Blue Lagoon

Blueberry, Cornflower Petals, Elderberry, Lemongrass, Pineapple
Flowers, Blueberry, Pineapple, Ash, Berries, Lemon Zest
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “Love at first taste. A refreshing tea that is an even more delightful iced tea. When I need a quick taste of something when I am hot from working, it will be this tea. That's just how cool it is as...” Read full tasting note
    Isserly 10 tasting notes
  • “The blueberries are definitely the upfront smell upon opening the bag of blue lagoon. The smell reminds me of a blue/blueberry candy (gummy sharks maybe?) and although I like blueberries I don't...” Read full tasting note
    MegDonovan 58 tasting notes
  • “I was excited to try this one, because pineapple is my favourite fruit. Upon opening the package, a very juicy, ripe blueberry scent was present. It was awesome. After brewing as instructed, I was...” Read full tasting note
    Jillbot 3 tasting notes
  • “LOVE LOVE LOVE this tea! So sad it was only a seasonal one, really hoping they bring it back in the future! The candied pineapple added the right amount of sweetness and was great hot or iced. ” Read full tasting note
    becky_m 22 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Blue you away
You might think tea drinking is a pretty tame pastime, but we like to imagine every new cup is an adventure. Don’t believe us? Try a sip of this exotic, fruity tisane and see where it takes you. Maybe you’ll find yourself floating in a violet-tinted lagoon, perfumed with fresh blueberries. Or perhaps you’ll be sunning yourself on a remote beach, digging into a freshly picked pineapple. Wherever you get whisked away, one thing is certain: you’re going to want to go there again. Limited edition.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Love at first taste. A refreshing tea that is an even more delightful iced tea. When I need a quick taste of something when I am hot from working, it will be this tea. That’s just how cool it is as an iced beverage. Forget soda, forget energy drinks, for everything you know except this tea.

Curious tidbit, every first sip I take of this tea reminds me of the color purple.

Books recommended to go with this tea: Summer Sisters by Judy Blume, Usurper of the Sun (Novel) by Housuke Nojiri, Who Can You Trust? (Rockett’s World) by Lauren Day (YA lit book)

Flavors: Flowers

The blueberries are definitely the upfront smell upon opening the bag of blue lagoon. The smell reminds me of a blue/blueberry candy (gummy sharks maybe?) and although I like blueberries I don’t find it as appealing as I thought I would.

I decided this sounded best iced and steeped it overnight in the fridge. When I first added the water, the color looked awful – a dirty black-grey. I actually had to stop and think about whether I accidentally used our tap water from here (we are in the country right now and on a well – the water is safe to drink and doesn’t taste bad but has a high mineral content) instead of the water we bring from home. I left it though and overnight it turned a purpleish color that was much more appealing! (But doesn’t say blue lagoon to me – though I suppose artificial colors would be the only way to get the swimming pool blue I somehow expected, so I can live with the purple).

Taste-wise, it was sweet but not too sweet (I didn’t add anything to it) and had a light blueberry taste. I didn’t get any pineapple flavour, but I’d imagine that is what contributed to the sweetness.

Overall, this isn’t special enough to want to buy more of. I much prefer the assault of flavour from blueberry jam! This reminds me of blueberry jam that was resteeped a few times.

I was excited to try this one, because pineapple is my favourite fruit. Upon opening the package, a very juicy, ripe blueberry scent was present. It was awesome. After brewing as instructed, I was pleased with the more toned-down, mellow and delicate sweetness of the blueberry and pineapple. I think this is a very relaxing flavour that really does remind me of being near a beach. Looking forward to trying this one iced.

Went into mu first David’s Tea store the other day! What a delight. We need some stores in MN!! I bought this tea in what was kinda like a clearance section I believe. The lady at the front told me that they are going to discontinue this tea, which is too bad because it’s quite good. Not many teas use blueberries and out of the ones I’ve had none of them could get such a luscious flavor like this! Good hot but I am also really enjoying it cold as well.

Flavors: Blueberry

155 °F / 68 °C 8 min or more 2 tsp
darby

I agree! Maybe we need to start a petition to get them in MN!

Skysamurai

I sent them an e-mail to request a store in the Mall of america. Someone needs to give Teavana some competition.

Omg! The most divine tea I have ever had in my entire life. This tea is perfect! Iced or in a latté, it just can’t be beat! The blueberry and pineapple are a blissful combination. This would make great Popsicles for the hot summer months.

Flavors: Blueberry, Pineapple

2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
madametj

that sounds really good :)

This is the perfect herbal fruit tea for me. I really really wish they would offer this year round. It made a perfect ice tea!

Flavors: Blueberry

Tried this as an iced tea and it was a nice refreshing mild drink. Blueberry and pineapple flavours are mild, but clean tasting and fresh.

Flavors: Pineapple

’Here’s Hoping’ traveling teabox Round #2 // Tea #32
This is another blend in the teabox with lemongrass in it. haha. I haven’t had so many lemongrass teas in my life! Luckily I like it anyway. A lovely fruity herbal. This would be ridiculous iced. It is so sweet it’s like a fruit punch. I’m not sure how they managed it. I can’t tell if it’s splenda or something. This brews up a periwinkle color, so at least there isn’t any hibiscus in it! It doesn’t seem like blueberry or pineapple though. Maybe hints of pineapple but really just sugary sweetness. This blend certainly could have been worse (hibiscus). I just love traveling teaboxes – trying a bunch of teas!

2 tbsp for 375 ml

Very sugary sweet. Blueberry flavour prominent. Lemongrass is well balanced- doesn’t leave too much unpleasant aftertaste.

Thanks to Kittenna for sharing!

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 6 tsp 13 OZ / 375 ML