Mint To Be (Organic)

Black Tea Leaves, Coconut, Cornflower Petals, Natural Flavours, Peppermint
Creamy, Mint, Coconut, Peppermint, Butterscotch, Caramel, Chocolate, Dark Chocolate, Cream, Nutty, Tannin, Vanilla, Corn Husk, Flowers, Honey, Pine
Medium
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by De

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

It’s no secret that some of our best ideas come from our customers. So when you guys asked David for a minty black tea, he knew he had to deliver. He took a rich base of black tea and cool peppermint, and added a creamy hint of coconut. To top it all off, he asked our customers to help him name it. We got tons of amazing name ideas, then everyone voted for their fave. We hope you all love the result as much as we do. Trust us – you and this tea are simply mint to be together.

Ingredients: organic black tea, peppermint, blue cornflower petals, coconut flakes. With natural flavouring.

Allergens: coconut

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I’ve tried this tea before and liked it more. This time it seems not quite so minty or something. It wasn’t what I expected.

Flavors: Mint

Yup. Minty.

I got this iced when it was the tea of the day sometime in August, and it was nice. If you like mint. I’m not a huge mint fan, so this was just kind of generically minty to me. I suppose I can recall there being some sort of creaminess underneath, and I definitely noticed the caffeine later – oops, should have checked for that before getting it in the evening. Bah! Who needs sleep? Anyhow, it was refreshing and clean tasting and was the right thing to combat the heat of the day, but I don’t know that I would buy any, especially given that most people expect mint “tea” to be tea-free, heh.

If you love mint and want a bit of a caffeine pick-me-up, too, this is your dude right here.

Flavors: Cream, Mint

Iced

My last cup of this. And what a way to go out! Smooth, creamy, sweet. As always, it reminds me a bit of Cocomint Cream, without the sour bite that that blend sometimes brought in to play. Yum. I might have to get some more of this.

So I just tried this tea.

I think it’s one of my favourite teas from this company. It’s organic, so unlike a lot of other teas from David’s Tea it’s sweet without having the occasional artificial tint.

It has peppermint, black tea, cornflowers and coconut. It’s got this really cool, minty, fresh, creamy sweetness. It feels like quite a well-balanced tea. It smells really strong and sweet – it was almost overwhelming when I had a look at the loose-leaf mixture.

But don’t worry – it has a really lovely flavour. I didn’t put any honey or sugar in it – it was sweet enough, but feel free to experiment. I didn’t put any milk in it because of the mint base, but there’s that option too.

This is a welcome addition to my cupboard, and I was pleasantly surprised by this tea.

Flavors: Coconut, Cream, Mint, Peppermint

This was a surprisingly delicious iced flavor on tap today at the David’s Tea Store. Both mint and cream have strong forward flavors, with the coconut being slightly subdued. The mint is a cold mint, like peppermint, which lends to it being tasty when brewed cold. The coconut adds a nutty and oddly buttery flavor to the end of the sip, but the aftertaste is still pleasant cream/mint with some black tea tannins. I bet when this is hot or with some milk and sugar it would be like its own dessert. As usual, David’s Tea flavors are very sweet, even without any additions. This was an excellent break from their fruity/carnival madness happening so far this summer. I love a more classic black tea now and then.

UPDATE: A big bag (250g? I think) is on sale on the David’s Tea website so I ordered up this blend to have in my cupboard at home. Excited :)

Flavors: Coconut, Cream, Mint, Nutty, Peppermint, Tannin, Vanilla

Every time I drink this I like it more and more. How can a tea be so creamy with no milk or cream in it? I just wish the peppermint was just a bit less intense – it borders on overwhelming the other notes in the tea.

A little sad to see so many folks who just aren’t in to this tea!

I love Mint to Be. I love the tingling feeling mint leaves in my mouth, and how refreshing it feels going down. I especially love the caramel/butterscotch/Werther’s candy taste this tea has! Honestly, that butterscotchy taste is a better selling point to me than the mint – I suppose it just didn’t make as good of a pun as “Mint to Be” did. I definitely can’t tell what the coconut is supposed to be doing in here, however. Perhaps it adds to the creamyness?

Flavors: Caramel

From TTTTB: This is good! I am partial to mint as peppermint is something that started me in on tea :). It pairs nicely with the black tea in it. I may add this to a future DavidsTea order.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML
Gabriela

I love this tea. I agree, mint does it for me.

For a product marketed as a consumers-choice experiment, I was honestly expecting this tea to be a messy combination of flavours without any balance or harmony whose taste would reflect its lack of care or craftsmanship. I took a cup home once it was named and was blown away. True to a black tea, it carries a dominant base backing coconut and cane sugar flavours on the nose and tongue, but finishes with a 50/50 balanced, simple yet prominent mint that dances all the way down your throat to cool the belly. Appeals to both the seasoned, former-coffee drinker with a heavier palette (that’s me) and the tea newbie looking for strong flavours that are familiar and easy to identify. A fan favourite, and therefore an obvious consumers’ choice. Well done David!

Flavors: Caramel, Corn Husk, Flowers, Honey, Pine

I’ve only got 2 black tea samples left to try and of the two this is the one that called to me more. I was really interested in seeing how it stacked up to Santa’s Secret and Read my Lips (both of which I love for different reasons.) But I have to say that first sniff really didn’t draw me in like I was hoping… the peppermint was very strong and almost harsh in it’s scent, while the coconut (I think) was giving it an odd tang that didn’t quite sit well for me. Deep underneath I found a few chocolate notes too but aside from that I didn’t get a lot from the black tea.

The brewed tea was a clear medium brown and I found that the peppermint basically took over the scent profile. At one point I got a hint of chocolate from the black tea and there’s a touch of creamy coconut way at the “bottom” but you really have to “look” for it to find it.

Flavor wise; lots of peppermint (which is great I love mint) but it’s a bit harsher than some of the other peppermints that I’ve had from DT, just not as smooth. I don’t really get much from the corn flowers and the coconut is a bit odd to me, there but not and it’s leaving a not very pleasant tang in my mouth that isn’t quite covered over by the peppermint. The black tea is nice though, dark and rich as promised but I have to hunt for the flavors a bit, it’s definitely more of a “base” tea rather than an equal ingredient in the blend.

Overall though? I’m not a fan, and while it’s certainly not a horrible tea, it will be going on my swap pile.