North African Mint (organic)

Green Tea
Black Pepper, Cardamom, Clove, Fennel, Ginger, Hojicha, Licorice Root, Peppermint
Mint, Licorice, Spices, Clove, Fennel, Ginger, Nutty, Pepper
Low
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

• “I’m glad I had a cup of this. It’s been months and I always forget how good it is but the name just never gets me excited, but then when I finally do, I really like it! Now to check if...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1766 tasting notes
  • “So I was perusing my cupboard this morning, and I’ve been feeling like sweeter teas lately but I didn’t want to use another sachet of Paris. So I decided to try to change my sweet...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 1050 tasting notes
  • “Made this one as a cold brew today. I was craving chai but I was trying to stay away from black tea today. When I had this one the first time, it really reminded me of chai, because it has chai...” Read full tasting note
    Lala1 831 tasting notes
  • “I’m finishing up my day with this one, since it tends to calm my tummy and headaches, both of which I have at the moment. I’m just not hungry today, which is weird and tells me...” Read full tasting note
    ladykittykat 1351 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

An exotic journey
Explore Northern Africa, from its souks to its deserts, with this intense combination of spices and mint. It combines organic, fairly-traded green tea and peppermint with organic cardamom, ginger, licorice root, fennel clove and black pepper. Deliciously sweet, with all the romance of the Maghreb.

Ingredients: Cardamom, peppermint, ginger, Japanese-style Hojicha green tea, licorice root, fennel, clove, black pepper.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Organic North African Mint is one of those teas that I find is best in small amounts, very small amounts. On St Patrick’s day I got a cup of it for free because I was wearing green, but it was too much for me to handle. It was intense and medicine-like. It was too over whelming for me to drink. But now, I brewed a tiny amount (3 ounces) and I’m happily drinking it!

Basically, the taste is a minty-medicinal-anise flavor with a hint of fennel. Honestly there is just too much going on in this tea for my liking. So like I said, small amounts!

This is a delightful tea. One day I was at my office and my boss just told me: there are some teas, you can prepare yourself whatever you want. I did so with this one. Is really strong and spicy and it has a soft peppermint flavor at the ending. The black pepper is strong and you can feel it as well as the cardamom. It’s slightly sweet(ened).

It is, as well, pretty good in waking you up when you’re tired/lazy/sleepy after lunch. Perfect to drink in the afternoon.

Loved this tea!

Got this in the starter kit and since I love Green tea and mint, I thought that this was going to taste great…and I’m so glad I was right!
Would definitely buy more of this tea.

P.S. This is is great for quelling menstrual cramps!

Maybe you guys could help me with this one. In 2003 i travelled through egypt and visited a town called Siwa close to the libyan border. While visiting i came down with a migraine attack. A libyan woman brought a mint tea to me. 20 minutes after drinking this tea it had gone. I forgot to ask her what mint it was nd what else was mixed if anything. Anyone know anything about mint teas in siwa?

This tea was inside the cold kit (I think that’s what it’s called). Before I steeped it I thought it smelled a bit strong on the cardamom side. I used the DAVIDsTEA thermometer to check when the water had reached exactly 85 degrees in the kettle and then I dropped in the infuser for about 5 and a half minutes. I enjoy the resulting tea more than I expected. I’ve travelled in Northern Africa and mint tea is certainly a staple of hospitality, people give it to guests all the time, so it brought back a few memories. This tea has a surprisingly mild flavor but then a cooling burst in the aftertaste, nice and refreshing.

I drink this tea purely for stomach troubles, because aside from that, I do find it hard to enjoy. It seriously works like a charm for indigestion and nausea: and my boyfriend, who hates tea, didn’t mind the taste of this one. It made him feel a lot better as well, so it’s win-win. Definitely a tea cabinet staple for me.

Flavors: Mint

1 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Wow. This one certainly is minty. Don’t think I’ve ever had anything with quite as strong a mint taste. Even the herb itself. Got it in the 24 days of tea advent calendar, but haven’t been game to go back. Might try it next time with half the amount of tea, or in a cocktail.

Steeped according to DT instructions. Will try again at some point an re-review.

I’m pretty sure this tea can cure the common cold. I absolutely love it – it’s one of my go-tos whenever I’m feeling shitty. I know I will buy this again and again – I’ll probably invest in a tin of it the next time I’m at David’s. The taste isn’t for everyone, but I just feel so much healthier after I drink it.

At first I loved the taste of the tea, but then I had the aftertaste and it was an awful sensation. The aftertaste was caused by the ginger. A good tea for when you are sick.

mint tea is definitely growing on me … will i love it one day? peppermint is still too strong but this was pretty light.