Hot Tropic

Fruit Herbal Blend
Coconut, Pineapple, Sweet, Tropical, Apple, Fruity, Pleasantly Sour, Rum, Tart, Mango, Vanilla, Chocolate, Hibiscus, Astringent, banana, Drying, Tangy, Cinnamon
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

Calling all beach bunnies…you are going to flip out over this tea. It’s amost excellent blend of tropical fruit, coconut and spices. It’s sweet and mega creamy, just like a totally primo piña colada. And if you really want to get amped, try freezing it into ice cubes and putting them in your blender with agave and a little coconut milk. It’s, like, off the wall. Take it from the big kahuna: this is one wave you definitely want to ride. Toes on the nose, dudes!

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Delicious! Thoroughly enjoyed my cup. It’s as if it was sent straight from the tropics. Coconut and pineapple are predominant but the overall vibe is a tropical smorgasbord. Naturally sweet so no added sweetener was needed. I would have given this an 80 but I took a point off for tasting slightly artificial, hence my 79 rating.

Flavors: Coconut, Pineapple, Sweet, Tropical

A delicious piña colada iced tea! I got this as part of a clearance sale over the winter and saved it up for the summer. Sadly, I don’t think they have this flavor anymore… 10 oz boiling water poured over ice.

Flavors: Coconut, Pineapple

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 8 g 10 OZ / 295 ML

This makes an amazing iced tea!

Flavors: Apple, Coconut, Fruity, Pineapple, Pleasantly Sour, Rum, Tart

Iced

A sample from Miss B! Another David’s blend I’ve heard good things about but not tried before – until now! I used 2 tsp of leaf for my cup, and gave it 4 minutes in boiling water. It smells really good, first off. Like a pina colada, only hot. To taste, it’s also pretty amazing. The initial sip is intensely tropical – I can taste coconut and pineapple primarily, maybe a touch of mango. There’s a slight whisper of spicing at the end of the sip, but it’s not overpowering or even really all that present. If I’m honest, I’m not sure what star anise is doing in this blend at all, but it doesn’t impact too much on the flavour so I’ll put that aside.

What this tea reminds me of most is one of those freshly squeezed fruit juice blends, only with a touch of added cream. The creaminess kind of crept up on me – I didn’t really notice it at first, but it gets stronger and stronger with successive sips. Another thing that builds in intensity is an artificial-tasting sweetness at the back of my throat. I’m guessing this blend is maybe pre-sweetened with stevia? Either that or there’s some liquorice root kicking about. It’s that kind of sticky, overbearingly intense sweetness that becomes difficult to ignore after a while.

Having said that, I am enjoying this one. I like the fruitiness, and the creaminess adds that extra touch of deliciousness. It has a brilliant tropical fruit juice/pina colada vibe going on, and in that respect it’s very easy to like. The intense sweetness is perhaps to be expected, and to be fair it’s not completely spoiling my enjoyment. I’m just very aware that it’s there, and really speaking it’s a little more than I’d like. It’s unseasonably warm today, so I feel like this tea made a fitting afternoon companion. A little hint of summer in a cup.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 2 tsp

I wasn’t a fan of this one…it had a funny smell and and taste. I think I may have to give the rest of it away, but I may want to try it one more time and shorten the steeping time…

Piña colada with star anise. Truthfully, that sums it up. It smells delicious, but one sip made my stomach turn.

Do you like Piña Coladas? Do ya do ya do ya? If you do, this tea is for you! I tried this for the first time in store for my free cup, and let me say, it was love at first sip. I just HAD to buy it. I’m normally not a big fan of a lot of tropical tasting teas because I don’t like many sweet tasting teas, but this.. this is amazing. It smells like paradise and it pretty much tastes like it too. Such strong flavors of mango and coconut just give me the chills thinking about it. The thing I love about this tea, is that you don’t need more than 1.5 tsp/ 8oz to get the full flavor. God I am just in love, this is definitely one of those teas I want to have in my cupboard indefinitely.

Flavors: Coconut, Mango, Vanilla

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

I popped by my local DT today and decided to try this tea. It’s finally sunny outside, so I figured this would be refreshing!

This tastes very much like a Pina Colada! It’s quite tasty! The smell and flavour are really close, which is nice. There is cinnamon in this tea, but it doesn’t really come through. I kind of wish it did though…it would be an interesting take on a pina colada and would also add to the “hot” part of Hot Tropic. Maybe as a hot drink you can taste it more. I had this cold so I’m not sure haha. I got this with sweetner in it, but I’m not sure that it is necessary as this is very sweet.

Overall, it’s yummy, but I probably won’t keep a stash of my own. I would definitely drink it again though!

Flavors: Coconut, Pineapple

Over-the-top sweetness. The coconut and fruit blended well. Maybe I’m just not in a summer frame of mind today. It’s raining and overcast, and brewing this tea hot just didn’t send me to paradise. It wasn’t bad! It just wasn’t very memorable. But, my boyfriend loves pina coladas so maybe I’ll order some for him. This was June 2014 Tea of the Month.

Got a generous sample in my swap with someone from Canada, who was awesome enough to go pick up some teas and share with me! I’ve been wanting to try this one…half because I need more decaf teas, but also because people say it tastes like pina colada! And that sounds like my kind of tea!
When I first opened the bag, a strong wave of Pina Colada hit me. It took me back to the days where my family actually had money and we used to go to resorts in Mexico and you could get drinks for free since you already paid beforehand-and my bro always got a Pina Colada kind of drink. It had a name but I am totally blanking xD
This tea reminds me of being on the amazing beach in Puerto Vallarta.
Got me all nostalgic XD
But anyway-the flavor totally tastes like pina colada. The smell didn’t lie for once! XD
It is pretty good hot, but I feel that it would be better cold. It is a very “in-your-face” kind of tea. Which can be good or bad, depending on the day :P
All that to say, this is a good tea! Really happy I got to try it!
I wouldn’t buy more myself, I don’t think, but I will happily sip this sample down! ^^

Flavors: Coconut, Fruity, Pineapple, Sweet