Mint Matcha

Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA
170 °F / 76 °C 4 min, 45 sec 68 oz / 2011 ml

From DAVIDsTEA

This all-natural blend of stone-ground matcha and pure coconut nectar is the easiest, most convenient way to make your favourite green tea drinks. It’s already sweetened, so all you need to do is decide what you want to make. You can blend it with milk and ice for an amazing smoothie, froth it with milk for a latte, or add a spoonful to your next milkshake for a real treat. Looks like you’ve got some seriously tasty experimenting to do.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This one is minty and sweet, but not too grassy which is nice. I’ve had my small amount for quite a while so I’m trying to use it up, but I definitely don’t grab for it very often. I much prefer the vanilla and the fruity ones that they’ve had. I really hope strawberry makes a comeback because YUM!

Minty coconut… I’m not entirely sure if I like this one. Trying it cold for the first time. I’ll try it hot later at home to see if I like it more that way. Still an interesting cup of matcha.

Helena

A few sips later and I’m getting more mint out of it. Still have to think on it though.

I was a little disappointing with this Tea with my first glass. The colour and quality of it compared to other Matcha is low. However after having a couple glasses Its actually really nice with the flavoring.

I normally sift my matcha and this matcha is a little more sandy and hard then more expensive and does not separate well. It does mix and whisk nicely but is not nearly as creamy or throthy as DavidTeas Ceremonial Matcha.

Flavors: Earth, Mint

175 °F / 79 °C 8 min or more

I really liked this matcha as a shot and in my smoothie. You can definitely taste the mint but it is not overpowering. Very delicious.

I’ve been making almond milk lattes with this and they’re delicious every time! No sweetener needed because it’s lightly sweetened with coconut sugar.

Be warned though, it’s definitely not a true matcha and doesn’t have the same strong earthy taste, so I wouldn’t opt for this if I was in a true matcha mood. Still very tasty and great when you just need to relax

1 tsp 250 OZ / 7393 ML

1/3 in a Matcha Single Serves package that I bought. This is definitely not the best matcha I’ve tasted! I’ve custom ordered peppermint green tea lattes at Starbucks before, so I know that mint should be able to coexist with matcha in a single drink, but the taste of this packet is just awful. And, yes, Starbucks adds sugar to their lattes, so of course the comparison is not perfect. However, when compared to pure Japanese green tea matcha that I regularly purchase at a Japanese supermarket, this packet falls short too.

This wasn’t as tasty as I expected. Tasted kinda strange. Not terrible but not THE BEST… not sure I’d buy it again I think it would have to be a ‘craving it’ type buy. xP

I like matcha. I like mint. But when I opened the bag I thought it smelled so weird… The colour of the powder and the final drink is terrible, it’s brown (or muddy green)! I know this is meant to be a kind of way for people to begin drinking matcha but if I would have started with this, I don’t think I would have wanted to try real proper matcha! I’m glad I started with matcha matsu.

Sipdown (111)!

This is a queued tasting note.

Had this the day of Billie and Dylan’s wedding! We were all up bright and early at 6AM (after going to bed at like 2 AM) – really, we didn’t sleep. Power napped, maybe. But everyone needed to get their hair and make up done by Billie, and then of course the bride herself had to get all gorgeous. Not that she isn’t always gorgeous; she just had to be all Super Saiyan about it.

I brought this for myself for the morning because I knew everyone else would be having coffee, and I wanted something I could prepare really easily without the use of any kitchen tools I have at home. I actually hated this; I thought it tasted cheap and artificial but the caffeine was a lifesaver that early in the morning. On the other hand, all the other girls were fascinated by it and wanted to try it out. One kept leaning into the mug I had and sniffing it.

I don’t get it.

The wedding ceremony was beautiful, albeit very short. Billie and the bridal party, and Charlize the flower girl drove to the hall – which was at a small town called Hanley about half an hour outside the city, in a limo and I came up with a girl named Dallas (she was MCing the reception) to help get everything ready at the chapel. Dylan surprised me by asking me to play the wedding music on his ipad; I had to learn everything in about five minutes.

Of course I fucked it up; the music for everyone to walk in to went perfectly, but when I had to transition into Ave Maria for Billie to walk in on the ipad locked/timed out and I didn’t know the password. It was a small kerfuffle; but both Billie and Dylan were just way too happy to care. Seriously; I’m such an emotional baby. As they were signing the papers and saying their vows I was definitely choking up.

After the ceremony we drove out the hall for the reception; it went from 3PM to 1AM – that girl’s family can party. I ran the bar for a lot of the night; the family friend who was meant to do it bailed. Billie kept apologizing about having me do it; but it was an easy wedding present to give them, and since I didn’t know more than maybe eight people at the wedding I was happy to not be propelled into a situation where I had to mingle with everyone; I just got to serve everyone their drinks and meet people that way.

Dylan got so fucked up though; eventually he was looking really sick but he wouldn’t agree to stop drinking because he wanted to celebrate so badly so we took an empty bottle of vodka and filled it with water – and when he came and asked for a shot we’d pour out of the special ‘Dylan’ bottle. He was so drunk he couldn’t tell it was water. We probably made his hangover like a million times better…

And when all was said and done I went home; it was funny though – I got a call at 3AM from Dylan who was panicking; “HOW DID YOU GET HOME!? NO ONE KNOWS WHERE YOU ARE!?”. I should explain; I don’t drive – at all, and the reception was out of town (so no bussing/walking) so his concern was definitely genuine. But I just had to calm him down and be like “Dylan, it’s ok – I’m safe, and at my house. We drove home in the SAME CAR”. He was so out of it.

For clarification’s sake; it was NOT Dylan or Billie driving. Dallas, the MC, was the designated driver and took many, many people home.

I tried this tea with cold water, mixed in a bowl with a whisk. This is pre-sweetened and was plenty flavorful without sugar or milk. This was minty, creamy, and green like a sweet smoothie version of Moroccan mint tea. I’m of the opinion that green tea and mint have a long, successful relationship together and are a great iced tea choice on a hot day. I tried this tea from the sampler set from Davids Tea, and the pouches are a little problematic. The amount of tea in each pouch is meant for their 16oz matcha shaker, so there’s a little bit too much tea for mixing in a matcha bowl. I tried compensate by adding a bit more water, but then it’s harder to whisk. Of the flavored matchas I have tried so far, this was a pretty good choice and a logical flavor to combine with the grassy green matcha.

Flavors: Cream, Grass, Green, Mint, Spearmint