Tie Kwan Yin (organic)

Oolong Tea Leaves
Floral, Hay, Sweet
Medium
Kosher, Organic, Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

5 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

A lucky tea

Many years ago, a poor farmer had a dream: the goddess of mercy, Kwan Yin, came to him and spoke of a great treasure in a nearby cave. When he went there, he found a single tea shoot. He planted it and it grew. So he gave cuttings to his neighbours, and they all prospered by creating a beautiful, flowery oolong. Our version is hand-produced on a small family garden near the Wuyi Mountains.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This tastes soooo good! Smooth, flowery, no overpowering flavors or bad taste left in my mouth. It’s also a terrific resteeper.

I picked this up on the recommendation of the guy behind the counter at the David’s Tea on Mont Royal in Montreal – didn’t catch his name. He definitely didn’t steer me wrong, though. The dry leaves don’t have much smell, but as soon as you add hot water, it’s stunning. It smells like spring to me – lillacs just starting to bloom.

The flavour isn’t as strong, which is probably a good thing. It’s a somewhat delicate oolong with a very slight flowery taste to it…

I think I may have found my new favorite oolang tea!

I dont have to much to say on this. This was a very generic TGY (TKY?). It had a slightly floral flavor covered by a sweet vegetal tone. The brew carries a slightly bitter aftertaste. I noticed that this tea consisted of mostly BOP which is kinda disappointing in an oolong. This carries the price of a decent treat oolong, but the quality of an everyday oolong. My view of "chain’ tea shoppes is still consistent. I don’t go to chains unless I want artificial tea. The natural teas always fall short.

Flavors: Floral, Hay, Sweet

195 °F / 90 °C 1 min, 0 sec 6 g 3 OZ / 100 ML
boychik

I completely lost an interest in flav teas

Tealizzy

boychik – I’m almost there with you. Funny how that happens!

Haveteawilltravel

I haven’t purchased a flavored tea in well over a year….

And with this, I have tried all of the oolongs currently available at DavidsTea. LOL. This is the best plain oolong I’ve had in awhile (I may need to break out my Oolong Supreme to test that theory), and is exactly what my tastebuds were craving today. As always, I added a little bit of milk to get it a little creamier, though I’m still getting a little grassy taste.

Sweet, flowery. Relaxing warm taste. need to compare to other brands. Ten Ren would be my next one.

A family-grown Chinese oolong that departs from heavy, earthy flavours in favour of lush floral notes.

This was unexpectedly light and very floral. Its a nice tasting tea but didn’t satisfy my craving for Oolong. I guess I was looking for a darker Oolong.

Favourite Tea by a long shot. I just wish I could find something less expensive online, but shipping costs tend to cancel that out. So I guess it really isn’t a bad price at all.

EDIT: Now that I’ve had a chance to try this and other Oolong tea Gong Fu style…it is a winner. For the price, it’s amazing. Hard to find Organic Tie Kwan Yin anywhere close to this cheap. I’ve tried many TGY, this is the best.

Very pleasant. Not as smooth as other Oolongs, but the taste is pleasant. A very comforting and relaxing tea.

This is a very modest oolong tea. Very floral, light and mild. It is good, but not great.

I would think an entry into oolong teas, as it is quite mild and sweet.