Cherry Snowcone

Herbal Tea
Acerola Cherry, Apple, Currants, Elderberry, Hibiscus, Rose Hips, Sour Cherry, Sugar Crystals
Cherry, Hibiscus, Sour, Candy, Sweet, Tart, Fruity
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

Carnival Collection

When summer really turns up the heat, there’s one cool treat we turn to. A bright red, tangy-sweet cherry snowcone. There’s just no better way to beat the heat. And this tart and fruity cherry-packed blend is our take on the summer classic. Try brewing it extra-strong, sweetening with agave and pouring it over cracked ice for the ultimate refreshing summer treat. A little splash of white rum certainly wouldn’t hurt either.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I didn’t love this one, although I did get the sour cherry taste, the sourness was a bit too much for me. There are just too many better teas out there for me to want to try this one again.

Flavors: Cherry, Hibiscus, Sour

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Haven’t seen any of your reviews for a bit. Welcome back!

Thanks @Kristal yeah…I tend to be a bit sporadic with my postings wish I had more time to spend on Steepster

Hi! :) I preferred this one cold brewed rather than hot.

Curious if your mention of “too many better teas” were to teas in the same taste profile? And could you be specific? Always interested in good recommendations and these flavor combinations sounded appealing.

This one was a fun one. Great cherry flavour, slightly tart, great smell. I liked it! I will not run to the store to purchase is but it’s a good one nontheless.

I purchased this tea last year against my better judgment. I’m a sucker for hibiscus, but I don’t usually care for the taste of cherries (in teas) when they’re not combined with another flavor to offset the strong/overwhelming taste. The only way I can drink this tea is iced and when it’s combined with another tea to offset the hyper-tart, acidic, strong flavor of cherries. I’ve steeped it with Lime Gelato a few times, and its yogurt bits and light, but present, lime flavor, seems to be a good choice to mellow out the overwhelming cherry-ness of this tea. I’d say if you appreciate the tartness of hibiscus AND the tartness of cherries, then this tea might be right up your alley. I’m happy that I only have a few grams left of this 25-gram bag to finish off.

Dug the rest of this out of my cupboard and found that I had just enough to make a pitcher of iced tea. It’s not too bad – certainly better than this year’s Black Cherry (ew) but it’s still too much tart hibiscus and too little actual cherry flavour to be all that good. Sigh, my quest for a good cherry iced tea continues.

Iced 6 min, 0 sec

I wasn’t a fan of this one either.

I used this one to make sweet tea and it turned out wonderfully. Much prefered it this way as opposed to when it’s hot.

185 °F / 85 °C 8 min or more 4 tsp 34 OZ / 1000 ML

Not bad hot, but definitely prefer this one iced! Strong cherry flavour.

This tea is awful, the flavours are an offensive type of sour and the acid content is through the roof. It does not provide any counterbalance to the taste of cheap sour cherries

When this collection came out I wasn’t even remotely interested in trying this one, but a few favourable tasting notes and it being cleared out convinced me to give it a try, and I actually quite like it.

They really nailed the flavour inspiration with this one. It has that tart, cherry candy flavour of a snowcone (and no overwhelming hibiscus!) Straight it was missing a tiny bit of sweetness, though half a teaspoon of sugar in my cup was overpowering. Just a pinch I think would have done it nicely.

I don’t think this is a flavour I’d be in the mood for often, but for what it is, it’s good.

Flavors: Candy, Cherry, Sour, Sweet, Tart

205 °F / 96 °C 1 tsp 7 OZ / 207 ML

2011 tasting notes

I picked this up in the sale. No, I didn’t get 4/$10, although it was tempting to stock up on Root Beer Float. I ended up deciding I didn’t love the tea enough, what with all the tea I already have! Restraint, I sometimes has it.

Anyways, I got this because I hadn’t tried it and Sil was singing its praises. I’m having it hot right now, and will cold brew the last of it later this week once I have room in my tiny fridge.

It’s tart-sweet, with vanilla and fake cherry-almond flavour. I am seriously impressed, this is really spot on. I think I’d like it hot better with some honey, and I think the cold brew will turn out really well too.

I’m glad I picked this up!

Yeah, it’s better hot with some honey. Thickens it up a bit.

hahaha glad you liked it…since i seemed to be the only one who liked it… i have 50g + a box of this one and a box + 25g of the rootbeer float lol

:) I like the cherry-vanilla-almond-ness of it. Makes me wish my mom would do a gluten free pie crust so I could FINALLY have a piece of her (evil and tempting) cherry pie.