Chocolate Macaroon

Black Tea, Cocoa Nibs, Coconut, Natural Flavours, Pecans, Sugar
Chocolate, Nutty, Sweet, Coconut, Nuts, Dark Chocolate, Bitter, Cocoa, Almond, Pecan, Butter, Alcohol, Vanilla, Artificial, Sugar, Cookie, Creamy
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

2 Images

• “A great dessert (or any time) tea! They made a wise move in putting rock sugar in it, it helps pump up the chocolate taste. I take this with a splash of milk, or made into a tea latte. I find...” Read full tasting note
    celeste-brown 12 tasting notes
  • “So I’m highly skeptical about chocolate teas. On paper, its something I would love. I love chocolate, I love tea, what on earth could be the problem? But somehow I’m never satisfied...” Read full tasting note
    Rosehips 1277 tasting notes
  • “Now this is a black tea that I can do. I loveeee it! The tastes are so perfectly sweet. It is definitely nutty but also with a hint of coconut (I think?). It tastes as good as it smells. I have...” Read full tasting note
    karelsmiles 25 tasting notes
  • “I am up early today before the alarm even went off, so thought I would just get out of bed and have some tea. I bought this a few weeks ago as I remembered it had some positive reviews on...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2760 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

There’s nothing more nostalgic than a coconut macaroon. We’re not talking about the super-trendy French cookies here…for us, it’s all about the bake sale classic: chewy, golden coconut cookies dipped in rich dark chocolate. And with black tea, toasted coconut, cacao nibs, pecans and rock sugar, this rich, nutty blend is just as good as the real thing. The only difference? You don’t have to wait for a bake sale to get a taste.

Ingredients: Black tea, toasted coconut, coconut, pecans, cacao nibs, rock cane sugar, natural flavouring.
Contains pecans and coconut.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

A great dessert (or any time) tea! They made a wise move in putting rock sugar in it, it helps pump up the chocolate taste. I take this with a splash of milk, or made into a tea latte. I find adding milk really helps pull out the slight nutty flavour too.

This is my all time favourite tea!

Flavors: Chocolate, Nutty, Sweet

205 °F / 96 °C 5 min, 30 sec 7 g 16 OZ / 473 ML

But somehow I’m never satisfied with them, I find them underwhelming, giving me full glory of neither tea or chocolate. So I’m not particularly enthused.
I had hopes for this one, though, as I live in hope that the perfect chocolate tea will come my way.
This is fairly inoffensive, with a nice flavor and a decent base, but I’m not in love. I’m certainly not in love. I don’t get the full delicousness that I would expect from something called “Chocolate Macaroon.”
Oh well. Many thanks to Ost who let me try this.

TeaBrat

chocolate teas are almost always a flop. I didn’t love this one either.

Now this is a black tea that I can do. I loveeee it! The tastes are so perfectly sweet. It is definitely nutty but also with a hint of coconut (I think?). It tastes as good as it smells. I have enough for three drinks but I think I am going to have to get a bag of this stuff. NOM.

Flavors: Chocolate, Coconut, Nuts

Iced 32 OZ / 946 ML

I am up early today before the alarm even went off, so thought I would just get out of bed and have some tea. I bought this a few weeks ago as I remembered it had some positive reviews on Steepster.

This might be better as an afternoon tea, as I’m finding it pretty sweet for the morning time. There is rock sugar in it. It’s a mix of cocoa flavor, pecan and coconut. Something about it is kind of thick and cloudy. The flavor is better with soymilk so I can see how this would be good as a latte and that might cut down on some of the sweetness too. I felt this left a bit of a weird aftertaste in my mouth. So… I’m finding it merely ok for now. I wish there was a little less sugar in it…. after all you can always add your own.

To my surprise I really like this tea. Chocolate teas are really hit or miss with me, but I’ve recently discovered that I’ve been drinking them wrong. Hot tea is something I rarely enjoy. I’m from the south, where it’s summer 8+ months a year. Iced tea is my jam. I don’t know why it never dawned on me that I should consider preparing them iced. I’ve been drinking this lovely blend of chocolate, coconut and pecan as an iced latte, and it is just delicious. In fact, I’d go so far as to say that I’d consider repurchasing it when I’ve finished my 50-gram bag. Add some coconut almond milk and a few drops of stevia drops (caramel or English toffee) and you’ve got yourself a relatively low-calorie indulgence that tastes like liquefied Samoa cookies. I’m down with that.

When this tea is good, it’s fabulous, tasting just like it smells: chocolatey, coconutty, buttery yumminess. There’s a surprising richness to the cup, not in an oily, heavy sense, but in a really satisfying, you-just-took-a-big-chomp-on-a-palm-sized-macaroon kind of way. But when this tea is moody, it’s thin, bland, and weak, with a slightly off-putting smell (perhaps the scoop ended up with too much coconut and rock sugar, and not enough tea).

The fussiness has kept me from permanently stocking this in large amounts, but sometimes I grab 25g of it and shock myself with how much I love it. Like today, for instance. This cup is delicious, and is a perfect way to round out my morning.

sren

It is really variable, isn’t it? I can’t decide whether to reorder…

sweetea

So conflicted. If this tea was consistent, I’d be all over it. As it is, it’s on the border between Crazy Good and Heartbreaking. I can’t deal with so much drama!

Maddy Barone

This one might go on my autumn order.

Sipdown (112)!

How does everyone here pronounce “Pecan” – I’ve always pronounced it “Pee-Can” and heard it that way or as “Peh-kahn” but apparently “Pee-kahn” and “Peh-Can” are also used. Which is the correct way!?

I bring it up because to finish this one off I made this in a timolino with a splash of Cinnamon creamer, and aside from just tasting super duper sweet and cloying something about the combination of this creamer and the tea finally made the pecan notes in the blend stand out. Hooray! That’s worthy of celebration even if I did get the feeling drinking this was sweet enough to cause ‘instant diabetes’.

Today’s word of the day is… Igneous!

Igneous means: “Formed from fire; especially said of rock formed from fiery magma.” I admit, I was confused momentarily by the definition because I kept reading this as ‘Ingenious’. Heh…

Marzipan

Where I am it’s pee kahn, but it’s a regional thing.

K S

So predictable. All I read was Pee-Kaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhn!

MzPriss

pe-kahn. And @ KS – me too!!!!!!!!!

This is another great tea from David’s Tea. It was the first tea from David’s that I really loved. It is sweet, creamy, and nutty. Amazing as a latte. And all of my tea friends love it, when we usually have different tea preferences. It is an essential tea in both my home and work stock. Highly recommended!

I don’t drink black tea that often but I took a chance on this one and it is SPECTACULAR. This tea reminded me of why I love tea. I had a to-go cup of this and then went back the next day to get a tin of it. It’s that good. Creamy, rich, smooth, sweet. The coconut SHINES in this blend and supports the chocolate well. It’s like a liquid Almond Joy. And it doesn’t taste artificial! If you’re a fan of the chocolate/coconut combo, you need this in your life.

(Edit: Whoop whoop! 50 tasting notes!)
Okay so apparently I’m just plain wrong about chocolate teas because this is another really really good one.
Went into DT yesterday for my free cup with the full intention of getting an oolong when I spied the CM chocolate bar on the counter… and it just called to me.
So so good. Actually, probably my favourite coconut tea so far – nothing artificial to me and a nice dark chocolate taste – but not over powering and doesnt leave my cup greasy.
Suppose I’ll have to go pick up some loose leaf later on because I’ve been craving it ever since!

Flavors: Coconut, Dark Chocolate

meakbot

Jealous that you got a free cup yesterday – I live too far to justify the drive (45 min) womp womp…

Chocolate Macaroon is my favourite chocolate tea! Makes a mean tea latte, too…