Cotton Candy

Cotton Candy, Sweet, Candy, Sugar, Tropical, Rooibos
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

Some people call it fairy floss. Others go for spun sugar. We like the classic “cotton candy.” But whatever you want to call it, we can all agree on one thing: it’s seriously delicious and ridiculously fun. And this tea was developed with our favourite carnival treat in mind. It combines nut brittle, candied mango and cotton candy sprinkles with a smooth, sweet base of red rooibos. The result? All the fun and flavour of the real thing, at next to no calories. It’s a carnival in a cup.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

So, I’m not sure why I thought I would enjoy it, because cotton candy without the sugar is literally just sugar and food coloring… This is too sweet for me, and I can’t really get past that to appreciate anything about the taste. Maybe it would have been better iced? Oh well, it was a sample, so it’s all gone now… (sipdown! 97)

Another backlog! I don’t entirely recall what I thought of this tea, but I remember the aroma being quite sweet and sugary, and the taste considerably less so, and unfortunately a bit heavy on the rooibos. I believe I should have one serving left to write a more detailed note about it probably 3 years in the future. Heh.

darby

If you have agave it works really well with that

numbrsix

If you have any of the Cotton Candy left, I’d love to buy/swap with you – I’m trying to find some for a friend as an XMas gift. :)

Kittenna

Unfortunately I only picked up about 10g, and if I have any left, it’s a single serving that I’m planning to drink. Sorry :( I just checked the DT website, and it looks like they must be out of it – last I noticed, they had 250g bags for sale at a discount, but it seems to be no longer.

numbrsix

No worries! Thanks for your helpful response. I’ll just cross my fingers it pops up somewhere before the holidays. :)

Kittenna

Did you try posting on the DT Facebook page? Sometimes people on there are willing to sell/do swaps.

numbrsix

Hi! That’s a great idea – but it appears that my friend has “liked” their Facebook page, so I’m nervous she’ll see my posts and discover that I’m trying to find this tea for her! Oh well, I’ll keep searching! :)

What?!?!? My dearest Ost….how is it that you somehow were able to send me so many samples that genuinely surprised me? I did not at all expect to like this. But lo and behold…I did! Now, I will definitely do things a tad differently next time I have this, but I actually liked so much more than I thought I would. I will put less tea with more water next time to combat the slightly overwhelming sweetness I got on the first steep. The second steep was amazing. Like…I really didn’t want it to end. It was so relaxing.

And seriously…I don’t like cotton candy. At all.

But this was so good!

Flavors: Cotton Candy, Sweet

Ost

Glad you liked it!!

I’m a big fan of sweet teas so I’m a big fan of this one! Definitely wouldn’t want it all the time, but it’s great when you have a big of a sweet tooth.

Flavors: Candy, Sweet

8 min or more 1 tsp 4 OZ / 118 ML
numbrsix

Do you happen to have any of the Cotton Candy left that you might want to sell/trade? I’m searching for some for a friend’s Xmas present. Thanks! :)

I wasn’t very impressed with this tea. I found it sickeningly sweet, and I love sweet so that says something. However it really does taste like cotton candy, so if you love drinking what taste like a bowl of sugar, this might be for you.

3 min, 30 sec 1 tsp

Denise Gow-Morse

I do actually, but only 26g, I had bought a small bag.

numbrsix

26g would be amazing! I just want to give her some as a present, since she loves it and it’s so hard to find this time of year. I’d be happy to pay you whatever you want, trade David’s Tea that’s available, or both!

numbrsix

I literally just squealed with excitement that I might be able to make this gift happen!

Denise Gow-Morse

I’m glad :D I only want like $5 for it. My only question is how do I get it to you? I assume you don’t live in Halifax (but perhaps you can search by here by location, I’m newish to this, lol) I could mail it? If mailing is an option I could set up something on etsy to transfer the money.

numbrsix

Hi! I’m located in the US! I would be happy to pay for it via Etsy (and to pay for shipping costs). Thank you – and I owe you any tea you desire in the future! You’ll make my friend so happy.

Denise Gow-Morse

All ready :) Ill send it out with the next mail after you buy it. Sorry its $5 for shipping, stupid Canada post…

numbrsix

I placed the order! Thank you so much and please let me know if you need any other info! :)

numbrsix

Thank you so much! Yes, that is the correct address (but would you mind deleting the comment so it’s not posted publicly? Thanks so much). My friend is going to be very happy.

Denise Gow-Morse

Sorry, lol, not sure why I didn’t think about that :P My bad, it’s deleted now. :)

numbrsix

Haha no worries! Thanks again for helping me track down this tea – you’re going to make my gifting skills look awesome. :)

This morning’s cold brew. I actually don’t mind this one. It’s sweet but not uncontrollably so when prepared this way. Now that I think of it, this tastes like the candy shells of Smarties (the Canadian ones!).

Cameron B.

Are they basically the same thing as M&M’s?

Anlina

They’re very similar in that they’re milk chocolate covered with a candy shell, but they have a distinctly different flavour than M&Ms, and the slightly different shape and ratio of candy shell to chocolate gives them a different texture to.

VariaTEA

They are similar but I think the smartie shell is harder (not that that information is relevant in regards to this tasting note)

Fjellrev

Basically. The chocolate tastes a little different, and they have a thicker candy shell. Most people tend to prefer Smarties, especially for the chocolate-to-shell ratio. :)

OMGsrsly

Smarties contain wheat flour. :(

numbrsix

Do you have any extra Cotton Candy you would want to sell or trade? I’m on a hunt for a friend’s XMas present.

Fjellrev

I’m so sorry! I actually have one serving left and just happened to put it into the fridge this morning to cold steep. Hope you’ll be able to find some for your friend.

numbrsix

Aww, no worries! Thanks for your kind response! I’ll keep hunting.

This was the drink that turned my admiration for DAVIDsTEA into a neurotic obsession.

I had seen the carnival collection in store when purchasing a gift for a friend, and smelled the loose tea samples they had set out. I thought they smelled cloyingly sweet, and definitely were not for me! I don’t sweeten my tea at all, and at most I might enjoy some fruit flavours in an herbal infusion, but I really don’t have a big sweet tooth and candy-flavoured tea sounded like a nightmare. No thanks!

Fast forward about a month, and I had a little games night planned with a few friends. One of my best friends, a total tea junkie, brought a pitcher of cotton candy iced tea, so of course I tried some. It completely surprised me! It isn’t nearly as sweet as I had assumed it would be, and has very soft flavours of candy and tropical fruits. It was lightly sweet and very refreshing, and struck me as a lovely drink for summer barbecues and patio parties. It tastes like pastel pink, and I don’t know if that’s just association with the colour of cotton candy or if I’m developing synaesthesia as I age, but there you have it! Baby pink tea!

The next time I was by the shop, I popped in to find that their summer collection was all on sale, and the carnival collection boxes were on special if you bought three. Obviously, I bought three of them, and then was sold on the Frequent Steepers plan, and then started browsing the web specials, and now I have a growing collection of their teas and mugs, as well as that same pitcher that my friend brought over, as she has since moved out of the country and couldn’t manage to take it with her. This was the first falling rock in the avalanche.

I brewed up another pitcher of iced cotton candy recently, and have found it a delightful take-along in a tumbler for visits to the dog park.

Flavors: Candy, Cotton Candy, Sugar, Tropical

Iced 8 min or more

I love this tea was just what I needed for a bit of sweetbess bed for bed.

Flavors: Cotton Candy, Rooibos

Blah, blah, blah. I will always love DavidsTea, but I don’t know what it is lately with some of these teas being so sweet they upset my stomach. I was so excited for this tea, and to be fair, it really does taste very similar to cotton candy. Alas, as I said before, this tea was so sugary sweet it gave me a pretty bad stomach ache and made me extremely thirsty. Also, I accidentally left my filter and just a bit of tea in my cup overnight and when I got to work this morning the remaining tea and filter had turned into a very bright orange (it looked like orange soda), so that didn’t exactly sit right with me.

I was able to try this tea at my best friend’s place. The dry leaf smells just like cotton candy, however, the taste, to me, was quite off. What is hilarious about this is that my Dong Pian from Red Blossom Tea tastes so much like cotton candy and it is a completely straight oolong. That Dong Pian is just out of this world and unfortunately, I couldn’t help but compare this tea to that one. I am a sucker for cotton candy and anything cotton candy flavored. I believe that my hopes were too high. The rooibos really overpowers the artificial/natural cotton candy flavors that were added. And I believe that the brittle in the tea is making the brew incredibly sweet. The notes that I could detect were: pure red rooibos, sour candy, sugar, and faint cotton candy. However, to be honest, I think the clash of rooibos and sour candy threw me off so much that I was not able to detect much else. (I’m off my game!) Looking at the dry leaf and smelling the dry leaf was a very pleasant experience. And spending time with my best friend over a cup of tea is always fun. The time actually inspired me to do another tea related (Well, in this case, the only tea related objects in the gif are tea lights) animation for my Tumblr!