Secret Weapon

Fruit Herbal White Blend
Nuts
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From DAVIDsTEA

This blend just might give you the edge you need to stay healthy this fall. It’s a white Bai Mu Dan, so it’s naturally high in immunity-enhancing antioxidants. Plus it contains licorice and goji berries, a Chinese wonderfood reputed to have 500 times more vitamin C than oranges. The best part? The almonds and cocoa nibs. They don’t fight colds, but they make this an amazingly tasty weapon of choice.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Oh man do I love this tea! I find it needs to steep longer than instructed, but then, I like really strong tea and white’s are usually on the thin side..
ALMONDS YAY. oh man. just so good.
(i made this as a latte tonight using skim milk. YUM.)

200 °F / 93 °C

First of all, I love the scent. You can totally smell those almonds, yum. They’re the strongest flavor note as well, which is fine by me. I’m just happy the licorice root didn’t present a strong flavor, which I was worried about — NOT a fan of licorice in tea. The packaging recommends steeping for 4-5 minutes, and I’d recommend the lower end of that spectrum. I went for 5 and it’s just a touch too bitter.

This tea is litterally my diet at the moment. Upon smelling it’s content you will be tempted to eat it, but don’t. It tastes just like it smells, it’s that nice. Think ‘’white tea meets almond dessert’’.

I was surprised at how much this tea smelled like roasted almonds and only a little fruit. Also, the licorice listed on the ingredients list is completely undetectable.

I’m surprised I like this one, but it’s definitely growing on me. I didn’t steep it long enough the first time and it tasted a little watery, but the nuts were quite prominent but not overpowering as I’d expected. There was also some lovely undernotes of fruit and a clean white tea flavour. The second time was much better, a fuller taste this time, the nuts were quite prominent again, but the other flavours were nicely balanced this time and it was actually quite a good tasting tea.

I’m hoping this one continues to grow on me, but for now, I’d say that I quite like it

One of my favourite teas of all time. The taste is indescribable! Also, this tea just LOOKS awesome. There is nothing quite like the almond punch infused into this tea. I sometimes grow tired of other teas, but never of this one; I keep it as a special treat, and every time I come back to it, I remember how much I love it. I also like how it tastes exactly how it smells, so if you like the smell, you will fall under the tea’s spell as well.

Boiling 8 min or more

Trying a new blend from DavidsTea with the hope that it will help these allergies. Making this back-to-back with a pot of DavidsTea Bravissimo.

It smells more like cocoa nibs than the almonds or licorice it claims to have. Well…taking another sniff…maybe peanuts? Strange.
Fruity taste and…almonds? cocoa? It is hard to tell exactly what is going on in this tea.

Final cup tonight shared with a friend. Yum. This doesn’t make me quite as insane as ArgoTea’s snowflake white tea did but there’s still that reminder hanging around.

Nutty good warming brew.

A tea friend at work is expecting and can no longer drink this because “something in it induces labour”, she says. Maybe the licorice root, I am too lazy and too uninterested to actually search this out. It’s her body and her baby and totally her call. Because she has quite a bit left and cannot drink it she offered it to me. I took 2-cups worth of leaf and gave her back the rest because soon the baby will be here and she will no doubt regret parting with what she says is a favourite.

I can’t see why this would be anyone’s favourite though. I have never tried this before but I looked it up and saw gojiberries and orange as featured ingredients on DAVIDs site. The sample is full of almonds. Dry leaf smells like almonds, ditto for the steeped tea. But it’s weak at 1.24 tsp / 8oz, 195F for 4 min and I would have no clue there’s citrus in here were it not for the website. Not satisfying at all.

Flavors: Nuts

I’m pretty sure by now I’ve sampled all of the white teas at my DT store by now, haha. This one I liked, but wasn’t overly blown away by. I think it had to do with the hint of licorice – not one of my favourite flavours. But I do like almond, and thankfully the taste of that overrode that of the licorice.

Love the nutty taste, just a bit too nutty…