Chocolate Macaroon

Black Tea, Cocoa Nibs, Coconut, Natural Flavours, Pecans, Sugar
Coconut, Cocoa, Sweet, Chocolate, Cream, Nuts, Milk, Cake, Pecan, Nutty, Smoke, Dark Chocolate, Bitter, Almond, Butter, Alcohol, Vanilla, Artificial, Sugar, Cookie, Creamy
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

There’s nothing more nostalgic than a coconut macaroon. We’re not talking about the super-trendy French cookies here…for us, it’s all about the bake sale classic: chewy, golden coconut cookies dipped in rich dark chocolate. And with black tea, toasted coconut, cacao nibs, pecans and rock sugar, this rich, nutty blend is just as good as the real thing. The only difference? You don’t have to wait for a bake sale to get a taste.

Ingredients: Black tea, toasted coconut, coconut, pecans, cacao nibs, rock cane sugar, natural flavouring.
Contains pecans and coconut.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

The first time I gave this tea a review, I gave it a 95, because I’m like that fussy teacher that doesn’t give out A+ ratings ON PRINCIPLE. Surely there’s SOMETHING wrong with this tea, I reasoned.
Wrong.
There is nothing wrong with this tea. This is the tea I have been waiting for. This is my tea.
This tea is like if the Bearenstain Bears were real, and adopted you, and gave you warm hugs and words of homey wisdom. You could hang out with Mama Bear and Papa Bear and Sister Bear and Brother Bear every day as their cherished Human Bear.
This tea is my Grail.
I am going to be depressed when they inevitably discontinue it without warning.

I would apologise for the quality of this review (I am slowly wilting from exhaustion today), but actually, it’s about on par with the reviews I usually write. I am either a trailblazer of tea review imagery and humor — or a complete idiot.
No comments unless they’re compliments, y’all.

I should have read the description on the tin better. Although it’s named Chocolate Macaroon, this tea is likened to a coconut macaroon, and I don’t like the flavour of coconut very much. (Coconut milk, on the other hand, is a delightful addition to stove-cooked rice and curries.)

I usually mix this blend with other chocolate-flavoured teas. (Once, I tried mixing it with matcha powder, and that was nice.)

Flavors: Coconut

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

This is a new tea for me. I bought it and made myself a cup of it the same night. It’s absolutely delicious! What a sweet (not toothache sweet) treat that tastes identical to an actual chocolate macaroon. I will keep this tea in my stash as long as David’s Tea sells it.

I got a hold of this one at last. So many people love it that I was sure I would too. But I don’t. It didn’t actually taste like anything. but the after taste was a bit weird. Soapy. It was a new cup that I had just hand washed. Maybe I didn’t rinse the cup well enough. I’m going to try it again this weekend. So I’m not going to give this a rating right now.

Fjellrev

Aww, you can’t like everything, but I hope it’ll be better next time for you. FWIW, I find this one needs more leaf than average and a generous shot of milk.

Fay

Agreed, I find this one a lot better with milk.

Evol Ving Ness

Aww, this one is a bit tricky. I like it black as well, but I tend to underleaf and steep briefly.

TeaBrat

I was not a big fan of this.

At first I really enjoyed this tea. The taste of chocolate and coconut was nice. On my second and third cup I found I was dumping half the cup out because of the wired coconut flavour. I believe I have something against steeped coconut, even though I love the real thing. I will keep trying coconut flavour teas to see if this is true. On the other hand my boyfriend did enjoy this one more than I did. Would not repurchase.

Flavors: Cocoa, Coconut, Sweet

7 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Earthy. Smells like coffee. Strong. Nutty, strong chocolate taste. Not astringent. Can be used with milk.

I mostly drink this one as a latte, with a table spoon of raw sugar, and about a half cup of milk. Mmmm.

Flavors: Chocolate, Coconut

Chocolate and coconut-another combo that is out of this world. Second to mint chocolate for me. Smells heavenly and tastes just like a macaroon cookie. Yummy :)

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

This is basically as described – chocolate and coconut. Good stuff!

3 min, 30 sec 1 tsp