Cotton Candy

Brittle, Green Rooibos, Mango, Sprinkles
Sugar, Candy, Cotton Candy, Sweet, Rooibos
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “Honestly, I was a little disappointed with this tea. It smelt A-M-A-Z-I-N-G I even tried the sugary candy before steeping the rest of my tea and it was delicious (obviously it's straight sugar!)...” Read full tasting note
    reboli 13 tasting notes
  • “It was good in the store, and then it was ridiculously sweet and concentrated at home. And I only used one spoon of tea (not 2, like David's recommends) with almost double the water. Not sure if I...” Read full tasting note
    petitedancer11 50 tasting notes
  • “This is odd. I love carnival/circus themes, so I had to try this, but as I have mentioned before, I am distrustful of tea with sprinkles and candy. I didn't add any sugar, but this tea has a...” Read full tasting note
    Dustin2Dust 433 tasting notes
  • “I love this tea, and I love real cotton candy. I received this as an "we're sorry" gift from the company because I had originally purchased Birthday Cake and the tin it was in rusted shut after...” Read full tasting note
    lindsayb612 43 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Some people call it fairy floss. Others go for spun sugar. We like the classic “cotton candy.” But whatever you want to call it, we can all agree on one thing: it’s seriously delicious and ridiculously fun. And this tea was developed with our favourite carnival treat in mind. It combines nut brittle, candied mango and cotton candy sprinkles with a smooth, sweet base of red rooibos. The result? All the fun and flavour of the real thing, at next to no calories. It’s a carnival in a cup.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Honestly, I was a little disappointed with this tea. It smelt A-M-A-Z-I-N-G I even tried the sugary candy before steeping the rest of my tea and it was delicious (obviously it’s straight sugar!) but I found it very bland and not tasty at all. It tasted like someone put water in a cup with a TINY bit of sugar to sweeten the water. I am always very good with timing my teas – I always put the timer on on my oven to make sure it’s steeped for the appropriate time and it still was tasteless.

Flavors: Sugar

It was good in the store, and then it was ridiculously sweet and concentrated at home. And I only used one spoon of tea (not 2, like David’s recommends) with almost double the water. Not sure if I wasn’t paying attention in the store, but don’t buy this. Very glad I got this as a free bag and didn’t waste money on it.

Flavors: Candy, Cotton Candy

Iced 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 14 OZ / 400 ML

This is odd. I love carnival/circus themes, so I had to try this, but as I have mentioned before, I am distrustful of tea with sprinkles and candy. I didn’t add any sugar, but this tea has a sweetness of it’s own. I don’t get much on the sip, a little tart on the sides of my tongue, but the back part of the sip starts to taste like cotton candy as does the aftertaste. Afterwards I get that dry mouth rooibos thing happening and then a little sour taste. Not a horrible drink, but not amazing either. Glad I got to try some!

darby

I had this made in store for me, she added a bit of agave and it’s awesome!!! No Rooibos flavor.

Dustin

Hmmmm, I may try adding a sweetener next time and see how I like it. It was a little sweet on it’s own, so I hadn’t thought of adding more. Did you have it hot or cold?

I love this tea, and I love real cotton candy. I received this as an “we’re sorry” gift from the company because I had originally purchased Birthday Cake and the tin it was in rusted shut after just two weeks and it spilled all over the floor when I finally pried it open. I asked since they were the same price if they could ship me 4 oz of the CC instead of BC and lo and behold it arrived. I was squealing like a preschool girl.
The flavor is so light and sweet, I was so happy that it didn’t fast like they just dumped a box of sugar in with the tea leaves. I’m going to stock up on more before it’s out :)

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

You wouldn’t think that sweetening an already sweet tea would be a good idea, but man, that agave works wonders for this tea! I had a glass iced, and it went really well with my polvoron cookies (Filipino cookies, kind of like buttery shortbread). Yum!!

I had this tea a couple of weeks ago while on vacation and am just having a chance to review it now. I really enjoyed the tea and plan to pick up a tin on my next visit. The smell is very light, sweet and reminiscent of cotton candy. Even though I am not a big fan of the real thing, I really enjoyed this tea. I found that this tea is less sweet and a bit milder than the real thing but in a more enjoyable and palatable way.

This tea is a hugely pleasant surprise – I did not expect it to actually taste so accurate to its name! Somehow the sweetness is not overpowering but it is very flavourful and true to its name – and it smells AMAZING! Even my mother (not a huge tea fan) liked it! I had to stock up on this one! :D

Flavors: Cotton Candy, Sweet

This was a post-dessert tea last night and I’m really regretting my choice there. It’s so yummy and sweet that I didn’t need dessert! Curse you, Ben and Jerry’s ice cream! Curse you!

This is a lovely tea, one that lives up to its name. Hot it’s identical to cotton candy and doesn’t make your hands sticky! As it cools, it loses that cotton candy flavor and transforms into a sweet tea that’s easy to drink.

I’m going to need a lot of this one…

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Thanks Ost!
I have to say, I was highly skeptical about this one. What makes cotton candy tea different from sugar water? Isn’t cotton candy just spun sugar?

I cold brewed this and took it to the gym with me this morning. And I must say, it really does remind me of cotton candy. I haven’t had cotton candy in years, but something about this really does scream cotton candy, and not just sugar water. There’s something more to this, and I was really surprised! Definitely want to look into purchasing some of this!

Iced 2 tsp 20 OZ / 591 ML

I’m not a huge fan of rooibos tea but this is an exception. The scent of the tea smells exactly like carnival cotton candy and the taste is pretty spot on as well. I’ve had it hot and cold – good either way. I would like to try this as a latté, I feel like that might be where it tastes its best.

Flavors: Cotton Candy