Cotton Candy

Rooibos Tea
Brittle, Green Rooibos, Mango, Sprinkles
Cotton Candy, Rooibos, Sugar, Sweet, Vanilla, Burnt Sugar, Creamy, Wood, Candy, Tropical
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

Some people call it fairy floss. Others go for spun sugar. We like the classic “cotton candy.” But whatever you want to call it, we can all agree on one thing: it’s seriously delicious and ridiculously fun. And this tea was developed with our favourite carnival treat in mind. It combines nut brittle, candied mango and cotton candy sprinkles with a smooth, sweet base of red rooibos. The result? All the fun and flavour of the real thing, at next to no calories. It’s a carnival in a cup.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This tea is amazing! I was a little sceptical because nailing a tea that tastes like something so sugary would be hard to pull off. It’s a more light tea, I’ll admit it. You have to look for a flavour. But it just has a very nice sweetness to it that’s just so yummy! So glad they brought it back! I have 250g from web specials. They should make it an all time tea, c’mon! Everyone likes it.

Flavors: Cotton Candy, Rooibos, Sugar, Sweet

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Amazing as an iced latte. Really tastes like what is says as well. Sugary, but not overwhelming. One of my favorite teas!

Flavors: Cotton Candy, Sweet, Vanilla

Uhhh. So much sugar it goes foggy. It kinda freaked me out. Drank hot and I had to dump it out – the colour is really not appealing and the taste isn’t much better. Iced was better but still – way too much sugar (obviously. I’m not sure what I was expecting). Staying away from this one in the future!

Drank it iced, very sugary but seems to have to steep for a long while before any other flavours come in to play. What I do taste is no surprise, a very familiar fake cotton candy taste like a cotton candy flavoured rock candy. Props to David’s tea for not making it a very fake looking pink colour but instead a brown, although it’s kind of weird telling people it’s cotton candy tea.

Flavors: Cotton Candy, Sugar

Iced 8 min or more 8 tsp

Haters can hate, but I love this tea. It is sweet and light, and just reminds me of being at a summer carnival. I am so glad it is back this summer because I definitely need to load up on it. I love it iced. I’ve never had it hot, so I definitely will have to try that.

Meh. Just sugary water. Can’t even taste the rooibos.

Although I had high hopes, I really didn’t love this tea. Let me preface this review with an anecdote: I was in 2nd grade in elementary school. The girl sitting next to me pulls out a bag of scented pencils! All the kids took turns passing them around and sniffing each one. I happily grabbed a pretty periwinkle pencil, pulled it to my nose and took a big wiff – mmm, cotton candy! …Flash forward over a decade, as I brought a cup of tea to my lips and took a sip and it tasted, well, like a cotton candy scented pencil.

Extremely sweet and – dare I say – artificial tasting? It was definitely better iced than hot, but still, would not drink again.

Flavors: Burnt Sugar, Cotton Candy

Finally! a decent cup. thanks again Ost for sending this my way. hopefully my David’s tea order will arrive at the correct address soon so I can return the swap!

i had this while taking a nice, hot bubbly bath tonight. ahhh, a cup of candy and a bath bomb, just what the doctor ordered!

The rooibos isn’t as rooibos-y in this tea as some other dessert herbals I have had. i do get some of that honey/woodsy wierdness that comes from those little red sticks, but it was a quick, painless topnote. what i do get is sweet, sweet candy. there is a slight fruitness that reminds me of fruity pebbles, and a touch of cream notes in the body that makes me forget what cotton candy is supposed to taste like. but it is a fun cup of simple sweetness. nothing i would ever purchase for myself, but a good tea to mark off the ‘tea bucketlist.’

Flavors: Cotton Candy, Creamy

Roswell Strange

I wonder if this one was less rooibos-y to you because of the green rooibos mixed in it?

TheLastDodo

Maybe? I think I liked it because it was as tooth-achingly sweet, like eating an entire jar of frosting…

Tealover

The flavour sounds very interesting – I would love to try it.

Yum yum yum!! I had this one as a latte last night. SO SO Good! I have to get more! But I’m going to wait to get it until… I start my job working there!!!!
I’m on mat leave and I decided to apply for the job anyways. Well I got a call for a group interview and when I heard that 170 people applied, then I really didn’t think I would get it. Well, I got the email and they want to hire me! I’m going to ask them for only a few shifts a week so hopefully it doesn’t interfere with my mat leave money too much. Not too sure how that works… Gotta call someone tomorrow.

Anyways, I am super excited to start there and I know I’m going to love the discount! I can’t wait for the store to open :)

Cavocorax

Oooh – that’s exciting! I’ve been looking to get a job there too, but it’s so competitive. :O hope you enjoy it!

TheKesser

Thanks! I hope so too! I’m so surprised I even got it. I’m really not the type that usually stands out and somehow I did this time in a good way :)

scribbles

Congrats! :)

Kristal

Congrats!

Another sipdown.

This smells amazing. It’s all sticky, sweet, caramelized sugar smells. The whole room smells like a carnival booth.

Sticking my nose in the cup, the smell mellows out and there’s a bit of woody rooibos.

This has a mild and sweet cotton candy flavour. Pleasant and accurate but not something I’d need around.

Flavors: Burnt Sugar, Cotton Candy, Sweet, Wood

Plunkybug

I really wanted to like this one.

EmilyGee

This one is really nice iced, if you haven’t had it that way yet!