The Spice is Right

Green Tea
Chili Pepper, Cinnamon, Clove, Green Tea Leaves, Orange Peel
Cinnamon, Orange, Anise, Orange Zest, Cloves, Spicy, Sweet, Clove, Green, Pepper, Spices, Citrus Zest
Low
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

• “So I bought 9 different teas for my sister in law from Davids – about 20g of a variety to help her figure out what she likes. I bought this one as well, and then sorta wanted it for myself,...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1774 tasting notes
  • “Today was my first visit ever to an actual David’s Tea store. All of the teas I had had so far I had either stolen some from friends (hehe) or bought online. The nearest store is a 3-hour...” Read full tasting note
    Meliboum 73 tasting notes
  • “I tried this when I visited David’s Tea yesterday. This is a tea which I have wanted to try since it first came out. I have to say that I was pretty disappointed with this one. I found the...” Read full tasting note
    MooKiwi 165 tasting notes
  • “Mamma mía, hello there cinnamon! I expected this to be a green tea flavoured with orange peels and a hint of cinnamon but it’s more like a cinnamon infusion with a few green tea leaves and a...” Read full tasting note
    mmlemonade 55 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Is there any flavour combo more comforting than orange and cinnamon? There’s something about it that’s instantly comforting – like warm spice cake or a glass of hot punch. But nostalgia isn’t the only thing giving you that warm fuzzy feeling. Cinnamon is said to have warming properties, and one sip of this spice-laden green tea is all it takes to get that cozy fireside feeling going. Add some sweet orange peel and a zingy hint of chili pepper, and you’ve got a zesty blend that warms you up from the inside out.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

So I bought 9 different teas for my sister in law from Davids – about 20g of a variety to help her figure out what she likes. I bought this one as well, and then sorta wanted it for myself, and then compromised by taking one scoop out so I could try it and decide for myself later on if I should buy more.

It’s really refreshingly orange, and what I call, zippy. The cinnamon and chili are the most dominant flavours in this blend, and I like it. It’s been ages since I had an orange-cinnamon tea. I haven’t tried H&S’s green blend so I can’t compare it to that, but I do like the green version of this type of tea about as much as I do the black. It does taste less like artificial sweetener than the H&S black blend did, so maybe this would be worth stocking up on… (It does still taste a little like artificial sweetener though. Just not as noticeably? And it could be something in the blend that makes it taste that way without it actually being sweetener.)

Flavors: Cinnamon, Orange Zest

2 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

Today was my first visit ever to an actual David’s Tea store. All of the teas I had had so far I had either stolen some from friends (hehe) or bought online. The nearest store is a 3-hour drive from where I live, so… Anyway today, I was very excited. I had heard a lot of good things about their costumer service and my experience today was awesome. The store was crowded and yet the nice lady was very patient and funny. I smelled so much tea ! And I bought a lot too. Oops.

This one came out today so it was one of the two teas of the day along with White Chocolate Frost. It is amazing ! I didn’t get any of the orange though, mostly just cinnamon, but a very sweet kind of cinnamon almost like those Valentine cinnamon hearts. The perfect tea for the month of February ! Warming and soothing and just yummy!

Flavors: Cinnamon

Cavocorax

I’m happy you had a great experience! They are the #1 reason that I attempted playing around with loose leaf. I was nervous and intimidated, and I feel shy walking into a store where I know nothing, but they were so friendly and disarming that it didn’t take long to get me comfortable! Even though I don’t buy as much from them now that I’ve branched out to other companies, I still think highly of them as a company.

Meliboum

I felt exactly the same yesterday ! I was nervous and intimidated, and I felt stupid for feeling like this, and it was so crowded I thought the lady would never tike the time I needed to let me decide… I was about to give up and just buy stuff online instead, but then she started asking questions and making conversation like I was the only customer in the store. I got to smell all the teas I wanted to try and more, and I ended up very happy about my teas and my customer experience. :) Plus I also had passed by the free teas of the day without trying any because it was too crowded, and when I had paid and everything she still took the time to ask me if I had tasted it or not and she gave me a sample cup. How amazing !

I tried this when I visited David’s Tea yesterday. This is a tea which I have wanted to try since it first came out. I have to say that I was pretty disappointed with this one. I found the orange to be very sirupy and the tea was overly sweet (I didn’t even add any type of sweetener.) The tea left a weird aftertaste in my mouth as well. I can’t see myself wanting to try this again.

Flavors: Orange Zest

Mamma mía, hello there cinnamon! I expected this to be a green tea flavoured with orange peels and a hint of cinnamon but it’s more like a cinnamon infusion with a few green tea leaves and a little almost imperceptible hint of orange. I have to say that the name in French of this tea translates to “spicy orange” so that’s why I had such presumptions. The name in English is better. Actually, why are the tea leaves so dark? They look black. It’s a very intense tea and the taste of cinnamon heart candies stays in my mouth for hours. But I love that taste so whatever :)

I got 10g of this and a few others the other day. My cupboard is feeling a little stale since I’ve been trying to par it down and thus haven’t made any purchases in awhile. I figured it’d be good to throw in a few new ones that make for easy sipdowns, and shake things up as well.
I’m not sure what made me grab one that focuses so heavily on cinnamon. I haven’t been a fan of the spice lately. It smelled so purty! and the organic tag reassured me that there’d be no artificial shtuff in there (ugh if I could just figure out which ingredient causes my ickness I’d be so happy!).
So today I made this cuppa. Looks like I got the bottom of the barrel as there were no orange bits to see or taste. It’s mostly cinnamon. I’ll have to go back and ask them about that…
Either way, it was nice for a change. I would definitely not want it more than once or twice a year but overall I found this particular blend rather drinkable. Also very smooth, unlike so many other cinnamon teas I’ve sampled. Colour me shocked.

Sipdown! (I’ve vowed to finish off the sweetheart collection this weekend and I’ll reward myself with a visit to DAVID’s on Monday)

This was a very orange-y cup of this. I made enough for two cups, had one, then had the other after a walk so it cooled pretty significantly which really brought out the orange. Cinnamon too, but no chili. I actually forgot there was supposed to be any chili in this until I came to its page. Slight hint of anise too, which I didn’t get before. Overall okay, but nothing special.

Flavors: Anise, Cinnamon, Orange Zest

Zesty is right! Would you like some tea with your spice?! haha. But, joking aside, I enjoyed this tea. Planning to buy some more when I run out. Heavily spiced with cinnamon, cloves, and oranges. Didn’t really taste the chili pepper. Maybe it was just the heat that lingers after each sip. It reminds me of a local blend called “Market Spice” from the Pike Place Market in Seattle—only that tea has a black base.

When I first steeped this I could immediately smell the chili pepper and got nervous. As it turns out, that was silly of me. I quite like this. It’s very spicy, but I do love my spices, so I was quite all right with that. Perhaps not as much orange as some might expect/hope for, but it’s noticeable. Quiet, but noticeable. It’s creeping on -30 Celsius today and this feels like the perfect drink for it.

The more I drink it, the more I think about those yummy little candy cinnamon hearts.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

This is about as close to a perfect tea as I can think of. I’ve been looking for a substitute to Teavana’s White Ayurvedic Chai for a while (due to high price, and being a white tea it was a hassle getting the temp right etc). I think I’ve finally found an amazing alternative in The Spice is Right!! It tastes like cinnamon hearts candy. I drank it with vanilla agave and some brown sugar, and it was suuuper sweet, so I think next time I’ll hold back on the sweetener a bit to see what it’s like straight. I’m thinking it’ll be perfect. LOVE.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cloves, Orange Zest, Spicy, Sweet

190 °F / 87 °C 8 min or more 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Forgot to review this one a week ago, haha. Not my favourite flavoured green I’ve come across – a bit too spicy for my taste in this format. There are other blends that I would pick frist before coming back to this one.