Gingerbread

Rooibos Tea
Butter, Cinnamon, Cookie, Ginger, Molasses, Nutmeg, Caramel
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “A Gingerbread latte seemed like an awesome idea in theory, although in practice I made one hell of a mess in my kitchen. I don't really have "proper" latte making equipment so I microwave my milk...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1684 tasting notes
  • “Second cup of the day. I was very excited to try this tea as I love ginger and really like sugar and spice, which tastes like gingerbread to me, and I'm generally a fan of rooibos, especially green...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 886 tasting notes
  • “I had a cup of this tonight while watching World War Z - overall not a bad cup of tea. I don't get the red velvet cake that others do, instead this is just a decent ginger-ish sort of rooibos tea...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4674 tasting notes
  • “I had one rollercoaster of a day. Barely slept last night worrying about this morning's presentation and gathering the courage to talk to my supervisor about one of my papers. Then ended up crying...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 757 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

The spice of life

For the past four years, all we wanted for Christmas was a gingerbread tea. Every winter, we’ve pestered David for a spicy-sweet, festive tea. But he just couldn’t find the perfect blend…until now. And with its warm, comforting aromas of ginger, cinnamon and molasses, this rich rooibos tea totally worth the wait. It has the most nostalgic aroma you can imagine – like gingerbread cookies baking in the oven. And the taste is everything we hoped for and more. Thank you David! Now…what will we ask for next year?

Ingredients: Rooibos, green rooibos, honeybush, cinnamon, currants, ginger, pineapple, safflower petals, natural and artificial gingerbread and molasses flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I was really excited for this tea and it has the taste down, but it was kinda watered down. Which is almost to be expected, tea being water-based and all, but still disappointing.

I received a sample of this with my very first Davids Tea purchase. I purchased the caffeine-free sample pack and can’t wait to try them out. Since I’m much into the Christmas and winter mood now, I am happy to try this out.
I could smell gingerbread in the leaves, but a very sweet gingerbread. I guess that would be the molasses. After the tea steeped for 5 minutes, the taste was much less sweet and definitely like a gingerbread cookie to me. I am happy with it. I did add a splash of milk after a few sips to see if it would be any better, but the milk didn’t make a noticeable difference.
My only complaint, and I don’t know if this is a trait of all of Davids products or just this sample, the leaves are incredibly small and many made their way into my tea. I’m not a fan of that.

I liked it. A lot! It really does taste like a gingerbread cookie. It’s warm, comforting and just a little bit sweet. Feels like Christmas!

it’s okay. mild gingerbread taste, smells good

I am in LOOOVVVEEE with this tea. Love the zip of the ginger.

Well well, this must be the best “gingerbread” tea I had for a long time !

The ginger is present but very faint, so it’s not overpowering ! The cinnamon is intense and well, what’s more to say? Tastes exactly like Gingerbread ! You can also taste molasses but in the after taste. What a wonderful blend ! Will buy a 100g tin next time !

I got this as a free sample with my shipment. Drinking it now and it’s nothing exciting but it’s not terrible either. It’s just a nice spice blend not too strong at all. I like it spicier but this is a nice mild one yet tasty. I wouldn’t purchase it for myself but it was a decent free sample.

Love this one. Smells like ginger and spice and cake. Went back and got a tin of it.

If you’re looking for something not super sweet, but that “Christmas” gingerbread flavoring: here you go. My mother loves this tea. I love this tea. There are little chunks of pineapple hiding in the rooibos creating a heavenly combination. I bought mine in the sampler package of the Holiday Collection, I’m sure I’ll end up getting more for both my mother and I.

Tasty stuff! I wish it wasn’t only seasonal. Not too strong a flavour of rooibos, and good gingery taste.