Chai On Life

Chai Green White Blend
Black Pepper, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Clove, Coconut Chips, Ginger, Green Tea Leaves, Lemongrass, Natural Flavours, Pineapple, Pink Peppercorn, White Tea Leaves
Cinnamon, Ginger, Peppercorn, Lemongrass, Spices, Lemon Zest, Cloves, Coconut
Low
Kosher
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

• “I figured I might as well start in on the sample package I got, because it’s kind of like replying to emails: I either reply within three minutes or three months; there’s pretty much no...” Read full tasting note
    keychange 451 tasting notes
  • “Thank you Cavocorax for sharing this tea. I find I am always drawn to DAVIDs Teas of the month even when it might not be something I truly enjoy. For instance, I am not a chai fan...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2374 tasting notes
  • “So I haven’t had tea since Sunday! :O What the heck? I’ve been sick. So terribly sick. I just started eating again too, but this seemed like a good cup to ease back into things with. ...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1774 tasting notes
  • “So, I was running out of paper tea bag filters to use at work, which gave me an excuse to go to DavidsTea on my lunch and see the new mugs, and check out the tea of the month! ;) The new mugs are...” Read full tasting note
    Tealizzy 798 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

What do you reach for when you need a little pick-me-up? Maybe you go for something sweet and satisfying. Or perhaps you prefer the feel-good glow of something super healthy. Lucky for you, this lemongrass-spiked white tea is the best of both worlds. It’s a uniquely fresh and delicate chai, filled with traditional warming spices from Ayurvedic medicine, like cinnamon, cloves, ginger and black pepper. Sweet, smooth and refreshing, this blend is revitalizing, comforting and tasty to boot.

Ingredients: White tea, green tea, cinnamon, lemongrass, pineapple, pink peppercorn, coconut chips, ginger black pepper, cloves, cardamom. With natural flavouring*.
Contains coconut

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Dreadfully cold outside..
Time for a review.

Smell wise: Ayurvedic, Strong and robust cinnamon, ginger there and a whisper of coconut. Am worried it won’t be a true Chai but the smell is nice and white Chai teas are rare.

Once brewed in my perfect Breville: Smells become so beautifully balanced ..everything fits.

As for taste: Surprisingly delicate, Cinnamon kisses,warming ginger,. Still not a Chai…

If you want a true Chai …this is not it. Lovely way to start the day though. Or end a very very cold day. Do wish it was a little less delicate.

Perfect for the cinnamon shy and people coming into or going out in the winter cold .

I’ll finish the bag but not sure about it being a staple. My partner likes it though.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cloves, Coconut, Peppercorn

205 °F / 96 °C 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

This is a very complex tea. It’s hard to distinguish all of the different flavors – there’s spice and there’s refreshing lemongrass. It blends wonderfully and it makes for a delicious everyday chai.

This has been staring at me accusingly for months now. I open my cupboard to figure out what kind of tea I’d like to have, and this bag that I bought on impulse ages ago is just pouting at me, asking me why I never drink it. Every time I open that cupboard. Ugh. I almost threw it out I was so sick of seeing it. But this afternoon I needed a little pick-me-up, and I finally decided to give it a try.

I mean, it’s definitely a chai, so it’s got that spiciness you’d expect. But it’s a white chai, and a very gentle, mild one at that. Which is absolutely OK, since it makes it a bit more versatile (I like to drink most chai teas in the autumn and winter only – it’s a thing). I like the lightness of it. Very fragrant, but in a refreshing way, with a bit of sweetness. Maybe iced next time? I have enough of it, and that bag ain’t goin’ away any time soon.

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

This is a backlog review from forever ago. I’m not even sure when I had this one. But either way, I got a rainbow tin of this one when it first came out but only now decided to try it.

I actually really loved this one. It’s a great chai tea with some lovely flavour. I really enjoyed the fact that tea is with a white base. Usually I have chai teas and they are a black base which almost makes the teas… heavier…?? That’s really the only way I can think of to describe it. But anyways, this base makes it nice and light. It really lets the chai spices come forward without hiding away somewhere behind the strong black base.

I didn’t add anything to this one. It didn’t need it. I’m starting to realize that as much as I LOVE my black teas, I’m really really starting to love white teas a bit more. They let the flavours come through and they become the centre stage. It’s interesting how my tastes are changing. But don’t worry, I shall always love my black teas. They are so gooooood.

There’s so many other, better chai blends. The white tea came out rather bitter when I brewed it. I don’t care much for lemongrass, and that ingredient weighed heavily in the taste. Thus, I didn’t like this tea. I made one cup, and it was tolerable. This was January in the Tea of the Month Collection 2014.

I bought a fair amount of this, thinking I would really like it – but it took me a while to warm up to it! I think that was mostly because of my horrid former habit of over-steeping EVERYTHING! Now that I take more care with that, I have found I actually do enjoy this tea! It isn’t my favourite – perhaps because I tend to go with bolder flavours… BUT it is quite lovely, particularly when you want something light with some pep to it! Perhaps wouldn’t rush to buy more, but I definitely have appreciated having it!

Flavors: Cinnamon, Ginger, Peppercorn

This is a light chai. The lemongrass is definitely present in it. It has a faint heat, but definitely doesn’t taste like a traditional chai to me… Still tastes great, though. Because of the higher price I’m not sure that I would continue to buy it. I like a darker chai.

Flavors: Ginger, Lemongrass, Spices

This is the same as Teavana’s old White Ayurvedic Chai blend. Recently they upgraded it and it tastes like crap. They got rid of the red pepper and the cinnamon flavor tastes artificial.

This tea is AMAZING! I like it slightly better than Teavana’s old White Ayurvedic Chai because this tea has a bolder and richer spice flavor.

If anyone else is dissipointed in Teavana’s new White Ayurvedic Chai belnd, try this and you will NOT be dissipointed!

This is hands down the BEST chai tea I have ever had in my entire life! First off its a white and green tea mix so its HIGH in antioxidants and has more health benefits than a standard Masala chai black tea. The flavor is medium to full. When you first sip it, you will taste the pineapple and coconut. When you hold it in your mouth, you taste the rich spices (mostly cinnamon). When you swallow you taste the lemon grass and the pepper.

I bought this tea in Vancouver when it was the tea of the month – it was the delicious smell of the sample pot they had brewing that reeled me into the store. It’s probably one of the best white tea chais I’ve had as in most cases either they use a cheap white tea that ends up being bitter or the base is too light and the spices overwhelm it. This one however is well-balanced between the two extremes – robust enough to handle the spices without being harsh. The taste of the tea makes me think of spice cakes with a bit of lemony coconut flavour on the side. This one probably isn’t chai latté material but it’s a unique and intriguing twist on a classic blend.