Gingerbread

Rooibos Tea
Cinnamon, Cookie, Ginger, Nutmeg, Cake, Spices, Honey, Maple, Butter, Molasses, Caramel, Rooibos
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

The spice of life

For the past four years, all we wanted for Christmas was a gingerbread tea. Every winter, we’ve pestered David for a spicy-sweet, festive tea. But he just couldn’t find the perfect blend…until now. And with its warm, comforting aromas of ginger, cinnamon and molasses, this rich rooibos tea totally worth the wait. It has the most nostalgic aroma you can imagine – like gingerbread cookies baking in the oven. And the taste is everything we hoped for and more. Thank you David! Now…what will we ask for next year?

Ingredients: Rooibos, green rooibos, honeybush, cinnamon, currants, ginger, pineapple, safflower petals, natural and artificial gingerbread and molasses flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

It is already late and I decided I wanted one more cuppa before bed. So off to my cupboard to look for something without caffeine. This was the one I came across first, and I had not tried it yet. This tea is ok. I tried a sip before sweetener and did not like it. Once I put sugar and some creamer in it, to turn it into a latte, it was better. I probably won’t search this one out again, but I bought it on special during the after Christmas sales. I guess when you get a good deal, it doesn’t seem so bad. It is definitely a good way to try new teas without breaking the bank.

Doesn’t taste anything like gingerbread-just rooibos :(

Flavors: Rooibos

Got this as a sample with an order and managed to make a cup both for me and my mother. We both love gingerbread and didn’t have any made up so we figured we’d try it, and we weren’t disappointed.

The dry tea smells nice and spicy with a vanilla note. Brewed, it tastes like drinking liquid gingerbread! I was expecting something more like the cookies from the smell, but it’s more like the bread. I had it without anything added to it, but I’m sure it would be great with some milk or sugar added too.

I can’t say that I’m getting this tea. I mean, it’s alright? And I get the ginger and sweetness, but somehow the combination reminds me as much of a carrot as it does of gingerbread cookies, and I’m not sure if that’s quite what it’s going for. Adding milk helps a little, but overall I’m afraid that this simply isn’t a brew for me. Oh well.

Day #23 of the advent calendar! First time trying this one… very tasty, very Christmas-y. I’m not really a rooibos fan, but this blend is nice. I definitely want some cookies like this right now, haha.

I was really excited for this tea and it has the taste down, but it was kinda watered down. Which is almost to be expected, tea being water-based and all, but still disappointing.

I received a sample of this with my very first Davids Tea purchase. I purchased the caffeine-free sample pack and can’t wait to try them out. Since I’m much into the Christmas and winter mood now, I am happy to try this out.
I could smell gingerbread in the leaves, but a very sweet gingerbread. I guess that would be the molasses. After the tea steeped for 5 minutes, the taste was much less sweet and definitely like a gingerbread cookie to me. I am happy with it. I did add a splash of milk after a few sips to see if it would be any better, but the milk didn’t make a noticeable difference.
My only complaint, and I don’t know if this is a trait of all of Davids products or just this sample, the leaves are incredibly small and many made their way into my tea. I’m not a fan of that.

I liked it. A lot! It really does taste like a gingerbread cookie. It’s warm, comforting and just a little bit sweet. Feels like Christmas!

it’s okay. mild gingerbread taste, smells good

I am in LOOOVVVEEE with this tea. Love the zip of the ginger.