit odd to me, there but not and it’s leaving a not very pleasant tang in my mouth that isn’t quite covered over by the peppermint. The black tea is nice though, dark and rich as promised but I have to hunt for the flavors a bit, it’s definitely more of a “base” tea rather than an equal ingredient in the blend.

Overall though? I’m not a fan, and while it’s certainly not a horrible tea, it will be going on my swap pile.

Another tea saved by a touch of milk and honey! Amazing! I was happy to pass by this one when I tried it straight, but now that I’ve worked out how to work it, I’m sad that my sample is done with.

This tea puts me back up to 200 teas….so much for being under 200! I knew it wouldn’t last too long!
And this is tasting note 750!!!!

I really enjoyed the combination of coconut and mint with the black tea, but I found there to be a bitter aftertaste. What is it with me incorrectly brewing blacks lately?
My bad, I will try to brew this for less time and at a lower temp.

WOOHOO!!!! grats on 750 notes!

Fjellrev

Congratulations!

keychange

yeah yeah 750 notes!!

Had another cup of this one – love the creaminess, but it’s almost a bit too minty for me. Particularly the re-steep, which had good flavour, but was a bit like drinking a peppermint out of a cup.

Boiling 2 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I haven’t done a review of this tea yet, but have had at least 3 cups since I purchased it last Wednesday. Simply put, I really like it! It reminds me of White Chocolate Frost but with less mint and a much more natural cream flavor from coconut rather than white chocolate. It will hopefully wake me up on this horrendous Monday that happens to have Daylight Savings attached to it. Ugh, up an hour early? Not my thing. Ugh well I will drink tea and work on stuff and hopefully not doze off at my desk. Yummy tea! I will do a more in depth review later, but it’s creamy, tasty, and good. And I could totally restock this one!

Aimee Popovacki

lol i find all their mint teas (minus spearmint, and mint julep) have a similar taste.. and its not a taste i enjoy too much.. :(

MissLena

They do have a similar taste, this one I can also liken to Santa’s Secret lol, but I don’t mind their mint so all good for me! I wasn’t a fan of Mint Julep lol too much going on in it for my taste, or I got a funny batch lol

Aimee Popovacki

yeah, i found mint julep was good sometimes and weird sometimes… i hated cocomint cream and white chocolate frost lol.. i’m good with santa’s secret though so i might like this one.

well this tea isn’t nearly as weird tasting as i thought it would be!
haha.
bam!
it really is just a hint of coconut. and i love davidstea secret santa so yay mint. a mint black tea is kinda good at any time of the day.
it’s REALLY great that Cavocorax sent me such a hearty bag of this tea!

actually, she sent me a hearty box of ALL THE TEAAAZ!
like seriously. a cray cray amount of tea.
and she can try to say it’s because i’m sharing it with oddree but let’s get real, it was enough for a small family. or an army. a tea army. (make tea, not war!)

Cavocorax

It was really fun packing your box. I made a special trip to DAVIDs just because I saw oddree had Chocolate Orange on her wishlist and I threw in a few extras bc I wasn’t sure how often you could hit a DT. I bought a mason jar on that trip so it wasn’t completely selfless. :D

I felt a little bad for sending this bcause I bought myself a sample when I bought yours and my first cup made me think of toothpaste and that was NOT what I was trying to send to you, but it was already packaed when I tried mine. :D

It has a beautiful and inviting aroma.The first thing I taste is a kind of Buttered Rum taste; the two teas have almost the same ingredients. The only difference is the peppermint, which is cool and smooth, and comes mostly in the after taste. The coconut is also a little more prominent in this tea, which give it a slight sweetness, but this can easily turn bitter if you it steep too long.

I just adore this tea, I will definitely be getting some more soon :) Drink up!