Choconut Oolong

Black Oolong Blend
Black Tea, Cocoa Beans, Cocoa Husks, Licorice, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Oolong Tea
Caramel, Cocoa, Coffee, Cream, Licorice, Roasted nuts, Chocolate, Nuts, Anise, Dark Chocolate, Honey
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

Nuts for chocolate

David was eating breakfast: toast with chocolate hazelnut spread and a cup of oolong tea. He took a bite, then a sip. Then he got that look in his eye. A light bulb went off. Why not combine the two? Rich, dark chocolate. Smooth-drinking oolong. And just a hint of hazelnut. The result? Sweet, satisfying and a little bit nutty. It’s the perfect breakfast and the perfect tea, all rolled into one.

Ingredients: Oolong tea, cocoa husks, cocoa beans, black tea, liquorice, natural hazelnut flavouring, artificial cream, chocolate and caramel flavouring .

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Flavours are not balanced well. The licorice is far too strong. The chocolate notes are quite bitter and dilute.There is something very artificial and chemical-tasting. I am a person who generally really enjoys licorice. The tasty aroma of the dry leaf does not translate into the flavour

Thanks to Kittenna for sharing her sample with me!

Interesting – I think I would have enjoyed it without the licorice-sweet aftertaste.

I agree. It didn’t really fit in with the overall flavour profile.

Yeah ok second infusion was just licorice on top of licorice. Maybe it’s all in my head. Wait nope I just read a handful of reviews and I’m not alone in the licorice root sadness. Hurrah!

Flavors: Licorice

I thought I was going to love this tea. It sounds magical, chocolate and hazelnut, purported to taste like nutella….

Sadly, it is not so delicious. It smells both good and not… It smells like chocolate, but there is something off to the smell.

Everytime I drink it, there is something that completely turns me off.

Yesterday I figured out what it was, I re-read the ingredients list and discovered my nemisis, black tea.

It gives the whole thing this sickly sweet offputting flavor.

Sadly, even without the black tea, I don’t think it would be very good.
It completely lacks the flavor of hazelnuts, or really and nut taste or mouth feel.
The chocolate is weak, and not strong enough to redeem the tea’s other qualities.

The stuff isn’t undrinkable, and honestly it is the most drinkable black tea I’ve ever had, but I would never buy another cup…

I tried this as a sample in David’s Tea the other day and immediately bought some. It was so warm and delicious. It tasted very chocolates with. Hint of the hazelnut. The licorice root was there, but not too prominent. When it started to cool slightly I could taste it a bit more and didn’t like it as much.

This tea is still amazing as long as I drink it hot. Really glad I bought it.

Boiling 4 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

This one was weird. Oolong is my favorite tea, but I’ve never had flavored oolong. And I don’t think I will in the future, because that seems almost criminal to me.

I guess it’s personal taste, but it just seemed like a very strange combination to me. It tasted like it was advertised – chocolate and oolong. But the combo just struck me as wrong.

Another sample received with an order. Leaves smell of cocoa and hazelnut. Again the leaves are too small for my infuser and I have tea leaves in my cup. After steeping for 4 minutes I smell and taste hazelnut, but no chocolate. I added a bit too much water so it’s not very flavorful.

As it cools, this tea tastes medicinal. Still no chocolate and not much hazelnut. I’ll try it again since I have enough of the sample for one more, but I don’t have high hopes.

This is good as a latte! However, I’m not much of a chocolate tea fan so I would not buy this again. Plus for some reason this one upsets my stomach…

Hmmm? Why is this tea so unpopular?

I got it as a free sample with a David’s Tea order. It looked delicious so I immediately tried it. It has an awesome smell, just like a good hazelnut latte. The first sip was kinda weird, I’m not gonna lie. It doesn’t exactly tastes what its smell promises. I kept drinking it, trying to understand the tastes. I found out that the weird taste was probably coming from the cocoa husks, it indeed has an husk-y flavour. But then I found out a quick dark chocolate note and a sweet/addicting final. The more I was drinking, the more I could find the slight hazelnut taste. All of these associated combined in a rich and creamy tea, it’s not bad at all. At first I didn’t think I would buy again but now I kinda changed my mind; I would.

When I bought this tea, I had NO clue that there was licorice in it, and yeah, you could have guessed, I hate licorice. BUT, I must say that I didn’t taste too much licorice in mine and I actually do like it quite a lot! I read that the cooler it gets the less licorice you taste so I waited for it to get more on the warm side to take my first sip. I did put quite a bit of honey in it, so that might be why I didn’t taste too much licorice. I think that it keeps growing on me.

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

This is probably the oddest looking oolong I’ve ever seen in my day, but nonetheless, I had to try it.

Trying it turned into buying 100g of it. It has a very rich chocolate and hazelnut flavor, making it taste almost exactly like Nutella.

And as I am a Nutella fan, I am a Choconut Oolong fan. Great dessert tea & it also works great for keeping my hands warm and my mouth occupied for long nights at the hockey rink. (YAY TIMOLINOS!)

I think it’s brilliant.