Grape Expectations

Green Tea
Natural Flavours, Organic Cornflower, Organic Full Leaf Green Tea, Raisins
Floral, Grapes, Fruity, Grass, Hay, Sugar
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

The grape escape
We’ve fallen hard for this fresh, tangy, grape-filled blend. In fact, it’s David’s new favourite flavoured tea. Why does he love it so much? There’s just something so luxurious about it. With green tea perfumed with Muscat and concord grapes, it’s a drink fit for royalty. Just brewing a cup makes you feel like you’re floating on some fabulous yacht in the Mediterranean or along the French Riviera. Try it iced in champagne flutes for the full effect. Something tells us we’re into something grape. Limited edition.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Oh wow. I was not expecting to like this tea this much. Maybe the occasional cup now and then, but I’ve been really hitting this one hard!

I’m getting better with steeping green teas so they don’t hit that bitterness. Taken to carrying this around in my Timo, and I’m not disappointed.

Smelled like grape koolaid, tastes like… refreshing. Yes. Thats right. Refreshing is now a taste. Your welcome.

I am not much experienced with green teas, let alone with Sencha so….not sure what rating I should give this tea.

Taste-I taste very little grape and alot of grass. I mean I know Sencha is supposed to be a little grassy, but blah! It’s barely drinkable and trying to convince myself to finish the cup instead of pitching it down the sink. I noticed 1 person mentioned that they should try steeping it at 2 min. and if I can talk myself into trying this again, I will try that. I will also try it iced, it tastes like it would be an ok iced tea, particularly if I put more sugar in it. Maybe add a little grape pop to take away the grassy taste. (Which at this time I am not really keen on, but still would like to try some fancy dancy sencha and other green teas just to say that I did.)

Yum! I really liked this! Kind of reminded me of grape popsicles, which I love! I only ordered one of the 25 mg tins, but I think I’ll definitely get some more! Can I say it again? Yum!

Flavors: Grapes

Woo, free TOTD for St. Patrick’s! I had it sweetened, but don’t really think that it was necessary. The flavour was much the same as when I made it – grapey but not too artificial, and heavy on the grassy base, but no astringency. A tasty cup :) Perhaps not my first choice, but Green & Fruity was my other option, and my memories of that one aren’t terribly fond.

I am with a few other people on here who say that the base is a little too strong in this one. I found it a little bitter, but that might have been a brewing error. I will have to try it at 2 minutes to see if this is the case or not. I guess I should also try this iced, since it is a spring tea.
In other words, I am not that big of a fan.

Flavors: Grapes

So I’m not so sure about this tea. When I went to DavidsTea for the spring teas, I wasn’t originally planning on picking this one up, but the ladies who work there recommended it, so of course, I got some. ;)

I made it hot, but I think I’d like to try it iced. Hot, it has that artificial grape smell, which is good, but I don’t think I like that combined with tea. With each sip, you get that grape flavor up front, and then the green tea flavor hits you. The ladies at DavidsTea said it tasted crisp, which is kinda right, although I would also say the green tea has a dryness about it. Steeped at 2 minutes, the flavor wasn’t too prominent, so I resteeped for 3 minutes, and now the green base is a bit bitter. Hmmm, definitely gonna try it iced.

I have to up my rating on this one, because I have come to absolutely love it over the past couple of months (I even bought a 250g bag before it became discontinued). I was hesitant on the grape flavour before, now I think it’s endearing – and this has become one of my favourite flavoured greens.

I really didn’t get what I expected from this one, I’m disappointed.

Dry leaves smell almost exactly like blue raisins. It’s an awesone smell and you want to taste the grapes so much when you drink the tea. Unfortunately, it mostly tastes green tea with a very weak grape aftertaste, which I don’t even get in every sip.

Overall, this tea does not taste bad, you just really don’t get what you would want (I believe you are looking for a grape taste if you are buying grape tea).

So I packaged up all my swaps today with the help of my friend from Vancouver and then we dropped them off at the post and freed my David’s package from tea jail. As a thank you for all her help, I let my friend choose what tea to try first and she picked this.

It is a weird little tea, not bad, but weird. It is definitely grape soda type grape but combined with grass. My friend is quite the fan but I need a little more convincing because it is interesting but the base is just a touch too strong.

Flavors: Grapes, Grass

Uggh I know. It smells great though!

It really does.

great. now I want grape soda.

nxtdoor, have the grape soda then. Because this tea will let you down if you’re not also craving grass.

someone said grass? :P

Roswell Strange

I’m fighting with this one: raisins/green tea = bad, but grape soda = good.

I can send you a sample :)

Roswell Strange

But I’d feel bad because you just mailed off some tea today anyway!

So I will save some and send it when there are more teas to send.

I actually just realized there was something else I meant to send you and I forgot to toss it into the envelope :(

Grape big let down… Maybe I steeped it too long, or should have cold steeped it like I planned, but sadly had to pour a cup with two tsp of this down the drain tonight so sad. What a waste of money. Gonna try again in a few days. This is why I despise trying new flavours..

Flavors: Grass