White Chocolate Frost

Herbal Tea
Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Peppermint, Pink Peppercorn, Stevia Leaf, White Chocolate
Chocolate, Cream
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Uniquity

• “ Of course it's the case that this tea is no longer available and I made the creamiest, most delicious cup of it I've pretty much ever had. It was a most delightful cup of creamed white chocolate...” Read full tasting note
    keychange 416 tasting notes
  • “I'll be pretty sad when this is gone - though thankfully I still have at least 25g worth of it to enjoy. I didn't even mind the oilyness last night and the peppercorns weren't bugging me; it was...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1172 tasting notes
  • “Yay! I'm home, and drinking tea, and watching Supernatural! I'm halfway through season 5. OMG. It's so intense. And I have so many episodes ahead of me. I love those Winchester boys, but I...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1392 tasting notes
  • “Ugh. Worst. Migraine. EVER. last night. And it's a mild, muted version of it today. Thank goodness for mint. I had a cup of this last night and a cup this morning, and it is helping ease the pain....” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 820 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Warm up to winter

Say what you will about winter, but it might just be our favourite season. We love getting good and chilly out in the snow. And warming back up with a comforting drink is even more fun. So we created a cool, creamy drink that brings together everything we love about the season. It has peppermint for a burst of freshness. White chocolate for comfort and warmth. And pretty peppercorns just to make you smile. Sweet, comforting and refreshing, it’s a warm hug and a cool winter’s day – all at once.

Ingredients: Peppermint, white chocolate, pink peppercorn, stevia leaf, natural and artificial flavouring

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Just tried this and it is very nice. I can definitely taste the peppermint. I wasn’t sure about the other flavours, but definitely tasting something smooth too, which could be the white chocolate, but reminds me of vanilla. I’m not getting any burn from the peppercorns, but the tea is very warming. I’d definitely have it again.

Cycling through the cold, cold weather may be starting to get to me. Come on, immune system, hang in there!!

I’m not sure what it was – perhaps simply the spur of the moment – but something about this tea enticed me enough to try out something new.

The peppermint definitely keeps me awake (more so than caffeine?!) and leaves a sharp, cool sensation on my tongue. But something’s not right in there – I’m thinking it’s the white chocolate. The result is something uncannily creamy—no, fatty? “Rich” would be a more euphemistic way of putting it—and with a touch of sweetness, although it’s the sugar-mixed-with-fat kind of sweet. This is not what I’m looking for at all.

At least it keeps me awake.

I mostly like the peppermint. It’s a not-as-good version of Cocomint Cream… my co-workers seem to like this better than I do. I don’t think I will re-buy after by 25g’s is up… I don’t taste much white chocolate and not a fan of the additives!

I had to admit that I was pretty skeptical about this tea upon reading quite negative reviews on it… Many seemed to say that it is just a mint herbal and that there is no chocolate at all.

However, I was very pleasantly surprised when I tried it last night! First of all, the taste is quite strong for an herbal! No lightly flavored water there! Second, while the mint is the prominent taste, the white chocolate is present! It’s creaminess and sweetness are very noticeable and they bring a whole new dimension to the mint. I absolutely loved this tea and am glad I bought some. Good job David!

I stopped by DT yesterday to smell and taste some of their winter collection teas. As I am a fan of mint chocolate, when I saw this one in store I tought “OMG! This is going to be soooo goooood!”. So obviously I tried it! My fist reaction was that I tought there must have been a mistake. I did’t taste at all the chocolate, only the mint and it actually tasted just like normal mint herbal infusion. Of course I was really disappointed. I like herbal mint teas, but when you expect to have a chocolaty minty taste and you don’t get it, you’re not as satisfied…

Dry this herbal blend smells of cream and a bit of chocolate. (Not really surprising since the name sort of implies that.)I’m in need of something soothing because its a crummy day, snow again, and my friend is having surgery. I’m sure she will be fine but she has gone through a lot lately (Lost her vision, went bankrupt, house foreclosed, husband had a nervous breakdown and quit his job, vision improved just enough the doctor denied disability after being on disability for 2 years and she had to go back to teaching when she can’t see across the room and needs a zillion reading machines). So…. I worry. But back to the tea. Medium yellow green color. Taste: ouch! too hot! Wait a couple of minutes… Tea has a nice creamy taste, sweet, mild chocolate almost like frosting and more than a bit of peppermint. Quite tasty and soothing. Another tea to satisfy my sweet tooth! :) Certainly not one for every day but a nice change of pace.

Flavors: Chocolate, Cream

Sometimes when I drink a tea I like to check the notes on here after the drinking and before my own note-writing, just to see how my nose is going. This one was easy—yup, it’s mostly a sweet mint tea with a creamy hint and a heck of an oil slick to deal with. I don’t mind the pre-added stevia (far prefer it to the horror of licorice root in any situation) and love the soothing qualities of a good mint tea.

Cool.

This tea’s also got sentimental value for me because it was given to me for Christmas by my mum while we were holidaying in white, white Quebec City, and it was the first DAVIDsTEA I ever owned. I’d had a few awesome samples from TassieTeaGirl but I have my very own small tin of white chocolate frost (and coffee cake) and my mum picked them out for me all by herself.

Flavors: Cream

I wandered into DAVIDS before Christmas and was handed a taster of White Chocolate Frost. I was immediately delighted as soon as this minty tea hit my lips because it tasted exactly like those limited edition candy cane Hersey Kisses and preceded to purchase 30 g. When I actually brewed up a cup at home it looked like I poured greasy chicken broth into my tea cup, if that wasn’t unappealing enough it tasted so strongly of peppermint and greasy tea dregs that I could hardly bring myself to believe this was the tea I had tried in store. Even at around a 1 minute steep time, its much too strong. And the grease? Well thats because of all the chocolate shavings added to the tea.

This tea is quite yummy, however I don’t taste any chocolate in it. When its steeped the peppermint seems to be overwhelm all other notes of other things…. Even the pink peppercorns; it ends up tasting like a creamy peppermint tea, which is really nice. Its a great change from a traditional peppermint tea.

UPDATE: As I was reading other reviews, when others have said oily and murky… they are so right! I’m curious as to what makes it oily…hmmm, I guess one of life’s great mysteries. Regardless, I still enjoy this tea.

205 °F / 96 °C 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

This tea sounds so perfectly delicious. I love mint, I love chocolate, I love peppermint hot chocolate so much it hurts…
Sadly, the tea only really delivers on the ‘mint’ part of the promise…

I have drunk this 4 or 5 times now, and recently I drank it next to Teavana’s White chocolate peppermint.
White Chocolate frost is all mint, with the slightest hint of chocolate, and an odd greasy layer.
The Teavana version delivered much better on the chocolate.

It’s too bad. I really wanted to love this tea….

Boiling