Golden Pu'erh (organic)

Pu-erh Tea
Dirt, Sweat, Dates, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “I'm a pu-erh novice - I've tried a little, but not very much. This is the first one I've ever liked, though. I wouldn't have ordered if it didn't come in a sampler pack I ordered, but I'm glad it...” Read full tasting note
    michellefeda 318 tasting notes
  • “So I walked past the store today and saw that they have a $1 straight tea sale, and couldn't resist! and I'd also forgotten that I have a sample in my cupboard! I could have had the yummy assam...” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1342 tasting notes
  • “This is my first time trying a pu-erh. I know the experience of a DavidsTea pu-erh will be greatly different from that of a high quality pu-erh, but I had to get my foot in the door just a little...” Read full tasting note
    noordelijk 49 tasting notes
  • “I can't help but try and defend this tea. It's a very mildly flavored pu-ehr with amazing earthy aroma nothing short of mountain soil. On tasting it you can easily taste the young roots and meadow...” Read full tasting note
    daniil 69 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

China’s wonder tonic

For more than 1,700 years, the Chinese have been drinking pu’erh – especially as a digsetif after a heavy meal. It is traditionally aged underground, and as with fine wine, the older it is, the more prized its taste. This particular tea is part of the new school of pu’erh production. Called a “cooked” (shou) pu’erh, it’s heated and fully dried to simulate aging. So unlike some pu’erhs, you don’t have to rinse the leaves before. It’s smooth, earthy and very strong, with a hint of dark honey. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Chinese pu’erh tea from Yunnan Province.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Okay, so today was my weekly outing to David’s Tea near my office to try something new. I feel that my palate has gotten more refined, and I have been getting adventurous lately in trying plain teas. So, I had my first cup of pu-erh ever. My first impression was that it smelled like buttcrack. It didn’t taste bad, but I couldn’t get by my initial impression.

Flavors: Dirt, Sweat

I am dreading this morning. Today, barring a miracle, my beloved cat will be put to sleep because of kidney disease. While I am hoping my vet can work a miracle there is little hope. The cat has stopped eating and I cannot let the cat go by self starvation.

This tea is sweet with dates notes, I would venture to say. I picked it out because it was the first puerh I came across. IT is a tasty tea.

I brewed this once in an 18oz teapot with 3 tsp leaf and boiling water for 30 sec.

Flavors: Dates, Sweet

Boiling 0 min, 30 sec 3 tsp 18 OZ / 532 ML
Anlina

I’m so sorry. I hope your vet can pull something out of their sleeve.

You’re doing the right, loving thing, even though that thing sucks and hurts like hell.

Take good care of yourself.

AllanK

My cat died around 11am today. I am saddened beyond my ability to express. I should not grieve this much for a cat, but I do.

TeaBrat

I’m sorry Allan, losing a pet is never easy. Take care of yourself.

Uniquity

I’m very sorry to hear about your cat. You are absolutely entitled to grieve for him or her. Pets are family too and though they don’t live as long as people, they have a huge impact on our lives.

Vwinsloe

I am very, very sorry for your loss.

Cheri

I’m so sorry for your loss. You did the right thing and preserved her dignity and saved her as much pain as you could. Pandora and you were both lucky to have had each other.

boychik

Allan, Im so sorry for your loss.

caile

I’m so very sorry.

AllanK

Thank you for all the support. I wish I could think about something other than my cat.

This was the first pu’erh that I’ve tried, and while I liked the smell of the dry leaves, when I prepared it the tea smelt like a barn. It didn’t taste awful, but the smell of the tea while I was sipping it was very much a turn off. I would try another kind of pu’erh tea, but not this one again!

This tea is terrific. It tastes mildly of mushrooms and disturbed earth. A nice, accessible pu’erh for the collection.

ok it taste like dirt a bit but….With all the good things it can give… I think it’s a must. It’s also a tea that you must learn to enjoy and adding a little bit of honey etc…won’t kill you.
I drink it everynight, after supper. I had a surgery and I don’t diggest as good anymore. This tea’s the best help! Works for real!!!

Earthy, hints of fishiness, very pungent, some smokiness. Unappealing at first, a bit musty. For me it was worth trying, but not buying.

It reminds me a lot of yerba mate, but if you leave it to steep too long, it gets worse with every sip. With agave, it’s decent in small doses, but only for people who really, really like their tea super-strong.

Mmmm Golden Pu’erh. Tastes like high class cup of pure earth! So robust; gotta love it!

When I brewed this tea as indicated on the label, I found it smelled like an old musty basement and tasted like brewed rotten wood. So now I wash the leafs for about ten seconds, dump the water and then steep for 30-45 seconds. What a difference!