Chai On Life

Chai Green White Blend
Black Pepper, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Clove, Coconut Chips, Ginger, Green Tea Leaves, Lemongrass, Natural Flavours, Pineapple, Pink Peppercorn, White Tea Leaves
Ginger, Lemongrass, Spices, Cinnamon, Lemon Zest, Cloves, Coconut, Peppercorn
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Cavocorax

• “I figured I might as well start in on the sample package I got, because it's kind of like replying to emails: I either reply within three minutes or three months; there's pretty much no in-between....” Read full tasting note
    keychange 450 tasting notes
  • “Thank you *Cavocorax* for sharing this tea. I find I am always drawn to DAVIDs Teas of the month even when it might not be something I truly enjoy. For instance, I am not a chai fan but was still...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1847 tasting notes
  • “So I haven't had tea since Sunday! :O What the heck? I've been sick. So terribly sick. I just started eating again too, but this seemed like a good cup to ease back into things with. It's low...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1637 tasting notes
  • “So, I was running out of paper tea bag filters to use at work, which gave me an excuse to go to DavidsTea on my lunch and see the new mugs, and check out the tea of the month! ;) The new mugs are...” Read full tasting note
    Tealizzy 479 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

What do you reach for when you need a little pick-me-up? Maybe you go for something sweet and satisfying. Or perhaps you prefer the feel-good glow of something super healthy. Lucky for you, this lemongrass-spiked white tea is the best of both worlds. It’s a uniquely fresh and delicate chai, filled with traditional warming spices from Ayurvedic medicine, like cinnamon, cloves, ginger and black pepper. Sweet, smooth and refreshing, this blend is revitalizing, comforting and tasty to boot.

Ingredients: White tea, green tea, cinnamon, lemongrass, pineapple, pink peppercorn, coconut chips, ginger black pepper, cloves, cardamom. With natural flavouring*.
Contains coconut

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Out of all the chai type tea I’ve ever had, this on definitely tops all of them!

I love it because it’s not too intense in spice, and the flavors aren’t all over the place. It’s has a very calm and smooth flavor profile. It has a ton of different spices (cinnamon, pink peppercorn, ginger black pepper, cloves, cardamom) but they are all so smoothly blended together in the most perfect balance, that it is not as overwhelming as it may seem.

It’s a fantastic tea to sip by the fire, on those cold winter nights! I really recommend it!

This one is a good one! There’s not much to say about it, except that I was expecting too much clove and no, it’s perfect :) I prefer to break the cardamom pod to infuse the seeds, the taste is more present and you know, I only had 3 pods of cardamom in my 25g bag. I added some of my own too, just because I like it :)

I am a dedicated DAVIDsTEA buyer, so naturally I go at the beginning of every month (at least) to purchase the new tea of the month.

First of all, Im an avid chai lover! There hasn’t been a chai that I have come cross that I haven’t liked, until this one. When I look for a chai, something that is strip your clothes off strong, spicy and all over absolutely delicious. This chai is good for someone who is light at heart on the chai front. It does have a light spice/chai taste but you can definitely taste tang of the lemon and sweetness of ginger. I’ve only had it hot, both straight and with agave, and it did not make a difference to me.

I think it is rather expensive for something in my opinion that is mediocre. I leave it in my cupboard because it’s something my mom enjoys, but I definitely won’t restock (unless momma dearest would like me to).

Flavors: Lemon Zest

180 °F / 82 °C 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

This time I wasn’t paying attention to temperature or time. I think I brewed it too hot.
Some weird flavors came out. an almost fishy taste.
It was off putting.
It wasn’t bitter, but the flavors were not right. Something was off.
Still, I drank the whole cup.

Sadly this one smells better than the brewed tea tastes. The dry tea smells wonderful of pepper, lemongrass, ginger, cardamom and a bit of coconut.

After steeping it was a lovely pale yellow liquor. The tea is very light, in fact if it weren’t for the slightly astringent aftertaste I would have thought this was flavoured water. The main note is cinnamon, with a touch of ginger and that is about all that I can discern once the tea is brewed.

When cooled down completely I can taste the lemongrass a bit more but overall this tea is not impressive for me to buy a big tin. I’ll finish the 25g sampler I bought at the store and that’s about it.