Coffee Cake

Black Tea, Cake Flavor, Cherry, Pineapple
Cake, Caramel, Cinnamon, Pineapple, Oats, Vanilla, Cherry, Sweet, Butter, Brown Sugar, Coffee, Maple Syrup, Fig, Bitter, Maple, Artificial, Cream
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Karen Bailey

From DAVIDsTEA

Take the cake

There’s nothing more nostalgic than a classic coffee cake. Just picture it. That dense, yellow cake, dotted with fruit and topped with crumbled brown sugar. And this sweet, fragrant black tea blend is every bit as satisfying. It has all the aroma of a fresh baked coffee cake, plus an energy boost from rich black tea and a fruity hint of cherry and pineapple. Now getting that fresh-from-the-bakery taste is so simple, it’s a piece of cake.

Ingredients: Black tea, cherries, pineapple, natural and artificial cake flavouring

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Backlog from last night. I got this from the GCTTB4 a few months ago.

Drank this while finishing off “And When She Was Good” by Laura Lippman. The chance to just read and sip and read and sip…. I haven’t had that a lot lately, and it was very restorative.

This tea smells great! I didn’t get a lot of the pineapple notes that others have mentioned here. Instead, I got butter, brown sugar, caramel, maple – all the flavours that are perfect for when you’re starting to get hints of fall on the air.

It didn’t taste as good when it cooled, though. I think that I probably have enough left for only 2 more cups, so I’ll add sugar to those and see what that’s like.

Tastes just like Red Velvet Cake. Exact replica. Delicious, but no notes of coffee cake.

Flavors: Maple Syrup

The smell of this one is really enticing, a strong whiff of coffee and caramel that makes it hard to believe I’m actually brewing tea. The tea itself is lighter in color as well as body than I anticipated. The coffee flavoring is not particularly strong, but lingers in the background as a sort of fragrant, roasted, slightly bitter note. The tea base has a sort of malty, fuzzy quality, which might be where the “cake” part of the coffee cake is supposed to come from. I get a bit of caramel sweetness, but not the fruit that has been described. Overall, it’s a much milder experience than coffee (as expected!). Thanks to beelicious for the sample!

This was the second time I have tasted this tea. I was unimpressed the first time around. But today I felt like having a mild slightly sweet black tea—this filled the bill nicely.

Flavors: Brown Sugar, Butter, Fig

UGH

I tried making a pot of this but I was done after a cup. It smells fine at first, but then you drink it and it’s just meh. It tastes like bitter maple syrup.

And as it cools, it just starts to smell so weird. I had left some in the cup this morning and I took it to the sink to dump, and it seriously smelled like sausage or something because of that overpowering artificial maple.

Maybe somewhere someone likes this because I’d love to swap out what remains.

Pass the Stash TTB 2

This reminds me a lot of their Red Velvet Cake with a heavy after taste of cherry. It smells really delicious, my husband even wanted a sip. It has a much better smell than taste. I’ll finish it but I wish it had more black tea flavor.

I have never had this in my cupboard but I quite like it. Cakey and caramelly. With eggnog at my sweetie’s family dinner yesterday.

This was my favourite tea from last years Winter Collection, and I was extremely pleased to see a 250g bag in the Web Specials section this week, as I thought it may never be available again.
It’s delicious. As many have said, taste is similar to Red Velvet Cake, with a slight hint of maple and fruit. I don’t find it to be overly sweet or artificial, as I can still taste the black tea. I will drink this tea any time of the day, any season of the year. YUM

Flavors: Cake, Maple Syrup

Pass the Stash TTB 2.0

I’ve been wanting to try some teas from David’s for a while now. I wish they would add smaller size options to their website! This smells quite similar to Della Terra’s Pineapple Upside Down Cake, and there are even little pieces of candied pineapple in there. It has the same butter/cake flavoring scent. At first I thought there was only one serving in the sample package, but it turns out there’s enough for two. Yay! I steeped for 4 minutes.

This tastes very similar to Pineapple Upside Down Cake too. It has the same artificial butter and cake flavors that I don’t love in that blend. I definitely wouldn’t describe this as coffee cake, there’s no spice element. When I think of coffee cake, I picture the kind with cinnamon and sugar streusel over the top. Yum! But this isn’t it. Boo. :(

Flavors: Artificial, Butter, Cake, Cream

Another tea that smells good enough to eat – like fruit and caramel. The flavour is distinctly cakey and sweet – like caramelized brown sugar. There’s also a slight fruity undertone although it subtle and I can’t really pick out any fruit in particular. This tea is delicious – like dessert in a cup. I hope Davids Tea brings this blend back next winter because I’d say it’s my favourite out of all the teas that were in the Winter Sampler.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML