Cotton Candy

Rooibos Tea
Brittle, Green Rooibos, Mango, Sprinkles
Candy, Cotton Candy, Rooibos, Sugarcane, Vanilla, Sugar, Sweet, Burnt Sugar, Creamy, Wood, Tropical
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

Some people call it fairy floss. Others go for spun sugar. We like the classic “cotton candy.” But whatever you want to call it, we can all agree on one thing: it’s seriously delicious and ridiculously fun. And this tea was developed with our favourite carnival treat in mind. It combines nut brittle, candied mango and cotton candy sprinkles with a smooth, sweet base of red rooibos. The result? All the fun and flavour of the real thing, at next to no calories. It’s a carnival in a cup.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I was surprised at how authentic the cotton candy flavour was. The rooibos is nice, although a white base would have been tasty too.

There is a lot of sugar cane/caramelized sweet flavours. There are some nice vanilla notes too. It is a sweet tea (which should be obvious because it is called Cotton Candy.) I really like this with milk or almond milk.

Flavors: Candy, Cotton Candy, Rooibos, Sugarcane, Vanilla

1 tsp 10 OZ / 300 ML

This tea is surprisingly good! Not overly sweet, but still has a really “authentic” cotton candy flavor.

Flavors: Candy, Cotton Candy, Sugar

So. At the tea festival, I bought three clear glass travel containers: two with glass interior and plastic exterior and one with double glass. When I was living in China, I had a fantastic clear plastic one that was a daily workhorse. I haven’t been able to find one like it here, so I keep buying and hoping.

My intention was to use them for continuous in-jar steepings and cold steeps, the latter being a novelty for me.

This tea was not a hit for me hot, so it seemed like a good candidate for cold experimentation. And it was. Score!

I used about one and a half or two spoons per 14 oz approximately and left it near a frosty window overnight.

It tastes good. Very close to candy floss, with all the imitation flavours that one can expect from that as well.

And now this tea is gone. I won’t be repurchasing it.

Flavors: Candy, Cotton Candy

2 tsp 14 OZ / 414 ML

three! haha go you!

tigress_al

Which teas are best for continuous steeping? Top 5?

Evol Ving Ness

Generally, based on my experience in China, I find oolongs and some greens are good because multiple steeps which you can top up throughout the day . Silver needle is usually good. White bases usually go bitter, but it depends on the tea. Anything finicky that needs exact timing would not be a good bet. As for flavoured, I have no idea—discovering this just now.

Evol Ving Ness

Sorry I can’t be more specific yet. However, I will be posting my findings as I find them. :)

I’m not normally the biggest Rooibos fan; typically I prefer something black, but every now and then, I find a tea that I just can’t resist taking a chance on bringing home with me. This is one of them.

Unfortunately, it sat at the back of my tea cupboard unloved for a long time after that, but today it saw the light of day once more, and I think that perhaps because I wasn’t expecting anything earth-shattering this time, I was able to enjoy it just a little more.

The overall flavour of this tea, I would say, isn’t necessarily of cotton candy – but the aroma certainly is. The tea itself is a little bit subtler, though it is certainly still sweet. Still, I actually enjoy the sweetness. I typically dislike the taste of sugar in my teas, or even honey, though I do enjoy dessert teas on the whole. Something about the colourful little gems of brittle (which are gorgeous to look and delicious to simply pick out nibble naughtily) doesn’t translate to the sharp twang of sugar in your tea. This, I can deal with.

Maybe not a whole pot of it, but in small doses, certainly. Which is good, because the original packaging, with its adorable carnival-themed boxes, enticed me to buy two packs!

Flavors: Sweet

5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I love this tea iced and often describe it as having the flavor of cotton candy without the cloying sweetness. . .which is ironic since cotton candy is spun sugar. The loose leaf tea is so colorful, and the finished product is refreshing. It doesn’t taste how it smells, however, as the grassiness of the roobios doesn’t come through when steeped. A great summer tea.

Flavors: Cotton Candy, Sweet

Smells like cotton candy and I love that but it’s not for me. Which was surprising because I love rooibos…maybe it was just too sweet? I don’t add any sweeteners to any of my teas. I Tried it hot and iced.

Flavors: Sweet

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 4 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

This is another tea that I don’t really like but seems to get gret review, so maybe my tastebuds are really weird.. I do not like this one really, to me it smells like … mildew? I don’t know, like sickly-sweet weird thing, and I’m a lover of everything sweet, just not this one. I was really looking forward to it but this was not for me!

Favorite rooibos from DavidsTea

I liked this one. I bought it last summer and still have a little of it left. It is really good iced and tastes sweet and…like cotton candy. A sweet treat. would be great as an iced latté.

Flavors: Cotton Candy, Sugar

For people who love sweet teas such as myself this is the tea for you! Cant get enough of this stuff and it makes an amazing tea pop. Highly recommend it!