Grape Expectations

Natural Flavours, Organic Cornflower, Organic Full Leaf Green Tea, Raisins
Fruity, Grapes, Grass, Hay, Sugar
Medium
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

• “*Pass The Stash TTB* Sweetened and iced. This is a little grassy, a little grape jolly rancher-y and a little plastic-y. I've noticed the plastic note in some fruity teas before. Not fond.” Read full tasting note
    Mandyyyy 294 tasting notes
  • “I first tried steeping this tea hot and I wasn't impressed. This time I cold steeped it and it is much better! I get a wheatgrass tang from this at times and a really strong flavor that sometimes...” Read full tasting note
    Dustin2Dust 553 tasting notes
  • “Hooray, one of the teas that inspired my swap with *VariaTEA* went into a cold brew last night—only for around 3hrs. That was almost too long... darn sencha. Maybe I just overleafed. Still good,...” Read full tasting note
    memily 770 tasting notes
  • “This was actually the only tea from the Spring line that I tried. I love it. I'm generally less of a fan of green teas because I find they are grassy and irritate my throat, but this one is just...” Read full tasting note
    B-Dot 41 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

The grape escape
We’ve fallen hard for this fresh, tangy, grape-filled blend. In fact, it’s David’s new favourite flavoured tea. Why does he love it so much? There’s just something so luxurious about it. With green tea perfumed with Muscat and concord grapes, it’s a drink fit for royalty. Just brewing a cup makes you feel like you’re floating on some fabulous yacht in the Mediterranean or along the French Riviera. Try it iced in champagne flutes for the full effect. Something tells us we’re into something grape. Limited edition.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Steeped 1.5 perfect spoonfuls for approx. 4 minutes in a mason jar (boiling). Left overnight to cool. Added ice and two healthy squirts of agave.

Yum yum yum. Watching a movie with my students this morning, and I look forward to sitting back and enjoying this while we watch.

The grape flavor was very hard to find until I added the agave, which totally brought the grape forward. It’s a light, green grape taste – not at all similar to the purple kool-aid smell it has in the dry leaf. This is another one I need to stock up on for the summer break.

Flavors: Grapes

This smells so good! I was pretty excited to try this tea when I got back to the office, though I tried peaches and cream first. The girl at david’s told me to watch my steeping time because it took them a few tries to get it right. I totally forgot about it, but still only steeped for 6 mins or so at a warm temp. It was slightly bitter but had a strange chemically taste to it that I hope was because of the oversteep. It got better as it cooled but that could be because my taste buds were used to it. I’m gonna play around with steeping times because the flavour was quite nice, very concord grape.

This was my morning cup, and still is in my cup so I guess early afternoon cup as well lol. A tasty fresh treat, although at only +12 degrees C in the office, a strong, cozy black tea would have been a better choice, albeit too much caffeine for my cutting back on caffeine lol. The frigid temp in here is also probably why I can’t shake this darn sinus thing, I think my cold progressed into a sinus infection, hoping it clears up without needing antibiotics. Ugh, anyways, back to the tea, it’s tasty and good, but not very warm now haha so I will finish this off and make a cup of something else! See previous notes on this tea :)

Oh, and I still have to find time to make a trip to my local DT to pick up the new summer collections, hoping my nose will fully clear up before I go so I can fully smell them in all their glory haha.

ETA – Haha, I see a previous note on this tea was when the heat was messed up in the office and it was +26. How nice that would be for a bit now. LOL

TheTeaFairy

Keychange, I also ordered your beloved Queen Catherine!!! Your raving reviews made me go for the tin instead of the sample size, it’s first on my list to try tomorrow morning, can’t wait :-)

TheTeaFairy

Oh noooo, this comment wasn’t meant for your post MissLena, oops, sorry, I did that twice this week on someone else’s post also, what’s wrong with me, lol!

keychange

Either way, congratulations on the queen! she is the best!!

MissLena

Haha no worries!! Now I’m even more intrigued to try the queen when i finally place a harneys order :D

TheTeaFairy

Well I could not wait for the morning, so I drank it and reviewed it last night…so good!!! MissLena you can definitely add it to your HS list :-)

This tea definitely smells a lot sweeter then it tastes. When I first smelt it at the store I didn’t think it would have such a bitter taste to it. The girl also told me that she usually uses a TON of sweetener in her teas but for this one she doesn’t need too. That wasn’t the case for me.. Haven’t tried it hot, but I don’t think I’d recommend it on ice.

First tasting note!
Overall not too impressed with my first cup of this… just very weak and lacking. This being said I don’t always get a great brew at work – get caught up in something and oversteep, don’t get a chance to drink until it’s already cold, etc – so definitely willing to give it another try at home. The smell is too good not to get a second chance!

Dry Leaf Nose: Rich and freshly pressed grape juice.

Liquor: Golden green liquor with a muscat and concord grape aroma.

Aroma: A very sweet aroma and the flavour of ripened muscat and concord grape blends well with the astringent character of the green tea to produce a liquor rich in taste.

Cavocorax

I’m really excited about this one!

Jenniferkovacs

Sounds delicious! Is the base Chinese or Japanese Sencha?