North African Mint (organic)

Green Tea
Black Pepper, Cardamom, Clove, Fennel, Ginger, Hojicha, Licorice Root, Peppermint
Licorice, Mint, Spices, Clove, Fennel, Ginger, Nutty, Pepper
Low
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

• “I'm glad I had a cup of this. It's been months and I always forget how good it is but the name just never gets me excited, but then when I finally do, I really like it! Now to check if *Sil* has...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1720 tasting notes
  • “So I was perusing my cupboard this morning, and I’ve been feeling like sweeter teas lately but I didn’t want to use another sachet of Paris. So I decided to try to change my sweet...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 1032 tasting notes
  • “Made this one as a cold brew today. I was craving chai but I was trying to stay away from black tea today. When I had this one the first time, it really reminded me of chai, because it has chai...” Read full tasting note
    Lala1 823 tasting notes
  • “I’m finishing up my day with this one, since it tends to calm my tummy and headaches, both of which I have at the moment. I’m just not hungry today, which is weird and tells me...” Read full tasting note
    ladykittykat 1351 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

An exotic journey
Explore Northern Africa, from its souks to its deserts, with this intense combination of spices and mint. It combines organic, fairly-traded green tea and peppermint with organic cardamom, ginger, licorice root, fennel clove and black pepper. Deliciously sweet, with all the romance of the Maghreb.

Ingredients: Cardamom, peppermint, ginger, Japanese-style Hojicha green tea, licorice root, fennel, clove, black pepper.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Maybe you guys could help me with this one. In 2003 i travelled through egypt and visited a town called Siwa close to the libyan border. While visiting i came down with a migraine attack. A libyan woman brought a mint tea to me. 20 minutes after drinking this tea it had gone. I forgot to ask her what mint it was nd what else was mixed if anything. Anyone know anything about mint teas in siwa?

This tea was inside the cold kit (I think that’s what it’s called). Before I steeped it I thought it smelled a bit strong on the cardamom side. I used the DAVIDsTEA thermometer to check when the water had reached exactly 85 degrees in the kettle and then I dropped in the infuser for about 5 and a half minutes. I enjoy the resulting tea more than I expected. I’ve travelled in Northern Africa and mint tea is certainly a staple of hospitality, people give it to guests all the time, so it brought back a few memories. This tea has a surprisingly mild flavor but then a cooling burst in the aftertaste, nice and refreshing.

I drink this tea purely for stomach troubles, because aside from that, I do find it hard to enjoy. It seriously works like a charm for indigestion and nausea: and my boyfriend, who hates tea, didn’t mind the taste of this one. It made him feel a lot better as well, so it’s win-win. Definitely a tea cabinet staple for me.

Flavors: Mint

1 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Wow. This one certainly is minty. Don’t think I’ve ever had anything with quite as strong a mint taste. Even the herb itself. Got it in the 24 days of tea advent calendar, but haven’t been game to go back. Might try it next time with half the amount of tea, or in a cocktail.

Steeped according to DT instructions. Will try again at some point an re-review.

I’m pretty sure this tea can cure the common cold. I absolutely love it – it’s one of my go-tos whenever I’m feeling shitty. I know I will buy this again and again – I’ll probably invest in a tin of it the next time I’m at David’s. The taste isn’t for everyone, but I just feel so much healthier after I drink it.

At first I loved the taste of the tea, but then I had the aftertaste and it was an awful sensation. The aftertaste was caused by the ginger. A good tea for when you are sick.

mint tea is definitely growing on me … will i love it one day? peppermint is still too strong but this was pretty light.

Just tried this tea while looking out the window at winter storm Nemo here in New York… I do like mint teas, but what really makes this tea good is the complimenting spicy ingredients. It almost has a chai kinda feel to it and I like that. I’m not sure this will be a “staple” tea for me, but I’m glad I have 50g of it. ;)

Did not like. Too much spice!!

My husband bought this for me along with others to try. I steeped this for 3 minutes with water probably a bit too hot, but definitely not boiling.

I enjoyed the gentle and warm flavours of cardamom and mint. I wouldn’t drink it everyday though. I think this would be good iced on a warm and humid summers evening.