Cherry Snowcone

Herbal Tea
Acerola Cherry, Apple, Currants, Elderberry, Hibiscus, Rose Hips, Sour Cherry, Sugar Crystals
Candy, Cherry, Sour, Sweet, Tart, Fruity
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

When summer really turns up the heat, there’s one cool treat we turn to. A bright red, tangy-sweet cherry snowcone. There’s just no better way to beat the heat. And this tart and fruity cherry-packed blend is our take on the summer classic. Try brewing it extra-strong, sweetening with agave and pouring it over cracked ice for the ultimate refreshing summer treat. A little splash of white rum certainly wouldn’t hurt either.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

When this collection came out I wasn’t even remotely interested in trying this one, but a few favourable tasting notes and it being cleared out convinced me to give it a try, and I actually quite like it.

They really nailed the flavour inspiration with this one. It has that tart, cherry candy flavour of a snowcone (and no overwhelming hibiscus!) Straight it was missing a tiny bit of sweetness, though half a teaspoon of sugar in my cup was overpowering. Just a pinch I think would have done it nicely.

I don’t think this is a flavour I’d be in the mood for often, but for what it is, it’s good.

Flavors: Candy, Cherry, Sour, Sweet, Tart

205 °F / 96 °C 1 tsp 7 OZ / 207 ML

I picked this up in the sale. No, I didn’t get 4/$10, although it was tempting to stock up on Root Beer Float. I ended up deciding I didn’t love the tea enough, what with all the tea I already have! Restraint, I sometimes has it.

Anyways, I got this because I hadn’t tried it and Sil was singing its praises. I’m having it hot right now, and will cold brew the last of it later this week once I have room in my tiny fridge.

It’s tart-sweet, with vanilla and fake cherry-almond flavour. I am seriously impressed, this is really spot on. I think I’d like it hot better with some honey, and I think the cold brew will turn out really well too.

I’m glad I picked this up!

OMGsrsly

Yeah, it’s better hot with some honey. Thickens it up a bit.

hahaha glad you liked it…since i seemed to be the only one who liked it… i have 50g + a box of this one and a box + 25g of the rootbeer float lol

OMGsrsly

:) I like the cherry-vanilla-almond-ness of it. Makes me wish my mom would do a gluten free pie crust so I could FINALLY have a piece of her (evil and tempting) cherry pie.

mmmmmmmmm

I was in the mood for something fruit-heavy tonight, so I decided to go ahead and finish off my last sample from David’s. The sour, tart sort of smell of the sour cherries was what hit me on opening the package. Used the whole package, brewed it for five minutes hot, added a little honey.

It’s tart and refreshing, but I just can’t get past the taste of the cherries. A confession: with the sole exception of rainier cherries, I cannot staaaaand cherries at all. Something about the flavor just really does not play nice with my taste buds, and I will take basically any fruit flavor over it. Why drink a blend called Cherry Snowcone at all then, you ask? Because the tea was free and I live in the hope that I’ll be pleasantly surprised. As it is, this has enough besides the cherries going on in its taste that I’m not going to throw the rest of the cup down the drain; but definitely, definitely won’t be ordering more in the short time David’s summer collection has left on the shelves.

In conclusion, about as expected; not my thing, but I’m not the intended audience. Not going to put a number rating on this one because I don’t feel like that would be fair when I’m already biased against it.

Made iced tea with this one. Nice cherry flavor when slightly sweetened (with splenda), but not my favorite.

Had this at the retail store near my workplace. Iced with nothing added. Nice cherry flavor, a tiny bit of tartness that added a refreshing note, definitely brought back memories of Fla-Vor-Ice cherry. A grown-up way to enjoy the flavor of childhood summertime! Too bad it’s a limited edition.

Flavors: Cherry, Fruity, Tart

This tea smells awesome dry and true to it’s name when brewed . I brewed this tea and then iced it and the taste was very cherry but not to tart I added a touch of Agave nectar and some thin lemon slices wonderful on a warm summer day! The color was that of Bing Cherry and I would float some frozen blueberries in it as well!

Flavors: Cherry

4 tsp 18 OZ / 532 ML

I love the smell of this dry, it’s so creamy and fruity. After I’d opened it yesterday, I kept going back to sniff it because it is just delicious. Steeped, it loses the creaminess but is true to its name. I associate snowcones with an almost-watery fruit flavor and this is very reminiscent of a cherry snowcone.

Again, not one I’d feel the need to restock once I use up my sampler, but well done on matching the tea to the intended flavor.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

(164) I couldn’t remember drinking this one before, so I cold-steeped it for the evening. And I like it. It’s cherry – very tart and not too sweet – yet somehow it does convey the cherry snowcone thing that it was going for. I think it’s because they totally NAILED the cherry.

I’m happy I tried it, but I’m not convinced I want more. Maybe if it’s on sale at the end of the season?

Tealizzy

I was stalking DavidsTea’s Facebook page the other day and I think the Fall teas arrive August 26th, which means they’ll phase the summer teas out….just FYI. ;)

Cavocorax

Oh, that’s awesome news! I have 100g in Free Tea,, so it’d be great if I could use the on the new teas before my points expire!

Tealizzy

Wow! 100g! That’s awesome!

Cavocorax

I ended up buying a lot of teaware and gifts, so that was pretty awesome.

Too tart for my liking- I found the hibiscus to be overpowering.

Boiling 5 min, 15 sec 4 tsp 13 OZ / 375 ML