Oolong Supreme

Oolong Tea
Mineral, Plums
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “Again, another expensive blend that I won't be getting a lot of. I'm kind of 'meh' on straight oolongs, but I'm realising that you get what you pay for and this one is delicious. Definitely a...” Read full tasting note
    raven22 183 tasting notes
  • “I got this tea as part of the Frequent Steeper program, and it was a great use of my free two ounces. I drink a lot of oolongs for my blog, and, while this is not an amazing oolong, it was a pretty...” Read full tasting note
    morvaltur 1757 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown! Figured I'd use up the last of this in a travel mug for Thanksgiving. It's a great counter to all the sweet baked goods (as I find many straight blacks are as well). Roasty, oolong goodness.” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2661 tasting notes
  • “this tea was free with my Frequent points. Gongfu method 6g 100ml 185F rinse/5/10/10/15/20sec etc its is floral, nutty and mildly roasted(too mild for my taste;) longer steeps bring astringency and...” Read full tasting note
    boychik 421 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

This super-rare, highly sought after tea comes from one of the most famous holy places in China: Mount Wudang, known for its ancestral temples, its world-renowned martial arts – and of course, for its seriously next level tea. And this twisted leaf Dan Cong oolong is no exception. With notes of ripe plum and shea butter, plus a unique hint of roastiness, it’s lightly nutty, surprisingly complex and totally refreshing. Because, hey. It’s not just any oolong. It’s supreme.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Again, another expensive blend that I won’t be getting a lot of. I’m kind of ‘meh’ on straight oolongs, but I’m realising that you get what you pay for and this one is delicious. Definitely a higher quality than what I’m used to – sadly my wallet cannot made the jump, LOL. I added a little bit of milk to this one on my first couple of steepings, but maybe next time I’ll just have it plain.

I got this tea as part of the Frequent Steeper program, and it was a great use of my free two ounces. I drink a lot of oolongs for my blog, and, while this is not an amazing oolong, it was a pretty solid offering from DavidsTea.

Heh, I used my free 50g on this one too :D

Spencer

The free 50g before that was spent on their Pouchong Oolong – equally tasty, but for different reasons.

Spencer

Whereas this one is roasted a bit, the Pouchong is floral and greener.

Kittenna

I like the pouchong, but felt more like getting a bunch of something roasty. I might have 150g free this time around…. who knows what I’ll get…

Sipdown! Figured I’d use up the last of this in a travel mug for Thanksgiving. It’s a great counter to all the sweet baked goods (as I find many straight blacks are as well). Roasty, oolong goodness.

I really like this one.

KatBender

Ooh, that sounds excellent! I might have to order some.

Amariel

What I really like about this is the balance of heavy and light, roasted and not, and the minimal floral. The leaves are dark, making you think you will get a darker tea, but you don’t…it’s lighter…but it is still roasty with a little fruit and nut taste. This is a real winner for me.

Kittenna

SO delicious. Definitely fruitier and nuttier (and lighter) than blacks, despite its appearance.

Amariel

Yeah, it’s a total tease. It looks like one thing and brews up another!

this tea was free with my Frequent points.
Gongfu method
6g 100ml 185F
rinse/5/10/10/15/20sec etc
its is floral, nutty and mildly roasted(too mild for my taste;)
longer steeps bring astringency and bitterness. I suggest to prepare it Gongfu(pseudo gongfu if you dont have gaiwan). Otherwise tea is kinda flavorless and bitter. More leaves, less time.
It is a quality tea, just not my taste. But it was free, so no complaints.

185 °F / 85 °C 0 min, 15 sec 6 g 3 OZ / 100 ML

Yes, it’s double the price of most of the oolongs at David’s Tea. I was so skeptical but I’m really enjoying oolongs lately and decided to go for something special. I was not disappointed. I brewed my first cup and made sure that my timing was exact, because I didn’t want it getting too strong. Well, after I had my first sip, I knew I was in trouble. Darn my expensive tastes! This is light and buttery and delicate and I could just drink it all the time.

I also mix it with the Pink Flamingo to make iced tea for my husband and he can’t get enough of it. A full “perfect spoon” of each in a 45oz pot, brew it as long as you want (I’ve even done it overnight to concentrate the flavours). Thank goodness for the Frequent Steeper program because this will be a good one to get for free!

Saltmania

I picked this one up for free with the frequent steeper program and it’s wonderful though I can’t see myself ever paying full price for it.

danideskjob

I agree, it’s pretty expensive. Can’t wait for October when I get to spend more points!

Made for me at a DavidsTea store.

What is this?

All I got was faint brine and some bitter vegetal.

The buttery rich flavor of Oolong Supreme really caters to the taste buds nicely. I found this one tasted even better during a second or third steeping. It’s very soothing on a sensitive stomach so as I recovered the tea made it easier to take meals. I can imagine that later on that this tea would make a great travelling partner for photo shoots. In the meanwhile I’ve been drinking it while reading fantasy novels. Which in a way is kind of like travelling without having to leave the house. Haha. Happy tea drinking everyone.

Wow, what an interesting last 24 hours. Not in a good way. Battling a potential eye infection, stupid sinuses. stress from external situations, and today I woke up with a migraine (part sinus, part stress) annnnnnd…today my building was having its fire alarms tested. ALL 23 FLOORS. So they were going off for a few seconds, periodically every 30-60 seconds or so for about 2 hours. I think they started about 8 or 8:30, and they were still at it by the time I left for work, about 10:15. And the bell is right by my door. So yeah, I pretty much had a sucky morning and had a migraine at work, plus stress. Not a good day, except when my co-workers cheered me up some, and I got notified that the sweater I ordered from Ricki’s arrived at the store (free shipping to the store).

(I got the black one, when it was on sale for $19.99 … http://www.rickis.com/star-surrounded-heart-sweater-8137WED5144SRHRT.html?dwvar_8137WED5144SRHRT_colour=Black%2FTeal%2FGrey#sz=100&start=1)

I also went to pick up more Mighty Aphrodite from David’s while I at the store, and opted to make that my free 50g. I was originally gonna just get 30g. but then she over measured and was like, it’s 40g…is that still ok, to which I said yes, but then realized I can just get 10g more and make it free. It’s not the most expensive tea or value for money, but I got Gold Rush last time, and I refilled on Oolong Supreme when I was in last, which will last me a while, so I opted for more Mighty Aphrodite.

Anyway, my ranting aside…this is one of my favourite teas and I am drinking it because it is just so nice. It’s making me feel a little bit better about everything that’s been going on lately. I’m on my second cup. This is less a review and more of a rant….sorry everyone. Sometimes you just need to vent and let things out. Hoping I can get into a community acupuncture session over the next few days to help “bleed out” so to speak, the stress, and help me deal more and move on with things.

In the meantime, it is midnight, but I have chocolate chip peanut butter cookies that are cooling… :)

1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
Roswell Strange

Sounds like a rough day; feel better!

Amariel

Thanks, it was. I’m mentally and physically spent. It will get better.

Veronica

Feel better!

whatshesaid

Hope today was better :)

Amariel

Thanks. Today is my day off, so I slept in some. I’m still stuffy, and have a little headache, but I’m about to hop into a hot shower soon, so that should help!

And I’ve got some Vanilla Orchid just brewed here too. :P

OMGsrsly

Yay for days off!

Liquor: Green-brown liquor, clear with a very distinct ripe dried plum and shea butter aroma

Dry Leaf Notes: Same as the liquor aroma.

Flavour: Dark green leaf, twisted and somewhat curled, about 1.25 inches in length. Some gloss.