White Chocolate Frost

Herbal Tea
Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Peppermint, Pink Peppercorn, Stevia Leaf, White Chocolate
Chocolate, Mint, Sweet, Cream, Peppermint, White Chocolate, Creamy, Smooth, Thick, Vanilla
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Uniquity

From DAVIDsTEA

Warm up to winter

Say what you will about winter, but it might just be our favourite season. We love getting good and chilly out in the snow. And warming back up with a comforting drink is even more fun. So we created a cool, creamy drink that brings together everything we love about the season. It has peppermint for a burst of freshness. White chocolate for comfort and warmth. And pretty peppercorns just to make you smile. Sweet, comforting and refreshing, it’s a warm hug and a cool winter’s day – all at once.

Ingredients: Peppermint, white chocolate, pink peppercorn, stevia leaf, natural and artificial flavouring

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Cycling through the cold, cold weather may be starting to get to me. Come on, immune system, hang in there!!

I’m not sure what it was – perhaps simply the spur of the moment – but something about this tea enticed me enough to try out something new.

The peppermint definitely keeps me awake (more so than caffeine?!) and leaves a sharp, cool sensation on my tongue. But something’s not right in there – I’m thinking it’s the white chocolate. The result is something uncannily creamy—no, fatty? “Rich” would be a more euphemistic way of putting it—and with a touch of sweetness, although it’s the sugar-mixed-with-fat kind of sweet. This is not what I’m looking for at all.

At least it keeps me awake.

I mostly like the peppermint. It’s a not-as-good version of Cocomint Cream… my co-workers seem to like this better than I do. I don’t think I will re-buy after by 25g’s is up… I don’t taste much white chocolate and not a fan of the additives!

I had to admit that I was pretty skeptical about this tea upon reading quite negative reviews on it… Many seemed to say that it is just a mint herbal and that there is no chocolate at all.

However, I was very pleasantly surprised when I tried it last night! First of all, the taste is quite strong for an herbal! No lightly flavored water there! Second, while the mint is the prominent taste, the white chocolate is present! It’s creaminess and sweetness are very noticeable and they bring a whole new dimension to the mint. I absolutely loved this tea and am glad I bought some. Good job David!

I stopped by DT yesterday to smell and taste some of their winter collection teas. As I am a fan of mint chocolate, when I saw this one in store I tought “OMG! This is going to be soooo goooood!”. So obviously I tried it! My fist reaction was that I tought there must have been a mistake. I did’t taste at all the chocolate, only the mint and it actually tasted just like normal mint herbal infusion. Of course I was really disappointed. I like herbal mint teas, but when you expect to have a chocolaty minty taste and you don’t get it, you’re not as satisfied…

This sample is from beelicious as well. I ended up liking it a lot more than the previous minty tea I tried!

The blend contains mint leaves, white chocolate shavings, and little spheres that I later realized were peppercorns. The white chocolate isn’t drowned out by the mint, and is detectable in the aroma as well as flavor, quite nicely creamy. The peppermint flavor is very fresh and cooling, so that it really does deserve the “frost” in its name. The overall effect is refreshing and a little sweet, and makes for a nice little wintery dessert.

Big thanks to meakbot for sending me the rest of hers – I was down to my last two tsp and didnt want to use whats left so yay for more of this tea!!!
I’m currently writing two term papers with another one that I have to start in the next day or two. yay. such excitement. woo…
This tea is still just as nice and sweet and creamy and milk 100% makes this tea for me. Its getting me through these tough late nights.
Not much of a tasting note, hey? Sorry, my brain is fried…
UPing my rating of this tea just cuz I’m in that kind of mood.

Flavors: Creamy, Mint, Sweet, White Chocolate

I get it. I really do. I get the hype. I get why everyone was upset that they didn’t bring it back this year. I really do get it.
I’m surprised how much I like this one!
It totally tastes like peppermint bark to me. The main flavor is peppermint, but there’s also a lot of vanilla, and it’s creamy. Ugh. It’s just delicious!
Why on earth wouldn’t they bring it back this year?! This is probably the best Christmas Tea from Davids’ I’ve ever had! Way better than Santa’s Secret too. It just has so much more depth to it! I really hope they bring this back at some point so I can pick up more of it! Absolutely delicious!!
Thank you sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much for the sample, NayLynn!!!!

Flavors: Cream, Creamy, Peppermint, Smooth, Thick, Vanilla, White Chocolate

VariaTEA

You should try this as a latte if you havent already. It is delicious and it really helps tone down the bit of oil/scum you get from the chocolate.

Ost

I keep hearing about people making lattes! Sounds so good, I just don’t really know how to make one. xD

VariaTEA

haha. They are actually quite easy. What I do is steep 2x the amount of tea in 1/2 the amount of water (so for an 8 oz glass, I would steep 2 tsps instead of one in 2-4 oz of water instead of the whole 8) and then fill the rest of the cup with milk that I warmed up and frothed. Usually, I find just zapping the milk in the microwave for a minute and using a handheld frother works. And then you have a latte :)

VariaTEA

And for an eggnog latte, you do the same thing but 1/2 the cup is eggnog, 1/4 is milk, and 1/4 is the steeped tea.

Ost

Yeah, I do not have a frother. :P And I’m still kinda weary of milk due to heartburn. Maybe once that goes away more I’ll pick up a frother and give these lattes a chance! I will have to remember how to do one of these though. Really does sound amazing!

Soooo I guess I bought some of this tea… and never actually tried it. Heh. (Or maybe I did, but I really don’t remember, and there seemed to be a fair bit left of the 10g… if not all…)

Anyhow, given all the fuss about it, I figured I’d try my sample. It’s quite pepperminty (in that candy way, not peppermint leaf), then fades into a creaminess. Basically like Santa’s Secret or Mint To Be minus the black base. It has a bit of a weirdness, almost a sourness, to it, that could easily be something from the white chocolate (or maybe the peppercorns), but it’s not overly strong, nor overly off-putting. Honestly, I prefer Cocomint Cream/Santa’s Secret/Mint To Be, probably because there are other flavours in the tea than just creamy mint. I might mix the rest of it with a black and see how it turns out.

This is a great Christmassy tea – the mint and white chocolate flavoring is awesome. Yummy by itself or as a latté!

Flavors: Mint, White Chocolate

Someone please find me an obscure DAVIDStea that I really like! This was surprisingly better than I thought and I actually drank it in a Christmas mug during the winter, however the stevia leaf made it have a terribly sweet aftertaste.