Cotton Candy

Brittle, Green Rooibos, Mango, Sprinkles
Cotton Candy, Sweet, Candy, Sugar, Rooibos
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “This is odd. I love carnival/circus themes, so I had to try this, but as I have mentioned before, I am distrustful of tea with sprinkles and candy. I didn't add any sugar, but this tea has a...” Read full tasting note
    Dustin2Dust 409 tasting notes
  • “I love this tea, and I love real cotton candy. I received this as an "we're sorry" gift from the company because I had originally purchased Birthday Cake and the tin it was in rusted shut after...” Read full tasting note
    lindsayb612 43 tasting notes
  • “I got to try this one in store yesterday, and it was kinda good, so I picked some up. They brewed it iced, and it almost had a cream soda taste to it. I'm enjoying a large mason jar of it iced...” Read full tasting note
    Tealizzy 479 tasting notes
  • “I had this tea a couple of weeks ago while on vacation and am just having a chance to review it now. I really enjoyed the tea and plan to pick up a tin on my next visit. The smell is very light,...” Read full tasting note
    MooKiwi 144 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Some people call it fairy floss. Others go for spun sugar. We like the classic “cotton candy.” But whatever you want to call it, we can all agree on one thing: it’s seriously delicious and ridiculously fun. And this tea was developed with our favourite carnival treat in mind. It combines nut brittle, candied mango and cotton candy sprinkles with a smooth, sweet base of red rooibos. The result? All the fun and flavour of the real thing, at next to no calories. It’s a carnival in a cup.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This is odd. I love carnival/circus themes, so I had to try this, but as I have mentioned before, I am distrustful of tea with sprinkles and candy. I didn’t add any sugar, but this tea has a sweetness of it’s own. I don’t get much on the sip, a little tart on the sides of my tongue, but the back part of the sip starts to taste like cotton candy as does the aftertaste. Afterwards I get that dry mouth rooibos thing happening and then a little sour taste. Not a horrible drink, but not amazing either. Glad I got to try some!

I love this tea, and I love real cotton candy. I received this as an “we’re sorry” gift from the company because I had originally purchased Birthday Cake and the tin it was in rusted shut after just two weeks and it spilled all over the floor when I finally pried it open. I asked since they were the same price if they could ship me 4 oz of the CC instead of BC and lo and behold it arrived. I was squealing like a preschool girl.
The flavor is so light and sweet, I was so happy that it didn’t fast like they just dumped a box of sugar in with the tea leaves. I’m going to stock up on more before it’s out :)

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I got to try this one in store yesterday, and it was kinda good, so I picked some up. They brewed it iced, and it almost had a cream soda taste to it. I’m enjoying a large mason jar of it iced right now, and it’s a little too light on flavor. Maybe I need to add more leaf next time. I think it does taste like cotton candy, although it’s been like forever since I’ve had any real cotton candy, and it also has a creamy element that reminds me of cream soda. As brewed, it’s not anything I would fall in love with, but it’s not bad. Caramel corn is way better! Next time, more leaf.

I had this tea a couple of weeks ago while on vacation and am just having a chance to review it now. I really enjoyed the tea and plan to pick up a tin on my next visit. The smell is very light, sweet and reminiscent of cotton candy. Even though I am not a big fan of the real thing, I really enjoyed this tea. I found that this tea is less sweet and a bit milder than the real thing but in a more enjoyable and palatable way.

This tea is a hugely pleasant surprise – I did not expect it to actually taste so accurate to its name! Somehow the sweetness is not overpowering but it is very flavourful and true to its name – and it smells AMAZING! Even my mother (not a huge tea fan) liked it! I had to stock up on this one! :D

Flavors: Cotton Candy, Sweet

This was a post-dessert tea last night and I’m really regretting my choice there. It’s so yummy and sweet that I didn’t need dessert! Curse you, Ben and Jerry’s ice cream! Curse you!

This is a lovely tea, one that lives up to its name. Hot it’s identical to cotton candy and doesn’t make your hands sticky! As it cools, it loses that cotton candy flavor and transforms into a sweet tea that’s easy to drink.

I’m going to need a lot of this one…

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Thanks Ost!
I have to say, I was highly skeptical about this one. What makes cotton candy tea different from sugar water? Isn’t cotton candy just spun sugar?

I cold brewed this and took it to the gym with me this morning. And I must say, it really does remind me of cotton candy. I haven’t had cotton candy in years, but something about this really does scream cotton candy, and not just sugar water. There’s something more to this, and I was really surprised! Definitely want to look into purchasing some of this!

Iced 2 tsp 20 OZ / 591 ML

I’m not a huge fan of rooibos tea but this is an exception. The scent of the tea smells exactly like carnival cotton candy and the taste is pretty spot on as well. I’ve had it hot and cold – good either way. I would like to try this as a latté, I feel like that might be where it tastes its best.

Flavors: Cotton Candy

Let me start this review by stating that I did not buy this tea. After a bit of a mix up with my order, DavidsTEA very kindly sent it to me as a “surprise” gift. Having said that, this is not a tea that I would have purchased myself. I like my tea straight, occasionally flavored, with no milk, sugar, or honey added. I also do not enjoy rooibos, so this tea had a lot working against it from the very beginning. Still, I decided to give it a shot and see if maybe my mind could be changed. To call David’s Cotton Candy sweet would be a colossal understatement. The flavor reminded me of those hard little marshmallows I used to paw out of my Lucky Charms cereal and eat by the handful as a kid. In that respect, it was good for a little nostalgia, but definitely not to my adult taste. Still, I appreciate that the company went out of its way to make things right. As for this tea, I gave it to my sister for use in future lip scrubs.

Flavors: Cotton Candy, Sweet

variaTEA dropped this off and i knew i had to try this one and the others sooner, rather than later, in case i fall in love with any of them and decide that i NEED ONE over the summer. THis? This is liquid sugar and absolutely NOTHING that i need in my cupboard, but i will give it to david’s that if you like a cup full of sugar, this will fit the bill lol. I give it total props for being just like cotton candy, but some things…weren’t meant to be a tea flavour. :)

Dexter