Grape Expectations

Natural Flavours, Organic Cornflower, Organic Full Leaf Green Tea, Raisins
Fruity, Grapes, Grass, Hay, Sugar
Medium
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

• “*Pass The Stash TTB* Sweetened and iced. This is a little grassy, a little grape jolly rancher-y and a little plastic-y. I've noticed the plastic note in some fruity teas before. Not fond.” Read full tasting note
    Mandyyyy 294 tasting notes
  • “I first tried steeping this tea hot and I wasn't impressed. This time I cold steeped it and it is much better! I get a wheatgrass tang from this at times and a really strong flavor that sometimes...” Read full tasting note
    Dustin2Dust 553 tasting notes
  • “Hooray, one of the teas that inspired my swap with *VariaTEA* went into a cold brew last night—only for around 3hrs. That was almost too long... darn sencha. Maybe I just overleafed. Still good,...” Read full tasting note
    memily 770 tasting notes
  • “This was actually the only tea from the Spring line that I tried. I love it. I'm generally less of a fan of green teas because I find they are grassy and irritate my throat, but this one is just...” Read full tasting note
    B-Dot 41 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

The grape escape
We’ve fallen hard for this fresh, tangy, grape-filled blend. In fact, it’s David’s new favourite flavoured tea. Why does he love it so much? There’s just something so luxurious about it. With green tea perfumed with Muscat and concord grapes, it’s a drink fit for royalty. Just brewing a cup makes you feel like you’re floating on some fabulous yacht in the Mediterranean or along the French Riviera. Try it iced in champagne flutes for the full effect. Something tells us we’re into something grape. Limited edition.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Yum! I really liked this! Kind of reminded me of grape popsicles, which I love! I only ordered one of the 25 mg tins, but I think I’ll definitely get some more! Can I say it again? Yum!

Flavors: Grapes

Woo, free TOTD for St. Patrick’s! I had it sweetened, but don’t really think that it was necessary. The flavour was much the same as when I made it – grapey but not too artificial, and heavy on the grassy base, but no astringency. A tasty cup :) Perhaps not my first choice, but Green & Fruity was my other option, and my memories of that one aren’t terribly fond.

I am with a few other people on here who say that the base is a little too strong in this one. I found it a little bitter, but that might have been a brewing error. I will have to try it at 2 minutes to see if this is the case or not. I guess I should also try this iced, since it is a spring tea.
In other words, I am not that big of a fan.

Flavors: Grapes

So I’m not so sure about this tea. When I went to DavidsTea for the spring teas, I wasn’t originally planning on picking this one up, but the ladies who work there recommended it, so of course, I got some. ;)

I made it hot, but I think I’d like to try it iced. Hot, it has that artificial grape smell, which is good, but I don’t think I like that combined with tea. With each sip, you get that grape flavor up front, and then the green tea flavor hits you. The ladies at DavidsTea said it tasted crisp, which is kinda right, although I would also say the green tea has a dryness about it. Steeped at 2 minutes, the flavor wasn’t too prominent, so I resteeped for 3 minutes, and now the green base is a bit bitter. Hmmm, definitely gonna try it iced.

Another new taste from the spring collection – and this is the one I was the most vary of as I am not a big green tea drinker. The smell of this one was amazing and while the taste didn’t quite live up to the smell, I was still happy with my cup. Very light and refreshing and I think I’m going to try it iced next.

I really didn’t get what I expected from this one, I’m disappointed.

Dry leaves smell almost exactly like blue raisins. It’s an awesone smell and you want to taste the grapes so much when you drink the tea. Unfortunately, it mostly tastes green tea with a very weak grape aftertaste, which I don’t even get in every sip.

Overall, this tea does not taste bad, you just really don’t get what you would want (I believe you are looking for a grape taste if you are buying grape tea).

2062 tasting notes

So I packaged up all my swaps today with the help of my friend from Vancouver and then we dropped them off at the post and freed my David’s package from tea jail. As a thank you for all her help, I let my friend choose what tea to try first and she picked this.

It is a weird little tea, not bad, but weird. It is definitely grape soda type grape but combined with grass. My friend is quite the fan but I need a little more convincing because it is interesting but the base is just a touch too strong.

Flavors: Grapes, Grass

keychange

Uggh I know. It smells great though!

It really does.

Nxtdoor

great. now I want grape soda.

keychange

nxtdoor, have the grape soda then. Because this tea will let you down if you’re not also craving grass.

Nxtdoor

someone said grass? :P

Roswell Strange

I’m fighting with this one: raisins/green tea = bad, but grape soda = good.

VariaTEA

I can send you a sample :)

Roswell Strange

But I’d feel bad because you just mailed off some tea today anyway!

VariaTEA

So I will save some and send it when there are more teas to send.

VariaTEA

I actually just realized there was something else I meant to send you and I forgot to toss it into the envelope :(

Grape big let down… Maybe I steeped it too long, or should have cold steeped it like I planned, but sadly had to pour a cup with two tsp of this down the drain tonight so sad. What a waste of money. Gonna try again in a few days. This is why I despise trying new flavours..

Flavors: Grass

I am impressed!! This tea smells like koolaid and grape popsicles and manages to turn that into a sophisticated and springy green. I do get the base flavour of the green tea, but it really works with the underlying grape flavours. This tea is, in a word, fantastic! I am super thrilled. I wasn’t sure I could be sold on a grape green, but I absolutely can. It is amazing. This is such a great way to start off the spring collection, the only issue is which one to try next!!

Flavors: Grapes, Grass

keychange

oh my god I need to try this green again. How on earth did I screw it up so badly?

mewakeling

I did get the grass notes you got. It wasn’t a juicy grape, more like a grape infused green. I didn’t find it super sweet, but it was nice and naturally a little sweet. I think it could get grassy fast, so I really watched the steep time and temp on it. Try is again and see if it is different for you!

I was expecting a little bit of a similar flavor to Bubbly when they said it was their new grape tea but I’d have to say it’s more unique than that. It’s kind of fresh like grape juice with the round flavors of green tea playing in the backdrop to help pronounce those very subtle qualities of the fruit. It’s not too bad and would make a great iced tea. I’ll have to drink a bit more of it to say if it’d be a standard for the season . I’m still partial to the retired tea “Cherry Blossom” for that. Cheers.

Amariel

Maybe I’ll try it if it is a sample. but the teas smells like artificial grape soda, which was a turn off for me, so I didn’t get any.