Chocolate Macaroon

Black Tea, Cocoa Nibs, Coconut, Natural Flavours, Pecans, Sugar
Coconut, Dark Chocolate, Bitter, Cocoa, Almond, Chocolate, Nuts, Pecan, Butter, Nutty, Sweet, Alcohol, Vanilla, Artificial, Sugar, Cookie, Creamy
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

There’s nothing more nostalgic than a coconut macaroon. We’re not talking about the super-trendy French cookies here…for us, it’s all about the bake sale classic: chewy, golden coconut cookies dipped in rich dark chocolate. And with black tea, toasted coconut, cacao nibs, pecans and rock sugar, this rich, nutty blend is just as good as the real thing. The only difference? You don’t have to wait for a bake sale to get a taste.

Ingredients: Black tea, toasted coconut, coconut, pecans, cacao nibs, rock cane sugar, natural flavouring.
Contains pecans and coconut.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

To my surprise I really like this tea. Chocolate teas are really hit or miss with me, but I’ve recently discovered that I’ve been drinking them wrong. Hot tea is something I rarely enjoy. I’m from the south, where it’s summer 8+ months a year. Iced tea is my jam. I don’t know why it never dawned on me that I should consider preparing them iced. I’ve been drinking this lovely blend of chocolate, coconut and pecan as an iced latte, and it is just delicious. In fact, I’d go so far as to say that I’d consider repurchasing it when I’ve finished my 50-gram bag. Add some coconut almond milk and a few drops of stevia drops (caramel or English toffee) and you’ve got yourself a relatively low-calorie indulgence that tastes like liquefied Samoa cookies. I’m down with that.

When this tea is good, it’s fabulous, tasting just like it smells: chocolatey, coconutty, buttery yumminess. There’s a surprising richness to the cup, not in an oily, heavy sense, but in a really satisfying, you-just-took-a-big-chomp-on-a-palm-sized-macaroon kind of way. But when this tea is moody, it’s thin, bland, and weak, with a slightly off-putting smell (perhaps the scoop ended up with too much coconut and rock sugar, and not enough tea).

The fussiness has kept me from permanently stocking this in large amounts, but sometimes I grab 25g of it and shock myself with how much I love it. Like today, for instance. This cup is delicious, and is a perfect way to round out my morning.

sren

It is really variable, isn’t it? I can’t decide whether to reorder…

sweetea

So conflicted. If this tea was consistent, I’d be all over it. As it is, it’s on the border between Crazy Good and Heartbreaking. I can’t deal with so much drama!

Maddy Barone

This one might go on my autumn order.

Sipdown (112)!

How does everyone here pronounce “Pecan” – I’ve always pronounced it “Pee-Can” and heard it that way or as “Peh-kahn” but apparently “Pee-kahn” and “Peh-Can” are also used. Which is the correct way!?

I bring it up because to finish this one off I made this in a timolino with a splash of Cinnamon creamer, and aside from just tasting super duper sweet and cloying something about the combination of this creamer and the tea finally made the pecan notes in the blend stand out. Hooray! That’s worthy of celebration even if I did get the feeling drinking this was sweet enough to cause ‘instant diabetes’.

Today’s word of the day is… Igneous!

Igneous means: “Formed from fire; especially said of rock formed from fiery magma.” I admit, I was confused momentarily by the definition because I kept reading this as ‘Ingenious’. Heh…

Marzipan

Where I am it’s pee kahn, but it’s a regional thing.

K S

So predictable. All I read was Pee-Kaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhn!

MzPriss

pe-kahn. And @ KS – me too!!!!!!!!!

This is another great tea from David’s Tea. It was the first tea from David’s that I really loved. It is sweet, creamy, and nutty. Amazing as a latte. And all of my tea friends love it, when we usually have different tea preferences. It is an essential tea in both my home and work stock. Highly recommended!

I don’t drink black tea that often but I took a chance on this one and it is SPECTACULAR. This tea reminded me of why I love tea. I had a to-go cup of this and then went back the next day to get a tin of it. It’s that good. Creamy, rich, smooth, sweet. The coconut SHINES in this blend and supports the chocolate well. It’s like a liquid Almond Joy. And it doesn’t taste artificial! If you’re a fan of the chocolate/coconut combo, you need this in your life.

(Edit: Whoop whoop! 50 tasting notes!)
Okay so apparently I’m just plain wrong about chocolate teas because this is another really really good one.
Went into DT yesterday for my free cup with the full intention of getting an oolong when I spied the CM chocolate bar on the counter… and it just called to me.
So so good. Actually, probably my favourite coconut tea so far – nothing artificial to me and a nice dark chocolate taste – but not over powering and doesnt leave my cup greasy.
Suppose I’ll have to go pick up some loose leaf later on because I’ve been craving it ever since!

Flavors: Coconut, Dark Chocolate

meakbot

Jealous that you got a free cup yesterday – I live too far to justify the drive (45 min) womp womp…

Chocolate Macaroon is my favourite chocolate tea! Makes a mean tea latte, too…

This tea is one of my absolute favourites as an iced latte. It has a very strong coconut flavour to it but the cocoa stands out on it’s own. I’m not huge on black teas because of their bitter flavour, but with a little bit of (soy) milk Chocolate Macaroon really shines. I have also found this tea pairs well with DAVIDsTEA’s Espresso Yourself, having a very nice mocha quality.

Flavors: Bitter, Cocoa, Coconut

I got this tea as my free 50g back in January when I was on a chocolate tea kick. I probably should’ve taken into consideration the fact that I don’t actually like coconut, which is pretty prominent in this, but the dry leaf reminded me of chocolate cheesecake so I had to give it a go.
This one is amazing as a latte. Starts on a creamy milk chocolate note followed by a hint of coconut and then almond. A nice dessert tea to be sure. I know I’m going to regret having this much caffeine so late in the evening, especially since the time change has already put me off, but sleep is totally over-rated anyway.

Flavors: Almond, Chocolate, Coconut

Fjellrev

Too bad you are that easily affected by caffeine!

faybingler

My biggest problem is it takes about 4 hours to kick in. So I’ll have a tea or coffee if I’m working late but then it doesn’t actually do anything until around when I’m trying to fall asleep!

Fjellrev

Ugh that is so annoying. It’s like you have to pre-medicate yourself!

faybingler

Exactly! Ah well, it at least makes for some pretty productive nights even if the next morning is hell.

TeaBrat

I am affected by it too. I had some green tea around 4 pm and I hope that doesn’t keep me awake!!

I am a dessert tea lover and one that loves coconut and chocolate…this tea is everything I look for in a dessert tea! Delicious and tastes like a chocolate macaroon…without the fat and calories of the real thing!

Flavors: Chocolate, Coconut

5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

The dry leaf scent of this is amazing! Super buttery, sweet, nutty, it definitely appeals to the dessert tea fanatic that I am. The brewed aroma was almost as nice, very much like a baked good. The brew was cloudy, which I never really like, but that’s not a deal breaker. The flavor was very weak, however, and considering how intense the aroma was, I was a little disappointed that there wasn’t enough of a flavor payoff. I may be able to resolve this by using more leaves next time. What flavor WAS there was very nice, nutty and sweet, although not a whole lot of chocolate was coming through. Still, I’ve got very high hopes for this and I’m looking forward to the next brew, when I’ll probably try something like 2 tsps per 8 oz.

Flavors: Butter, Nutty, Sweet

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
sren

So disappointing when the taste doesn’t live up to the aroma. I had a similar experience with this tea when I tried it a couple of months ago with the same intention to try again, but so far it hasn’t made it back into the rotation. :)