Organic North African Mint

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by sjsweeney

From DAVIDsTEA

Explore Northern Africa, from its souks to its deserts, with this intense combination of spices and mint. It combines organic green tea and peppermint with organic cardamom, ginger, licorice root, fennel clove and black pepper. Deliciously sweet, with all the romance of the Maghreb. (MK Kosher)

About DAVIDsTEA View company

BLECH. I tried it… but no no no. This is terrible. Couldn’t muster more than 2 sips before I poured it out. The mint sticks to your mouth in a very unappealing way and the rest of the strong spices just gives me a headache.

mj

Surprisingly, the version of this tea (and by that I mean green tea + mint blend) that I liked the best was Teavana’s Moroccan Mint. I tried DT’s North African Mint, the Teavana one, and Berber by Tay Tea.

Although I like masala chai I prefer green tea over black tea so I thought that this blend would be the perfect compromise: green tea mixed with mint and masala chai spices.

However, it doesn’t work. The green tea is really too weak to stand up against such strong spices (especially the fennel and cardamom) and the result tasted kind of thin and somehow artificially sweetened. This brew is better with some honey added, but still: if you want chai, just get the original kind.

Really loved this tea. Has a great minty flavor while keeping its grassy flavor as well. Very light and fresh.