The Spice is Right

Green Tea
Chili Pepper, Cinnamon, Clove, Green Tea Leaves, Orange Peel
Anise, Cinnamon, Sweet, Peppercorn, Spices, Sugar, Cloves, Clove, Orange Zest, Smooth, Spicy, Apple, Black Pepper, Cardamon, Ginger, Orange, Green, Pepper, Citrus Zest
Low
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

• “So I bought 9 different teas for my sister in law from Davids – about 20g of a variety to help her figure out what she likes. I bought this one as well, and then sorta wanted it for myself,...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1774 tasting notes
  • “Today was my first visit ever to an actual David’s Tea store. All of the teas I had had so far I had either stolen some from friends (hehe) or bought online. The nearest store is a 3-hour...” Read full tasting note
    Meliboum 73 tasting notes
  • “I tried this when I visited David’s Tea yesterday. This is a tea which I have wanted to try since it first came out. I have to say that I was pretty disappointed with this one. I found the...” Read full tasting note
    MooKiwi 165 tasting notes
  • “Hello, Steepster, long time no see! I took up going to the gym and studying for the LSAT more seriously recently, so I haven’t been around my computer lately (which...” Read full tasting note
    Mookit 37 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Is there any flavour combo more comforting than orange and cinnamon? There’s something about it that’s instantly comforting – like warm spice cake or a glass of hot punch. But nostalgia isn’t the only thing giving you that warm fuzzy feeling. Cinnamon is said to have warming properties, and one sip of this spice-laden green tea is all it takes to get that cozy fireside feeling going. Add some sweet orange peel and a zingy hint of chili pepper, and you’ve got a zesty blend that warms you up from the inside out.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

So I bought 9 different teas for my sister in law from Davids – about 20g of a variety to help her figure out what she likes. I bought this one as well, and then sorta wanted it for myself, and then compromised by taking one scoop out so I could try it and decide for myself later on if I should buy more.

It’s really refreshingly orange, and what I call, zippy. The cinnamon and chili are the most dominant flavours in this blend, and I like it. It’s been ages since I had an orange-cinnamon tea. I haven’t tried H&S’s green blend so I can’t compare it to that, but I do like the green version of this type of tea about as much as I do the black. It does taste less like artificial sweetener than the H&S black blend did, so maybe this would be worth stocking up on… (It does still taste a little like artificial sweetener though. Just not as noticeably? And it could be something in the blend that makes it taste that way without it actually being sweetener.)

Flavors: Cinnamon, Orange Zest

2 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

Please keep things friendly and .

Today was my first visit ever to an actual David’s Tea store. All of the teas I had had so far I had either stolen some from friends (hehe) or bought online. The nearest store is a 3-hour drive from where I live, so… Anyway today, I was very excited. I had heard a lot of good things about their costumer service and my experience today was awesome. The store was crowded and yet the nice lady was very patient and funny. I smelled so much tea ! And I bought a lot too. Oops.

This one came out today so it was one of the two teas of the day along with White Chocolate Frost. It is amazing ! I didn’t get any of the orange though, mostly just cinnamon, but a very sweet kind of cinnamon almost like those Valentine cinnamon hearts. The perfect tea for the month of February ! Warming and soothing and just yummy!

Flavors: Cinnamon

Cavocorax

I’m happy you had a great experience! They are the #1 reason that I attempted playing around with loose leaf. I was nervous and intimidated, and I feel shy walking into a store where I know nothing, but they were so friendly and disarming that it didn’t take long to get me comfortable! Even though I don’t buy as much from them now that I’ve branched out to other companies, I still think highly of them as a company.

Meliboum

I felt exactly the same yesterday ! I was nervous and intimidated, and I felt stupid for feeling like this, and it was so crowded I thought the lady would never tike the time I needed to let me decide… I was about to give up and just buy stuff online instead, but then she started asking questions and making conversation like I was the only customer in the store. I got to smell all the teas I wanted to try and more, and I ended up very happy about my teas and my customer experience. :) Plus I also had passed by the free teas of the day without trying any because it was too crowded, and when I had paid and everything she still took the time to ask me if I had tasted it or not and she gave me a sample cup. How amazing !

Please keep things friendly and .

I tried this when I visited David’s Tea yesterday. This is a tea which I have wanted to try since it first came out. I have to say that I was pretty disappointed with this one. I found the orange to be very sirupy and the tea was overly sweet (I didn’t even add any type of sweetener.) The tea left a weird aftertaste in my mouth as well. I can’t see myself wanting to try this again.

Flavors: Orange Zest

Please keep things friendly and .

Hello, Steepster, long time no see! I took up going to the gym and studying for the LSAT more seriously recently, so I haven’t been around my computer lately (which I think is a good thing overall – I used to spend too much time sitting at my computer at home!). I also have been drinking mostly just Lady Earl Gray at work so I wouldn’t have had anything interesting to say anyway!

I did, however, try this tea at work last week. I had a little sample tin from a gift my coworker gave me so I took it to work and brewed it after lunch. It smelled quite nice, a little bit spicy and cinnamon-y. After about 3-4 minutes the colour of the tea was still very light and the aroma still mild, so I left the tea in for a little longer. When I took a sip, my head almost exploded.

This tea is seriously SPICY. Like my-mouth-and-throat-are-burining-and-I-can’t-breathe spicy! I obviously waaay over-steeped it, but I didn’t even leave it in for that long! I leave most teas in for longer than the recommended time because they end up being a bit too weak for my preference if I don’t. I was pretty shocked at my result this time, to say the least. I gave it a couple more sips, but I simply couldn’t drink this tea. I am not a fan of most chai teas, and this one is definitely not one I’ll ever try again. Down the sink it went.

I gave the sample to my mom, who in contrast with me loves most chais. Even she said that she found it super spicy and was really surprised at how strong it was, despite its light colour. I think that was another thing that threw me off – the colour remained quite light even if I left it in a bit longer. My mom had the same thought and left it in for like 10 minutes, as she reported to me. She said she drank it though, so that’s more than I accomplished, haha. Well at least she can have fun with it. I am staying away.

Awkward Soul / Oolong Owl

wow, the ingredients list doesn’t seem odd for a chai, they must of went crazy town on the peppercorns.

Mookit

Maybe it was the chili peppers. It definitely felt hot (not in the temperature sense)!

Kristal

This tea isn’t for me either. When I drink green teas, I usually want straight teas or maybe jasmine flavoruing.

Please keep things friendly and .

My new favourite tea! Cinnamon hearts are literally my favourite candy and with valentines day coming up this tea is perfect!! When I initially brewed it, it was alright- there was an overwhelming cinnamon flavour which quite honestly, I don’t mind.

I left the leaves in it as I drank it and the more it steeped and cooled the better it got. There’s definitely very strong cinnamon flavours and if you like cinnamon then it’s perfect. It’s also quite sweet but there is not sugar or stevia under the ingredients… The green tea is very subtle but I guess you could easily brew it alongside a green tea bag and it would be great too.

Overall I really like the spicy-ness (?) of the tea. There are a lot of flavours going on and I would suggest drinking it as an unsweeted iced-tea or even lukewarm xD

Flavors: Anise, Cinnamon, Sweet

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

Please keep things friendly and .

So spicy and delicious! Steeps at least twice!

Please keep things friendly and .

I got this tea as part of the 12 Teas of Christmas gift set. I really like these sets because they allow me to experience all kinds of tea without having to commit to buying much.

This one is alright. I’ll happily finish the cup, but it isn’t something I’d rush out to get more of. It’s got a nice hint of sweetness, but I find the amount of cinnamon in this blend a little overpowering. It leaves a kind of “hot” aftertaste in my mouth, which I think would be perfectly suited for an evening post-skiing or something, but maybe not for Sunday mornings spent studying at my desk. My husband loves this type of tea and will probably disagree.

Eh, it’s good but not really for me.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Peppercorn, Spices, Sugar, Sweet

3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
Vwinsloe

I think that it is the black peppercorn that gives that “bite” sensation. I like it a lot, but I wouldn’t want it for breakfast either!

M

That makes sense about the peppercorns. I’m definitely going to drink the rest of what I have so as to not make swift judgments about this one. It has potential, so maybe I just steeped it wrong.

Indigobloom

Ah love this one! I need to pick up some more asap

Please keep things friendly and .

Cinnamon is one of the most evident flavours. If steeped longer than recommended amount of time it is pretty strong and spicy! It’s also fairly sweet so I don’t think it’s necessary to add any sweetener to it. I would love to try it as a latté.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cloves

8 min or more 2 tsp

Another backlogged note from Christmas:

This was yet another tea in the set of samples my husband gave me for Christmas. I was surprised to find out that this was a green tea, because I normally associate cinnamon and orange with black tea blends.

Anyways, it wasn’t bad, but I swear to god that the sample is about 90% cinnamon chips, with barely any dry leaf in sight. I’m not complaining, since I like cinnamon, but I didn’t taste much orange or chili pepper.

Evol Ving Ness

That was my problem with this particular tea: it’s like a cinnamon forest.

Please keep things friendly and .

A colleague/friend of mine made me a cup of this recently when I was working late, so I’m predisposed to like it. :) I had no idea what I was drinking at the time, but joked with her that it should be called “Cinnamon Deliciousness”. This is an intensely cinnamon-flavoured tea, with a definite sweetness and just a hint of orange and cloves. It basically tastes like liquid cinnamon hearts, which works for me because I love cinnamon hearts, but your mileage may vary. The chili pepper gives it a warming quality that is very soothing. I would never have guessed that there is green tea in this, and I don’t really see the point of it being there since whatever flavour it might contribute is completely drowned out by all the cinnamon. Maybe it’s just for caffeine? And seriously, this tastes like it was sweetened with something, even though there aren’t any sweeteners listed in the ingredients. Mysterious.

OMGsrsly

Cinnamon on its own can be super sweet! I’ve seen some good reviews of this tea lately, I think I need to try it.