Chocolate Macaroon

Black Tea, Cocoa Nibs, Coconut, Natural Flavours, Pecans, Sugar
Almond, Chocolate, Coconut, Cookie, Creamy, Nutty, Nuts, Cocoa
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

There’s nothing more nostalgic than a coconut macaroon. We’re not talking about the super-trendy French cookies here…for us, it’s all about the bake sale classic: chewy, golden coconut cookies dipped in rich dark chocolate. And with black tea, toasted coconut, cacao nibs, pecans and rock sugar, this rich, nutty blend is just as good as the real thing. The only difference? You don’t have to wait for a bake sale to get a taste.

Ingredients: Black tea, toasted coconut, coconut, pecans, cacao nibs, rock cane sugar, natural flavouring.
Contains pecans and coconut.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

In a word – this tea is PERFECT! I LOVE this tea! Honestly I can’t believe how well it lives up to it’s name – I had high hopes and they were well surpassed by this tea! I am a huge fan of deserts, and of all the so-called “desert teas,” this is the only tea I can imagine truly satisfying the cravings of my sweet tooth!
No need to sweeten this tea!

Flavors: Almond, Chocolate, Coconut

Another chocolate tea I wasn’t impressed with.

I get a lot of coconut from this one – if I overleaf, it’s a very sharp coconut flavor, verging on bitter. Today, the coconut overwhelms everything else and contributes to a baked goods-type flavor. The flavor reminds me more of pie dough (but, not entirely) than cookies.

Oh, well. It’s a decent breakfast tea.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I have been disappointed by several coconut teas lately but this tea has fulfilled my desires. Oh yummy. Chocolate macaroons! Has a great cookie taste that really fits it’s name. Not much else to say… good tea. I don’t think I’d want it everyday, but I don’t really know any tea that I would want absolutely everyday.

Flavors: Chocolate, Coconut, Cookie

Ost

Isn’t it great?? I loved this tea when I tried it! ^^

This is my favourite tea! Perfect for those workday afternoons.

Flavors: Coconut

5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 0 OZ / 0 ML

Yay free tea!! A friend gave me the rest of his sample. He doesn’t like coconut… I’m not sure why he bought it, maybe just to see if DT could change his mind :)
In any case, there are moments where I get some serious coconut macaroon mojo in my sip! I’m impressed, they managed to get the essence down pretty well.
But then, for the most part this is your average coconut black tea. Only sweeter.
The other odd thing is that I find my cuppa pretty smooth, with the occasional twinge of itchy throat.
Anyhow, this gets an overall ho hum from me. Not bad, but not great. Then again, I judge any tea with coconut in it pretty harshly so I’ll stick to the higher end of the rating I’m thinking about here. Fleeting moments of spot on taste gets you only mediocre points!

When I found out that DAVIDsTEA combined two of my favourite ingredients in the world, coconut and chocolate, I was so excited to try this tea. The aroma of this tea is absolute bliss, it just smelt so amazing I can’t even begin to describe. Just like my experience with Toasted Walnut, the first time I brewed this tea it tasted absolutely amazing. However, the second time I made this tea, it tasted so artificial and way too sweet for my liking.

Flavors: Almond, Chocolate, Coconut, Creamy, Nutty

this is one from variaTEA – now i’m not typically a fan of coconut or david’s teas but i like trying things, so i’m always going to be like woohoo! new tea! especially in small quantities. this one isn’t terrible if you can ignore the oily film on the surface of the tea. I can actually taste the chocolate, which i have had trouble with in the past with david’s tea..and the coconut isn’t overpowering. it blends fairly nicely with the other ingredient to give it that coconut macaroon sort of taste. thanks VariaTEA!

Steeping tea while cooking dinner usually isn’t a good idea for me because I tend to forget about the tea. This time I went out to my garden and when I came back I looked at it and was like… well shoot. BUT! It wasn’t ruined! Huzzah. Yay for teas that get sweeter as they steep. (Like Indigo Tea Co’s Red Hot Cinnamon). I actually had to steep it for a couple minutes after that because I thought it was too light. IT’s good hot and cold. Not my favorite chocolate tea I will admit but it is still quite good.

165 °F / 73 °C 8 min or more 1 tsp

I am a sucker for any chocolate tea. This one was very sweet with the added sugar in it. But I didn’t really mind because I needed a treat. The pecans with the coconut and chocolate make an interesting combination. I might even restock this one, I will have to see.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

Hey tea companies, no putting sweeteners in your blends! I bought this in the store because it smelled amazing. I didn’t realize the blend already has sugar in it. Way too much sugar. Substantially more sugar than I would have added to the mug myself. Somewhere under all that sugar there’s the taste of macaroon and maybe chocolate if I really seek for it. Mostly I’m tasting sugar. It’s NOT what I want from a flavored tea. It sort of feels like they’re cheating, actually. Using the sugar to cover up some kind of weakness in the underlying blend. I had high hopes for this tea, but I just can’t get past the cloying sweetness.

Recommending that I try your tea with sugar: OK.
Including a lot of sweetener in the blend itself: NOT OK.

TheTeaFairy

I support everything you just wrote. Let people add their own sweetener!!!

Cavocorax