Chocolate Macaroon

Black Tea, Cocoa Nibs, Coconut, Natural Flavours, Pecans, Sugar
Chocolate, Coconut, Pecan, Vanilla, Artificial, Cocoa, Sugar, Almond, Cookie, Creamy, Nutty, Nuts
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

There’s nothing more nostalgic than a coconut macaroon. We’re not talking about the super-trendy French cookies here…for us, it’s all about the bake sale classic: chewy, golden coconut cookies dipped in rich dark chocolate. And with black tea, toasted coconut, cacao nibs, pecans and rock sugar, this rich, nutty blend is just as good as the real thing. The only difference? You don’t have to wait for a bake sale to get a taste.

Ingredients: Black tea, toasted coconut, coconut, pecans, cacao nibs, rock cane sugar, natural flavouring.
Contains pecans and coconut.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This is one of the best chocolate teas I’ve tried! It’s rich and creamy and sweet without added sugar. The coconut and pecan flavors blend nicely with the chocolate. This is the kind of dessert tea that I can drink instead of eating a treat and not feel like I’m depriving myself. I will definitely be re-purchasing this one!

Flavors: Chocolate, Coconut, Pecan

AllanK

I have to go back to David’s Tea next week to return something. Maybe I’ll pick this up, sounds good.

Soooo lovely and chocolatey and macarooney as a tea latte!

The name truly fits this delicious cuppa. It had all the incredible flavors of a chocolate macaroon. If you like macaroons, I don’t think this will disappoint.

Flavors: Chocolate, Coconut, Vanilla

Kittenna

Yum, I like this one. :)

I ended up really enjoying this one despite the surprise coconut. In fact, this would be my first tea that I’ve tried with surprise coconut in it, and it was certainly a winner.

Can’t say I’ve actually ever had a Chocolate Macaroon (due to my dislike of coconut), but the flavors in the tea were mellow and blended together nicely.

I wanted to like this one, I was very excited about trying it once my roommate told me how yummy it was. But whatever I was looking for in this tea I didn’t find. The nut was too overwhelming I was looking more for chocolate. It didn’t help that I had to steep some extra in my Teavana steeper because the little push plate got stuck and it when draining all over the place when my back was turned. Oh well, I have a roommate who will help me finish it.

Boiling 5 min, 45 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

I LOVE THIS ONE. It tastes like it smells. This tea doesn’t need additional sweetener. It’s great as it is. Will be on my wish list!

Flavors: Chocolate, Coconut

So I was thinking to myself that I should probably hurry and try any samples I have with coconut in them, because as you all know, coconut gets really weird as it ages and becomes soapy and then just downright rotten. This sample came from Dexter. Though I am most often disappointed by chocolate teas, I still find myself drawn to them. This tea has a lot of stuff in it, like coconut, cacao shells, and even what look like pieces of rock sugar. It smells sweet but somewhat off, as if the coconut has already aged past its prime. We shall see!

The steeped liquid smells very sweet, with notes of coconut and chocolate. I think I’m picking up a touch of soapiness as well. Thankfully, it doesn’t taste soapy. It’s a very light infusion since I only steeped for 3 minutes, but there’s a lot of coconut flavor here, especially in the aftertaste. The texture is quite creamy, and I can taste the cacao as well in the beginning and middle of the sip. Quite tasty, but I wouldn’t buy it since I know the coconut would go bad before I drank it all…

Flavors: Artificial, Cocoa, Coconut

I enjoyed this. It tasted exactly like how I expected it to, chocolate and coconut. Not too sweet but rather just the right amount of sweetness. I don’t like adding too much to my teas and prefer their natural sweetness so I appreciate that with this tea. When I was drinking it, it seemed like a special treat and I could totally see this being a crowd pleaser. The ratio of chocolate to coconut seems perfect. I’m getting the right amount of both with each sip. Definitely a comforting, dessert type of tea. I wouldn’t drink this one every single day as it seems more like a special treat to me and a little rich for every day consumption but I can see myself always wanting to have some of this on hand for those days that I need a nice, warm hug in the form of a hot tea! Yum!

Flavors: Chocolate, Coconut

I want to eat this tea! I’m so happy I decided to order this on a whim. The reviews were decent enough that I was pretty sure I wouldn’t hate it, and I sure don’t! It tastes most strongly of coconut and sweetness, like a macaroon. There is a nutty flavour dancing around from the pecans. Drinking it black, I didn’t taste any chocolate, but with milk I found a very mild chocolate flavour. Kind of like a chocolate drizzled macaroon instead of a chocolate dipped one, if that makes sense. It was lovely both ways, and while I’m not always in the mood for a sweet tea, I’ll definitely be keeping this one in stock! I can’t wait until Mum comes to visit so I can share some with her. She’s a huge coconut fan, and this tea reminds me so much of her Christmas macaroons. <3

Flavors: Chocolate, Coconut, Pecan, Sugar

5 g 16 OZ / 473 ML

Love this tea. I suppose it will be my replacement for Checkmate, since that one disappeared and I didn’t even know about it :( But anyhow, this tea is wonderful. Chocolatey, coconutty, and very nutty makes for quite a decadent cup. It’s so much better than Choconut Oolong because there’s no liquorice flavour, which turned me off that blend. Hoping this one stays on the wall, because it’s a favourite!