Cotton Candy

Brittle, Green Rooibos, Mango, Sprinkles
Burnt Sugar, Cotton Candy, Sweet, Wood, Candy, Sugar, Tropical, Rooibos
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “Sweet and yummy! Those are the first words that I think of when it comes to this tea. It’s definitely a sweet tea. And as someone that just tried the actual cotton candy for the first time...” Read full tasting note
    TheKesser 365 tasting notes
  • “Another sipdown. This smells amazing. It's all sticky, sweet, caramelized sugar smells. The whole room smells like a carnival booth. Sticking my nose in the cup, the smell mellows out and...” Read full tasting note
    Anlina 724 tasting notes
  • “Inspired by David’s Tea Perfect Match tea blends, I have started my own. My first mix was Cotton Candy with Big Apple. I brewed it as a white tea and recommend not a long steeping time. It...” Read full tasting note
    Isserly 32 tasting notes
  • “I tried this first as an iced tea in store and I think I prefer it that was although it is nice hot. Sweet enough that I don't have to sweeten it myself, which is nice and good in a hurry.” Read full tasting note
    Emahleigh93 44 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Some people call it fairy floss. Others go for spun sugar. We like the classic “cotton candy.” But whatever you want to call it, we can all agree on one thing: it’s seriously delicious and ridiculously fun. And this tea was developed with our favourite carnival treat in mind. It combines nut brittle, candied mango and cotton candy sprinkles with a smooth, sweet base of red rooibos. The result? All the fun and flavour of the real thing, at next to no calories. It’s a carnival in a cup.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

It’s definitely a sweet tea. And as someone that just tried the actual cotton candy for the first time last year, I’m finding this one is similar to the actual treat. It’s not as sweet obviously, but it’s still a good sweet tea. I might actually cut this one with just plain rooibos to make it less sweet. Either way, it’ll be a good dessert tea that will curb the sweet cravings I have been having since the baby was born.

Another sipdown.

This smells amazing. It’s all sticky, sweet, caramelized sugar smells. The whole room smells like a carnival booth.

Sticking my nose in the cup, the smell mellows out and there’s a bit of woody rooibos.

This has a mild and sweet cotton candy flavour. Pleasant and accurate but not something I’d need around.

Flavors: Burnt Sugar, Cotton Candy, Sweet, Wood

Amariel

I really wanted to like this one.

EmilyGee

This one is really nice iced, if you haven’t had it that way yet!

I brewed it as a white tea and recommend not a long steeping time. It tasted most pleasant this way. I would definitely try this blend again.

This is a tisane for the definite sweeter taste bud carrying person.

Books recommended for this tea are: The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot, In Her Shoes by Jennifer Weiner, and Perfect Reader by Maggie Pouncey

I tried this first as an iced tea in store and I think I prefer it that was although it is nice hot. Sweet enough that I don’t have to sweeten it myself, which is nice and good in a hurry.

So, I’m not sure why I thought I would enjoy it, because cotton candy without the sugar is literally just sugar and food coloring… This is too sweet for me, and I can’t really get past that to appreciate anything about the taste. Maybe it would have been better iced? Oh well, it was a sample, so it’s all gone now… (sipdown! 97)

Another backlog! I don’t entirely recall what I thought of this tea, but I remember the aroma being quite sweet and sugary, and the taste considerably less so, and unfortunately a bit heavy on the rooibos. I believe I should have one serving left to write a more detailed note about it probably 3 years in the future. Heh.

darby

If you have agave it works really well with that

numbrsix

If you have any of the Cotton Candy left, I’d love to buy/swap with you – I’m trying to find some for a friend as an XMas gift. :)

Kittenna

Unfortunately I only picked up about 10g, and if I have any left, it’s a single serving that I’m planning to drink. Sorry :( I just checked the DT website, and it looks like they must be out of it – last I noticed, they had 250g bags for sale at a discount, but it seems to be no longer.

numbrsix

No worries! Thanks for your helpful response. I’ll just cross my fingers it pops up somewhere before the holidays. :)

Kittenna

Did you try posting on the DT Facebook page? Sometimes people on there are willing to sell/do swaps.

numbrsix

Hi! That’s a great idea – but it appears that my friend has “liked” their Facebook page, so I’m nervous she’ll see my posts and discover that I’m trying to find this tea for her! Oh well, I’ll keep searching! :)

What?!?!? My dearest Ost….how is it that you somehow were able to send me so many samples that genuinely surprised me? I did not at all expect to like this. But lo and behold…I did! Now, I will definitely do things a tad differently next time I have this, but I actually liked so much more than I thought I would. I will put less tea with more water next time to combat the slightly overwhelming sweetness I got on the first steep. The second steep was amazing. Like…I really didn’t want it to end. It was so relaxing.

And seriously…I don’t like cotton candy. At all.

But this was so good!

Flavors: Cotton Candy, Sweet

Ost

Glad you liked it!!

I’m a big fan of sweet teas so I’m a big fan of this one! Definitely wouldn’t want it all the time, but it’s great when you have a big of a sweet tooth.

Flavors: Candy, Sweet

8 min or more 1 tsp 4 OZ / 118 ML
numbrsix

Do you happen to have any of the Cotton Candy left that you might want to sell/trade? I’m searching for some for a friend’s Xmas present. Thanks! :)

I wasn’t very impressed with this tea. I found it sickeningly sweet, and I love sweet so that says something. However it really does taste like cotton candy, so if you love drinking what taste like a bowl of sugar, this might be for you.

3 min, 30 sec 1 tsp

Denise Gow-Morse

I do actually, but only 26g, I had bought a small bag.

numbrsix

26g would be amazing! I just want to give her some as a present, since she loves it and it’s so hard to find this time of year. I’d be happy to pay you whatever you want, trade David’s Tea that’s available, or both!

numbrsix

I literally just squealed with excitement that I might be able to make this gift happen!

Denise Gow-Morse

I’m glad :D I only want like $5 for it. My only question is how do I get it to you? I assume you don’t live in Halifax (but perhaps you can search by here by location, I’m newish to this, lol) I could mail it? If mailing is an option I could set up something on etsy to transfer the money.

numbrsix

Hi! I’m located in the US! I would be happy to pay for it via Etsy (and to pay for shipping costs). Thank you – and I owe you any tea you desire in the future! You’ll make my friend so happy.

Denise Gow-Morse

All ready :) Ill send it out with the next mail after you buy it. Sorry its $5 for shipping, stupid Canada post…

numbrsix

I placed the order! Thank you so much and please let me know if you need any other info! :)

numbrsix

Thank you so much! Yes, that is the correct address (but would you mind deleting the comment so it’s not posted publicly? Thanks so much). My friend is going to be very happy.

Denise Gow-Morse

Sorry, lol, not sure why I didn’t think about that :P My bad, it’s deleted now. :)

numbrsix

Haha no worries! Thanks again for helping me track down this tea – you’re going to make my gifting skills look awesome. :)

This morning’s cold brew. I actually don’t mind this one. It’s sweet but not uncontrollably so when prepared this way. Now that I think of it, this tastes like the candy shells of Smarties (the Canadian ones!).

Cameron B.

Are they basically the same thing as M&M’s?

Anlina

They’re very similar in that they’re milk chocolate covered with a candy shell, but they have a distinctly different flavour than M&Ms, and the slightly different shape and ratio of candy shell to chocolate gives them a different texture to.

VariaTEA

They are similar but I think the smartie shell is harder (not that that information is relevant in regards to this tasting note)

Fjellrev

Basically. The chocolate tastes a little different, and they have a thicker candy shell. Most people tend to prefer Smarties, especially for the chocolate-to-shell ratio. :)

OMGsrsly

Smarties contain wheat flour. :(

numbrsix

Do you have any extra Cotton Candy you would want to sell or trade? I’m on a hunt for a friend’s XMas present.

Fjellrev

I’m so sorry! I actually have one serving left and just happened to put it into the fridge this morning to cold steep. Hope you’ll be able to find some for your friend.

numbrsix

Aww, no worries! Thanks for your kind response! I’ll keep hunting.