Coffee Cake

Black Tea, Cake Flavor, Cherry, Pineapple
Brown Sugar, Cake, Cherry, Maple Syrup, Baked Bread, Butter, Coffee, Cream, Dirt, Metallic, Oats, Caramel, Maple, Cinnamon, Pineapple, Vanilla, Sweet, Fig, Bitter, Artificial
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Karen Bailey

From DAVIDsTEA

Take the cake

There’s nothing more nostalgic than a classic coffee cake. Just picture it. That dense, yellow cake, dotted with fruit and topped with crumbled brown sugar. And this sweet, fragrant black tea blend is every bit as satisfying. It has all the aroma of a fresh baked coffee cake, plus an energy boost from rich black tea and a fruity hint of cherry and pineapple. Now getting that fresh-from-the-bakery taste is so simple, it’s a piece of cake.

Ingredients: Black tea, cherries, pineapple, natural and artificial cake flavouring

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This tea is ok. I steeped the full 7 mins but it generally tastes like hot water with a hint of flavor. Disappointing to get so little flavor. I used a tea bag for 16oz in a 12oz cup.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Oats, Vanilla

I’m glad this made a comeback so I could try it. It’s quite good now that I didn’t oversteep it. When I got my first sample of this I had oversteeped it but this time I let it steep for about 4 mins, and it’s just right. I tried this because I like coffee cake, but not coffee- and obviously this has no coffee, so I’m liking this. The fruit blends nicely to make a taste worthy of the name, I think. It’s sweet, like a dessert tea should be.
Some people say this tastes like Red Velvet or Birthday Cake but I disagree completely – I dislike both of those teas, and this tea tastes really good. So, guess peoples tastes are very different.

Flavors: Cake, Cherry, Sweet

Got this as a sample pouch. The dry leaf smells delicious – like butterscotch cake – but steeped up, the tea has so many weak, competing flavor notes that it’s just confusing. There’s something buttery and something vaguely fruity — I guess it COULD be the maraschino cherry, but really who knows? — and maybe something that’s coffee-ish, but nothing’s working together. I think this would work a lot better if the buttery note was turned up. As it stands this is just vaguely sweet, muddled tea.

Boiling 5 min, 45 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I got this as a sample from David’s Tea, though it was a replacement for another sample I requested. I tend to like dessert teas, though finding a good one is a challenge. There’s something off-putting about this tea. The overall flavor is bitter vanilla butter. The aftertaste is bitter and artificial, though I find that to be a theme with a number of David’s Teas I’ve had.

Flavors: Butter, Cake, Vanilla

This tea is drinkable, but not my fav. I tried it a few years ago and did not like it at all. I am unsure if they changed their recipe or if my taste buds have changed, but I was able to finish my cup instead of just tossing it down the drain.

I found this hiding in the back of my cupboard while I was doing some sorting and cleaning up this weekend… I’ve decided its time for me to drink through all my older teas and of course, to be able to do that I need to know what I actually have lurking way back there in the depths of my cupboards… Honestly, this isn’t quite as flavorsome as I remember it but it still tastes pretty darn good for a tea thats probably over two years old now! I guess those David’s Tea canisters really do help retain the tea flavors over time! I need to make sure I don’t throw out the tin later this week when I’ve finally sipped all of this down.

Scent and flavor wise it’s still pretty heavy on the coffee, brown sugar and butter…I’m still getting a hint of cherry but the pineapple is AWOL. Its a touch too sweet and a tad bit artificial tasting as the sip lingers in the mouth. I remember just how much I enjoyed this when I first bought it and although its aged pretty decently in my opinion, my taste buds have moved on a little from Davids Tea blends and these days I tend to prefer something a little more natural tasting although this won’t stop me from sipping down my tin this week.

Flavors: Brown Sugar, Butter, Cake, Cherry, Coffee

Backlog from last night. I got this from the GCTTB4 a few months ago.

Drank this while finishing off “And When She Was Good” by Laura Lippman. The chance to just read and sip and read and sip…. I haven’t had that a lot lately, and it was very restorative.

This tea smells great! I didn’t get a lot of the pineapple notes that others have mentioned here. Instead, I got butter, brown sugar, caramel, maple – all the flavours that are perfect for when you’re starting to get hints of fall on the air.

It didn’t taste as good when it cooled, though. I think that I probably have enough left for only 2 more cups, so I’ll add sugar to those and see what that’s like.

Tastes just like Red Velvet Cake. Exact replica. Delicious, but no notes of coffee cake.

Flavors: Maple Syrup

The smell of this one is really enticing, a strong whiff of coffee and caramel that makes it hard to believe I’m actually brewing tea. The tea itself is lighter in color as well as body than I anticipated. The coffee flavoring is not particularly strong, but lingers in the background as a sort of fragrant, roasted, slightly bitter note. The tea base has a sort of malty, fuzzy quality, which might be where the “cake” part of the coffee cake is supposed to come from. I get a bit of caramel sweetness, but not the fruit that has been described. Overall, it’s a much milder experience than coffee (as expected!). Thanks to beelicious for the sample!

This was the second time I have tasted this tea. I was unimpressed the first time around. But today I felt like having a mild slightly sweet black tea—this filled the bill nicely.

Flavors: Brown Sugar, Butter, Fig