Chocolate Macaroon

Black Tea, Cocoa Nibs, Coconut, Natural Flavours, Pecans, Sugar
Butter, Coconut, Chocolate, Pecan, Vanilla, Artificial, Cocoa, Sugar, Almond, Cookie, Creamy, Nutty, Nuts
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

2 Images

• “Um. Holy doodles. This tea is the bomb. Seriously it's so good. Tastes exactly like a chocolate macaroon. Coconut, chocolate, buttery deliciousness. I picked up 50g, but I'm certain I'll need...” Read full tasting note
    lynne-tea 247 tasting notes
  • “Love it! Rich, nutty, and sweet. The primary flavors are chocolate, coconut, and black tea and the balance in this blend really strikes a chord with me. A great dessert substitute on days when my...” Read full tasting note
    Violisa 26 tasting notes
  • “Took a hot cup of this with honey for my free birthday tea from David's. My first pick was Bubbie's Baklava, but the girl there informed me that they won't be restocking it, so I decided I really...” Read full tasting note
    happykappa 16 tasting notes
  • “That's the tea I got for my cousin for Christmas along with a colour changing mug and chocolate honey sticks! And of course I could not resist getting a small pouch for myself... I've just...” Read full tasting note
    Cachou972 23 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

There’s nothing more nostalgic than a coconut macaroon. We’re not talking about the super-trendy French cookies here…for us, it’s all about the bake sale classic: chewy, golden coconut cookies dipped in rich dark chocolate. And with black tea, toasted coconut, cacao nibs, pecans and rock sugar, this rich, nutty blend is just as good as the real thing. The only difference? You don’t have to wait for a bake sale to get a taste.

Ingredients: Black tea, toasted coconut, coconut, pecans, cacao nibs, rock cane sugar, natural flavouring.
Contains pecans and coconut.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Um. Holy doodles. This tea is the bomb.

Seriously it’s so good. Tastes exactly like a chocolate macaroon. Coconut, chocolate, buttery deliciousness.

I picked up 50g, but I’m certain I’ll need another 100 within the week.

Heaven in a cup.

Nicole

Holy doodles. That’s one I’ll have to remember.

Amariel

I have similar ones I need to use up before i get this, but I do want to try some.

Love it! Rich, nutty, and sweet. The primary flavors are chocolate, coconut, and black tea and the balance in this blend really strikes a chord with me. A great dessert substitute on days when my sweet tooth wants some attention. May 2014 Tea of the Month.

Took a hot cup of this with honey for my free birthday tea from David’s. My first pick was Bubbie’s Baklava, but the girl there informed me that they won’t be restocking it, so I decided I really rather not get hooked on something that is going away.

So onto the tea. It smells fantastic. Smells very chocolatey (a-duh) and a bit like hazelnut. The taste is exactly, almost disconcertingly, like a chocolate macaroon, and the coconut is really nice in this. Usually I find I don’t really taste coconut but just get the smoothness of it, but I could pick it out here in a nice way. I’d definitely like to get more of this next time I come up with an excuse to swing by the mall!

That’s the tea I got for my cousin for Christmas along with a colour changing mug and chocolate honey sticks! And of course I could not resist getting a small pouch for myself… I’ve just remembered the sales guy told me this is best as a latte. But for now I’m drinking it straight with a small spoonful of sugar. Next time I won’t add sugar because it’s already sweetened with the rock sugar pieces. I like it but I’m not sure if I’ll buy some more. It’s almost too syrupy and kind of remind me of a cough sirup I used to take when I was a kid. I definitely need to try it as a latte though…

Edit: made this today as a latte to drink with my homemade chewy coconut cookies! :P And it’s definitely a lot better with milk. In fact I think this is going to be one of my 3 free 50g bags of tea… Did I really spend 300$ for tea? (ouch)…

Flavors: Butter, Coconut

This is one of the best chocolate teas I’ve tried! It’s rich and creamy and sweet without added sugar. The coconut and pecan flavors blend nicely with the chocolate. This is the kind of dessert tea that I can drink instead of eating a treat and not feel like I’m depriving myself. I will definitely be re-purchasing this one!

Flavors: Chocolate, Coconut, Pecan

AllanK

I have to go back to David’s Tea next week to return something. Maybe I’ll pick this up, sounds good.

Soooo lovely and chocolatey and macarooney as a tea latte!

The name truly fits this delicious cuppa. It had all the incredible flavors of a chocolate macaroon. If you like macaroons, I don’t think this will disappoint.

Flavors: Chocolate, Coconut, Vanilla

Kittenna

Yum, I like this one. :)

I ended up really enjoying this one despite the surprise coconut. In fact, this would be my first tea that I’ve tried with surprise coconut in it, and it was certainly a winner.

Can’t say I’ve actually ever had a Chocolate Macaroon (due to my dislike of coconut), but the flavors in the tea were mellow and blended together nicely.

I wanted to like this one, I was very excited about trying it once my roommate told me how yummy it was. But whatever I was looking for in this tea I didn’t find. The nut was too overwhelming I was looking more for chocolate. It didn’t help that I had to steep some extra in my Teavana steeper because the little push plate got stuck and it when draining all over the place when my back was turned. Oh well, I have a roommate who will help me finish it.

Boiling 5 min, 45 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

I LOVE THIS ONE. It tastes like it smells. This tea doesn’t need additional sweetener. It’s great as it is. Will be on my wish list!

Flavors: Chocolate, Coconut