Chai On Life

Chai Green White Blend
Black Pepper, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Clove, Coconut Chips, Ginger, Green Tea Leaves, Lemongrass, Natural Flavours, Pineapple, Pink Peppercorn, White Tea Leaves
Ginger, Lemongrass, Spices, Cinnamon, Lemon Zest, Cloves, Coconut, Peppercorn
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Cavocorax

• “I figured I might as well start in on the sample package I got, because it's kind of like replying to emails: I either reply within three minutes or three months; there's pretty much no in-between....” Read full tasting note
    keychange 450 tasting notes
  • “Thank you *Cavocorax* for sharing this tea. I find I am always drawn to DAVIDs Teas of the month even when it might not be something I truly enjoy. For instance, I am not a chai fan but was still...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1847 tasting notes
  • “So I haven't had tea since Sunday! :O What the heck? I've been sick. So terribly sick. I just started eating again too, but this seemed like a good cup to ease back into things with. It's low...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1635 tasting notes
  • “So, I was running out of paper tea bag filters to use at work, which gave me an excuse to go to DavidsTea on my lunch and see the new mugs, and check out the tea of the month! ;) The new mugs are...” Read full tasting note
    Tealizzy 479 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

What do you reach for when you need a little pick-me-up? Maybe you go for something sweet and satisfying. Or perhaps you prefer the feel-good glow of something super healthy. Lucky for you, this lemongrass-spiked white tea is the best of both worlds. It’s a uniquely fresh and delicate chai, filled with traditional warming spices from Ayurvedic medicine, like cinnamon, cloves, ginger and black pepper. Sweet, smooth and refreshing, this blend is revitalizing, comforting and tasty to boot.

Ingredients: White tea, green tea, cinnamon, lemongrass, pineapple, pink peppercorn, coconut chips, ginger black pepper, cloves, cardamom. With natural flavouring*.
Contains coconut

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Dreadfully cold outside..
Time for a review.

Smell wise: Ayurvedic, Strong and robust cinnamon, ginger there and a whisper of coconut. Am worried it won’t be a true Chai but the smell is nice and white Chai teas are rare.

Once brewed in my perfect Breville: Smells become so beautifully balanced ..everything fits.

As for taste: Surprisingly delicate, Cinnamon kisses,warming ginger,. Still not a Chai…

If you want a true Chai …this is not it. Lovely way to start the day though. Or end a very very cold day. Do wish it was a little less delicate.

Perfect for the cinnamon shy and people coming into or going out in the winter cold .

I’ll finish the bag but not sure about it being a staple. My partner likes it though.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cloves, Coconut, Peppercorn

205 °F / 96 °C 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

This is a very complex tea. It’s hard to distinguish all of the different flavors – there’s spice and there’s refreshing lemongrass. It blends wonderfully and it makes for a delicious everyday chai.

This is a light chai. The lemongrass is definitely present in it. It has a faint heat, but definitely doesn’t taste like a traditional chai to me… Still tastes great, though. Because of the higher price I’m not sure that I would continue to buy it. I like a darker chai.

Flavors: Ginger, Lemongrass, Spices

This is the same as Teavana’s old White Ayurvedic Chai blend. Recently they upgraded it and it tastes like crap. They got rid of the red pepper and the cinnamon flavor tastes artificial.

This tea is AMAZING! I like it slightly better than Teavana’s old White Ayurvedic Chai because this tea has a bolder and richer spice flavor.

If anyone else is dissipointed in Teavana’s new White Ayurvedic Chai belnd, try this and you will NOT be dissipointed!

This is hands down the BEST chai tea I have ever had in my entire life! First off its a white and green tea mix so its HIGH in antioxidants and has more health benefits than a standard Masala chai black tea. The flavor is medium to full. When you first sip it, you will taste the pineapple and coconut. When you hold it in your mouth, you taste the rich spices (mostly cinnamon). When you swallow you taste the lemon grass and the pepper.

I bought this tea in Vancouver when it was the tea of the month – it was the delicious smell of the sample pot they had brewing that reeled me into the store. It’s probably one of the best white tea chais I’ve had as in most cases either they use a cheap white tea that ends up being bitter or the base is too light and the spices overwhelm it. This one however is well-balanced between the two extremes – robust enough to handle the spices without being harsh. The taste of the tea makes me think of spice cakes with a bit of lemony coconut flavour on the side. This one probably isn’t chai latté material but it’s a unique and intriguing twist on a classic blend.

thanks cavocorax this is an interesting sort of tea… i’m not sure how i feel about it. on one hand it’s a decent enough chai-like sort of tea with a bit of spice/kick to it. on the other hand…it’s weird. there’s a fruitness here that seems out of place. i guess i don’t hate this, but i don’t love the crap out of it either :)

Very refreshing.

I wouldn’t call it a chai, really, but its very…soothing? Warming? Just really light and refreshing. Might be good iced.

At first taste, I wasn’t a huge fan of Chai on Life. I felt like in terms of DT teas that it was just a white tea version of Exotica. After a while though, this one does grow on you (and yes, it is different than Exotica). Maybe I just have Exotica on the brain (boy, does that sound bad)? Very nice, light cup of tea thanks to that white tea base. Would recommend for those wanting a chai but not wanting the heaviness of a black tea.

I tried Peaches & Cream this morning at work, but am going to write a detailed note on it later once I pay more attention to the cup lol. This review will be fast as well since I’ m at work.

The dry smell reminded me of something so familiar..I finally figured it out, Stormy Night! Yes, that cinnamon-coconut smell was in this one as well, I think it’s DT’s cinnamon that makes it unique and easy to pick out. I steeped for around 4 or 5 mins with 185 degree water (variable temp kettle at work :D ) and the steeped scent is also very cinnamony.

As for the flavor, there is quite a mix of things going on in here lol. Oh and to me, it brews up far too light to taste so darn spicy lol. This is a cinnamon heavy blend, I get the peppercorns in the aftertaste, and a bit of the pineapple in there as well. I think the ginger adds some heat to the peppercorns, but I’d like more ginger and less cinnamon lol. The coconut lends a slight creaminess overall and adds to it even tasting a bit like Stormy night lol, there must be a similar spice combo in that one.

Overall, this might be a bit too cinnamony for me to really like this chai, but it is still very drinkable and it is refreshing. I also like that it’s a lighter chai option without a black tea base, so if I need a spicy, warming tea fix, this one will do. I am going to let my mom try this one, I bet she will LOVE it haha. Happy to have tried, but currently I don’t think it’s in the restock list.

Flavors: Cinnamon