Grape Expectations

Natural Flavours, Organic Cornflower, Organic Full Leaf Green Tea, Raisins
Floral, Grapes, Fruity, Grass, Hay, Sugar
Medium
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

From DAVIDsTEA

The grape escape
We’ve fallen hard for this fresh, tangy, grape-filled blend. In fact, it’s David’s new favourite flavoured tea. Why does he love it so much? There’s just something so luxurious about it. With green tea perfumed with Muscat and concord grapes, it’s a drink fit for royalty. Just brewing a cup makes you feel like you’re floating on some fabulous yacht in the Mediterranean or along the French Riviera. Try it iced in champagne flutes for the full effect. Something tells us we’re into something grape. Limited edition.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I am impressed!! This tea smells like koolaid and grape popsicles and manages to turn that into a sophisticated and springy green. I do get the base flavour of the green tea, but it really works with the underlying grape flavours. This tea is, in a word, fantastic! I am super thrilled. I wasn’t sure I could be sold on a grape green, but I absolutely can. It is amazing. This is such a great way to start off the spring collection, the only issue is which one to try next!!

Flavors: Grapes, Grass

keychange

oh my god I need to try this green again. How on earth did I screw it up so badly?

mewakeling

I did get the grass notes you got. It wasn’t a juicy grape, more like a grape infused green. I didn’t find it super sweet, but it was nice and naturally a little sweet. I think it could get grassy fast, so I really watched the steep time and temp on it. Try is again and see if it is different for you!

I was expecting a little bit of a similar flavor to Bubbly when they said it was their new grape tea but I’d have to say it’s more unique than that. It’s kind of fresh like grape juice with the round flavors of green tea playing in the backdrop to help pronounce those very subtle qualities of the fruit. It’s not too bad and would make a great iced tea. I’ll have to drink a bit more of it to say if it’d be a standard for the season . I’m still partial to the retired tea “Cherry Blossom” for that. Cheers.

Plunkybug

Maybe I’ll try it if it is a sample. but the teas smells like artificial grape soda, which was a turn off for me, so I didn’t get any.

I had grape expectations for this tea, but I’m not sure they were met. The sencha is nice and smooth, but I don’t really know what to make of the grape flavoring. It isn’t medicine-like grape, thankfully, but it isn’t a nice, crisp grape flavor either. It almost tastes like raisins rather than fresh grapes. I would not order more, but it’s drinkable.

Oh god. Something went fifty shades of wrong with this tea, and I imagine it was me, because what I brewed up could not have been enjoyable to anyone, not even one of those pretentious people who insist they like something that is highly improbable. But omg. So, so gross.

The dry leaf smells exactly like the smelly grape markers we used to play with as children. I wanted so much for that to transfer into the taste, but alas that was not to be. I couldn’t resist putting a touch of cream in the cup before starting, although perhaps that’s what ruined it? anyway, I brewed it for three minutes, and it was very bitter and tasted as though i was drinking liquid grass. A bit of rock sugar didn’t help, either. What am I doing wrong? how could something that smells this good taste this bad? I could not finish my cup—most of it went down the drain. I need to revisit it tomorrow, I think.

Uggh.

Kat_Maria

Fifty shades of wrong, LOL!

Haha it really was!

Tealizzy

How hot was the water? Greens usually require the coolest water temperature, and I’ve found DavidsTea’s package directions can be a little high on that front. I’d try a 2-minute steep at maybe 140-170?

keychange

Ok, I’m going to try it with really cool water and an extra-short steep time. Thanks!

I`m don`t dislike this one.. it`s not bad… but i do find that i like grape oolong from butiki better.. its less artificial tasting, and i find the oolong pairs better.. this green tastes a little like an oolong, but its missing that smoothness, and comes across as a little harsh.

I had this as a to-go cup today while at the mall and I loved it! The tea smells very sweet and fruity when dry and I was worried it would overpower the green tea- the two however worked harmoniously and worked to balance the tea. When steeped, the grape smell comes off mildly and beautifully. The bitterness of the green tea comes through in both the taste and smell of the tea. I was really happy with the fact that the flavouring was mild enough that the tea still came through as I am a big fan of green tea (I love the sour/bitter taste). The grape taste comes through at the end of the sip along with floral notes and is very smooth. I will be picking up some of this before it goes away!

Drinking a big mason jar of this iced right now. It’s definitely good and quite refreshing. While it has the kool-aid smell, it does not have that over the top artificial taste. I can still taste the green tea through this. They strike a nice balance together. Grape is not my favorite though, so I’m not itching to put in an order for this.

Not bad! You can definitely taste the grape with a green tea aftertaste. I don’t find that it has a chemical taste like others have said. Its nice and refreshing!

Flavors: Grapes, Grass

185 °F / 85 °C 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

I agree with previous estimates – this does taste more like an oolong. Like an oolong soaked in grape kool-aid. In the best possible way, it’s really good. I drank about half the cup hot, and it was more oolong-y. The grape became much more prominent as it cooled.

Now it’s my turn to give Grape Expectations a whirl! This is most definitely an artificial grape that you find in pop or popsicles, but like Cavo, I like that. This is splitting hairs, but perhaps because this isn’t carbonated, it reminds me of grape popsicles more than anything else. I’d imagine that making tea popsicles with this would be awesome.

OH! Imagine a tea slushie? That would be pretty cool.

Additionally, I appreciate that the base is light. I’m normally not a fan of grassy senchas, or any grassy/vegetal greens. I’m sure I let the water cool even below the recommended temperature, so whatever I did worked. Maybe I let it cool in the pot for like fifteen minutes or so.

Next up will be a cold brew. Let’s hope it’ll be just as good, if not better. As long as the base behaves.

Lastly, 700th post!

3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML
Stephanie

Sounds like it might make a good tea soda!

keychange

Woohoo on 700…and I can’t wait to try this one!

__Morgana__

Congrats on 700!

OMGsrsly

Woo! 700! :)

tigress_al

Woot woot 700!

Anna

I find myself very impressed by your 700.