Spiced Fig

Fruit Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

What’s the fig idea?

Let’s face it. Figgy Pudding is a holiday must-have. In fact, the tradition goes way back to medieval England, and in 1714, pudding enthusiast King George insisted on a plum pudding at his royal holiday feast. Our version combines cranberries, almonds, dates, cloves and big, luscious pieces of fig for a holiday treat that’s pure satisfaction at next to no calories. Try it hot with a splash of brandy and a cinnamon stick.

Ingredients: Apples, cranberries, black mission figs, calimyrna figs, dates, almonds, rose hips, cloves, natural vanilla flavouring

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I had this last night, 4 teaspoons in 16 ounces of water, and it was too strong for me. The blend I got into my Brewt, which I have determined is way better than the steeper basket that came with my Nordic Mug, probably contained way too many figs. ‘Too figgy’ was what my husband proclaimed. It really turned me off of this tea. Tea brewing is so moody! It kind of turned me off of the tea really. Blah to that.

I got this one as a free sample with a David’s tea order. It has this amazing smells so I couldn’t wait to drink it. To be honest, I was disappointed because I put the whole sample (5g) for my cup and the taste was so weak, I would’ve needed more. So I let it steep forever, until I finished it. At the end, the taste was more present and I can say it was like spicy molasses, which I liked. But still, I didn’t get what I wanted because of the too small quantity in the sample. I will wait to try again before I rate it.

8 min or more

Sampled this as the Tea of the Day on the weekend and decided that I needed a cup to go. The spices in this tea work well together; I don’t know if it’s a tea I will purchase for my collection, but it certainly was a nice one to have after doing some Christmas shopping.

This tea is weaker than I was expecting. Maybe I need to brew it longer. I taste more sweet flavors than spice. Still, it’s an enjoyable tea but I don’t think I would purchase more. It’s heavy so this tea is a little expensive for an herbal tea.

Boiling 8 min or more

The fact that my 15 g bag gave me about a cup cheesed me. I knew it was going to be heavy, but damnnnnnnnnnnn.
So, onto flavour, I taste predominately almonds with a slightly spicy tone to it. Nothing amazing, but very enjoyable. But not enjoyable enough to have something this expensive. At this rate I might as well get a Starbucks drink. It’ll be a good cup but not a repurchase.

140 °F / 60 °C

The smell is wonderful but even after using more than they suggested and steeping it longer, it is still just sweet water with very little flavour. My 50 gram pouch made 3 cups of tea and it’s still too wimpy. I wish it steeped up as wonderful as the smell is. Not buying it again and was extremely disappointed. Thought of buying some dried figs to throw in but decided to just use it up and forget about it.

I was sent this tea as a sample in one of my online orders. I really really wanted to like it, but the 5g they send you isn’t enough to do much of anything with. I steeped it 3 times for 10 mins each time and the flavour was still weak. I think this tea has potential, but I don’t like that you have to use 10g to have a decent cup of tea. I think I’ll pass.

Boiling 8 min or more

I’m really not a fan of the berries mixed with the spices.

This one isn’t bad, but probably had to brew more than a spoonful to really get some flavor. At least this got the taste of the Choconut Oolong out of my mouth.
The spices in this are quite nice and make for a nice soothing taste, probably not ‘stock’ worthy, but good.

I have never had figs in my tea before, and I can sincerely tell you that it’s marvellous! The only spice in here is cloves, and it is very prominent in this tea. The figs (and the other fruits in here) add a lovely sweetness to the cloves. I love this tea so much! It gives me a nice warm and comforting feeling inside, perfect for winter!