Chocolate Macaroon

Black Tea, Cocoa Nibs, Coconut, Natural Flavours, Pecans, Sugar
Alcohol, Chocolate, Coconut, Vanilla, Butter, Pecan, Artificial, Cocoa, Sugar, Almond, Cookie, Creamy, Nutty, Nuts
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

There’s nothing more nostalgic than a coconut macaroon. We’re not talking about the super-trendy French cookies here…for us, it’s all about the bake sale classic: chewy, golden coconut cookies dipped in rich dark chocolate. And with black tea, toasted coconut, cacao nibs, pecans and rock sugar, this rich, nutty blend is just as good as the real thing. The only difference? You don’t have to wait for a bake sale to get a taste.

Ingredients: Black tea, toasted coconut, coconut, pecans, cacao nibs, rock cane sugar, natural flavouring.
Contains pecans and coconut.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

ZOMG, I just posted an ad in my building trying to sell my reclining sofa since I need to get rid of it. I put the price as less than half of what I paid even though I only used it for seven months, and it’s like new, so I hope someone will be interested. Don’t want to have to resort to skeezy Craigslist. Fingers crossed.

About this tea. It sure surprised me. Pleasantly so. When I smelled it in the store earlier this year, I wasn’t so impressed. I also thought the chocolate flavouring would go waxy which sometimes happens in DAVIDs blends (like in Love Tea #7 or Red Velvet Cake) but it does not do that at all here.

Added some 2% milk and there is a macaroon resemblance. The coconut is toasty and not soapy nor rancid. The chocolate, on the other hand, is subtle but not waxy or plasticky. Then there is this general cookie-like vibe going on in between. Maybe it’s one that is 20g-worthy every once in a while but I can see getting sick of it if I had it too often.

I kind of like this one. I find the flavouring to be slightly boozy and absent of actual tea base, but at the end of the day it delivers on the chocolate macaroon front. It’s a decent dessert substitute/craving cutter. The aroma is nice, and it went well with milk too.

My new, tea-drinking roommate picked this up and insisted on making it today (this is a novelty). The only downside is now we no longer have a steeper/pot that hasn’t marinated in a dessert black tea; I’m going to have to find a new home for my fruity-green, white, and oolong teas again!

Flavors: Alcohol, Chocolate, Coconut, Vanilla

as usual i felt for chocolate

Um. Holy doodles. This tea is the bomb.

Seriously it’s so good. Tastes exactly like a chocolate macaroon. Coconut, chocolate, buttery deliciousness.

I picked up 50g, but I’m certain I’ll need another 100 within the week.

Heaven in a cup.

Nicole

Holy doodles. That’s one I’ll have to remember.

Amariel

I have similar ones I need to use up before i get this, but I do want to try some.

Love it! Rich, nutty, and sweet. The primary flavors are chocolate, coconut, and black tea and the balance in this blend really strikes a chord with me. A great dessert substitute on days when my sweet tooth wants some attention. May 2014 Tea of the Month.

Took a hot cup of this with honey for my free birthday tea from David’s. My first pick was Bubbie’s Baklava, but the girl there informed me that they won’t be restocking it, so I decided I really rather not get hooked on something that is going away.

So onto the tea. It smells fantastic. Smells very chocolatey (a-duh) and a bit like hazelnut. The taste is exactly, almost disconcertingly, like a chocolate macaroon, and the coconut is really nice in this. Usually I find I don’t really taste coconut but just get the smoothness of it, but I could pick it out here in a nice way. I’d definitely like to get more of this next time I come up with an excuse to swing by the mall!

That’s the tea I got for my cousin for Christmas along with a colour changing mug and chocolate honey sticks! And of course I could not resist getting a small pouch for myself… I’ve just remembered the sales guy told me this is best as a latte. But for now I’m drinking it straight with a small spoonful of sugar. Next time I won’t add sugar because it’s already sweetened with the rock sugar pieces. I like it but I’m not sure if I’ll buy some more. It’s almost too syrupy and kind of remind me of a cough sirup I used to take when I was a kid. I definitely need to try it as a latte though…

Edit: made this today as a latte to drink with my homemade chewy coconut cookies! :P And it’s definitely a lot better with milk. In fact I think this is going to be one of my 3 free 50g bags of tea… Did I really spend 300$ for tea? (ouch)…

Flavors: Butter, Coconut

This is one of the best chocolate teas I’ve tried! It’s rich and creamy and sweet without added sugar. The coconut and pecan flavors blend nicely with the chocolate. This is the kind of dessert tea that I can drink instead of eating a treat and not feel like I’m depriving myself. I will definitely be re-purchasing this one!

Flavors: Chocolate, Coconut, Pecan

AllanK

I have to go back to David’s Tea next week to return something. Maybe I’ll pick this up, sounds good.

Soooo lovely and chocolatey and macarooney as a tea latte!

The name truly fits this delicious cuppa. It had all the incredible flavors of a chocolate macaroon. If you like macaroons, I don’t think this will disappoint.

Flavors: Chocolate, Coconut, Vanilla