North African Mint (organic)

Green Tea
Black Pepper, Cardamom, Clove, Fennel, Ginger, Hojicha, Licorice Root, Peppermint
Mint, Clove, Fennel, Ginger, Nutty, Pepper
Low
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

• “I'm glad I had a cup of this. It's been months and I always forget how good it is but the name just never gets me excited, but then when I finally do, I really like it! Now to check if *Sil* has...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1700 tasting notes
  • “So I was perusing my cupboard this morning, and I've been feeling like sweeter teas lately but I didn't want to use another sachet of Paris. So I decided to try to change my sweet craving haha and...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 946 tasting notes
  • “Made this one as a cold brew today. I was craving chai but I was trying to stay away from black tea today. When I had this one the first time, it really reminded me of chai, because it has chai...” Read full tasting note
    Lala1 772 tasting notes
  • “I'm finishing up my day with this one, since it tends to calm my tummy and headaches, both of which I have at the moment. I'm just not hungry today, which is weird and tells me I'm sick. I've made...” Read full tasting note
    ladykittykat 1243 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

An exotic journey
Explore Northern Africa, from its souks to its deserts, with this intense combination of spices and mint. It combines organic, fairly-traded green tea and peppermint with organic cardamom, ginger, licorice root, fennel clove and black pepper. Deliciously sweet, with all the romance of the Maghreb.

Ingredients: Cardamom, peppermint, ginger, Japanese-style Hojicha green tea, licorice root, fennel, clove, black pepper.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

So this is Day 16 of the tea calendar and I didn’t really like it. Right when I opened the tin and took a whiff, I smelt the cloves. I don’t really like cloves, especially since I got sick last year and made myself clove tea to get better. I assume that becuase this tea has clove in it, that it would be great to have around when being sick. But becuase clove has such a strong taste, I feel like it overpowered the drink for me.

Ah yes, the cold/holiday hiatus. That has been me for the last two weeks.

I’m on Day 6 of this lingering nasty cold. I have my very sweet and cute nieces and nephews to thank for that. My lovely mother bought this for me as a stocking stuffer for Christmas. She tried it at a friends house and knew that my favourite green tea was Moroccan Mint/North African mint teas. I had tried this one previous (received it as a sample) but hadn’t purchased it yet. It has been a god send for my cold.

At first sniff: This is a very spicy smelling blend. I pick out all the spices and they work very well together. DELICIOUS!

At first steep: This tea tastes amazing. I also like Moroccan Mint by Stash, which is less spicy, more spearmint and minty. But this is a nice version of it. It’s zippy and very clearing to the sinuses. It also helps the tummy. The mint and the green tea take a back seat in this blend, throughout all the steeps, but I kind of like that I am not getting an in your face green tea flavour.

At second steep: The spices come out more, and the mint takes a back seat. This steeps extremely well in the second steeping.

At third steep: Getting fainter, but still delicious and those that don’t appreciate the strong spices, would like this subdued version of it.

At fourth steep: It’s very watery, but I’ll take it, seeing as I am sick and all. It’s nice that you can do this many steeps with it. It could definitely be considered a value tea at this rate! Love love love!

I love this tea. It is one of the first teas I tried from David’s Tea. I received a sample in my very first order. Last time, I ordered two packages of the sachets which I really like because they are convenient for the office and on-the-go.
This is the perfect blend of mint and spice. I find this to be a soothing and relaxing flavoured green tea.

VariaTEA

Lime Gelato is a great green tea from DAVIDs – very different from this one of course but if you ever want a different green tea I would give that a try

Tea4Me

Thanks, I will.

Backlogging from the other day….

This one was really good! The mint didn’t overpower the green tea like I thought it would. It was a very relaxing cuppa for a quiet night at work.

My winner so far today. The spices combine well with the green tea, so neither is overpowering. No astringency. It’s an easy, soothing tea to drink.

I’m really glad I like this, as I discovered I accidentally purchased it twice.

This is the second time I’ve tried this one, the first being in store. That time I couldn’t figure out what it was that I didn’t like in the tea, and blamed it on the over-brewing that can happen to the more delicate teas when they’re samples.

This time, I have an ingredient list with me, and much more tea knowledge. Drat that infernal licorice, that’s what ruins it for me! I want a mint mint, not something masquerading as one! Sorry David, but I think I’ll be going elsewhere for my mint teas.

Day 9 on my Advent Calendar

This is another tea i’ve been meaning to try happy to see it in the calendar.

dry leaves i mostly smell mint and i’m also picking up the fennel from the seeds.

liqueur is a nice dark caramel color and smells like peppery mint

Time to taste: mint and the fennel licorice and then it leaves a nice sweet note on the tongue, very refreshing! and very christmassy to me as we usually have fennel on the table to munch on while we play cards.

So the tea is supposed to be an “intense combination of spices and mint”. I’m only tasting the mint flavor with a slight hint of spices. But this is still a really yummy tea for after lunch. It smells wonderful too always a plus!

I’m not as crazy about this as I was the first time, but better than the last cup. It all depends on how much licorice I get in my cup. Too much and it’s overpoweringly sweet. Still, excellent headache remedy.

hyenaboy

NAM is the first tea I admitted to liking. I don’t like it if it’s too overpoweringly minty, though.

De

I love the mint, in this one it’s the licorice that can be too strong for me. I drink bucketsful of Peppermint Amour.

Full disclosure: this is my third cup of green tea already today. Last night was a little rough, so I’ve been self-medicating. 1) Detox (Organic) from David’s Tea; 2) Electric Lemon from David’s Tea; 3) North African Mint from David’s Tea.
You know… this one.
I’m on a bit of a no-milk teas kick (I have almost a need to cloud my black teas and most tisanes and rooibos, so that leaves the earthy greens in my arsenal.) I did slip some honey in, though, because the throat, she’s not doing so good these days.
I don’t know what I think about the smell of the dry tea. I certainly don’t get a “mint” smell from it, like I love and am used to, but it has a firmly enigmatic and foreign sense to it.
Steeped it in my infuriatingly pine-green-interiored mug (but it’s such a great size and shape that I can’t stop using it), so I can’t tell if it has any colour to it. I suspect it has darkness, but can’t (am too lazy) to confirm.
Oh, THERE that mintiness is! It’s hidden in the warmth of steeping! It’s not as toothpastey as I tend to find peppermints. All the other spices really keep it in check. I am absolutely getting cloves in the smell. Very nice. The licorice is largely hidden, and the ginger kind of lingers in your nostrils as an after-smell.
First taste is a punch to the mouth. I took too big a gulp (because I steeped it so low and it’s so cold here that tea gets undrinkably cold very quickly, so I’ve developed the habit of chugging my tea. There’s so much happening. Heat, coolness, spiciness, body… let me take a proper sip and try to figure out some of this craziness.
Gingery burn is the first thing that happens. It teams up with the pepper and lasts as long as the tea is in your mouth. Immediately above that burn is the cold of peppermint. It’s a very nice sensation. The fennel and cloves almost make me feel like I should see my breath in a puff of ice crystals like I was outside on a very cold day.
I have to be honest and say that this little tin sat in my World Tour box for a long time because I just didn’t want to try it; that was a mistake. I’m finding that the teas I wind up liking the most at David’s Tea are the ones that I hesitated to try. I can see replacing my current mint (which was ruined by going to a different format and which will remain nameless) with this green tea version. Yum!