The Spice is Right

Cinnamon, Citrus Zest, Orange, Spicy, Cloves, Orange Zest, Anise
Low
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

• “So I bought 9 different teas for my sister in law from Davids - about 20g of a variety to help her figure out what she likes. I bought this one as well, and then sorta wanted it for myself, and...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1691 tasting notes
  • “Today was my first visit ever to an actual David's Tea store. All of the teas I had had so far I had either stolen some from friends (hehe) or bought online. The nearest store is a 3-hour drive...” Read full tasting note
    Meliboum 73 tasting notes
  • “I tried this when I visited David's Tea yesterday. This is a tea which I have wanted to try since it first came out. I have to say that I was pretty disappointed with this one. I found the orange...” Read full tasting note
    MooKiwi 154 tasting notes
  • “I'm back at home from my marketing communications class, which should be really interesting I think. I found out I got an A in my writing class and that made me happy! Figured I would have a warm...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2389 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Is there any flavour combo more comforting than orange and cinnamon? There’s something about it that’s instantly comforting – like warm spice cake or a glass of hot punch. But nostalgia isn’t the only thing giving you that warm fuzzy feeling. Cinnamon is said to have warming properties, and one sip of this spice-laden green tea is all it takes to get that cozy fireside feeling going. Add some sweet orange peel and a zingy hint of chili pepper, and you’ve got a zesty blend that warms you up from the inside out.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

So I bought 9 different teas for my sister in law from Davids – about 20g of a variety to help her figure out what she likes. I bought this one as well, and then sorta wanted it for myself, and then compromised by taking one scoop out so I could try it and decide for myself later on if I should buy more.

It’s really refreshingly orange, and what I call, zippy. The cinnamon and chili are the most dominant flavours in this blend, and I like it. It’s been ages since I had an orange-cinnamon tea. I haven’t tried H&S’s green blend so I can’t compare it to that, but I do like the green version of this type of tea about as much as I do the black. It does taste less like artificial sweetener than the H&S black blend did, so maybe this would be worth stocking up on… (It does still taste a little like artificial sweetener though. Just not as noticeably? And it could be something in the blend that makes it taste that way without it actually being sweetener.)

Flavors: Cinnamon, Orange Zest

2 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

Today was my first visit ever to an actual David’s Tea store. All of the teas I had had so far I had either stolen some from friends (hehe) or bought online. The nearest store is a 3-hour drive from where I live, so… Anyway today, I was very excited. I had heard a lot of good things about their costumer service and my experience today was awesome. The store was crowded and yet the nice lady was very patient and funny. I smelled so much tea ! And I bought a lot too. Oops.

This one came out today so it was one of the two teas of the day along with White Chocolate Frost. It is amazing ! I didn’t get any of the orange though, mostly just cinnamon, but a very sweet kind of cinnamon almost like those Valentine cinnamon hearts. The perfect tea for the month of February ! Warming and soothing and just yummy!

Flavors: Cinnamon

Cavocorax

I’m happy you had a great experience! They are the #1 reason that I attempted playing around with loose leaf. I was nervous and intimidated, and I feel shy walking into a store where I know nothing, but they were so friendly and disarming that it didn’t take long to get me comfortable! Even though I don’t buy as much from them now that I’ve branched out to other companies, I still think highly of them as a company.

Meliboum

I felt exactly the same yesterday ! I was nervous and intimidated, and I felt stupid for feeling like this, and it was so crowded I thought the lady would never tike the time I needed to let me decide… I was about to give up and just buy stuff online instead, but then she started asking questions and making conversation like I was the only customer in the store. I got to smell all the teas I wanted to try and more, and I ended up very happy about my teas and my customer experience. :) Plus I also had passed by the free teas of the day without trying any because it was too crowded, and when I had paid and everything she still took the time to ask me if I had tasted it or not and she gave me a sample cup. How amazing !

I tried this when I visited David’s Tea yesterday. This is a tea which I have wanted to try since it first came out. I have to say that I was pretty disappointed with this one. I found the orange to be very sirupy and the tea was overly sweet (I didn’t even add any type of sweetener.) The tea left a weird aftertaste in my mouth as well. I can’t see myself wanting to try this again.

Flavors: Orange Zest

I’m back at home from my marketing communications class, which should be really interesting I think. I found out I got an A in my writing class and that made me happy!

Figured I would have a warm cup of something. I hope this doesn’t keep me awake since it’s green tea. But when you look in the package it is so full of cinnamon chips and other spices I figure it has 1/2 the caffeine of a normal green tea.

Looking over the reviews, this seems to be a tea that people either love or hate. It’s very strong in the cinnamon department, for sure. I know there’s supposed to be an orange element in here but I can barely taste that over the cinnamon and clove. It is very spicy and even numbs my tongue when I’m drinking it (due to the pepper, I think). I thought this was good with a bit of soymilk in it, which made it more chai like. I may try with a bit of sweetener too. Overall I liked it fairly well but it isn’t for wimps. At least it isn’t as strong as the hot cinnamon spice from Harney and Sons, which literally made me want to throw up.

Veronica

Congrats on the A in writing!

TeaBrat

Thanks… I’d love to continue with the writing classes. Maybe I will.

Greg_2tea

Congrats you DID It!! Yeah hio oh!!

TeaBrat

thanks :)

I really enjoy this tea – it has the right balance of cinnamon and other spices to make a nice blend. I have only tried it hot, but I might try it iced.

THIS TEA IS PERFECTION! It has the perfect amount of spice to give it some bite, and the perfect citrus to give it the right tang. I especially love this to warm you in the cold winter months, but it is good anytime of year! This is a regular that I try to keep on hand at all times :D

Flavors: Cinnamon, Citrus Zest, Orange

This is a VERY spicy tea – I think I used more tea than suggested for the level of water so it was a little strong. I added a sweetener and it took the edge off the spice but overall an enjoyable tea.

Flavors: Spicy

1.5 tbsp

Cinnamon with a zingy sweetness. Green tea gives a thicker mouthfeel to the overall brew but still very thin-tasting (as an herbal) and flavours are faded.

It’s one of those weeks at work where I am so busy that my desk is buried under a mountain of paper so massive, people are actually noticing it. And my lunch has been getting later and shorter every day lol. Nonetheless, I will persevere and hopefully get everything done. Haven’t had much tea these past 2 days, but this is in my travel mug this morning, hoping to make something else this afternoon, this one is getting pretty old after sitting all morning lol. See previous notes.

This tea smells wonderfully of cinnamon. Unfortunately, there’s not nearly as much to the taste as I would like. It’s… mildly cinnamonny? But doesn’t really pack much of a flavourful punch of anything, just a mild sweet-spiced something. So it’s… not bad, but not strong enough to even be in the contention for very good or great.