Blue Lagoon

Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

From DAVIDsTEA

The Spring 2014 Collection

Blue you away
You might think tea drinking is a pretty tame pastime, but we like to imagine every new cup is an adventure. Don’t believe us? Try a sip of this exotic, fruity tisane and see where it takes you. Maybe you’ll find yourself floating in a violet-tinted lagoon, perfumed with fresh blueberries. Or perhaps you’ll be sunning yourself on a remote beach, digging into a freshly picked pineapple. Wherever you get whisked away, one thing is certain: you’re going to want to go there again. Limited edition.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

So glad I ended up buying some “Blue Lagoon” when it came back earlier this year. It’s a lovely fruit infusion. It has the perfect amount of sweetness from the blueberries in the tea and it’s great as an iced tea and as a hot tea.

I picked this tea up in the “They’re Back” David’s tea collection. I tried it once, and wasn’t incredibly fond. It was better as a cold tea, but just wasn’t my cup. Heavily pineapple flavoured with lingering blueberry sweetness. This tea is good for a summer day.

Flavors: Blueberry, Pineapple

Pineapple and blueberry is not a combination that I’d normally go for, but I was intrigued by this tea because I enjoy Teavana’s Blueberry Kona Pop (or whatever they’re calling it these days) tea blend. I thought this would be comparable. It wasn’t. I sampled this hot and was not impressed. The blueberry flavor was very light. The lemongrass and pineapple completely overwhelmed my cuppa.

Flavors: Blueberry, Lemongrass, Pineapple

This was hands down my favourite tea I’ve tried from DavidsTea. So sad it didn’t come back this year!

YUM !! Tastes like a tropical vacation in my mouth!!!!!!

Flavors: Blueberry, Pineapple

Chris Coppens

This one deserves a higher score, disappointed in you Megan.

Yummy yum yum yum Yummy Yummy YUM.

Ahh this teas is lovely! I’m so happy I decided to purchase the “They’re Back!” Collection! This tea tastes so much like Blueberry Jam, but with lemongrass and a slight hint of pineapple. A lovely tea to end the night, mainly because it’s soooo good and there’s no caffeine!

Flavors: Blueberry, Lemongrass, Pineapple

I couldn’t resist picking up some “blast from the past” online-only teas from David’s before my tea purchasing hiatus took effect. I haven’t been knitting as much and my yarn budget has been entirely transferred to tea purchases. My bank account looks like I’ve got a sugar baby and his name is David. I’m cutting you off, David.

The dry blend looked like it was 90% lemongrass so I was not expecting the flavor payoff that this gives at all. WOW. I’ve never tasted a blueberry tea that actually tastes like fresh blueberries. It does seem slightly artificial but frankly I’m willing to deal with that because it’s David’s and this is tasty.

(UPDATE) Lowering my rating a bit just because the aftertaste is weird. Leaves you with a super chemically taste which is a shame after how good it was.

Amazing iced. Remniscent of blueberry juice. I wish I could buy more of this. It got nabbed from the list last spring.

Flavors: Blueberry, Fruity

I’m not sure how I feel on this tea… It smells delicious, the taste isn’t bad, however the after taste just doesn’t sit well with me. I made a pot of this tonight and have had two cups so far. I think its the lemongrass… I don’t think I like lemongrass as a tea ingredient :-/ I’m also not a huge blueberry fan, so the combination of blueberries and lemon grass just isn’t doing it for me. I was hoping for a sweet and berry-like taste, sadly this is not.

I only bought a small taster tin of this, so I won’t be sad when its gone.

Flavors: Blueberry, Lemongrass

Love at first taste. A refreshing tea that is an even more delightful iced tea. When I need a quick taste of something when I am hot from working, it will be this tea. That’s just how cool it is as an iced beverage. Forget soda, forget energy drinks, for everything you know except this tea.

Curious tidbit, every first sip I take of this tea reminds me of the color purple.

Books recommended to go with this tea: Summer Sisters by Judy Blume, Usurper of the Sun (Novel) by Housuke Nojiri, Who Can You Trust? (Rockett’s World) by Lauren Day (YA lit book)

Flavors: Flowers