White Chocolate Frost

Herbal Tea
Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Peppermint, Pink Peppercorn, Stevia Leaf, White Chocolate
Mint, White Chocolate, Chocolate, Cream, Peppermint
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Uniquity

• “ Of course it's the case that this tea is no longer available and I made the creamiest, most delicious cup of it I've pretty much ever had. It was a most delightful cup of creamed white chocolate...” Read full tasting note
    keychange 451 tasting notes
  • “I'll be pretty sad when this is gone - though thankfully I still have at least 25g worth of it to enjoy. I didn't even mind the oilyness last night and the peppercorns weren't bugging me; it was...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 2253 tasting notes
  • “Yay! I'm home, and drinking tea, and watching Supernatural! I'm halfway through season 5. OMG. It's so intense. And I have so many episodes ahead of me. I love those Winchester boys, but I...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1700 tasting notes
  • “Ugh. Worst. Migraine. EVER. last night. And it's a mild, muted version of it today. Thank goodness for mint. I had a cup of this last night and a cup this morning, and it is helping ease the pain....” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 988 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Warm up to winter

Say what you will about winter, but it might just be our favourite season. We love getting good and chilly out in the snow. And warming back up with a comforting drink is even more fun. So we created a cool, creamy drink that brings together everything we love about the season. It has peppermint for a burst of freshness. White chocolate for comfort and warmth. And pretty peppercorns just to make you smile. Sweet, comforting and refreshing, it’s a warm hug and a cool winter’s day – all at once.

Ingredients: Peppermint, white chocolate, pink peppercorn, stevia leaf, natural and artificial flavouring

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Cycling through the cold, cold weather may be starting to get to me. Come on, immune system, hang in there!!

I’m not sure what it was – perhaps simply the spur of the moment – but something about this tea enticed me enough to try out something new.

The peppermint definitely keeps me awake (more so than caffeine?!) and leaves a sharp, cool sensation on my tongue. But something’s not right in there – I’m thinking it’s the white chocolate. The result is something uncannily creamy—no, fatty? “Rich” would be a more euphemistic way of putting it—and with a touch of sweetness, although it’s the sugar-mixed-with-fat kind of sweet. This is not what I’m looking for at all.

At least it keeps me awake.

I mostly like the peppermint. It’s a not-as-good version of Cocomint Cream… my co-workers seem to like this better than I do. I don’t think I will re-buy after by 25g’s is up… I don’t taste much white chocolate and not a fan of the additives!

I had to admit that I was pretty skeptical about this tea upon reading quite negative reviews on it… Many seemed to say that it is just a mint herbal and that there is no chocolate at all.

However, I was very pleasantly surprised when I tried it last night! First of all, the taste is quite strong for an herbal! No lightly flavored water there! Second, while the mint is the prominent taste, the white chocolate is present! It’s creaminess and sweetness are very noticeable and they bring a whole new dimension to the mint. I absolutely loved this tea and am glad I bought some. Good job David!

I stopped by DT yesterday to smell and taste some of their winter collection teas. As I am a fan of mint chocolate, when I saw this one in store I tought “OMG! This is going to be soooo goooood!”. So obviously I tried it! My fist reaction was that I tought there must have been a mistake. I did’t taste at all the chocolate, only the mint and it actually tasted just like normal mint herbal infusion. Of course I was really disappointed. I like herbal mint teas, but when you expect to have a chocolaty minty taste and you don’t get it, you’re not as satisfied…

Soooo I guess I bought some of this tea… and never actually tried it. Heh. (Or maybe I did, but I really don’t remember, and there seemed to be a fair bit left of the 10g… if not all…)

Anyhow, given all the fuss about it, I figured I’d try my sample. It’s quite pepperminty (in that candy way, not peppermint leaf), then fades into a creaminess. Basically like Santa’s Secret or Mint To Be minus the black base. It has a bit of a weirdness, almost a sourness, to it, that could easily be something from the white chocolate (or maybe the peppercorns), but it’s not overly strong, nor overly off-putting. Honestly, I prefer Cocomint Cream/Santa’s Secret/Mint To Be, probably because there are other flavours in the tea than just creamy mint. I might mix the rest of it with a black and see how it turns out.

This is a great Christmassy tea – the mint and white chocolate flavoring is awesome. Yummy by itself or as a latté!

Flavors: Mint, White Chocolate

Someone please find me an obscure DAVIDStea that I really like! This was surprisingly better than I thought and I actually drank it in a Christmas mug during the winter, however the stevia leaf made it have a terribly sweet aftertaste.

Sipdown. I finally realized what this tea reminded me of – creme de menthe liqueur (minus the alcohol) mixed with something creamy – maybe something a bit like a Grasshopper in tea form being the end result.

Boiling 6 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

I have to say that I enjoyed my second cup of this far less than my first one. I don’t know whether I overdid it or something, but it was bitter and quite drying — it kept catching the back of my throat. Sad to say, I dumped it after I drank about half.

It’s really strange, because the first cup I had was just lovely — creamy white chocolate, mint. Sure, it was oily, but I started to look past that because it tasted so good. Not so tonight. Where did the tea I liked go? I have enough to try once more — hopefully I can recover my mojo with this one before it’s too late!
Boiling 3 min, 45 sec 1 tsp

Dry this herbal blend smells of cream and a bit of chocolate. (Not really surprising since the name sort of implies that.)I’m in need of something soothing because its a crummy day, snow again, and my friend is having surgery. I’m sure she will be fine but she has gone through a lot lately (Lost her vision, went bankrupt, house foreclosed, husband had a nervous breakdown and quit his job, vision improved just enough the doctor denied disability after being on disability for 2 years and she had to go back to teaching when she can’t see across the room and needs a zillion reading machines). So…. I worry. But back to the tea. Medium yellow green color. Taste: ouch! too hot! Wait a couple of minutes… Tea has a nice creamy taste, sweet, mild chocolate almost like frosting and more than a bit of peppermint. Quite tasty and soothing. Another tea to satisfy my sweet tooth! :) Certainly not one for every day but a nice change of pace.

Flavors: Chocolate, Cream