North African Mint (organic)

Green Tea
Black Pepper, Cardamom, Clove, Fennel, Ginger, Hojicha, Licorice Root, Peppermint
Mint, Clove, Fennel, Ginger, Nutty, Pepper
Low
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

• “I'm glad I had a cup of this. It's been months and I always forget how good it is but the name just never gets me excited, but then when I finally do, I really like it! Now to check if *Sil* has...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1698 tasting notes
  • “So I was perusing my cupboard this morning, and I've been feeling like sweeter teas lately but I didn't want to use another sachet of Paris. So I decided to try to change my sweet craving haha and...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 919 tasting notes
  • “Made this one as a cold brew today. I was craving chai but I was trying to stay away from black tea today. When I had this one the first time, it really reminded me of chai, because it has chai...” Read full tasting note
    Lala1 765 tasting notes
  • “I'm finishing up my day with this one, since it tends to calm my tummy and headaches, both of which I have at the moment. I'm just not hungry today, which is weird and tells me I'm sick. I've made...” Read full tasting note
    ladykittykat 1237 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

An exotic journey
Explore Northern Africa, from its souks to its deserts, with this intense combination of spices and mint. It combines organic, fairly-traded green tea and peppermint with organic cardamom, ginger, licorice root, fennel clove and black pepper. Deliciously sweet, with all the romance of the Maghreb.

Ingredients: Cardamom, peppermint, ginger, Japanese-style Hojicha green tea, licorice root, fennel, clove, black pepper.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This is a nice, relaxing green tea for difficult days. When I am stressed out with work, this blend really helps me get in the right state of mind to cope. I do not find the liquorice overpowering, it is actually balanced quite well with the mint.

Day 70 of my 101 days of DAVIDsTEA challenge. Catching up on the backlog!

1.5 tsp in my teaball, brewed in-cup.

This is easily my favroutite minty tea that I’ve tried so far (perhaps tied with Santa’s Secret, but that’s more of a chocolate mint…). The green tea mutes the mint just enough to make it delicious but not as overpowering as I sometimes find mint to be. Second steep was just as good as the first.

This is a great tea for relaxing at night, I find. Definitely something worth having in a tea stash.

Smells nice and minty fresh.
Not a fan of ginger but I don’t smell it and hopefully won’t taste it.

when brewed the smell becomes super pepperminty and has a kick of ginger(unfortunately).

A very nice very solid green tea that does not taste like green tea.

Tastes exactly like a mellowed down peppermint tea with a kick of ginger spice,which I actually didn’t mind.

A good drinking experience but not unforgettable.

Great for sore throats and colds.A good wellness tea to keep as a staple in your home.

this is so good, and whenever someone has a stomachache or sore throat, I break this out. drizzle the pot with honey, pour the water, steep, and pour. good for what ails ya.

Not my favourite, but I would drink it once in awhile. Even though I love mint teas, the black pepper really threw me off. It is still ok, I would never buy a large quantity though.

This tea tastes like… if mint tea and chai tea had a love child. The cardamom is a sweet surprise to my taste buds! I was disappointed to find another tea in my calendar with licorice in it, since I haven’t enjoyed the last few, but I don’t mind how it mellows this tea out so nicely. I’m usually pretty lazy about watching steeping times. But I’ll be careful with this one. The longer it steeps, the stronger the licorice gets.

Anywho, I’m pleasantly surprised! With all the mint teas in my tea stash right now, I’m not sure I’ll be buying this one right away, but I do like it!

This is my day #9 of the David’s Tea “24 Days of Tea” advent calendar.

This is my favorite mint tea from David’s tea. The spices and the mint make a good combination and there a random sweetness but I don’t know which of the ingredients could be contributing to this.

Considering I do not like minty teas a whole lot, I was pleasantly surprised by this bold green tea. It is beyond aromatic, and when you drink it, it feels so warm and spicy. The mint adds flavour, sweetness, and a refreshing contrast to the spicy pepper. Drink it up, yum, yum, yum.

I absolutely love mint tea. This is the best mint tea that I have had since a recent visit to Morocco. Absolutely fabulous tea. Love the spices, love the cardamom. Mmm.

Tastes like minty backwash. The bitterness of the licorice does not combine well with the slight tastebud numbing effect of the mint, creating a substance invoking a good quality mint hand soap