Mint To Be (Organic)

Black Tea Leaves, Coconut, Cornflower Petals, Natural Flavours, Peppermint
Peppermint, Creamy, Mint, Coconut, Butterscotch, Caramel, Chocolate, Dark Chocolate, Cream, Nutty, Tannin, Vanilla, Corn Husk, Flowers, Honey, Pine
Edit tea info Last updated by De

2 Images

It’s no secret that some of our best ideas come from our customers. So when you guys asked David for a minty black tea, he knew he had to deliver. He took a rich base of black tea and cool peppermint, and added a creamy hint of coconut. To top it all off, he asked our customers to help him name it. We got tons of amazing name ideas, then everyone voted for their fave. We hope you all love the result as much as we do. Trust us – you and this tea are simply mint to be together.

Ingredients: organic black tea, peppermint, blue cornflower petals, coconut flakes. With natural flavouring.

Allergens: coconut

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I love mint teas. I find them very comforting. When I got this in my 12 Days of Tea from DAVIDsTEA I was excited to try it. Then I got really confused. I had two tins of Mint to Be in the collection, but I was missing Cream of Earl Grey. Dry, the two look similar, so it was kind of hard to differentiate between the two in such small containers and I couldn’t tell if they were the same or if CoEG was placed in the wrong tin. It was kind of a hassle and I thought I had it figured out the other day when I wanted to have a minty tea….except it was CoEG. I can’t win! Today I decided I’d try this one, which is now clearly Mint to Be.

I don’t really smell mint in this dry tea. I don’t know what it smells like. To me, it smells similar to CoEG, but that could just be because of the confusion with the two tins (haha). I didn’t smell much mint or coconut really, so I wasn’t sure what to expect.

I made this as a hot tea. When I make my teas hot, the tea bag stays in for a long time. I’m not into timing my tea and taking the water temperature…too much work for me. Plus, I like my tea really strong.

I don’t understand this tea at all. It isn’t awful. I don’t taste mint until after I have taken a sip…its more of an aftertaste to me. Also, I find this tea kind of chocolatey, and I’m not a huge fan of chocolate flavored things that aren’t chocolates. I don’t taste coconut at all. Also, it kind of tasted like caramel to me. I was expecting this to be a lot mintier than it is, so I was kind of disappointed.

I’ve seen that a lot of people have compared it to Read My Lips and Santa’s Secret. I’ve never had Read My Lips, but Santa’s Secret is one of my favorites. If I had to choose between Santa’s Secret and Mint to Be, I’d pick Santa’s Secret in a heartbeat. It is mintier and creamier. Mint to Be just isn’t living up to my expectations.

Flavors: Butterscotch, Caramel, Chocolate, Dark Chocolate, Mint

I got a sampler of this tea in a Christmas set purchased in November 2014 at the Grande Prairie, AB Davidstea. It’s lovely, but next time I will definitely steep it longer.

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

I’ve tried this tea before and liked it more. This time it seems not quite so minty or something. It wasn’t what I expected.

Flavors: Mint

Yup. Minty.

I got this iced when it was the tea of the day sometime in August, and it was nice. If you like mint. I’m not a huge mint fan, so this was just kind of generically minty to me. I suppose I can recall there being some sort of creaminess underneath, and I definitely noticed the caffeine later – oops, should have checked for that before getting it in the evening. Bah! Who needs sleep? Anyhow, it was refreshing and clean tasting and was the right thing to combat the heat of the day, but I don’t know that I would buy any, especially given that most people expect mint “tea” to be tea-free, heh.

If you love mint and want a bit of a caffeine pick-me-up, too, this is your dude right here.

Flavors: Cream, Mint

My last cup of this. And what a way to go out! Smooth, creamy, sweet. As always, it reminds me a bit of Cocomint Cream, without the sour bite that that blend sometimes brought in to play. Yum. I might have to get some more of this.

So I just tried this tea.

I think it’s one of my favourite teas from this company. It’s organic, so unlike a lot of other teas from David’s Tea it’s sweet without having the occasional artificial tint.

It has peppermint, black tea, cornflowers and coconut. It’s got this really cool, minty, fresh, creamy sweetness. It feels like quite a well-balanced tea. It smells really strong and sweet – it was almost overwhelming when I had a look at the loose-leaf mixture.

But don’t worry – it has a really lovely flavour. I didn’t put any honey or sugar in it – it was sweet enough, but feel free to experiment. I didn’t put any milk in it because of the mint base, but there’s that option too.

This is a welcome addition to my cupboard, and I was pleasantly surprised by this tea.

Flavors: Coconut, Cream, Mint, Peppermint

This was a surprisingly delicious iced flavor on tap today at the David’s Tea Store. Both mint and cream have strong forward flavors, with the coconut being slightly subdued. The mint is a cold mint, like peppermint, which lends to it being tasty when brewed cold. The coconut adds a nutty and oddly buttery flavor to the end of the sip, but the aftertaste is still pleasant cream/mint with some black tea tannins. I bet when this is hot or with some milk and sugar it would be like its own dessert. As usual, David’s Tea flavors are very sweet, even without any additions. This was an excellent break from their fruity/carnival madness happening so far this summer. I love a more classic black tea now and then.

UPDATE: A big bag (250g? I think) is on sale on the David’s Tea website so I ordered up this blend to have in my cupboard at home. Excited :)

Flavors: Coconut, Cream, Mint, Nutty, Peppermint, Tannin, Vanilla

Every time I drink this I like it more and more. How can a tea be so creamy with no milk or cream in it? I just wish the peppermint was just a bit less intense – it borders on overwhelming the other notes in the tea.

A little sad to see so many folks who just aren’t in to this tea!

I love Mint to Be. I love the tingling feeling mint leaves in my mouth, and how refreshing it feels going down. I especially love the caramel/butterscotch/Werther’s candy taste this tea has! Honestly, that butterscotchy taste is a better selling point to me than the mint – I suppose it just didn’t make as good of a pun as “Mint to Be” did. I definitely can’t tell what the coconut is supposed to be doing in here, however. Perhaps it adds to the creamyness?

Flavors: Caramel

From TTTTB: This is good! I am partial to mint as peppermint is something that started me in on tea :). It pairs nicely with the black tea in it. I may add this to a future DavidsTea order.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I love this tea. I agree, mint does it for me.