Blue Lagoon

Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

From DAVIDsTEA

The Spring 2014 Collection

Blue you away
You might think tea drinking is a pretty tame pastime, but we like to imagine every new cup is an adventure. Don’t believe us? Try a sip of this exotic, fruity tisane and see where it takes you. Maybe you’ll find yourself floating in a violet-tinted lagoon, perfumed with fresh blueberries. Or perhaps you’ll be sunning yourself on a remote beach, digging into a freshly picked pineapple. Wherever you get whisked away, one thing is certain: you’re going to want to go there again. Limited edition.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I picked this tea up in the “They’re Back” David’s tea collection. I tried it once, and wasn’t incredibly fond. It was better as a cold tea, but just wasn’t my cup. Heavily pineapple flavoured with lingering blueberry sweetness. This tea is good for a summer day.

Flavors: Blueberry, Pineapple

This was hands down my favourite tea I’ve tried from DavidsTea. So sad it didn’t come back this year!

YUM !! Tastes like a tropical vacation in my mouth!!!!!!

Flavors: Blueberry, Pineapple

Chris Coppens

This one deserves a higher score, disappointed in you Megan.

Yummy yum yum yum Yummy Yummy YUM.

Ahh this teas is lovely! I’m so happy I decided to purchase the “They’re Back!” Collection! This tea tastes so much like Blueberry Jam, but with lemongrass and a slight hint of pineapple. A lovely tea to end the night, mainly because it’s soooo good and there’s no caffeine!

Flavors: Blueberry, Lemongrass, Pineapple

I couldn’t resist picking up some “blast from the past” online-only teas from David’s before my tea purchasing hiatus took effect. I haven’t been knitting as much and my yarn budget has been entirely transferred to tea purchases. My bank account looks like I’ve got a sugar baby and his name is David. I’m cutting you off, David.

The dry blend looked like it was 90% lemongrass so I was not expecting the flavor payoff that this gives at all. WOW. I’ve never tasted a blueberry tea that actually tastes like fresh blueberries. It does seem slightly artificial but frankly I’m willing to deal with that because it’s David’s and this is tasty.

(UPDATE) Lowering my rating a bit just because the aftertaste is weird. Leaves you with a super chemically taste which is a shame after how good it was.

Amazing iced. Remniscent of blueberry juice. I wish I could buy more of this. It got nabbed from the list last spring.

Flavors: Blueberry, Fruity

I’m not sure how I feel on this tea… It smells delicious, the taste isn’t bad, however the after taste just doesn’t sit well with me. I made a pot of this tonight and have had two cups so far. I think its the lemongrass… I don’t think I like lemongrass as a tea ingredient :-/ I’m also not a huge blueberry fan, so the combination of blueberries and lemon grass just isn’t doing it for me. I was hoping for a sweet and berry-like taste, sadly this is not.

I only bought a small taster tin of this, so I won’t be sad when its gone.

Flavors: Blueberry, Lemongrass

Love at first taste. A refreshing tea that is an even more delightful iced tea. When I need a quick taste of something when I am hot from working, it will be this tea. That’s just how cool it is as an iced beverage. Forget soda, forget energy drinks, for everything you know except this tea.

Curious tidbit, every first sip I take of this tea reminds me of the color purple.

Books recommended to go with this tea: Summer Sisters by Judy Blume, Usurper of the Sun (Novel) by Housuke Nojiri, Who Can You Trust? (Rockett’s World) by Lauren Day (YA lit book)

Flavors: Flowers

The blueberries are definitely the upfront smell upon opening the bag of blue lagoon. The smell reminds me of a blue/blueberry candy (gummy sharks maybe?) and although I like blueberries I don’t find it as appealing as I thought I would.

I decided this sounded best iced and steeped it overnight in the fridge. When I first added the water, the color looked awful – a dirty black-grey. I actually had to stop and think about whether I accidentally used our tap water from here (we are in the country right now and on a well – the water is safe to drink and doesn’t taste bad but has a high mineral content) instead of the water we bring from home. I left it though and overnight it turned a purpleish color that was much more appealing! (But doesn’t say blue lagoon to me – though I suppose artificial colors would be the only way to get the swimming pool blue I somehow expected, so I can live with the purple).

Taste-wise, it was sweet but not too sweet (I didn’t add anything to it) and had a light blueberry taste. I didn’t get any pineapple flavour, but I’d imagine that is what contributed to the sweetness.

Overall, this isn’t special enough to want to buy more of. I much prefer the assault of flavour from blueberry jam! This reminds me of blueberry jam that was resteeped a few times.

I was excited to try this one, because pineapple is my favourite fruit. Upon opening the package, a very juicy, ripe blueberry scent was present. It was awesome. After brewing as instructed, I was pleased with the more toned-down, mellow and delicate sweetness of the blueberry and pineapple. I think this is a very relaxing flavour that really does remind me of being near a beach. Looking forward to trying this one iced.