Hot Tropic

Fruit Herbal Blend
Coconut, Mango, Vanilla, Pineapple, Fruity, Sweet, Tropical, Chocolate, Hibiscus, Apple, Astringent, banana, Drying, Tangy, Cinnamon
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

2 Images

• “Piña colada with star anise. Truthfully, that sums it up. It smells delicious, but one sip made my stomach turn.” Read full tasting note
    apieceofquiche 61 tasting notes
  • “Do you like Piña Coladas? Do ya do ya do ya? If you do, this tea is for you! I tried this for the first time in store for my free cup, and let me say, it was love at first sip. I just Read full tasting note
    butteredrum 4 tasting notes
  • “I popped by my local DT today and decided to try this tea. It’s finally sunny outside, so I figured this would be refreshing! This tastes very much like a Pina Colada! It’s quite tasty!...” Read full tasting note
    interstellaaar_04 40 tasting notes
  • “Over-the-top sweetness. The coconut and fruit blended well. Maybe I’m just not in a summer frame of mind today. It’s raining and overcast, and brewing this tea hot just didn’t...” Read full tasting note
    Violisa 29 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Calling all beach bunnies…you are going to flip out over this tea. It’s amost excellent blend of tropical fruit, coconut and spices. It’s sweet and mega creamy, just like a totally primo piña colada. And if you really want to get amped, try freezing it into ice cubes and putting them in your blender with agave and a little coconut milk. It’s, like, off the wall. Take it from the big kahuna: this is one wave you definitely want to ride. Toes on the nose, dudes!

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This one just screams summer. I love it, it has been my new favourite from Davidstea. Yum!

Chocolate?! So weird.
I guess someone tasted that somehow??

I cold brewed this and when I drank it I got nothing but piña colada. I’m being truthful. Maybe some spices to give it a bit of richness and a little kick.

My all time favorite tea to cold brew is Davidstea’s Tropicalia, and I’m guessing they came out with this one for 2014 instead of bringing back Tropicalia, like they should have.

But since they didn’t, this one will have to do.

As far as a piña colada iced tea, this one is yummy.
I will buy some more to have for the rest of the summer!

Roswell Strange

According to DT’s ingredients list on their website, there’s no chocolate in this? I agree with you about Tropicalia, though.

whatshesaid

Oh thank god, I thought for sure I had lost it. It says chocolate at the top of the page, I guess someone else added that?? Weird!

Roswell Strange

Ah yeah, I just looked at the tea page. It’s one of the listed flavours which just means someone else tasted that when they prepared it. In theory the flavours could list Sunscreen if someone tasted that (it’s an option in the flavors list). But yeah, that would be a weird ingredient – and I’d feel silly too given I didn’t notice chocolate either when I had this one ;)

Sipdown (149/156)!

Thank you VariaTEA for the sample. I likely would have been too stubborn to go and get some for myself otherwise (it’s the raisins, man!). What’d I do without you?

I’m only somewhat regretting cold brewing it all while I was sick: it was a little hard to get any nuances it may have had while I was heavily medicated at work today. What I did pick up on what some serious creamy vanilla coconut notes and buttery, tropical feeling apple/mango notes. And is there seriously no pineapple in this!? How can you market it as a “Pina Colada” tea when there’s no pineapple? That seems really, really wrong to me.

But it was good. I may need to pick up a small sample again some time when I’m not sick so I can get a proper taste of it, because I feel like I missed out on things I should have picked up, like cinnamon or star anise.

Reserving my rating until I’ve tried it not sick. Pretty sure I still like Tropicalia a lot more though…

VariaTEA

I was worried about the raisins but thought they weren’t too present thus figured it was worth sending you a small sample to force you to try it out :P

Too many flavours for my liking. Dilute tartness. Reminds me a bit of hibiscus.

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 5 tsp 13 OZ / 375 ML

This tea was super delicious. I went to the store and had it iced. The coconut and chocolate flavors were so yummy. Something was a little bitter which I did not care for, but I did not want to sweeten it since I had a bad experience with too much agave in the past (see Midsummer’s Night Dream). Next time I may add a sprinkle of Splenda but I am looking forward to drinking this again. Or another coconut chocolate tea, like Chocolate Macaroon! That tea is sooooo on my wishlist.

Flavors: Chocolate, Coconut

Damn you Sil for suggesting this when it came out. I’ve gone through 350g of this so far (so wish I was joking!) as both hot and iced, although right now it’s mostly just iced. Needs no sweetener, and it really is an amazing pina colada tea with a hint of spices, like spiced rum. I want to try and make this as a slushy, rum pina colada cocktail… but I drink it too fast to get that far.

Flavors: Coconut, Hibiscus, Pineapple, Sweet

Iced 5 min, 0 sec 4 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Lol that’s especially funny to me since I am not generally a fan of a davids lol

Maybe I should give this another chance…it smelled so delicious in the canister and I so wanted to like it, but all I tasted was tangy fruit with coconut notes, which left me really disappointed. I had this hot, which may have been the difference…or I may be growing an aversion to pineapple…

Flavors: Tangy

Hey new best friend tea, what’s goin’ on?
But for reals, I love this tea. Since I’m moving soon, I’m really not allowed to get more tea… and low and behold… more tea… BUT this one is so good! I couldn’t help myself. It just is the best thing ever ever ever.

I should note that I was never a huge fan of Tropicalia. Sure, it was okay. But it definitely was not one of my favourites.

So what is it about this blend? For me, I have to imagine it is the combination of vanilla and star anise added to it to give it a prominent base (which I also imagine is what makes it taste great hot or iced). Another one of my favourite DT blends (R.I.P.) is Ceylon Star, so I do love that star anise!

It’s nice to have a permanent pineapple tea at DT that isn’t pineapple oolong either. YAY!!

This tastes like a pina colada with a kick. LOVE that David’s did another blend with pineapple. This one is definitely a winner!

soooo being the NOT fan of David’s tea that many of you know that i am. Guess what? What this one is pretty tasty hot….as a cold brew i am MUCH happier. maybe it’s just the sick talking but this is really refreshing tonight. the only thing that could make this even more amazing would be the addition of rum… cough now i haven’t gone and figured out how much stupid sugar or other random crap in here that i will grumble about..because i’m just trying to enjoy this…i’ll look at that later…but IF there isn’t any…i COULD consider stocking this for the summer. shhhhh….

Final Count: 231