Just Peachy

Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple, Blackberry Leaves, Peach
Peach, Sugar, Apple, Fruity, Artificial, Candy, Sweet, Tart, Raspberry, Wood, Blackberry, Pleasantly Sour, Bitter, Rooibos
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by OMGsrsly

From DAVIDsTEA

It took us years to find the perfect peach iced tea – but this sweet, summery blend is so peachy, it tastes like it’s fresh from the orchard. Now that we’ve finally mastered our favourite summer fruit, we just can’t get enough. And we keep discovering new, delicious ways to try it. It’s amazing mixed up with peach sliced and frozen into ice pops. Or served chilled with a splash of Prosecco. But the best way might just be straight up, with lots of ice and a touch of agave. However you enjoy it, this blend is a real peach.

Ingredients: Apple, sweet blackberry leaves, peach, natural and artificial flavouring.*

About DAVIDsTEA View company

So I finally got around to picking up the summer teas from DT; definitely later than I had wanted to, but I’ve now tried all five – reviews to follow (hopefully today) for them. I definitely wasn’t impressed by at least one of them, but most I felt were pretty solid.

This one I tried as an in store sample, iced. The other one they were sampling the day I went was Mint To Be; definitely did not have an interest in that one. And actually, I didn’t have much of an interest in this either if I’m being honest. I know it was around last year; but there were a few seasonal peach teas last year and I didn’t bite on any but one. Regardless, I didn’t write about it – but I can’t remember if the one I tried was the Spring peach tea or the summer one. I had a few sips of the hot version on a date; and I don’t remember being overly impressed.

Since the sample was so small of this, I don’t think I got to make as many observations as I normally would. It’s supposed to be peach and blackberry, which is definitely a cool pairing but I only tasted the peach. I also thought it was really weak/watery but I know it’s also likely that’s because it was the watered down/stretched out in store version. Regardless, I picked up some of it along with all the other blends and I tried it out on my own terms at home – but based on this tasting alone it’s not an impressive blend.

Today’s word of the day is… Melodramatic.

Melodramatic means: “exaggerated and emotional or sentimental; sensational; overdramatic”. A good real life example? Tre was being totally melodramatic when I got home today about the amount of dishes in the kitchen sink (it’s his turn to clean them – and they’re only so bad because he left it so long). Domestic squabbles. We’re like an old married couple with the old and without the married couple part.

This tea is one of my favorites from last year’s summer collection. It’s great over ice with the tiniest bit of stevia. It also blends well with other herbal teas. The name says it all; it’s just…peachy. Granted, the peach is a bit more candied peach than fresh peach, but I’m okay with that.

I love the smell of this tea. It smells like the tropical trident gum. Which reminds me of chewing that tropical gum on the way to the lake as a child.
Tastes like a sugary peach drink which is perfect because I didn’t add sweetener and it helps with my sugar craving.
I can’t wait to try this iced.

Flavors: Peach, Sugar

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 14 OZ / 414 ML
Isserly

How do I like stuff? I want to like this but will settle for a comment instead. :)

Tastes just like a ripe summer peach.

Flavors: Apple, Fruity, Peach

Iced

The smell of this is amazing, so peachy strong. While the flavor doesn’t pack half the punch of the aroma, it’s still good, sweet and definitely peach. I’m drinking it hot right now, but David’s description of it repeatedly mentions iced, so I guess I’ll try it that way next.

This one of my absolute favourite teas! I was heartbroken when I went in to get a refill only to discover that the tea was no longer available. I searched and searched for a replacement from other companies but could not find anything comparable. Fortunately, I was able to pick up a bunch online when it went on clearance. I always drink it iced. It is amazing! I don’t think I have even tried in hot. Love this tea!

Margaret D

It’s supposedly coming back for this summer!

tanyasew

Yay! Thanks for the inside tip! :)

No problem :D

tanyasew

Yay! You were right! It is officially back this week! David’s Tea, here I come! :) :) :)

Yup! I got some today!

So much for rich wintery teas, but I haven’t had this one for a while.

This was the first tea I actually enjoyed. Probably because it’s closer to peach juice (at not very natural peach juice at that) than tea. I friend bought it for me in the summer and I made a few cups of it iced one day—YUMMY! As I’ve discovered more of DAVID’s Tea I’ve had this one less, but I still like it. The bf really enjoys it iced as well, though he’s usually more of a straight tea drinker.

Flavors: Peach

Iced 2 tsp 17 OZ / 500 ML

Got this as a sample from EmilyGee, thanks so much Emily!

Oh I DO like this tea! I’m a big fan of peach, so this definitely delivers a peachy taste! I could do without the floaties in my cup, but I’ll deal. It has a slight hard candy taste at the end that I haven’t quite decided if I like or not, but there’s definitely no bitterness or astringency..

EDIT: Ya, that hard candy taste at the end is not to my liking. I think I may pass on making this my ‘go to’ peach tea. The search continues!

Flavors: Candy, Peach

195 °F / 90 °C 8 min or more 1 tsp 17 OZ / 500 ML

While this tea is good on it’s own, I find that adding a bit of vanilla tea to the mix makes it incredible.

Oh this smells so, so good. Sweet, juicy, ripe peaches. The smell conjures up the image of biting into a cool peach on a hot summer day, the sweet, nectary mouth feel of the juice and the velvet of the skin; the flesh sweet and ripe and the skin just a touch tart.

Sadly, the deliciousness stops at the smell. I brewed this hot. 4min and it was just weak. 6 minutes it has a lot more flavour, but it’s not a good flavour. It’s both too sweet and too tart, and the sweetness isn’t one of fresh fruit, but artificial sweetener. There’s some peach flavour there, but it’s also kind of artificial tasting. The peach gets a bit more authentic tasting on a very long finish, but it’s no where near enough to save this.

I let it sit and cool for a couple of hours and tried to drink it cold and still, blech. Tastes like disappointment.

Flavors: Artificial, Peach, Sweet, Tart