Oolong Supreme

Oolong Tea
Mineral, Plums
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “I got this tea as part of the Frequent Steeper program, and it was a great use of my free two ounces. I drink a lot of oolongs for my blog, and, while this is not an amazing oolong, it was a pretty...” Read full tasting note
    morvaltur 1740 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown! Figured I'd use up the last of this in a travel mug for Thanksgiving. It's a great counter to all the sweet baked goods (as I find many straight blacks are as well). Roasty, oolong goodness.” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2604 tasting notes
  • “this tea was free with my Frequent points. Gongfu method 6g 100ml 185F rinse/5/10/10/15/20sec etc its is floral, nutty and mildly roasted(too mild for my taste;) longer steeps bring astringency and...” Read full tasting note
    boychik 417 tasting notes
  • “Yes, it's double the price of most of the oolongs at David's Tea. I was so skeptical but I'm really enjoying oolongs lately and decided to go for something special. I was not disappointed. I brewed...” Read full tasting note
    danideskjob 27 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

This super-rare, highly sought after tea comes from one of the most famous holy places in China: Mount Wudang, known for its ancestral temples, its world-renowned martial arts – and of course, for its seriously next level tea. And this twisted leaf Dan Cong oolong is no exception. With notes of ripe plum and shea butter, plus a unique hint of roastiness, it’s lightly nutty, surprisingly complex and totally refreshing. Because, hey. It’s not just any oolong. It’s supreme.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I got this tea as part of the Frequent Steeper program, and it was a great use of my free two ounces. I drink a lot of oolongs for my blog, and, while this is not an amazing oolong, it was a pretty solid offering from DavidsTea.

Heh, I used my free 50g on this one too :D

Spencer

The free 50g before that was spent on their Pouchong Oolong – equally tasty, but for different reasons.

Spencer

Whereas this one is roasted a bit, the Pouchong is floral and greener.

Kittenna

I like the pouchong, but felt more like getting a bunch of something roasty. I might have 150g free this time around…. who knows what I’ll get…

Sipdown! Figured I’d use up the last of this in a travel mug for Thanksgiving. It’s a great counter to all the sweet baked goods (as I find many straight blacks are as well). Roasty, oolong goodness.

I really like this one.

KatBender

Ooh, that sounds excellent! I might have to order some.

Amariel

What I really like about this is the balance of heavy and light, roasted and not, and the minimal floral. The leaves are dark, making you think you will get a darker tea, but you don’t…it’s lighter…but it is still roasty with a little fruit and nut taste. This is a real winner for me.

Kittenna

SO delicious. Definitely fruitier and nuttier (and lighter) than blacks, despite its appearance.

Amariel

Yeah, it’s a total tease. It looks like one thing and brews up another!

this tea was free with my Frequent points.
Gongfu method
6g 100ml 185F
rinse/5/10/10/15/20sec etc
its is floral, nutty and mildly roasted(too mild for my taste;)
longer steeps bring astringency and bitterness. I suggest to prepare it Gongfu(pseudo gongfu if you dont have gaiwan). Otherwise tea is kinda flavorless and bitter. More leaves, less time.
It is a quality tea, just not my taste. But it was free, so no complaints.

185 °F / 85 °C 0 min, 15 sec 6 g 3 OZ / 100 ML

Yes, it’s double the price of most of the oolongs at David’s Tea. I was so skeptical but I’m really enjoying oolongs lately and decided to go for something special. I was not disappointed. I brewed my first cup and made sure that my timing was exact, because I didn’t want it getting too strong. Well, after I had my first sip, I knew I was in trouble. Darn my expensive tastes! This is light and buttery and delicate and I could just drink it all the time.

I also mix it with the Pink Flamingo to make iced tea for my husband and he can’t get enough of it. A full “perfect spoon” of each in a 45oz pot, brew it as long as you want (I’ve even done it overnight to concentrate the flavours). Thank goodness for the Frequent Steeper program because this will be a good one to get for free!

Saltmania

I picked this one up for free with the frequent steeper program and it’s wonderful though I can’t see myself ever paying full price for it.

danideskjob

I agree, it’s pretty expensive. Can’t wait for October when I get to spend more points!

Made for me at a DavidsTea store.

What is this?

All I got was faint brine and some bitter vegetal.

The buttery rich flavor of Oolong Supreme really caters to the taste buds nicely. I found this one tasted even better during a second or third steeping. It’s very soothing on a sensitive stomach so as I recovered the tea made it easier to take meals. I can imagine that later on that this tea would make a great travelling partner for photo shoots. In the meanwhile I’ve been drinking it while reading fantasy novels. Which in a way is kind of like travelling without having to leave the house. Haha. Happy tea drinking everyone.

Having this again…I have had this several times since my initial tasting note, and I have to say that it is becoming a go to tea for me lately. It’s got body with enough weight, but still not super heavy like black, so it does still feel a little lighter and summery, but heavier than a white or green. In fact, on the oolong scale, I’d have to say that this tea is like right in the middle. The leaves are dark, but the brew is light, but it is not vegetal, floral, or grassy like like lighter oolongs are. The notes are creamy and buttery like a milk oolong, almost, but with a nutty taste…probably from the roasting. There are plummy mineral notes, and almost a peachy or apricot note too.

It’s a really unique tea, and I find myself reaching for it a lot these days, which is odd, because I don’t usually flock to a straight tea so frequently.

Saltmania

I think you’re right on the money with peachy. I’d also say litchi nut.

Liquor: Green-brown liquor, clear with a very distinct ripe dried plum and shea butter aroma

Dry Leaf Notes: Same as the liquor aroma.

Flavour: Dark green leaf, twisted and somewhat curled, about 1.25 inches in length. Some gloss.