Chocolate Macaroon

Black Tea, Cocoa Nibs, Coconut, Natural Flavours, Pecans, Sugar
Cocoa, Coconut, Sweet, Chocolate, Cream, Nuts, Milk, Cake, Pecan, Nutty, Smoke, Dark Chocolate, Bitter, Almond, Butter, Alcohol, Vanilla, Artificial, Sugar, Cookie, Creamy
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

There’s nothing more nostalgic than a coconut macaroon. We’re not talking about the super-trendy French cookies here…for us, it’s all about the bake sale classic: chewy, golden coconut cookies dipped in rich dark chocolate. And with black tea, toasted coconut, cacao nibs, pecans and rock sugar, this rich, nutty blend is just as good as the real thing. The only difference? You don’t have to wait for a bake sale to get a taste.

Ingredients: Black tea, toasted coconut, coconut, pecans, cacao nibs, rock cane sugar, natural flavouring.
Contains pecans and coconut.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I got a hold of this one at last. So many people love it that I was sure I would too. But I don’t. It didn’t actually taste like anything. but the after taste was a bit weird. Soapy. It was a new cup that I had just hand washed. Maybe I didn’t rinse the cup well enough. I’m going to try it again this weekend. So I’m not going to give this a rating right now.

At first I really enjoyed this tea. The taste of chocolate and coconut was nice. On my second and third cup I found I was dumping half the cup out because of the wired coconut flavour. I believe I have something against steeped coconut, even though I love the real thing. I will keep trying coconut flavour teas to see if this is true. On the other hand my boyfriend did enjoy this one more than I did. Would not repurchase.

Flavors: Cocoa, Coconut, Sweet

7 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Earthy. Smells like coffee. Strong. Nutty, strong chocolate taste. Not astringent. Can be used with milk.

Chocolate and coconut-another combo that is out of this world. Second to mint chocolate for me. Smells heavenly and tastes just like a macaroon cookie. Yummy :)

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

This is basically as described – chocolate and coconut. Good stuff!

3 min, 30 sec 1 tsp

This is a Black tea from the young DavidsTea company (just so you know, I buy a lot of my teas there). Inside, if you didn’t guess already: coconut and chocolate chips. And when you brew it, it becomes a delicious beverage! Really one of my best discovery tea speaking! Even my boyfriend (who is not a tea drinker) fell for it.

I usually brew it for 3 mins in 95°C water. It’s delicious like that but if you want to be brought to heaven, try it in latter! Regular milk or my recent discovery: coconut milk (yeah I know a lot of coconut but it’s never too much). It’s really delicious and almost like a dessert by itself.

Recommanded if: you love chocolate, but even more coconut. You are not usually fond of black tea,

Favorite moment to drink it: in the afternoon, when I have a little carving for something sugary :)

The 13th Doctor

Did you make it with sugar? Or was the sugar already in it able to make it sufficiently sweet? Curious as it’s on my wishlist ;)

Eilis Wood

No I did not make it with any sugar :) Well, I never add sugar to my teas, as I like them both straight or sugary haha. But I would definitely say that this one does not need sugar!! Can’t wait what you’ll think of it!

Can’t help comparing this to Harney & Sons’ Soho, another chocolate coconut tea. The flavors in Soho were stronger, I think, but Chocolate Macaroon does have a very nice balance between flavors (about an equal mix of chocolate, coconut, and base tea) even if the flavors themselves are light. Also it has a nice buttery aspect that I wasn’t getting from the Soho.

1931 tasting notes

Thanks so much for the swap, Julie Jones! I’m usually impressed with Davidstea, so I appreciate the haul of some old favorites and new teas that sounded great. This one is basically as promised, at least if you steep up two teaspoons. I knew the base would be light. But with two teaspoons there are equal parts creamy coconut and chocolate. I forgot pecans were supposed to be here though. Delicious with the first cup, but I didn’t want to bother with a second steep. Maybe a half mug steep for the second steep would have worked. I don’t know why the score for this one is so low. It isn’t that bad!
Todays sipdown : Bluebird – Raspberry Beret (Sipdown a day since Dec 28, I think!)

daily resolution 1/14
Reviewing in retrospect, which might be dangerous.
Not a flavored teas gal and wasn’t expecting to enjoy this. Did not like it the first time I tried it. Was pleasantly surprised the second time — not sure if that’s down to 3am study hunger or the fact that I used a higher tea:water ratio.

Flavors: Chocolate, Coconut, Cream, Nuts, Sweet

My first impression is milk. Then milk chocolate. Then toasted coconut. Followed by the creaminess of coconut. Then light-ish black tea infused with coconut.

It’s a lovely tea. Not one that I reach for all that often, but one that I enjoy when I do. A bit sweet and very comforting.

Flavors: Chocolate, Coconut, Milk

Boiling 2 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
Evol Ving Ness

Oh, also, I think it was Spencer who had suggested trying DT PBC with this tea. I tried it. And now, I would suggest trying that too.

Kirkoneill1988

i shall try this someday