The Spice is Right

Green Tea
Chili Pepper, Cinnamon, Clove, Green Tea Leaves, Orange Peel
Cinnamon, Anise, Sweet, Peppercorn, Spices, Sugar, Cloves, Clove, Orange Zest, Smooth, Spicy, Apple, Black Pepper, Cardamon, Ginger, Orange, Green, Pepper, Citrus Zest
Low
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

• “So I bought 9 different teas for my sister in law from Davids – about 20g of a variety to help her figure out what she likes. I bought this one as well, and then sorta wanted it for myself,...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1774 tasting notes
  • “Today was my first visit ever to an actual David’s Tea store. All of the teas I had had so far I had either stolen some from friends (hehe) or bought online. The nearest store is a 3-hour...” Read full tasting note
    Meliboum 73 tasting notes
  • “I tried this when I visited David’s Tea yesterday. This is a tea which I have wanted to try since it first came out. I have to say that I was pretty disappointed with this one. I found the...” Read full tasting note
    MooKiwi 165 tasting notes
  • “I accidentally purchased four ounces of this tea instead of my intended two, and I can’t express how happy I am for it. It smells like Fireball candies, and tastes that way too, minus the...” Read full tasting note
    BrookieDook 10 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Is there any flavour combo more comforting than orange and cinnamon? There’s something about it that’s instantly comforting – like warm spice cake or a glass of hot punch. But nostalgia isn’t the only thing giving you that warm fuzzy feeling. Cinnamon is said to have warming properties, and one sip of this spice-laden green tea is all it takes to get that cozy fireside feeling going. Add some sweet orange peel and a zingy hint of chili pepper, and you’ve got a zesty blend that warms you up from the inside out.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

So I bought 9 different teas for my sister in law from Davids – about 20g of a variety to help her figure out what she likes. I bought this one as well, and then sorta wanted it for myself, and then compromised by taking one scoop out so I could try it and decide for myself later on if I should buy more.

It’s really refreshingly orange, and what I call, zippy. The cinnamon and chili are the most dominant flavours in this blend, and I like it. It’s been ages since I had an orange-cinnamon tea. I haven’t tried H&S’s green blend so I can’t compare it to that, but I do like the green version of this type of tea about as much as I do the black. It does taste less like artificial sweetener than the H&S black blend did, so maybe this would be worth stocking up on… (It does still taste a little like artificial sweetener though. Just not as noticeably? And it could be something in the blend that makes it taste that way without it actually being sweetener.)

Flavors: Cinnamon, Orange Zest

2 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

Today was my first visit ever to an actual David’s Tea store. All of the teas I had had so far I had either stolen some from friends (hehe) or bought online. The nearest store is a 3-hour drive from where I live, so… Anyway today, I was very excited. I had heard a lot of good things about their costumer service and my experience today was awesome. The store was crowded and yet the nice lady was very patient and funny. I smelled so much tea ! And I bought a lot too. Oops.

This one came out today so it was one of the two teas of the day along with White Chocolate Frost. It is amazing ! I didn’t get any of the orange though, mostly just cinnamon, but a very sweet kind of cinnamon almost like those Valentine cinnamon hearts. The perfect tea for the month of February ! Warming and soothing and just yummy!

Flavors: Cinnamon

Cavocorax

I’m happy you had a great experience! They are the #1 reason that I attempted playing around with loose leaf. I was nervous and intimidated, and I feel shy walking into a store where I know nothing, but they were so friendly and disarming that it didn’t take long to get me comfortable! Even though I don’t buy as much from them now that I’ve branched out to other companies, I still think highly of them as a company.

Meliboum

I felt exactly the same yesterday ! I was nervous and intimidated, and I felt stupid for feeling like this, and it was so crowded I thought the lady would never tike the time I needed to let me decide… I was about to give up and just buy stuff online instead, but then she started asking questions and making conversation like I was the only customer in the store. I got to smell all the teas I wanted to try and more, and I ended up very happy about my teas and my customer experience. :) Plus I also had passed by the free teas of the day without trying any because it was too crowded, and when I had paid and everything she still took the time to ask me if I had tasted it or not and she gave me a sample cup. How amazing !

I tried this when I visited David’s Tea yesterday. This is a tea which I have wanted to try since it first came out. I have to say that I was pretty disappointed with this one. I found the orange to be very sirupy and the tea was overly sweet (I didn’t even add any type of sweetener.) The tea left a weird aftertaste in my mouth as well. I can’t see myself wanting to try this again.

Flavors: Orange Zest

It smells like Fireball candies, and tastes that way too, minus the burning tongue. The cinnamon is just perfect. Overall, it’s warm with a touch of sweetness. I’ll likely be nursing this all fall and winter.

Flavors: Cinnamon

2 tsp 14 OZ / 414 ML

How can you read the name of this tea and not have the theme song of the Price is Right stuck in your head?

This tea sounded promising but didn’t live up to its hype for me. With cinnamon, green tea, orange peels, cloves, and chili peppers, you’d think it would be a feel good tea with enough spice that keeps you warm and tingly inside. In reality, it felt like I was drinking liquid cinnamon hearts. It was waaayyyy too spicy for me. I am not a fan of overly spicy teas so I did not enjoy this one.

I wanted to like this tea but unfortunately the spice was not right for me.

I’ve never actually met someone who likes cinnamon hearts, I don’t know how those things are around they’re like … bleh but here this tea is in my cupboard (I didn’t buy it, people’ve got me sampler things from dt and this was in 2 of them) and it tastes exactly like cinnamon hearts which I think is just a terrible idea. The spice is not right :l

EDIT: Wait, sorry, this has a green tea base? W.. okay then I didn’t even notice. I don’t see any green leaves, all of them are black so I just assumed they had a black base.. Not that it matters, the cinnamon heartiness is way too over-powering anyways

This tea is pretty good. I don’t freak over it but will finish my tin. Leaves my tongue tingling a bit-reminds me of cinnamon hearts.

This was one of my least favorite teas from Davids. I like chai and slightly spicy teas but this was REALLY spicy. It was like an overdose of cinnamon mixed with hot peppers which is totally overpowering no matter how little I use or how short of time I steep it for – and I dont taste any orange flavor through those other two flavors! I’ve been trying to use it up by mixing it with other chai teas in small doses but I feel like I might be ending up throwing out some of it.

This tea has so many interesting ingredients, but sadly all I taste is cinnamon. No chili, no orange, and definitely none of the green tea base. Too bad, because it sounds like it would have been a nice flavor combination.

Hello, Steepster, long time no see! I took up going to the gym and studying for the LSAT more seriously recently, so I haven’t been around my computer lately (which I think is a good thing overall – I used to spend too much time sitting at my computer at home!). I also have been drinking mostly just Lady Earl Gray at work so I wouldn’t have had anything interesting to say anyway!

I did, however, try this tea at work last week. I had a little sample tin from a gift my coworker gave me so I took it to work and brewed it after lunch. It smelled quite nice, a little bit spicy and cinnamon-y. After about 3-4 minutes the colour of the tea was still very light and the aroma still mild, so I left the tea in for a little longer. When I took a sip, my head almost exploded.

This tea is seriously SPICY. Like my-mouth-and-throat-are-burining-and-I-can’t-breathe spicy! I obviously waaay over-steeped it, but I didn’t even leave it in for that long! I leave most teas in for longer than the recommended time because they end up being a bit too weak for my preference if I don’t. I was pretty shocked at my result this time, to say the least. I gave it a couple more sips, but I simply couldn’t drink this tea. I am not a fan of most chai teas, and this one is definitely not one I’ll ever try again. Down the sink it went.

I gave the sample to my mom, who in contrast with me loves most chais. Even she said that she found it super spicy and was really surprised at how strong it was, despite its light colour. I think that was another thing that threw me off – the colour remained quite light even if I left it in a bit longer. My mom had the same thought and left it in for like 10 minutes, as she reported to me. She said she drank it though, so that’s more than I accomplished, haha. Well at least she can have fun with it. I am staying away.

Oolong Owl

wow, the ingredients list doesn’t seem odd for a chai, they must of went crazy town on the peppercorns.

Mookit

Maybe it was the chili peppers. It definitely felt hot (not in the temperature sense)!

Kristal

This tea isn’t for me either. When I drink green teas, I usually want straight teas or maybe jasmine flavoruing.