Hibiscus Punch

Caffeine Free
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

Remember your first love? This beautiful cinnamon and hibiscus tisane will bring you right back. With its alluring crimson colour and pretty hibiscus petals, it’ll have you mesmerized before even taking a sip. And when you get your first spiced, tangy taste, you’ll know it was meant to be. Did we mention that cinnamon and hibiscus are said to have aphrodisiac powers? Be still our beating hearts – we think it’s love.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Some people hate hibiscus in their tea; I get it, it’s sour and fruity and kind of one note. Besides, it is one ingredient that brews up flavorful and colorful no matter what, so it’s added in every fruit blend under the sun. I don’t have a vendetta against hibiscus, I think it’s pretty good. That said, this tea is only okay for me. I can taste the stevia and would have rather this been uber-tart than to have added sweetener, even if it’s a natural sweetener. I choose to get this tea over another flavor because hibiscus punch is caffeine free, so it has that going for it, and it is still pink and fruity and cool. This tea is just about what you expect, but be sure you like your tea sweet.

Flavors: Fruity, Hibiscus, Sour, Sweet, Tart

Herbal Traveling Tea Box

Bleh. I like hibiscus, and even this was just so sour. There was even evident tartness after sweetener, but at least it toned down the hibiscus some and brought out the cinnamon. Without, it was nearly undrinkable. The only way I would ever imagine this would be halfway decent would be iced and sweetened. Teavana Passion is tart, but it’s lovely iced and I don’t even sweeten mine these days. Something tells me this wouldn’t work as well.

Just under 2 tsp but steepster doesn’t allow non-whole numbers. I was hoping the cinnamon would somehow overwhelm the hibiscus and tried this hot. Big mistake, huuuge mistake

Tart + Spicy + Fruity. Love it!

Flavors: Cinnamon, Fruit Tree Flowers

Iced 16 OZ / 473 ML

Oh goodness NO!!!!
How many levels of ewww can a tea travel? Many, apparently, I can assure you.
I didn’t exactly read the ingredients list before purchasing this one, so I didn’t realize there was enough cinnamon in here for an unruly teen to participate in the “cinnamon challenge”!! Ugh. Whoever thought hibby, stevia, ginger AND cinnamon would blend well together must have been delirious. Stevia? Really? I’ve seen it work in some dessert teas, but I never imagined it working with any spices or spicy type additives, and that was evidently for a reason.
Of course, in the spirit of disclosure, I am in a terrible mood, having been laid off from the job that I really didn’t like. I’m part relieved and yet horrified. Sure, it was THE least challenging role I’ve ever taken on (asides from retail back in Uni that is) but then I really need the funding to pay some bills. Moreover, for my tea! ha!
Nevermind that. This is still a nasty tea. Slightly better when cold, where I can actually taste some of the hibby. Funny, I never thought I’d see the day when something could dominate that formidable flower… but then I hadn’t considered pitting the two most overpowering tea additives I know of against each other. Makes sense, I suppose, to match the intensity of flavours. But then, isn’t that somewhat like mixing soy sauce and oatmeal??
Bleh. Overall, I think it is the general combination of things that makes it all so terrible. Stevia is the icing on the proverbial cake (Ick. cake is delicious. Or at least it is supposed to be!)

When I first tried this tea, it seemed a bit cold for something as spring related as this tea, it was actually right during a snowstorm. Needless to say I was not feeling the spring vibe, but I don’t think that is the source of my indifference to this tea.

I’m personally not a fan of this tea. It was way too cinnamon-y for me. Just like last month’s tea of the month was has way too much cinnamon, this one does too. It’ not even like I have anything against cinnamon, it’s just that this tea really overdoes it with the cinnamon.

I wasn’t even expecting it to have cinnamon at all (because of its name). I was expecting a more floral and fruity type tea, but obviously that was not the case. It was only a little bit floral (because there was way too much cinnamon) and not fruity at all.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Flowers

No no no no no. We went in to getthe Spring teas, and this was on sample and no… no no no. I tried it and smelt it first. Cinnamon. Okay, not so bad…Tasted it.

And died a little inside. I should have known from the name, Hibiscus and me and tea, do not agree. At all. All I could taste was some strange hybrid of what probably would happen if you mixed tea, cinnamon, beer, vodka and the cheapest wine you could possibly find, all in a bowl.

No. I just… No. >_<

I am enjoying this tea more and more each time I drink it. I find that, when the tea is warm, the sweetness from the cinnamon is the dominant flavour. However, as the tea cools, the tartness from the hibiscus starts to pop more. I have some cold steeping in the fridge to see what effect that has on it.

Finally, a new flavour to try! I was looking for something new to try iced today (and not from the spring collection, as I’m getting that in the mail soon) and this was the tea of the day. I loved this – nice and tart and delicious. I’m not a huge fan of ginger in my tea, but the amount in this was good enough for me. I’m not sure if I’ll ever go for this one hot, but as an iced blend this was a winner.

Here’s a tea I don’t really get. I have now tried it hot and iced and I absolutely dread it either way. I was told that if you were a fan of Kanpe that this would be a good alternative. Well, I wasn’t a huge fan of Kanpe, but I also didn’t spit it back out either. This one… bleh. In DT terms, it’s like if Queen of Tarts and The Glow had a baby.

I finally got around to trying this tea and am glad I did. When dry, the smell of the tea is very similar to The Glow. It smells strongly of cinnamon and mildly of apple- even thought there are no apples it in. When steeped, the tea turns a beautiful fuchsia colour. The tea is warm, slightly fruity, and has a sour note to it. I look forward to trying this tea iced as well during the summer. I think it would be really nice with the sour and fruity notes with a touch of agave.