Pouchong Oolong

Medium
Kosher
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

After years of searching, we’ve finally found the ultimate Pouchong Oolong. So what makes it so special? The natural floral aroma, with each leaf rolled in a signature style to preserve the fragrant tea oils. It’s grown in the Wenshan area of Taiwan, known for its beautiful landscape, clean water and fertile soil. The tea estate sits on a high hill overlooking a fresh, pure reservoir. And the difference comes through in the cup: fresh, complex and vegetal, with hints of ripe fruit and pine. Trust us – it was worth the wait.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

1.5 tsp for 300mL water @85C, steeped four minutes thirty seconds.

Pine and plum notes for sure, though the pine is stronger. A note I dislike in tea: I don’t know if this is called ‘vegetal’ or what, but there’s a a taste and scene that reminds me of scallops. I’ve detected it in some green and white teas, and I don’t care for it — well, not in tea. Scallops on my plate is another matter. Some shea butter notes in the aftertaste.

Flavors: Bok Choy, Broth, Fish Broth, Mushrooms, Pine, Plums

TeaBrat

Fish broth? ewww

Michelle Butler Hallett

Yeah. I’ve not tried to make a second cup. I don’t want scallops in my oolong. Add a pinch of salt to this tea and you’re halfway to soup. Not for me.

Enjoying this cold-brewed, today

With a bit of a Summer cold because of the sudden change in the weather it was great to have two new Oolong teas to try. Of the two the lighter plum notes of this one was very therapeutic to the senses and made it nice to drink during the recovery period. It helped to give a needed boost of energy for the times I wasn’t resting in bed. I would recommend this to anyone who was after a refreshing and healing tea.

Dry Leaf Nose: Plum aroma.

Liquor: Green-gold and clear with a fine floral aroma, laced with notes of ripe plum and pine.

Flavour: Excellent, fresh flavour with extreme floral notes up front. Followed by plum, ripe fruit, a fresh hint of pine, and a bit of a vegetal component. Very complex. Lingers on the palate leaving an excellent ‘oolong glow.’