Chocolate Macaroon

Black Tea, Cocoa Nibs, Coconut, Natural Flavours, Pecans, Sugar
Coconut, Dark Chocolate, Bitter, Cocoa, Almond, Chocolate, Butter, Nutty, Sweet, Alcohol, Vanilla, Pecan, Artificial, Sugar, Cookie, Creamy, Nuts
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

2 Images

• “(Edit: Whoop whoop! 50 tasting notes!) Okay so apparently I’m just plain wrong about chocolate teas because this is another really really good one. Went into DT yesterday for my free cup...” Read full tasting note
    Emahleigh93 50 tasting notes
  • “This tea is one of my absolute favourites as an iced latte. It has a very strong coconut flavour to it but the cocoa stands out on it’s own. I’m not huge on black teas because of their...” Read full tasting note
    desireealeece 1 tasting notes
  • “I got this tea as my free 50g back in January when I was on a chocolate tea kick. I probably should’ve taken into consideration the fact that I don’t actually like coconut, which is...” Read full tasting note
    faybingler 37 tasting notes
  • “I am a dessert tea lover and one that loves coconut and chocolate…this tea is everything I look for in a dessert tea! Delicious and tastes like a chocolate macaroon…without the fat and...” Read full tasting note
    MommyBunn 1 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

There’s nothing more nostalgic than a coconut macaroon. We’re not talking about the super-trendy French cookies here…for us, it’s all about the bake sale classic: chewy, golden coconut cookies dipped in rich dark chocolate. And with black tea, toasted coconut, cacao nibs, pecans and rock sugar, this rich, nutty blend is just as good as the real thing. The only difference? You don’t have to wait for a bake sale to get a taste.

Ingredients: Black tea, toasted coconut, coconut, pecans, cacao nibs, rock cane sugar, natural flavouring.
Contains pecans and coconut.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

(Edit: Whoop whoop! 50 tasting notes!)
Went into DT yesterday for my free cup with the full intention of getting an oolong when I spied the CM chocolate bar on the counter… and it just called to me.
So so good. Actually, probably my favourite coconut tea so far – nothing artificial to me and a nice dark chocolate taste – but not over powering and doesnt leave my cup greasy.
Suppose I’ll have to go pick up some loose leaf later on because I’ve been craving it ever since!

Flavors: Coconut, Dark Chocolate

meakbot

Jealous that you got a free cup yesterday – I live too far to justify the drive (45 min) womp womp…

Chocolate Macaroon is my favourite chocolate tea! Makes a mean tea latte, too…

This tea is one of my absolute favourites as an iced latte. It has a very strong coconut flavour to it but the cocoa stands out on it’s own. I’m not huge on black teas because of their bitter flavour, but with a little bit of (soy) milk Chocolate Macaroon really shines. I have also found this tea pairs well with DAVIDsTEA’s Espresso Yourself, having a very nice mocha quality.

Flavors: Bitter, Cocoa, Coconut

I got this tea as my free 50g back in January when I was on a chocolate tea kick. I probably should’ve taken into consideration the fact that I don’t actually like coconut, which is pretty prominent in this, but the dry leaf reminded me of chocolate cheesecake so I had to give it a go.
This one is amazing as a latte. Starts on a creamy milk chocolate note followed by a hint of coconut and then almond. A nice dessert tea to be sure. I know I’m going to regret having this much caffeine so late in the evening, especially since the time change has already put me off, but sleep is totally over-rated anyway.

Flavors: Almond, Chocolate, Coconut

Fjellrev

Too bad you are that easily affected by caffeine!

faybingler

My biggest problem is it takes about 4 hours to kick in. So I’ll have a tea or coffee if I’m working late but then it doesn’t actually do anything until around when I’m trying to fall asleep!

Fjellrev

Ugh that is so annoying. It’s like you have to pre-medicate yourself!

faybingler

Exactly! Ah well, it at least makes for some pretty productive nights even if the next morning is hell.

TeaBrat

I am affected by it too. I had some green tea around 4 pm and I hope that doesn’t keep me awake!!

I am a dessert tea lover and one that loves coconut and chocolate…this tea is everything I look for in a dessert tea! Delicious and tastes like a chocolate macaroon…without the fat and calories of the real thing!

Flavors: Chocolate, Coconut

5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

The dry leaf scent of this is amazing! Super buttery, sweet, nutty, it definitely appeals to the dessert tea fanatic that I am. The brewed aroma was almost as nice, very much like a baked good. The brew was cloudy, which I never really like, but that’s not a deal breaker. The flavor was very weak, however, and considering how intense the aroma was, I was a little disappointed that there wasn’t enough of a flavor payoff. I may be able to resolve this by using more leaves next time. What flavor WAS there was very nice, nutty and sweet, although not a whole lot of chocolate was coming through. Still, I’ve got very high hopes for this and I’m looking forward to the next brew, when I’ll probably try something like 2 tsps per 8 oz.

Flavors: Butter, Nutty, Sweet

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
sren

So disappointing when the taste doesn’t live up to the aroma. I had a similar experience with this tea when I tried it a couple of months ago with the same intention to try again, but so far it hasn’t made it back into the rotation. :)

This tea is satisfying with a good balance of flavors. Not my everyday tea, but it’s a good treat. I felt it was more on the weak side and it also did not steep well a second time.

Flavors: Chocolate, Coconut

ZOMG, I just posted an ad in my building trying to sell my reclining sofa since I need to get rid of it. I put the price as less than half of what I paid even though I only used it for seven months, and it’s like new, so I hope someone will be interested. Don’t want to have to resort to skeezy Craigslist. Fingers crossed.

About this tea. It sure surprised me. Pleasantly so. When I smelled it in the store earlier this year, I wasn’t so impressed. I also thought the chocolate flavouring would go waxy which sometimes happens in DAVIDs blends (like in Love Tea #7 or Red Velvet Cake) but it does not do that at all here.

Added some 2% milk and there is a macaroon resemblance. The coconut is toasty and not soapy nor rancid. The chocolate, on the other hand, is subtle but not waxy or plasticky. Then there is this general cookie-like vibe going on in between. Maybe it’s one that is 20g-worthy every once in a while but I can see getting sick of it if I had it too often.

Amariel

I’m going to try this one once I run out of my Della Terra one that is like this.

Lisa Elizabeth

Is it overly sweet? I want to try it but I’m worried about the sugar crystals.

Fjellrev

That is another reason why I was worried about trying it, and actually, it wasn’t as sweet as many of their other blends, or most of Della Terra’s stuff. I’d maybe grab like 10g if you’re wary of that.

Lynne-tea

Try it as a latte! OH MY it’s the best tea as a latte ever. Ever. I’m addicted.

Fjellrev

At the store? Maybe I’ll do that next time I’m there! It was quite tasty with 2% milk, so I’d imagine it being even better if they’d prepare it as a latte. :)

I kind of like this one. I find the flavouring to be slightly boozy and absent of actual tea base, but at the end of the day it delivers on the chocolate macaroon front. It’s a decent dessert substitute/craving cutter. The aroma is nice, and it went well with milk too.

My new, tea-drinking roommate picked this up and insisted on making it today (this is a novelty). The only downside is now we no longer have a steeper/pot that hasn’t marinated in a dessert black tea; I’m going to have to find a new home for my fruity-green, white, and oolong teas again!

Flavors: Alcohol, Chocolate, Coconut, Vanilla

as usual i felt for chocolate

Um. Holy doodles. This tea is the bomb.

Seriously it’s so good. Tastes exactly like a chocolate macaroon. Coconut, chocolate, buttery deliciousness.

I picked up 50g, but I’m certain I’ll need another 100 within the week.

Heaven in a cup.

Nicole

Holy doodles. That’s one I’ll have to remember.

Amariel

I have similar ones I need to use up before i get this, but I do want to try some.

Lynne-tea

You really should check it out. I adore this tea and did repurchase another 100g and was done it within two weeks. I was limiting myself too.
It is especially mesmerizing as a tea latte. Double the leaf when you make the tea and fall in love with it like I did!