Hot Tropic

Fruit Herbal Blend
Coconut, Mango, Vanilla, Pineapple, Fruity, Sweet, Tropical, Chocolate, Hibiscus, Apple, Astringent, banana, Drying, Tangy, Cinnamon
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

2 Images

• “Do you like Piña Coladas? Do ya do ya do ya? If you do, this tea is for you! I tried this for the first time in store for my free cup, and let me say, it was love at first sip. I just Read full tasting note
    butteredrum 4 tasting notes
  • “I popped by my local DT today and decided to try this tea. It’s finally sunny outside, so I figured this would be refreshing! This tastes very much like a Pina Colada! It’s quite tasty!...” Read full tasting note
    interstellaaar_04 40 tasting notes
  • “Over-the-top sweetness. The coconut and fruit blended well. Maybe I’m just not in a summer frame of mind today. It’s raining and overcast, and brewing this tea hot just didn’t...” Read full tasting note
    Violisa 29 tasting notes
  • “Got a generous sample in my swap with someone from Canada, who was awesome enough to go pick up some teas and share with me! I’ve been wanting to try this one…half because I need more...” Read full tasting note
    Ostdalost 719 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Calling all beach bunnies…you are going to flip out over this tea. It’s amost excellent blend of tropical fruit, coconut and spices. It’s sweet and mega creamy, just like a totally primo piña colada. And if you really want to get amped, try freezing it into ice cubes and putting them in your blender with agave and a little coconut milk. It’s, like, off the wall. Take it from the big kahuna: this is one wave you definitely want to ride. Toes on the nose, dudes!

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Do you like Piña Coladas? Do ya do ya do ya? If you do, this tea is for you! I tried this for the first time in store for my free cup, and let me say, it was love at first sip. I just HAD to buy it. I’m normally not a big fan of a lot of tropical tasting teas because I don’t like many sweet tasting teas, but this.. this is amazing. It smells like paradise and it pretty much tastes like it too. Such strong flavors of mango and coconut just give me the chills thinking about it. The thing I love about this tea, is that you don’t need more than 1.5 tsp/ 8oz to get the full flavor. God I am just in love, this is definitely one of those teas I want to have in my cupboard indefinitely.

Flavors: Coconut, Mango, Vanilla

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

This tastes very much like a Pina Colada! It’s quite tasty! The smell and flavour are really close, which is nice. There is cinnamon in this tea, but it doesn’t really come through. I kind of wish it did though…it would be an interesting take on a pina colada and would also add to the “hot” part of Hot Tropic. Maybe as a hot drink you can taste it more. I had this cold so I’m not sure haha. I got this with sweetner in it, but I’m not sure that it is necessary as this is very sweet.

Overall, it’s yummy, but I probably won’t keep a stash of my own. I would definitely drink it again though!

Flavors: Coconut, Pineapple

Over-the-top sweetness. The coconut and fruit blended well. Maybe I’m just not in a summer frame of mind today. It’s raining and overcast, and brewing this tea hot just didn’t send me to paradise. It wasn’t bad! It just wasn’t very memorable. But, my boyfriend loves pina coladas so maybe I’ll order some for him. This was June 2014 Tea of the Month.

Got a generous sample in my swap with someone from Canada, who was awesome enough to go pick up some teas and share with me! I’ve been wanting to try this one…half because I need more decaf teas, but also because people say it tastes like pina colada! And that sounds like my kind of tea!
When I first opened the bag, a strong wave of Pina Colada hit me. It took me back to the days where my family actually had money and we used to go to resorts in Mexico and you could get drinks for free since you already paid beforehand-and my bro always got a Pina Colada kind of drink. It had a name but I am totally blanking xD
This tea reminds me of being on the amazing beach in Puerto Vallarta.
Got me all nostalgic XD
But anyway-the flavor totally tastes like pina colada. The smell didn’t lie for once! XD
It is pretty good hot, but I feel that it would be better cold. It is a very “in-your-face” kind of tea. Which can be good or bad, depending on the day :P
All that to say, this is a good tea! Really happy I got to try it!
I wouldn’t buy more myself, I don’t think, but I will happily sip this sample down! ^^

Flavors: Coconut, Fruity, Pineapple, Sweet

I can’t believe that I waited so long to try this one! I finally tried this last night and was pleasantly surprised. The dry blend smells EXACTLY like a piña colada! I was shocked to find out that there were apples, mango and anise in this because all that you smell is the pineapple and a bit of the coconut. I had this warm and forgot to take my tea bag out until I was halfway done drinking it (oops!). I noticed that the longer it steeped, the more apple comes through which contributes a sour note to the tea (similarly to how it comes through with Movie Night). If you like piña coladas, I would recommend steeping this for maybe 2 or 3 minutes at most- but if the more fruity and sour blend is what you prefer, steep it longer. I’m excited to try this iced as well as I think that it may taste even more tropical then. A great alternative to a tropical drink (but with way less calories!).

Flavors: Coconut, Pineapple, Tropical

Had this iced and it’s all right. Love the blend of tropical flavors and the smooth, lingering coconut finish. Not my favorite iced tea though and a little pricey because the ingredients are so heavy.

I had a little bit of this (2tsp) left over from making my fiance iced tea last night. Since I didn’t see any star anise in it, I decided I’d try this hot and see if I liked it over the chilled version.

Without the star anise, this is very juicy pineapple, and the pina colada smell holds true in the taste. I actually like it a lot. Probably not enough to order this for myself, but definitely enough to finish off the leftovers again.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I cold brewed this last week as well, and I should have made some notes. But I don’t remember tasting any chocolate.
I thought there was too much going on, and it didn’t taste like a pina-colada. Too much hibiscus as well.

I was really hoping that this would be a replacement for my beloved, discontinued, Kanpe. It’s not.
This is pina colada with a hint of spice. It’s really really sweet. I cold steeped this overnight and then some. Lots of pineapple, lots of coconut and just a hint of something in the back. Not quite sure on the spice, but it’s just a hint. This tastes like a Davids tea. There is something about their coconut that makes all those types taste the same.
If you like, pineapple and coconut you will like this.
It’s good for a hot summer’s night (would be better if I had some rum to put in it).
Thanks so much TheTeaFairy for sharing this with me.

yyz

I’m kind of sad about Kanape as well. I don’t drink a lot of fruit teas but I did enjoy that one.

Dexter

I know, I love it – I stocked up on it when I found out it was leaving, but I’m still hoarding it. It was just the perfect balance between fruity, tart, and spicy.
Oh well, I’ll keep drinking my one pitcher a week until it’s gone and then hopefully will have found something else.

yyz

Let me know if you find something!

TheTeaFairy

Lol, I did not share that one, I got rid of it, thanks for taking it away :-) The only reason I bought it is because I thought it would make a good iced tea for summer…I was wrong!!

Mandy

Ooh I have some coconut rum I picked up when I was in the Caribbean that I bet would be good in this, haha.

Dexter

yyz will do – I still have hopes of finding something at Cornelia, but they just have SO MANY TISANES, hard to try them all.
FairyLOL it’s not THAT bad, I would like some tart to offset the sweet. HHHHMMMMM maybe I should add a scoop of the H&S one you said was REALLY TART – will have to try that. :))
Mandy – Coconut Rum would be good in this, the alcohol would help cut the sweet. (or the buzz would just distract you)

This one just screams summer. I love it, it has been my new favourite from Davidstea. Yum!