Secret Weapon

White Tea
Almonds, Blue Cornflowers, Cocoa Nibs, Goji Berries, Licorice Root, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Orange Peel, White Tea
Almond, Sweet, Nuts
Low
Kosher
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

Looking for a tea that’ll give you the edge you need to succeed? Try this delicious blend. It’s got white tea, the favourite drink of Chinese emperors, plus goji berries, a legendary superfood. Add in licorice, almonds and cocoa nibs, and you’ve got yourself a winning combination. It’s an amazingly tasty weapon of choice.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

A tea friend at work is expecting and can no longer drink this because “something in it induces labour”, she says. Maybe the licorice root, I am too lazy and too uninterested to actually search this out. It’s her body and her baby and totally her call. Because she has quite a bit left and cannot drink it she offered it to me. I took 2-cups worth of leaf and gave her back the rest because soon the baby will be here and she will no doubt regret parting with what she says is a favourite.

I can’t see why this would be anyone’s favourite though. I have never tried this before but I looked it up and saw gojiberries and orange as featured ingredients on DAVIDs site. The sample is full of almonds. Dry leaf smells like almonds, ditto for the steeped tea. But it’s weak at 1.24 tsp / 8oz, 195F for 4 min and I would have no clue there’s citrus in here were it not for the website. Not satisfying at all.

Flavors: Nuts

I’m pretty sure by now I’ve sampled all of the white teas at my DT store by now, haha. This one I liked, but wasn’t overly blown away by. I think it had to do with the hint of licorice – not one of my favourite flavours. But I do like almond, and thankfully the taste of that overrode that of the licorice.

Love the nutty taste, just a bit too nutty…

Just picked up a cup to go from David’s Tea to take back to the office, since everyone around me is sick and this says it has more anti-toxins then I know what to do with. Not bad, but not my favorite. The smell is very nutty, but still tastes quite good and mild compared to the smell, I would definitely pick this up again, but not sure I would buy a bag of it…will give it another try sometime soon.

I sipped on this for most of the morning. Very good. I unfortunately finished off the last of the small sample I had purchased, so now I just have to decide if I’m going to splurge for a tin of this one. I think I might…

I added honey to this one…and it gave it an odd flavor. I think I’ll have to re-try it with something a bit different

The list of ingredients for this tea is so confusing. I’ve never been a white tea fan (too thin) and licorice is a longstanding nemesis of mine . . . and yet! And yet. I love this tea—confusing ingredients and all. It’s smooth and mild, and there’s a really nice mouthfeel, considering the white base. Opening up the sample packet I picked up, I’m hit with nut butter. Creamy, sweet, nut butter. And that’s exactly what it tastes like, too. If there is actually licorice here, it’s remained undetectable, and I would really appreciate it if it stays that way. I also don’t get goji berry at all, but that’s okay, because this is absolutely my favourite of all the nut-teas I’ve tried. And, because of the lower caffeine content, I feel a teensy bit better about drinking it in the evenings. Score! Definitely a staple in my cupboard.

A wee sample sent by a tea-lover. Like the smell right out of the foil bag – sweet, nutty. Brewed to a pale gold. Smells really nice from my tea mug. I steeped it for quite a while to see if it would get stronger, but it’s pretty weak. Perhaps I would need to make a stronger infusion (more dry tea). Not all that great in taste. Added a teaspoon of sugar. I don’t taste the white tea at all. Nutty, so that’s good. I will try this again, but make it much stronger.

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more

This is an interesting tea. Opening the package released a really unexpected nutty smell. On tasting it, I was mostly overwhelmed by the almond flavor. There was a little hint of the white tea, and I did get some licorice at the end. It was very nice. I added some sugar and I think that made it taste a bit weird. Next time, I’ll drink it without sugar and see how that goes. It was nice, but I probably wouldn’t buy it.