Hot Tropic

Fruit Herbal Blend
Coconut, Pineapple, Tropical, Chocolate, Hibiscus, Sweet, Apple, Tangy, Fruity, Cinnamon, Mango
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

2 Images

• “I can't believe that I waited so long to try this one! I finally tried this last night and was pleasantly surprised. The dry blend smells EXACTLY like a piña colada! I was shocked to find out that...” Read full tasting note
    MooKiwi 160 tasting notes
  • “Had this iced and it's all right. Love the blend of tropical flavors and the smooth, lingering coconut finish. Not my favorite iced tea though and a little pricey because the ingredients are so...” Read full tasting note
    wadingmoose 65 tasting notes
  • “I had a little bit of this (2tsp) left over from making my fiance iced tea last night. Since I didn't see any star anise in it, I decided I'd try this hot and see if I liked it over the chilled...” Read full tasting note
    sundaysipping 184 tasting notes
  • “I cold brewed this last week as well, and I should have made some notes. But I don't remember tasting any chocolate. I thought there was too much going on, and it didn't taste like a pina-colada....” Read full tasting note
    tigress_al 812 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Calling all beach bunnies…you are going to flip out over this tea. It’s amost excellent blend of tropical fruit, coconut and spices. It’s sweet and mega creamy, just like a totally primo piña colada. And if you really want to get amped, try freezing it into ice cubes and putting them in your blender with agave and a little coconut milk. It’s, like, off the wall. Take it from the big kahuna: this is one wave you definitely want to ride. Toes on the nose, dudes!

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Damn you Sil for suggesting this when it came out. I’ve gone through 350g of this so far (so wish I was joking!) as both hot and iced, although right now it’s mostly just iced. Needs no sweetener, and it really is an amazing pina colada tea with a hint of spices, like spiced rum. I want to try and make this as a slushy, rum pina colada cocktail… but I drink it too fast to get that far.

Flavors: Coconut, Hibiscus, Pineapple, Sweet

Iced 5 min, 0 sec 4 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Lol that’s especially funny to me since I am not generally a fan of a davids lol

Maybe I should give this another chance…it smelled so delicious in the canister and I so wanted to like it, but all I tasted was tangy fruit with coconut notes, which left me really disappointed. I had this hot, which may have been the difference…or I may be growing an aversion to pineapple…

Flavors: Tangy

Hey new best friend tea, what’s goin’ on?
But for reals, I love this tea. Since I’m moving soon, I’m really not allowed to get more tea… and low and behold… more tea… BUT this one is so good! I couldn’t help myself. It just is the best thing ever ever ever.

I should note that I was never a huge fan of Tropicalia. Sure, it was okay. But it definitely was not one of my favourites.

So what is it about this blend? For me, I have to imagine it is the combination of vanilla and star anise added to it to give it a prominent base (which I also imagine is what makes it taste great hot or iced). Another one of my favourite DT blends (R.I.P.) is Ceylon Star, so I do love that star anise!

It’s nice to have a permanent pineapple tea at DT that isn’t pineapple oolong either. YAY!!

This tastes like a pina colada with a kick. LOVE that David’s did another blend with pineapple. This one is definitely a winner!

soooo being the NOT fan of David’s tea that many of you know that i am. Guess what? What this one is pretty tasty hot….as a cold brew i am MUCH happier. maybe it’s just the sick talking but this is really refreshing tonight. the only thing that could make this even more amazing would be the addition of rum… cough now i haven’t gone and figured out how much stupid sugar or other random crap in here that i will grumble about..because i’m just trying to enjoy this…i’ll look at that later…but IF there isn’t any…i COULD consider stocking this for the summer. shhhhh….

Final Count: 231

Iced 8 min or more

Another new tea that I picked up today! I was excited to try this as Tropicalia was good last year but a bit watery in the coconut aspect. Excited to be trying a similar yet different tea to that one!

This smelled so coconutty and like Tropicalia dry. I steeped it for 5 minutes, trying it hot first, and the liquor is a light, slightly cloudy golden yellow. Smells tropical and coconut!

This is another win from DavidsTea! The coconut is rich and thick here, the vanilla might be helping bring out that aspect. It’s not too sweet but has a rather tangy flavor to it, fruity, not overly identifiable, but a fruit tang. Probably the mango, although I don’t get an overly recognizable mango note. I’m not sure if the other ingredients add much in the terms of individual flavors when brewed hot, but they are probably helping the overall blend taste as yummy as it does!

Overall, this is a great success hot. Lots of coconut and fruity tang, I think I prefer this to Tropicalia, although I had that tea wayy back last year haha, but I didn’t re-stock and hoard it so it can’t have been amazing. I am excited to try this cold, and the coconut is rich enough that it might make some nice summery cocktails and not be too weak of a base. A tasty coconut tea that definitely screams SUMMER! Now if only the weather would fully cooperate here and get above 20 degrees!

Flavors: Coconut, Fruity, Tangy

I love the first of each month, it’s always filled with surprises and discoveries :)
This month was particularly special at Davids tea because they came out with such a wonderful herbal tea blend that SCREAMS summer vacations!

My first smell : HEAVEN SWEETNESS! The coconut wins hands down for me then the apples – mixed with cinnamon – and mangoes. The vanilla is marrying all the scents together. Overall, it’s a pretty tea to look at with full pieces of star anise.

While steeping, the fruits are starting to take over the smell battle. The mangoes are impressively strong so are the apples and cinnamon. I steeped my tea for 5 minutes and did not bother adding any sweetener considering it already smelt so sweet! The tea has a beautiful yellow color.

The end product is to me is almost like a summery fruit pastry. You get a strong taste of apple and cinnamon, refreshing taste of coconut and the sweetness of the mangoes. Everything works together! I was a bit scared the star anise would be overpowering but it turned out just wonderful. I’m very satisfied with this tea and will most likely get more for the warmer days to drink on ice :)

Flavors: Apple, Cinnamon, Coconut, Mango

I had this on ice to go at the David’s store and then I decided to buy some. Tonight I mixed it with Fantasy Island by David’s and it was a great mix!

I cold brewed this one for 17 hours (whoops, I meant to do 12). It turned out just fine though. It really tastes just like Tropicalia plus cinnamon and star anise. Neither are in-your-face, but are noticeable, yet subtle at the same time. It’s quite enjoyable as a cold brew.

I also steeped up a normal mug too, and I may ever so slightly prefer the hot. Partly because I generally prefer hot tea, but also because the cinnamon is more apparent than the star anise, whereas they were equal in the cold brew. When cinnamon is done well in a tea, I do enjoy it. The hot version is more like a cinnamon piña colada.

VariaTEA

Glad you liked it as well :)

Nxtdoor

Gotta remember to avoid this. Thanks for the Tropicalia comparison or I might not have known.

VariaTEA

Nxtdoor, I hated Tropicalia but liked this so it may be worth a sample anyways.

1933 tasting notes

Sipdown!! (163)

The rest of this is going off to Roswell Strange so she can give it a try without having to commit to more than about a cup given the raisins. I am a fan and I am hoping she likes it as well but we shall see. For my last cup, I am having it hot as I like that the hot cup tends to always highlight the pineapple. However, I have had this hot, cold, and iced and have enjoyed it each way. This is one I will be picking up again soon enough.

Roswell Strange

Crossing my fingers I like it; I could use a Tropicalia replacement for when I do inevitably run out. Still wary though…

VariaTEA

That’s why I am sending you a small amount. You can try it and if you don’t like it, it will be gone in 1-2 cups.

Cavocorax

Oh – maybe I’ll give this a shot! I’ve been itching to make a DAVIDs order to get a replacement top for my timolino!

VariaTEA

Clearly I enjoyed if so I would say it is worth ordering. If you order it and don’t like it, I can trade you for it or pay you for it if you like.