Grape Expectations

Natural Flavours, Organic Cornflower, Organic Full Leaf Green Tea, Raisins
Fruity, Grapes, Grass, Hay, Sugar
Medium
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

• “*Pass The Stash TTB* Sweetened and iced. This is a little grassy, a little grape jolly rancher-y and a little plastic-y. I've noticed the plastic note in some fruity teas before. Not fond.” Read full tasting note
    Mandyyyy 294 tasting notes
  • “I first tried steeping this tea hot and I wasn't impressed. This time I cold steeped it and it is much better! I get a wheatgrass tang from this at times and a really strong flavor that sometimes...” Read full tasting note
    Dustin2Dust 557 tasting notes
  • “Hooray, one of the teas that inspired my swap with *VariaTEA* went into a cold brew last night—only for around 3hrs. That was almost too long... darn sencha. Maybe I just overleafed. Still good,...” Read full tasting note
    memily 770 tasting notes
  • “This was actually the only tea from the Spring line that I tried. I love it. I'm generally less of a fan of green teas because I find they are grassy and irritate my throat, but this one is just...” Read full tasting note
    B-Dot 41 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

The grape escape
We’ve fallen hard for this fresh, tangy, grape-filled blend. In fact, it’s David’s new favourite flavoured tea. Why does he love it so much? There’s just something so luxurious about it. With green tea perfumed with Muscat and concord grapes, it’s a drink fit for royalty. Just brewing a cup makes you feel like you’re floating on some fabulous yacht in the Mediterranean or along the French Riviera. Try it iced in champagne flutes for the full effect. Something tells us we’re into something grape. Limited edition.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

The first time I made this tea, I steeped it for too long and it was very bitter, so I tried it again, and made sure to do it properly and the verdict, after two extra tries is that this tea tastes like what grape scented playdough smells like. I was very disappointed.

Can’t base my review on much since I just tried a sample in the store, but…I have mixed feelings. I bought a small amount because it SMELLS so good. The taste as a sample was a bit of a let-down, so I’ll have to write a more complete review after my first cup I make myself. Don’t know if I’ll get around to trying it iced, since I bought so little (the stackable tin…24g of tea, so about 5 cups?). We’ll see.

Verdict so far: great smell, less great taste.

keychange

Uggh. I hear you there. This smelled amazing and tasted gross to me.

Jen M

@keychange
I wouldn’t go as far as saying it was gross, but I also did only try a tiny bit of it. It certainly was a disappointment compared to the smell (smells exactly like grape candy to me)

Increasing rating for this a little. Cold-brewed this last night with a bit of honey to sweeten – so good! Much better than the hot version. The sweetness makes the grape flavor come out more, perfect for summertime

Iced 8 min or more

Back from the future in-laws! I went prepared this time, with my Timolino and some tea, but I didn’t have any the entire time I was there. I’m thinking of getting an electric kettle for my fiance’s mom so that she can make tea more easily and I will be able to make tea when I go over. (I swear, my own selfish desire to feed my tea addiction did not play into the formation of this idea at all …)

Anyway, I was desperate for tea when I got home. In keeping with my goal of trying the whole spring collection before I place another DAVIDs order, I made some Grape Expectations. (Insert pun-filled joke about this tea’s name and my hopes for its taste here.)

Dry and brewed, this tea smells like grape Tootsie Pops. Hooray! I like those! That’s the flavor I usually pick if I have to eat one! The taste of the tea, however, is sadly lacking. It’s edging on bitter and floral. It sweetens as it cools, but the bitter edge becomes more pronounced as well. Ick. I’m going to sweeten the second steep and see if that helps any.

So far, I’ve been mostly disappointed with the spring collection, which is just depressing. I was really hoping I’d find at least one tea that I absolutely loved. Maybe I’ll have better luck with Cool Cucumber. :-/

(Edit: Second steep with sugar is all bitter nastiness. Yuck.)

This morning I’m needing an energy boost. We have a lot to do today. I received this sample maybe a month ago and have finally decided to try it now that we are moved. Wow as soon as I opened the package, BAM! Grape! It does smell quite like artificial grape but I love grape. It smells like grape pop or grape freezers mmmmm!
Steeped it smells so much like natural grape! I’m amazed ! It’s like perfect! I am ver impressed by this tea, definitely exceeded my expectations. I will be purchasing this soon.

The tea smells very nice. Maybe I have a soft spot for grape flavour but this tea absolutely tastes marvellous to me. it’s also quite energy boosting.

This tea has a grape kool-aid flavour to me, but I like it in the best way possible. I’ve been assured that this does not taste like Grape childrens cough syrup (I love Currant Affair, but that is what it tastes like and I loved that taste as a kid).
I prefer this one hot, believe it or not. However, it does make a nice iced tea as well.
Good job, DT!

This is not bad at all. The dry leaf smells really strong and fruity with a grape soda type of flavour. I steeped this exactly as per package directions because I didn’t want it to be bitter, and it wasn’t! The grape flavour is not prominent and pairs well with the light green tea base. There is less grassiness in my cup than I expected. This definitely does taste like grape, but weirdly, the aftertaste of this really reminds me of lychee!!! Overall, it’s not very “juicy” since the green tea base is pretty dominant and the grape flavour is pretty light. But I think it’s a good, refreshing tea for spring! :)

I’m going to try this iced/sweetened next!

Flavors: Grapes, Grass

185 °F / 85 °C 3 min, 0 sec 0 OZ / 0 ML

Oh wow. I was not expecting to like this tea this much. Maybe the occasional cup now and then, but I’ve been really hitting this one hard!

I’m getting better with steeping green teas so they don’t hit that bitterness. Taken to carrying this around in my Timo, and I’m not disappointed.

Smelled like grape koolaid, tastes like… refreshing. Yes. Thats right. Refreshing is now a taste. Your welcome.

I am not much experienced with green teas, let alone with Sencha so….not sure what rating I should give this tea.

Taste-I taste very little grape and alot of grass. I mean I know Sencha is supposed to be a little grassy, but blah! It’s barely drinkable and trying to convince myself to finish the cup instead of pitching it down the sink. I noticed 1 person mentioned that they should try steeping it at 2 min. and if I can talk myself into trying this again, I will try that. I will also try it iced, it tastes like it would be an ok iced tea, particularly if I put more sugar in it. Maybe add a little grape pop to take away the grassy taste. (Which at this time I am not really keen on, but still would like to try some fancy dancy sencha and other green teas just to say that I did.)